Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? (2207 Views)

Is MouthAction Godly for Married Couples? help! / How many times shd married couples have sex in a week? / Is It Okay For Married Couples To Make Love Before Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2013
I am not talking about long distance marriage. I mean 2 people living in the same city, have their places, get married and move in together. Is it a must? Why can't they be married and still live apart?

The idea of living together for ever is what scares a lot of men, including me. That is why a guy can date a girl for 20 years and not propose.

Assuming a guy is working and has an apartment, and the girl is doing the same. When they get married, if they afford to maintain their apartments, why can't they continue living separately. The lady can come spend time in the guys house anytime but can go back to hers. The constant presence of the couples kills romance.

Even when the kids come, they can stay anywhere they like. I have not seen anyone do such that is why I ask.

The living together can suffocate someone. I am the type of person that feels like being alone sometimes. As the feeling of coming home to an empty house something is nice. Knowing that you won't have any visitors, no movement just you.

How do married couples living together cope with the lack of alone time? Some people will say you can have separate rooms, but that's not enough space. You can always bump into each other in the corridor.

Is that why most married men travel to chase contract? What of those that have jobs that don't allow them travel?

One can be married and still have that dating feeling, where you gf comes with a bag and you welcome her. She stays for days or weeks. And you drop her off in her house and return and still chat and know how she is doing. You can go and spend time at her place. You both have clothes in each others house.

Is it possible to be married and still maintain the dating experience?

1 Like

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Acidosis(m): 10:06pm On May 18, 2013
Una too like wahala...

Everyone wants to change the order of God..

girls now marry girls
men marry men
a woman can marry two men
etc...

Anything outside joining a man and a woman in holy matrimony as they leave their parents 'home' to start a new life and live happily together is not marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 18, 2013
Ehmmmmm you can start yours like that, its not as if there's gonna be someone forcing you to stay with your wife. its your marriage. do as you please.

1 Like

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by tinuolababy(f): 10:17pm On May 18, 2013
:DYou must be kidding .Op, is someone suffocating Ɣ☺ΰ?
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 18, 2013
cheesy
tinuolababy: :DYou must be kidding .Op, is someone suffocating Ɣ☺ΰ?
cheesy
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 10:25pm On May 18, 2013
tinuolababy: :DYou must be kidding .Op, is someone suffocating Ɣ☺ΰ?
not at the moment, I still have my space now and then. But the forever after is the issue.
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by chronique(m): 10:25pm On May 18, 2013
Smh. One of many signs to show that jesus will soon come. Everything in the world seems to be going upside down. @ op: let me ask you something: what is marriage?
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 10:27pm On May 18, 2013
Acidosis: Una too like wahala...

Everyone wants to change the order of God..

girls now marry girls
men marry men
a woman can marry two men
etc...

Anything outside joining a man and a woman in holy matrimony as they leave their parents 'home' to start a new life and live happily together is not marriage.

What of those that leave their parents home just to live alone. Is marriage the only reason a man or woman leaves their parents home?

1 Like

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 18, 2013
mekaboy:

What of those that leave their parents home just to live alone. Is marriage the only reason a man or woman leaves their parents home?
Wow i can't believe you ask that knowing fully what he meant, how old are you ?

1 Like

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 18, 2013
Dude why worry yourself? why not just stay single and leave marriage to mature responsible people?

3 Likes

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 10:43pm On May 18, 2013
chronique: Smh. One of many signs to show that jesus will soon come. Everything in the world seems to be going upside down. @ op: let me ask you something: what is marriage?

Marriage is a legal bases through which the opposite sex can engage in sexual activity either for pleasure or for the purpose of reproduction. According to christianity.

Marriage is also a business transaction, whereby a man purchasing a woman from her parents at a fee. This could be based on a mutual understanding between the man and woman, or arranged by the man and woman's family on behalf of the woman. The woman becomes both his sexual partner and source of his offspring. Optionally, the woman can add additional attributes, such as motivation, inspiration , financial partnership etc as a bonus.

Marriage could also be a partnership between a man and woman, with the primary aim of reproduction and raising the children together. This is done in presence of witnesses
, The man makes a refundable deposit to the parents of the girl, which will be refunded if the man decide the partnership is over.
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 10:47pm On May 18, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Dude why worry yourself? why not just stay single and leave marriage to mature responsible people?

I hate it when people bring this and maturity talk into threads. So people can't air their opinions without fears of being oppressed by the so called adults?

So marriage is all about matured people? I have seen married people do things that makes me a single and immature person feel ashamed.

2 Likes

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 18, 2013
mekaboy:

Marriage is a legal bases through which the opposite sex can engage in sexual activity either for pleasure or for the purpose of reproduction. According to christianity.

Marriage is also a business transaction, whereby a man purchasing a woman from her parents at a fee. This could be based on a mutual understanding between the man and woman, or arranged by the man and woman's family on behalf of the woman. The woman becomes both his sexual partner and source of his offspring. Optionally, the woman can add additional attributes, such as motivation, inspiration , financial partnership etc as a bonus.

Marriage could also be a partnership between a man and woman, with the primary aim of reproduction and raising the children together. This is done in presence of witnesses
, The man makes a refundable deposit to the parents of the girl, which will be refunded if the man decide the partnership is over.
First and foremost, Marriage is between husband and wife, meaning if you have decided you want your marriage to be like the one mentioned above,then go ahead, am sure a law exists that states you have to stay with your wife.
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 10:51pm On May 18, 2013
pc guru:
First and foremost, Marriage is between husband and wife, meaning if you have decided you want your marriage to be like the one mentioned above,then go ahead, am sure a law exists that states you have to stay with your wife.

