Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan (13103 Views)

Photo Of Another Multi-billion Naira Complex In Abuja Seized By EFCC Authorities / Dangote To Construct Refinery And Petrochemical Complex In Ogun And Ondo / China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 20, 2013
Hye-Bits:
Well, my addition to all these. I never believed in this life that the ancient city of Ibadan will ever wear this spectacles of environmental decency. I was traveling to Oyo town for a wedding from Lagos when I stumble is a traffic gridlock. I decided to go through challenge via Molete to burst out at gate. One of my siblings announced at instance "this road is unusually neat". When we all tried to confirm this her assertion, I swear we hardly see paper on the roads. On getting to Molete under bridge, the beauty of this once notorious place encircled me, all greenery and orderliness. As I tried to lay by to see the place better, a man in security uniform directed I shouldn't park, a new experience here in Ibadan where we park anywhere we care. On getting to Mapo and further to Bere, I can't help as I said "this is the dream of a great man".

On getting to Oyo town, for the first time in the history of this town, dualized roads are under construction. All I had experienced are un-Ibadan and Oyo State. I give this to Ajimobi. Truly his achievement is in confirmation of his CV.

Thank you very much, I've been telling all those nay sayers on here to come down to ibadan or even take a picture of anywhere within ibadan metropolis and prove to us that ibadan is the dirtiest place in nigeria. I believe very much that in this very hour no city is cleaner than ibadan, all thanks to present admin!

I can't help think about what ladoja or akala would be thinking driving through ring road/challenge/oke ado/secretariat every corner in Ib!

@chubhie, why is your own not more than hearsay, please come forward with concrete matter and let us discuss it! Not one of my friend just bought house and they demolish it, tell us exactly which area, you say the buses got to wrong hands please tell us who it was that took it! I don't know about you but I see those buses pass constantly, you can't wait 30mins before another one pass your front!

Btw, anyone know the progress of work in that 5 star hotel behind premier hotel, last time I was there they've barely started!

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 20, 2013
Filmhouse cinema opens may 22 in heritage mall!!!

IBADAN LEGGOO grin

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by TriPorth: 12:54pm On May 20, 2013
Shoprite open soon @ J-Allen Dugbe, Ibadan.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Olaone1: 1:11pm On May 20, 2013
Chubhie: Do you know that there are some parts he demolished shops which where all considered safe and not encroaching on the main road only to turn it to a park for his buses? some other parts he demolished only for yess o to erect shops there? some others he demolished only to allow motor park touts and okada to take over the place at the expense of people who had real business. bout losing or not let him conduct local govt elections first and see.

I have nothing personal against him and mine interests are safe but i have friends and men who he rendered weak in heart due to this. some brought shops with over ten million and the shop gets demolished few months after. his next action now after this is peoples homes. if you understand how some people built houses in ibadan you will know people are gonna cry the more.

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Olaone1: 1:14pm On May 20, 2013
RedReact:

I don't think the man is that "second-term drunk" as Oyapa empty-headed Mr Sooyoyo was in hos reign of callumny.
If he is not voted in next time, he has lain a standard for proper and effective administration. If Late Lam and other governors had started what he is doing today, we won't be where we are right now. Change, sometimes, brings pains but it's for a future gain. Compare security issues in Ibadan now with the previous tenures. Patrol vehicles move in remotest areas you would not think of at night.
Many people felt the pains of the demolitions, but the blame can be lain on negligencw of the laid-down plans. If right-doing gets shoved down, wrong-doing takes over, and if that same wrong-doing continues for many years, it looks.like the right action in our eyes.
Imagine Agodi Gate demolition that occurred early this year. It looked as if the government were wicked and lacked human feelings, but it's not. Far back in 1991 to mid-93, it wasn't like that at the area. 20 years after, the original plan was restored; brought about by demolition of structures illegaly built or erected. How would it look like to an ordinary person?
If he isn't re-elected, he has laid a foundation for administrative competence and visionary leadership for any government to follow. In fact, his successors would be running on how to do much more because people will see the difference.
If someone is doing well, let's praise him for job well-done.

