Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan (13104 Views)

Photo Of Another Multi-billion Naira Complex In Abuja Seized By EFCC Authorities / Dangote To Construct Refinery And Petrochemical Complex In Ogun And Ondo / China CCECC To Begin Construction Of Ibaka Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 19, 2013
Miss becky: As in,ibadan is transforming,we are gradually getting dere,ib will regain its lost glory

I tell you!

Another KFC is opening soon in Bodija now, Golden Tulip hotel is opening in Monatan by june 6!

And some folks will say its only brown roofs that's in ibadan!

I can't wait for the malls to be fully opened!

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by eggheaders(m): 6:32pm On May 19, 2013
django1:

Am glad you current with ibadan! Did you notice the long buses too?

Construction of market is also happening in Alawo area, all those ibo boys have been chased away from the road side!

By the end of this man's tenure, ibadan will be competing with lagos!

I will be hitting Ibadan next week by God's grace, I will see all the new development and my fellow newspaper readers association at back of yidi gate will give me more gist. seriously ibadan got brains at there various newspaper stands, missing that place seriously.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by phantom(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2013
Miss becky: As in,ibadan is transforming,we are gradually getting dere,ib will regain its lost glory
kai i don miss your posts and your pretty face.will be in ibadan in october.what do you say we take 'this' out of nairaland?
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Gbawe: 6:42pm On May 19, 2013
django1:

I tell you!

Another KFC is opening soon in Bodija now, Golden Tulip hotel is opening in Monatan by june 6!

And some folks will say its only brown roofs that's in ibadan!

I can't wait for the malls to be fully opened!

My brother, let the best lead and progress is an assured no-brainer. Look at the intimidating CV of Ajimobi below. Would he have stood a chance under the PDP that would prefer for him to be serving Tokyo, bleaching Governor Alao-Akala and Adedibu tea and biscuits?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiola_Ajimobi

Professional career

He returned to Nigeria in 1977 and joined Management and Industrial Consulting firm as a Senior Consultant. He thereafter worked briefly with Modulor Group (an architectural firm) as the Finance and Admin Controller, before joining Nestle Foods PLC. as the Operations Controller and later as Marketing Controller. In 1979, he joined National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company as the Consumer Products Manager. He was the youngest Manager to occupy such a sensitive position.

His performance quickly earned him promotion to the level of Divisional Manager within one and a half years. Thus becoming the youngest Divisional Manager to be thus appointed.

He was later promoted to head a newly created Corporate Credit division reporting directly to the Managing director. As a top flyer in the company and based on his problem solving ability he was deployed to Ibadan Business District as the Area Manager to ensure the repositioning of the company's entire activities in the area. The Company and the district experienced landmark achievements in its modern retail network resulting. In 1987 he built the company’s first 3 in 1 and the largest petrol station retail outlet in Nigeria. The district office built during his tenure still stands out today in Jericho, Ibadan.

In 1987, based on a worldwide international strategic positioning of the lubricants business desired by Shell International Oil Company, he was appointed the Lubricants Manager. He successfully built a new Lubricant division which became the most profitable business of the company and the largest contributor to the corporate profit. Having completed the strategic repositioning of the Lubricants department, he was moved to manage another troubled business arm- the aviation department. By 1993, he had acquired broad exposure in virtually all the marketing arms of the company.

As part of the grooming programme he was posted on an international assignment to Shell International storage company of Togo, serving the whole of West Africa as Chief Executive. He also was the Operations Director of Shell Marketing Company in Togo covering some West African countries.
He returned to Nigeria in 1995 and was appointed in 1996 as Oil Sales Manager in 1998. He was appointed to the board of the company as Executive director- Marketing, a position he held before his appointment on February 2001, as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company. As Managing Director he substainally improved the profitability of the company and the shareholders fortune. In 2003, he voluntarily retired after 26 years of service in the Oil industry.
In his successful professional career spanning a period of over three decades, Abiola Ajimobi was quick witted and positively impacted on the businesses and people he interacted with.[4]
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 19, 2013
Wow! That's a great CV!

If PDP are to ever come back to OYO and SW in general, they can never try the nonsense they were doing before, the bar have now been set so high!
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 19, 2013
django1: Wow! That's a great CV!

If PDP are to ever come back to OYO and SW in general, they can never try the nonsense they were doing before, the bar have now been set so high!

