Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

The Intern Show (Reality TV) - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Intern Show (Reality TV) (32482 Views)

The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! / Help Afolabi Become The Intern / Bank Phb's "the Intern" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 10:01am On Jan 27, 2007
They went to cool fm, the palms, eko hotel e.t.c and got quite a lot of commitment to attend from apparent high income earners ( and some white guys)
Their success in these tasks might be purely due to their attachment to this TV show?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 10:32am On Jan 27, 2007
To a large extent, their sucess in these tasks is due to the attachment of camera men and crew of the show
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2007
at least the work was done
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2007
Yes. I think our criticism is only meant to bring more attention to the show and spur it to greater heights.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by loma(m): 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2007
The show is on now on africast.com
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by robinwhite(m): 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2007
The inrern show is indeed an idea whose time has come.However,the present task of managing an art gallery is dull.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2007
though, i'm not watching it now,
i believe a business man has to go through the boring and exiciting cycles as with making profit and making more money grin
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by cyberangel(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2007
financial literacy is a very important tool for young people nowadays and i believe the intern may begin to make us see that there may be opportunities waiting to be exploited. i agree that success in many of these tasks is related to show affiliation but many lessons are being learnt along the way. Arts are a very rich source of who we are and if we begin to look away from petrol and oil and gas we will open this country in a manner that will shock us. Nigeria is full of ideas and resources that can rule the world. In 2001, we came second at the world exhibitions held in Mexico and that collection wasn't as good as other craft i have seen on my visits. sometimes, let us look beyond the show and look at the subtle messages for i agree that the show has its weaknesses. with our support, it will get better
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 8:16pm On Jan 28, 2007
africast
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2007
Saw it on STV during the last hour. The lighting is much better, but the coverage remains poor.

Maybe the problem is that the show is being broadcast live. If that's the case, then it's not necessary - Ultimate Search wasn't broadcast live. An editor will need lots of time to mix in the outdoor footage to spice up the show.

I don't want to listen to young men like me speaking corporatese to ogas. I want to see them in action.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2007
The sound quality is poor

does anyone know the contestants background ?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2007
saturday's episode was boring. Thats why i didnt say anything about it.

Boardroom on Sunday was somewhat interesting. Emmanuel defending his actions. Talking about strategies and oppositions he had, e.t.c
They stopped before the end of the board room session. So we dont know who got/gets eliminated.

Production Advice
Saturday: The background music (during their interview sessions) was louder than the interview itself.
Sunday: Sometimes the sound was faster than the lips of the speakers.

Interns on the Street:
They were sighted in HOTR today.

Who is your Favourite Intern?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2007
Seun:

Saw it on STV during the last hour. The lighting is much better, but the coverage remains poor.

Maybe the problem is that the show is being broadcast live. If that's the case, then it's not necessary - Ultimate Search wasn't broadcast live. An editor will need lots of time to mix in the outdoor footage to spice up the show.

I don't want to listen to young men like me speaking corporatese to ogas. I want to see them in action.

@seun they are not broadcasting live at all. They just need more work in terms of production e.t.c . And you are right they need to cover more actions.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Bizl4Rizl(m): 1:16am On Jan 29, 2007
Seun, its NOT broadcast live.
The production is quite poor as rightly said, i could hear the 'loud' jazz music in the background and it was quite distracting.

The contestants spend a lot of time bickering amongst each other (I think its a strategy to draw attention and/or make themselves controversial). Kolawole Dairo (guy with afro, economist) has been very quiet. Too QUIET! He doesn't seem to put in a lot of effort in the tasks and is also quiet during meetings. Methinks, he might be the next to go. The organisers of the show would want to keep it lively.

The Graphic Designer guy (shiny head, wears glasses) always wants to talk and be seen to be in the know. Same probably goes for Dami. The girls - Amina has finally woken up. Was glad to see she could move herself on the dance floor during the birthday party for Bose & Emmanuel. Rhona is also getting herself into the mixture. Bose is just all about talk, talk & MORE TALK! Haba!

My favourite Intern - well based on looks: Rhona/Bose

based on capability and contribution: Afolabi/Emmanuel

Lets wait and see who will be evicted.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Kjay(m): 1:21am On Jan 29, 2007
dont u think kola's bin quiet mite be a strategy? d guy even calls gimself d bullet
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 2:00am On Jan 29, 2007
Rhona  kiss , i wonder why they didnt give them phones to use, i heard rhona sayinh how the rest are having meeting behind her back- though shes the "team leader"  undecided

does anyone know the contestants background ?