Then you don't know him. He is
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Olaone1: 1:22pm On May 20, 2013
Eko Oyo Ile, are you on holiday?
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by debosky(m): 1:46pm On May 20, 2013
We need to stop building shops, shops and more shops - there must be a better, more coherent developmental vision than merely building more shops and distributing buses every couple of years.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Olaone1: 1:57pm On May 20, 2013
debosky: We need to stop building shops, shops and more shops - there must be a better developmental vision than merely building more shops and distributing buses every couple of years.
Thank you jare. Django even mentioned KFC and a certain Cinema house as encouraging pointers.

And when you see what they call "ultra-modern" shops, you will cringe.

As in REALLY shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by kolnel: 2:01pm On May 20, 2013
Ise rere ko duro. Ina apa ni ko si mo. translation.
Good work has not stopped only wasteful spending has stopped.
Folks who are condemning this governor must either be blind or can't differentiate between gud and bad.
Take a trip from challenge to iwo road all you see is developments.
Only problem is ajimobi has refused to put money in peoples pocket hence the bad mouth.
This govt has come to stay we should get used to developments and not mere propagandas.
Ise rere ko duro .
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Olaone1: 2:07pm On May 20, 2013
double post
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Olaone1: 2:09pm On May 20, 2013
debosky: We need to stop building shops, shops and more shops - there must be a better developmental vision than merely building more shops and distributing buses every couple of years.

He created his own Ajumose Shuttle (buses) in a State with an existing one, TCTC. He is self-serving. They all are. A visit to any Ministry in the State will reveal a lot about our politicians.

Take the Ministry of Environment as an example.

A table might have "Ministry of Environment" engraved on it. The chair next to it might have "Ministry of Environment and Sanitation." The ceiling fan above might be inscribed with "Ministry of Environment and Forestation."

Ajimobi also created his own. It is called "Ministry of Environment and Habitat."

As 'progressives', one would expect them to believe in continuity instead of self-evident glory.

Me-me-me mentality. Vanity!

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by TriPorth: 2:21pm On May 20, 2013
Ola one:

He created his own Ajumose Shuttle (buses) in a State with an existing one, TCTC. He is self-serving. They all are. A visit to any Ministry in the State will reveal a lot about our politicians.

Take the Ministry of Environment as an example.

A table might have "Ministry of Environment" engraved on it. The chair next to it might have "Ministry of Environment and Sanitation." The ceiling fan above might be inscribed with "Ministry of Environment and Forestation."

Ajimobi also created his own. It is called "Ministry of Environment and Habitat."

As 'progressives', one would expect them to believe in continuity instead of self-evident glory.

Me-me-me mentality. Vanity!
You beat me to this guy. Where is your TCTC all these years. On leave or holiday? You had better know what you want to say in truth before saying anything.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by debosky(m): 2:21pm On May 20, 2013
This creation of bus services named after the governor is a particularly annoying waste of funds.

No coherent planning or vision, but mostly an attempt to give the current leader visibility. Why not embark on enduring schemes instead?

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Olaone1: 2:25pm On May 20, 2013
debosky: This creation of bus services named after the governor is a particularly annoying waste of funds.

No coherent planning or vision, but mostly an attempt to give the current leader visibility. Why not embark on enduring schemes instead?

Even his tricycles are called Keke Ajumose. Everything is Ajumose. What a fu*king numpty he is. A worthless oik!

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Olaone1: 2:36pm On May 20, 2013
TriPorth: You beat me to this guy. Where is your TCTC all these years. On leave or holiday? You had better know what you want to say in truth before saying anything.
Okay, No insults, please. New era on Nairaland! wink
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 20, 2013
Ola one:

Even his tricycles are called Keke Ajumose. Everything is Ajumose. What a fu*king numpty he is. A worthless oik!

If that one bothered you what of the akala regime? The taxis he launched that didn't survive one month and with a big picture of him on all the cabs?

I really don't get why they name everything after themselves anyway! Hopefully he won't name the roundabout bridge after himself!

No matter how you dice it though, this present admin is far far better than the past admins and even some present admins in this same country!

Those private sector businesses I mentioned is just to show people that things are actually getting better with international brands opening up everywhere! This is not the level we should be but we're getting there, if he maintains this direction believe me in 7 years time, ibadan will be among the best places to be in africa!

I'm hoping the federal government will come through with LAG-IB fast rail soon, then is when the real growth will begin!