They don't have a second chance to make a good first impression. The core ideology of PDP is looting, nothing more.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 19, 2013
phantom: kai i don miss your posts and your pretty face.will be in ibadan in october.what do you say we take 'this' out of nairaland?
awww....where in ib are u going to be
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by phantom(m): 7:11pm On May 19, 2013
Miss becky: awww....where in ib are u going to be
agodi gra most likely.coming for professional exams.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 19, 2013
phantom: agodi gra most likely.coming for professional exams.
do u know ib very well, i stay around d ringroad area... gudluck wit ur exams
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Chubhie: 7:29pm On May 19, 2013
eggheaders:

I will be hitting Ibadan next week by God's grace, I will see all the new development and my fellow newspaper readers association at back of yidi gate will give me more gist. seriously ibadan got brains at there various newspaper stands, missing that place seriously.
lol....I dont want to say something now and the progressives will come and say another.

All in all,Ajimose is working tho, he has his shortcomings.Due to the way he is doing his radical demolition guys are wary of investing in ibadan for now. feelers are waiting for him at the polls soonest to vent perceived anger. But i must say that if elections are conducted today that Ajimose is gonna loose.Couldn't believe the new look ibadan is wearing.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 19, 2013
Chubhie: lol....I dont want to say something now and the progressives will come and say another.

All in all,Ajimose is working tho, he has his shortcomings.Due to the way he is doing his radical demolition guys are wary of investing in ibadan for now. feelers are waiting for him at the polls soonest to vent perceived anger. But i must say that if elections are conducted today that Ajimose is gonna loose.Couldn't believe the new look ibadan is wearing.
who told u he is goin to loose,he is best gov in oyo state so far,out of dose who had deir shops demolished,some ave been given alternatives,it is a gradual thing
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 19, 2013
Chubhie: lol....I dont want to say something now and the progressives will come and say another.

who told u he is goin to loose,he is best gov in oyo state so far,out of dose who had deir shops demolished,some ave been given alternatives,it is a gradual thing...
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 19, 2013

Who would they vote for?

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by phantom(m): 7:50pm On May 19, 2013
Miss becky: do u know ib very well, i stay around d ringroad area... gudluck wit ur exams
not too well but its a cool place.the ring road is popular so finding it is not a problem.had to walk quite a distance to find coffee when last i was there(yemetu oja precisely).wasnt happy bout that.luckily i eat amala and ewedu very well so food wasnt quite an issue for me even though every other thing was scarce.ofada rice is something else.absolutely loved it.ibadan even with the brown rusty roofs is definitely a nice place.will try and reach you if i get in.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Chubhie: 7:50pm On May 19, 2013
Miss becky: who told u he is goin to loose,he is best gov in oyo state so far,out of dose who had deir shops demolished,some ave been given alternatives,it is a gradual thing
You may not understand the politics been played out bout the alternative shops. I know people who it took donkey years to build business from scratch who got there business place demolished millions lost. some took him to court but Ajimose no send them. bout the alternatives at NITEL, you need to first understand the politics been played out there first.

I have vested interest here and am telling you what Ajimose is doing is not good for business this very period.I want the progressives to do the mistake of selling propaganda here before calling em out and setting the records straight.

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 19, 2013
Chubhie: You may not understand the politics been played out bout the alternative shops. I know people who it took donkey years to build business from scratch who got there business place demolished millions lost. some took him to court but Ajimose no send them. bout the alternatives at NITEL, you need to first understand the politics been played out there first.

I have vested interest here and am telling you what Ajimose is doing is not good for business this very period.I want the progressives to do the mistake of selling propaganda here before calling em out and setting the records straight.

Seriously, who is he going to lose to? Ladoja?

Do you know that most people except some of those affected by road expansion were actually encroaching on the road and are illegally occupying the land they had their shops on?

Most of them will have their shops inside the market but will still come to the road to sell their wares, dt madness had to stop sometime, and am glad it is finally giving way!

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 19, 2013
phantom: not too well but its a cool place.the ring road is popular so finding it is not a problem.had to walk quite a distance to find coffee when last i was there(yemetu oja precisely).wasnt happy bout that.luckily i eat amala and ewedu very well so food wasnt quite an issue for me even though every other thing was scarce.ofada rice is something else.absolutely loved it.ibadan even with the brown rusty roofs is definitely a nice place.will try and reach you if i get in.
okay dearie,take care
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 19, 2013
Chubhie: You may not understand the politics been played out bout the alternative shops. I know people who it took donkey years to build business from scratch who got there business place demolished millions lost. some took him to court but Ajimose no send them. bout the alternatives at NITEL, you need to first understand the politics been played out there first.

u cant still deny d good works d man is doing,it is a gradual thing,d man stll has time to prove himself
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by phantom(m): 8:02pm On May 19, 2013
Miss becky: okay dearie,take care
yeah you too.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Chubhie: 8:14pm On May 19, 2013
django1:

Seriously, who is he going to lose to? Ladoja?