Thanks for the enlightenment, I thought the couple live together by choice, I did not know it is by law.
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 18, 2013
mekaboy:

Thanks for the enlightenment, I thought the couple live together by choice, I did not know it is by law.
Sorry i meant to say there's no law
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 11:00pm On May 18, 2013
pc guru: Sorry i meant to say there's no law

Cool then I might give it a try, but I will have to find a girl that adventurous and willing to give it a try, without considering what the society will say.
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 18, 2013
mekaboy:

Cool then I might give it a try, but I will have to find a girl that adventurous and willing to give it a try, without considering what the society will say.
That's like finding The perfect woman, Atlantis,Holy Grail,Twilight Movie that makes sense. good luck.
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 1:41am On May 19, 2013
What ever works for you.
I used to be like this too - liked being home spending time with me, dreading sharing my space, found prolonged visits extremely bothersome. But I met someone whose company I actually prefer to mine, it got addictive. Living together was like sooooo natural.....and fun.

1 Like

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 5:37am On May 19, 2013
Raggedy_Ann: What ever works for you.
I used to be like this too - liked being home spending time with me, dreading sharing my space, found prolonged visits extremely bothersome. But I met someone whose company I actually prefer to mine, it got addictive. Living together was like sooooo natural.....and fun.

Nice, r u still living together? If yes, how long have u been living together? So u don't miss ur alone times?
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Mynd44: 6:19am On May 19, 2013
Remain single then you can live separately for as long as you want. But if there is one thing I know about life it is that you can never be alone in your ideology. Who knows, there might be a woman out there who thinks like this and would not mind such an arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 9:09am On May 19, 2013
Sure u can live apart...she can get a man who will be close to her wen she wants him close to her and u can jus be the husband cheesy
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by tinuolababy(f): 10:20am On May 19, 2013
pc guru: cheesy cheesy
. grin grin
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Sure u can live apart...she can get a man who will be close to her wen she wants him close to her and u can jus be the husband cheesy

Lol, you think people always cheat because of absence of their partner? No, most times dey cheat because of too much of their partner.

If she was not cheating when we were dating and living alone, why will she start to cheat when we are married. People can still live together and still feel lonely.

1 Like

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 10:46am On May 19, 2013
mekaboy:

Lol, you think people always cheat because of absence of their partner? No, most times dey cheat because of too much of their partner.

If she was not cheating when we were dating and living alone, why will she start to cheat when we are married. People can still live together and still feel lonely.
I never mentioned anything about cheating...I said someone close to her, most women will want someone close to them...physical presence
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 10:56am On May 19, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I never mentioned anything about cheating...I said someone close to her, most women will want someone close to them...physical presence

Unless the man is gay, I assume they will be cheating. When we were dating, she was not always in my arms every night, but she was happy. She can always come to my place or I come to hers when we need the comfort. Too much of everything is bad, including hold each other every time.

Its not even as if people who are living together are holding or kissing each other everytime, there are married people living together who have not kissed or cuddled in years. That is because they kept doing it everyday when they moved in together and got tired of it.

If living apart will keep the flame burning, I think it will be better. Its happiness that really matters.
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 11:00am On May 19, 2013
Imagine your wife on her way to work, stops by your place while ur getting ready, and you have a quicky before she drives off smiling . People will wonder what is making her smile so much in the office. But if you we're living together you probably might not have sex because you did in the night and day before.

Your seeing each other will remain special, the sex will remain great. Not this one people will be living together for long and the wife will be asking when was the last time you touched me.

1 Like

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 19, 2013
mekaboy:

Unless the man is gay, I assume they will be cheating. When we were dating, she was not always in my arms every night, but she was happy. She can always come to my place or I come to hers when we need the comfort. Too much of everything is bad, including hold each other every time.

Its not even as if people who are living together are holding or kissing each other everytime, there are married people living together who have not kissed or cuddled in years. That is because they kept doing it everyday when they moved in together and got tired of it.

If living apart will keep the flame burning, I think it will be better. Its happiness that really matters.
try it, come back and tell us how it goes
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 11:06am On May 19, 2013
mondi_cheeks: try it, come back and tell us how it goes

Working on it.
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Nobody: 11:09am On May 19, 2013
One thing I know for sure is that it is never the right of akata. For akata to kill the fowl and also the owner of the fowl. Abomination! Ha, abomination. I am tired of people who believe they can eat their cakes and still have it. Can someone define marriage. And if one prefer being single, why seek marriage. Soon, we will have married singles.

2 Likes

Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by mekaboy(m): 11:26am On May 19, 2013
tpacalipse: One thing I know for sure is that it is never the right of akata. For akata to kill the fowl and also the owner of the fowl. Abomination! Ha, abomination. I am tired of people who believe they can eat their cakes and still have it. Can someone define marriage. And if one prefer being single, why seek marriage. Soon, we will have married singles.

I believe you are someone, so you can help us define marriage.
Re: Must MARRIED Couples MOVE In TOGETHER? by Caracta(f): 12:56pm On May 19, 2013
mekaboy:

Marriage is also a business transaction, whereby a man purchasing a woman from her parents at a fee.

The woman becomes both his sexual partner and source of his offspring.

The man makes a refundable deposit to the parents of the girl, which will be refunded if the man decide the partnership is over.

Oh goodness! shocked shocked shocked
We still have people that think like this? Omg!
What a world we live in. Omg! For real?
Omg!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Caught Her Husband In Her Husband's Bedroom / Please How Do You Forgive And Forget? / When You Cheat On An African Girl And Their Squad Come To Collect Your Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.