Nigeria can work

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by tomakint: 2:46pm On May 20, 2013
In all fairness to Ajimobi, he is really doing his best to give Ibadan a facelift which is really jelling! Ibadan from the onset was badly planned, however, with Ajimobi's giant strides he had laid the foundation for future 'working Ibadan'! Alao Akala is the worst thing that happened to Oyo State and his era is firmly regretted by many! Ajimobi should spread his developmental projects to the suburbs too.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Olaone1: 2:53pm On May 20, 2013
django1:

If that one bothered you what of the akala regime? The taxis he launched that didn't survive one month and with a big picture of him on all the cabs?

I really don't get why they name everything after themselves anyway! Hopefully he won't name the roundabout bridge after himself!

No matter how you dice it though, this present admin is far far better than the past admins and even some present admins in this same country!

Those private sector businesses I mentioned is just to show people that things are actually getting better with international brands opening up everywhere! This is not the level we should be but we're getting there, if he maintains this direction believe me in 7 years time, ibadan will be among the best places to be in africa!

I'm hoping the federal government will come through with LAG-IB fast rail soon, then is when the real growth will begin!

Nigeria can work
He's okay, you're right. But, he isn't the best thing since sliced bread.
As for Akala, he's a goner and a known dumbo!

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by emiye(m): 3:10pm On May 20, 2013
debosky: We need to stop building shops, shops and more shops - there must be a better, more coherent developmental vision than merely building more shops and distributing buses every couple of years.

What if the building of shops is part of the "developmental vision?

The govt. has displaced many plying their trade at illegal places that create an eye sore to the state, and magnanimously plan for them to be relocated. The shops are not the typical run of the mill shops not planned, i have seen the one built at scout camp,challenge due to be commissioned in a forthnight and evidently it was well planned.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by emiye(m): 3:12pm On May 20, 2013
The output from Ajimobi's administration in the next 12 months will surpass his last 24 months.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 20, 2013
tomakint: In all fairness to Ajimobi, he is really doing his best to give Ibadan a facelift which is really jelling! Ibadan from the onset was badly planned, however, with Ajimobi's giant strides he had laid the foundation for future 'working Ibadan'! Alao Akala is the worst thing that happened to Oyo State and his era is firmly regretted by many! Ajimobi should spread his developmental projects to the suburbs too.

I get what you're trying to say here, but ibadan is too big to be generically categorized as not planned, there are well planned areas too, like the Agodi GRA, samanda aerodrome, owode gra, jericho, eleyele and so on, but people always judge the city with pre-colonial places like beere, oke aare and the rest, which honestly I doubt if anyone can do anything about!

Apart from abuja, lagos island and bonny island, I doubt if you'll find a whole city with a complete master plan in nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by emiye(m): 3:15pm On May 20, 2013
debosky: This creation of bus services named after the governor is a particularly annoying waste of funds.

The Governors name is Abiola Ajimobi. Ajumose is simply a political coinage for the state, as we have Eko oni baje by the Fashola's administration.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by jeffizy(m): 3:20pm On May 20, 2013
solomon111: Shops that would be priced beyond the reach of the poor.
Mscheww.
Tell us something else.
We should wait till then.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Jilo83(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2013
KnowAll: [size=18pt]Is Oyo State Ibadan Ibadan is just about 1/5 of Oyo State, what has the Governor done in Shaki, Iseyin, Ogbomosho or Oyo Town nothing. Does the Governor think Ibadan votes alone can make him win Oyo State[/size] !!!!!!!!!!! undecided
Ibadan is 75% of oyo state in term of population. Nevertheless performance of d gov is visible in all local govts and communities. Health, education, transportation, youth employments, security etc although Ibadan is experiencing massive infrastructural development bc its d capital and need special attention(once dirtiest city in d world).
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by anonimi: 3:49pm On May 20, 2013

No coherent planning or vision, but mostly an attempt to give the current leader visibility.

That is what can be called Touch & Go politics.
Quick Impact & Quick Fading projects. One thing that is always missing is the cost of these shiny projects. Let's not forget the debt profile for which the wives of the Oyo legislators were taken to the UK for training to make easy passage of bond raising bills.
These debts will be paid by future generations of unborn Oyo state residents taxes.
No wonder Ajimobi's administration said they will not adopt the Freedom of Information (FoI) Act.

https://www.nairaland.com/1258909/ajimobi-disowns-freedom-information-foi

Why not embark on enduring schemes instead?