Do you know that most people except some of those affected by road expansion were actually encroaching on the road and are illegally occupying the land they had their shops on?

Most of them will have their shops inside the market but will still come to the road to sell their wares, dt madness had to stop sometime, and am glad it is finally giving way!
Do you know that there are some parts he demolished shops which where all considered safe and not encroaching on the main road only to turn it to a park for his buses? some other parts he demolished only for yess o to erect shops there? some others he demolished only to allow motor park touts and okada to take over the place at the expense of people who had real business. bout losing or not let him conduct local govt elections first and see.

I have nothing personal against him and mine interests are safe but i have friends and men who he rendered weak in heart due to this. some brought shops with over ten million and the shop gets demolished few months after. his next action now after this is peoples homes. if you understand how some people built houses in ibadan you will know people are gonna cry the more.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by EkoAtlantic: 7:13am On May 20, 2013
Well done Ajumobi
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Gbawe: 9:11am On May 20, 2013
django1: Wow! That's a great CV!

Check out Fayemi's CV also. If not that Nigerians are too sentimental, happy to bask in the ignorant hatred of others and into sectional bias, it would be obvious,beyond all its fault, that what the ACN is doing is laudable and should be copied by all regions. Play politics to your hearts content but let it be those with a history of solution provision, innovative thinking and tranformational minds who lead. Very simple notion but very, very important also. I swear to you, this is what is delivering the progress the likes of Botswana and Ghana are making that everyone is crooning about.

In those nations, it is not possible to get a GEJ type, with nil history of heading anything or excelling anywhere, becoming President. It would not be possible for a fuel subsidy scammer, flush with stolen funds, to say he wants to be Governor. You cannot have an illiterate like Adedibu lording it over Professors and technocrats who are masters of their craft. Anyway, I cannot and will not speak for others but I am just happy bright and talented men are now in charge in the SW. If like replace like, then the progress of the region is assured. The part in red below indicates why Fayemi is one of the most prominent brains behind SW regional integration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayode_Fayemi

Academic and political initiatives

Kayode Fayemi is a former Director of the Centre for Democracy & Development, a research and training institution dedicated to the study and promotion of democratic development, peace-building and human security in Africa. Prior to his establishment of the Centre, he worked as a lecturer, journalist, researcher and Strategy Development adviser in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. He was Strategy Development Adviser at London’s City Challenge; research fellow at the African Research & Information Bureau in London, UK, reporter with the newspapers, The Guardian and City Tempo, editor of the political monthly, Nigeria-Now, management consultant at Development and Management Consultants and lecturer at the Police College in Sokoto, Nigeria.

As a prominent leader of the Nigerian opposition to military rule in exile, he was responsible for the founding and management of the opposition radios – Radio Freedom, Radio Democracy International & Radio Kudirat and played a central role in the opposition’s diplomatic engagements in exile. An account of the process and roles played in the setting up of Radio Kudirat may be found in Fayemi's book Out Of The Shadows.

Amongst his numerous academic and public policy engagements at home and abroad, Kayode Fayemi has lectured in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia. He has also served as an adviser on transitional justice, regional integration, constitutionalism, security sector reform and civil-military relations issues to various governments, inter-governmental institutions and development agencies. He was the main technical adviser to Nigeria’s Human Rights Violations Investigation Commission (Oputa Panel), which investigated past abuses and currently serves on the Presidential Implementation Committees on Security Sector Reform, NEPAD and the Millennium Development Goals.

He was technical expert to the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) on small arms and light weapons and United Nations Economic Commission of Africa on governance issues. He is also a member, Africa Policy Advisory Panel of the British Government. At other times he has served as a consultant to the OECD on Security Sector Reform and chaired the Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative’s Committee of Experts on developing guiding principles and mechanisms of constitution making in Commonwealth Africa.