I thionk like most nollywood film they try using jazz music (noise) to blur out the background noise- generators,dog barking, molues, and beepings
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by GoToMan(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2007
[color=#000099][/color]Does anyone know why they brought in those 4 or was it 6 students of the "intern academy" into the boardroom? I hope they are not thinking of replacing the current set of interns.

I really wonder, who exactly is calling the shots on this show? Tade Ogidan, Charles O'Tudor or Bank PHB?

I hope there were ground rules when they took off? How long is the show supposed to last for anyway? I assumed they were to fire one person a week on average? We've gone two weeks without anyone being fired!

On their last task I consider that Emmanuel dropped the ball on decalration of an open market. Why he did so is anyone's guess but there should have been rules. Even war has Rules of Engagement!

Please is anyone feeling tired of being preached to on this show? There are ways of passing across a message without preaching to the choir!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 8:45am On Jan 29, 2007
Interns on the Street: They were sighted in HOTR today.
What's HOTR?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Christino(m): 8:52am On Jan 29, 2007
Kjay:

don't u think kola's bin quiet mite be a strategy? d guy even calls gimself d bullet

Kola probably has something up his sleeves, but reality shows aren't patient for quiet guys, remember BBA, this rich dude was kicked out cos he was too quiet, all he does was offer sticks of cigarettes to peeps. (4gotten the fine boy's name, he was a manager of a company before then. . .)

If Kola continues to dull the program, i'm afraid he might be kicked out as speculated, he should show some creativity!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 11:55am On Jan 29, 2007
not sure but i  think HOTR means House On The Rock
so what do u want to know about the contestants,
should have some knowledge,i spent 3 whole days with them all as a prospective contestant some time in august during the second stage interviews at protea hotels.

thats just Kola, cool and taciturn, was the youngest person at the boot camp and made it before agbala gbas like us (lol)
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 11:59am On Jan 29, 2007
so what do u want to know about the contestants,
should have some knowledge,i spent 3 whole days with them all as a prospective contestant some time in august during the second stage interviews at protea hotels.

I'd like to know the name of each contestant I photographed in my review, as well as occupation and all the things one expects to find on the show's website. I'd like to associate each contestant's name with a face. Thanks!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2007
ok,
the first picture will be used and during the boot camp, i was closer to some than others so info might be sketchy on some.

NB-we start from the top left, we were all told to make a business plan so i will say the ones i know

1-Afolabi, works for one of them investment companies,IBTC, i presume, do not know his business plan, had a laptop with a lot animated comedys cheesy

2-Ogechi, higher education in the UK, london metrpolitan i think, nice girl, likes and knows how to dance and groove, her business plan was some food service stuff on the island, works as an ambassador for her school (selling the school to prospective nigerian students), lives in lagos.

3- Emmanuel, went to uniport, lives in warri, geology(not sure), can't remember what he does.

4-Amina, speaks yoruba, hausa and igbo fluently, degree in economics, works with advertising agency Bates Cosse, worked on the virgin nigeria advert(no paddy for jungle), was in my team, can also dance , bold and talks shop.

5-Kolawole, i think he was doing youth service, youngest of the lot, quiet and strategic, also smart

the bottom row

6- Eudokia Jumbo, nickname Eudi, down to earth, went to uniport, administrator for her mothers school, does not suffer fools gladly, lives in port-harcourt.( too bad shes is out).

7-Damilola, degree in mechanical engineering, think Futa or so, lives in lagos,

8- Abosede Alimi, first degree Igbinedeon University, masters degree Ekpoma, lives in Abuja, works for an NGO ,Action Aid, quick responses, business plan was a bin to store plates and kitchen stuff. one of her main ambitions is to host her own talk show and be a female president of Nigeria(gossip- there was a little friction btween us cause i categorically did not support her presidential ambition)

9-Ayo Oguntubi, thats was my main guy, very creative, went to Ife, versatile and has reasonable knowledge of many issues, (sweats on the nose)lol, motivational speaker,business plan was sth on IT, cool guy though you uys watching the show says he always talks, thats just him, ladies man u know,