Such as education, education and even more education with particular emphasis on vocational schools and apprenticeship towards forming cooperatives for value creation, self-employment and employment generation. Developed countries have so much of this for technicians who are reliable to translate the engineers' visions into real products and structures.

What of pipeborne water? Urban feeder & rural roads to evacuate food products to agro-allied industries?

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by debosky(m): 3:49pm On May 20, 2013
emiye:

The Governors name is Abiola Ajimobi. Ajumose is simply a political coinage for the state, as we have Eko oni baje by the Fashola's administration.

I am aware of his name, however Ajumose is not simply political coinage for the state, it is closely linked to the governor's identity.

Eko Oni Baje is not synonymous with Fashola, but rather with Lagos State. Besides, the BRT project for example was not named Eko Oni Baje, neither are other such projects being explicitly tagged in the same manner.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by anonimi: 3:52pm On May 20, 2013
kolnel: Only problem is ajimobi has refused to put money in peoples pocket hence the bad mouth.

This could mean adequate compensation is not being paid for demolished houses and shops.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 20, 2013
anonimi:

That is what can be called Touch & Go politics.
Quick Impact & Quick Fading projects. One thing that is always missing is the cost of these shiny projects. Let's not forget the debt profile for which the wives of the Oyo legislators were taken to the UK for training to make easy passage of bond raising bills.
These debts will be paid by future generations of unborn Oyo state residents taxes.
No wonder Ajimobi's administration said they will not adopt the Freedom of Information (FoI) Act.

https://www.nairaland.com/1258909/ajimobi-disowns-freedom-information-foi

Such as education, education and even more education with particular emphasis on vocational schools and apprenticeship towards forming cooperatives for value creation, self-employment and employment generation. Developed countries have so much of this for technicians who are reliable to translate the engineers' visions into real products and structures.

What of pipeborne water? Urban feeder & rural roads to evacuate food products to agro-allied industries?

Before you talk make a little research!

Google Oyo state college of agriculture, oyo state technical university (an Mou was signed with texas technical university some weeks ago in ibadan)

Stop saying things you have no knowlegde of as if you know everything! Most local govts council have their bore hole drilling engines that are used in planting bore holes in different areas of the inner city, pls always find out things first before opening you mouth!

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by emiye(m): 4:00pm On May 20, 2013
debosky:

I am aware of his name, however Ajumose is not simply political coinage for the state, it is closely linked to the governor's identity.

Eko Oni Baje is not synonymous with Fashola, but rather with Lagos State. Besides, the BRT project for example was not named Eko Oni Baje, neither are other such projects being explicitly tagged in the same manner.

Stop bothering about frivolities, Eko oni baje is closely linked to Fashola's identity ! fact.

Ajumose gbogbo wa ni (it is our collective responsibility) is simply a political coinage.

Is collective responsibility not the essence of democracy?

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by debosky(m): 4:08pm On May 20, 2013
emiye:
Stop bothering about frivolities, Eko oni baje is closely linked to Fashola's identity ! fact.

Please direct that advice at the governor - he is the one naming a public service Ajumose shuttle as a political gimmick.

Speaking of frivolities, it is instructive that you failed to engage with the substance of my post and instead chose to 'defend' the governor.

Do you have anything to say regarding the apparent lack of a coherent plan to create a long term, sustainable transportation system?

It's easy and quite commonplace to buy x number of buses and launch them with fanfare, but how does that address the transportation issues in the long term?
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by isuomo: 4:10pm On May 20, 2013
Ajumose has nothing to do with Ajimobi, Ajumose means our collective responsibility he is only trying to get people to see the re-birth of Oyo-State as our collective responsibility. And for those saying he is only developing Ibadan, it shows clearly you have not been to other parts of the state or you just want to deliberately tell a bare faced lie. The things I saw in Iseyin, Oyo and Ogbomoso can not be wished away so please visit the place and take pictures or quit lying guys.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 20, 2013
^^^^ bro, ajumose is a cue taken from ajimobi, its really not the best he can come up with!

Just like oyinlola and his oyin ni o brand! Its really vexing when politicians do that shyte!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose: EFCC Counsel, Prosecution Witness Disagree In Court / SURPRISE! Ihedioha Appoints Non-indigene As Imo SSG, Seriake Dickson Reacts / 2023 Presidency: Why Pro-Tinubu Elements Goofed On Osinbajo Betrayal Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.