Kayode Fayemi is a Fellow of the Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Ibadan, Adjunct Professor of Security Studies at the African Centre for Strategic Studies, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C., USA. He was also a Visiting Professor in the African Studies Programme at Northwestern University, Evanston, USA in 2004. Dr Fayemi serves on numerous Boards including the Governing Board of the Open Society Justice Institute, Baobab for Women’s Human Rights, African Security Sector Network, and on the Advisory Board of the Global Facilitation Network on Security Sector Reform and on the Management Culture Board of the ECOWAS Secretariat.
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 9:33am On May 20, 2013
i am not a supporter or fan of acn but the truth has to be said ,ajimobi has really tried in ibadan,the last time i visited my town i was happy with the pace of developmental projects BUT STILL WHETHER ACN LIKES IT OR NOT PDP IS WINING BACK OYO STATE COME 2015
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by emiye(m): 9:46am On May 20, 2013
onatisi: i am not a supporter or fan of acn but the truth has to be said ,ajimobi has really tried in ibadan,the last time i visited my town i was happy with the pace of developmental projects BUT STILL WHETHER ACN LIKES IT OR NOT PDP IS WINING BACK OYO STATE COME 2015
you are one of the biggest problems of Nigeria, your shallow mind places party ahead performance. The PDP 8 years was absolute failure in Oyo state, and a governor comes in under 2 years to bring development and the next thing you scream is PDP must take over in 2015. Are you not ashamed of yourself? You are a failure to your future generation, you hate sustainable development and belong to the wastebin.

10 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 9:53am On May 20, 2013
emiye:
you are one of the biggest problems of Nigeria, your shallow mind places party ahead performance. The PDP 8 years was absolute failure in Oyo state, and a governor comes in under 2 years to bring development and the next thing you scream is PDP must take over in 2015. Are you not ashamed of yourself? You are a failure to your future generation, you hate sustainable development and belong to the wastebin.
typical acn mentality,so becaause i said ajimobi is doing well that means i must support ur party abi?u guys just need to wake up,all this thuggery attitude of urs wil not win u oyo state come 2015,

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Afam4eva(m): 10:03am On May 20, 2013
Pls can anyone provide pictures of these development that you guyz are commending so that we commend too. Why is it soo hard to take pictures. Is Ibadan allergic to pictures?

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by RealSleek(m): 10:11am On May 20, 2013
solomon111: what facilities have been put in place by the state govt to reduce poverty?

Wat ve u done to reduce ur own poverty??

1 Like

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by RedReact: 10:11am On May 20, 2013

I don't think the man is that "second-term drunk" as Oyapa empty-headed Mr Sooyoyo was in hos reign of callumny.
If he is not voted in next time, he has lain a standard for proper and effective administration. If Late Lam and other governors had started what he is doing today, we won't be where we are right now. Change, sometimes, brings pains but it's for a future gain. Compare security issues in Ibadan now with the previous tenures. Patrol vehicles move in remotest areas you would not think of at night.
Many people felt the pains of the demolitions, but the blame can be lain on negligencw of the laid-down plans. If right-doing gets shoved down, wrong-doing takes over, and if that same wrong-doing continues for many years, it looks.like the right action in our eyes.
Imagine Agodi Gate demolition that occurred early this year. It looked as if the government were wicked and lacked human feelings, but it's not. Far back in 1991 to mid-93, it wasn't like that at the area. 20 years after, the original plan was restored; brought about by demolition of structures illegaly built or erected. How would it look like to an ordinary person?
If he isn't re-elected, he has laid a foundation for administrative competence and visionary leadership for any government to follow. In fact, his successors would be running on how to do much more because people will see the difference.
If someone is doing well, let's praise him for job well-done.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by raphead: 10:18am On May 20, 2013
onatisi:
typical acn mentality,so becaause i said ajimobi is doing well that means i must support ur party abi?u guys just need to wake up,all this thuggery attitude of urs wil not win u oyo state come 2015,

I doff my hat for mediocrity at it finest.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 10:18am On May 20, 2013
Chubhie: Do you know that there are some parts he demolished shops which where all considered safe and not encroaching on the main road only to turn it to a park for his buses? some other parts he demolished only for yess o to erect shops there? some others he demolished only to allow motor park touts and okada to take over the place at the expense of people who had real business. bout losing or not let him conduct local govt elections first and see.

I have nothing personal against him and mine interests are safe but i have friends and men who he rendered weak in heart due to this. some brought shops with over ten million and the shop gets demolished few months after. his next action now after this is peoples homes. if you understand how some people built houses in ibadan you will know people are gonna cry the more.
hello my guy are u in ibadan now?long time
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 10:20am On May 20, 2013
raphead:

I doff my hat for mediocrity at it finest.
thanks for the compliment,just start packing ur things
Re: Oyo, Wemabod Begin Construction Of 4,000-shop Complex In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:21am On May 20, 2013
onatisi:
thanks for the compliment,just start packing ur things

Who'll be the PDP aspirant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tax: Nigeria’s New Oil? / Gbajabiamila Receives Bill Gates Foundation’s Leadership In Abuja (photos) / Senator Utazi Declines Senate Return, Supports Ugwuanyi's Senatorial Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.