10- Rhona, Beautiful Rhona, went to IMSU, about to go for youth service, smart but needs to believe in herself more, nice smile too, has a lot to learn bout life.cried when she was told she made it to the house cause we both taught we would flunk it(guess she left me)

i was asked for any info so
the food we were given at the camp was excellent, we were given roasted plantain once and some girls came out complaining that they could not eat it and wanted Mr biggs

Keppy Ekpeyoung the Nollywood actor was also there and we saw the very intelligent side of him, asked some deep piercing quetions at the presentations, breaking hearts and smiled with you later on.

even if i did not make it, at least i appeared in three national dailies cool

really, we had some lectures there which are helping me in pursuit of my degree.

thats all i can remember, been a while and lot of water's passed.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2007
thats more like it!! thanks Tmoni
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2007
Tmoni:

not sure but i  think HOTR means House On The Rock
Yes, HOTR is House on the Rock. Its a church on the Island (Muson Centre to be precise), (Pastor Paul Adefarasin)

And

Nice one Tmoni
so what was your biz plan?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Bizl4Rizl(m): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2007
Kjay:

don't u think kola's bin quiet mite be a strategy? d guy even calls gimself d bullet

Such a strategy will backfire in the long (or short) run.

@Tmoni, Thanks for the background info.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 3:11pm On Jan 29, 2007
my business plan was about converting sermons, jokes and motiational speeches to mp3 format for people to download from the internet or get with podcast, with the financials and all the SWOT analysis et al,
pastor chris has something like that but the idea is to be on a large scale with my company forming alliances with the churches, speakers and comedians,

there was this IT guy from America and woman fron hp who grilled me with serious questions on how the website, and other IT functions will be handled and i smilled saying we will outsource it and only deal with the business side.
i was later told that the plan was ok, but i was little nervous in the delivery and did not bring out the best in me,
boy,was i not disappointed in myself sad
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 3:56pm On Jan 29, 2007
@Tmoni: thanks for the detailed profiles of the contestants. Why not go ahead with your MP3 business plan?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2007
at the moment , getting a masters
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2007
Tmoni:

at the moment , getting a masters

@tmoni if you had made it to the last ten, would you have deferred your masters?
i think it is a lovely idea (ur biz proposal that is)
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 7:50am On Jan 30, 2007
Success in business transcends balance sheets and bottom lines; therefore every successful organization thrives in proactively recognizing the needs of their immediate environment and fashioning out ways to meet those needs.

Last week you managed an art gallery for one of my associates and one of the objectives of that task was to raise funds to achieve the corporate social responsibility objectives of the intern organization. Sadly the amount raised from the exhibition cannot execute these CSR objectives.

Consequently in the coming week you are expected to plan and execute an initiative to achieve these CSR objectives.

Understanding CSR

Corporate Social Responsibility is any activity or initiative embarked upon by a corporation that it is not mandated by law or regulation to embark on, such as paying taxes. It is a voluntary activity through which an organisation seeks to engage with its community (as defined by the institution) for a mutually beneficial relationship.

Active involvement by organizations in communities where they do business creates harmonious relationships and greatly contributes to building brand equity.

What the task requires you to do is to identify edifying causes you wish to associate with – education, health, environment, – and which you believe will add value to society, or causes that the key publics/stakeholders (staff, customers, community) of your business are passionate about.

Your proposal should state what activities you wish to engage in, and how you wish to raise funds to execute the activity (ies), and the expected impact you wish to accomplish with the stated activity.

For this task you shall work as one team of eight, however in formulating the initiative you are expected to form yourselves into two groups to develop possible proposals that will be presented to the board for approval on Monday 29th January, 2007 at 7pm. Each team is expected to present a minimum of two proposals.

You are at liberty to choose a name for your new company and elect anyone of you as team leader for this task.

Henceforth the use of mobile phones and internet is allowed for your task ONLY. The consequence of calling and/or emailing family and friend is grave, ANYONE CAUGHT CHEATING WILL BE FIRED.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by GoToMan(m): 8:37am On Jan 30, 2007
Ifende,

I'm curious to know how you got the Boss's next speech?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2007
abi ifende is one of the contestants sef? grin, A beg who got fired last week, they did not show it on TV , Was it Kola ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

DSTV Subscription Hike: I Won’t Subscribe Again – OPM General Overseer / BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss / Drop Your Favourite Horror/Paranormal Movie Titles Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.