Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan (25802 Views)

APC Now Riding On Jonathan’s Legacies. Pictures. / Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating / Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by mkoabiola: 11:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Crap,
3yrs to 8yrs.
With distraction frm selfish northerners.
Crap.

5 Likes

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Blessmira: 11:14am On Oct 08, 2013
This space is 4 sale! It goes 2 d highest bider. Oya, where ar d
Importers, Exporters, Reporters, Teleporters, Deporters in Nairaland?cheesy
Goin! Goin!! ..... cheesy
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by taiocol: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2013
repeat after me
He's my legacy, son I'm a hard
work
Future of my past, he'll explain
who I be
Rank me among the greats,
either 1, 2 or 3
If I ain't number one then I failed
you victory
*justsinging#

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by fastguy10: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2013
@OP I dnt blame u bt I blame GEJ 4 tolerating nonsense from Nigerians if It was OBJ regime will u post ds rubbish

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by alaoeri: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2013
If GEJ remains in power for the next 100years, he won't achieve 1/3 of what OBJ achieved. What a trainee president.

4 Likes

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by JuanDeDios: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nonsense! You'r comparing legacies of someone who is just 3 years in office with one that completed 8 years? You'r confused.
A year should be enough to set clear directions and leave some noticeable legacies. You people need to stop being so defensive.

chukwudi44: GEJ privatisation of the power sector alone will rubbish everything Obasanjo achieved throughout his tenure
That is possible.

gazilion:

I believe president Jonathan is being distracted so much by these selfish governors and political jobbers. If he could be more courageous and assertive, I believe he'll achieve a lot in the long run.
Right. In fairness to Jonathan he has had a lot of distractions. I think his good legacy will be power - if carried through. Industrialisation seems to be making headway and will only improve if power improves. Some will also mention agriculture but I will suspend judgement on that since I have not personally seen home grown rice or cassava bread except on TV.

His bad legacy will be corruption which got worse under his tenure.

3 Likes

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by donphilopus: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2013
The only reason why I believe OBJ more than GEJ is that he was still able to secure the country a little despite some few challanges but when it comes to stealing, they're all the same
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 08, 2013
coogar:

this bit already tells me you are perhaps a stark illiterate. OBJ introduced what? so are you going to commend IBB for introducing satellite TV in nigeria or shagari for introducing video machines?

arrant nonsense!
Brother take am easy with those m0rons. May be he can even credit GEJ as "introducer" of Facebook to Nigeria. Muchechechechechecheeeee, laughing in microsoft.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by donphilopus: 11:17am On Oct 08, 2013
Let Engr Musiwa state his point of view, he might speak reasonably this time
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by iknopro(m): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2013
OBJ is far more better than GEJ, but come †☀ think of it, if anything should happen †☀ GEJ govt now dat means he will have nothing †☀ show for it. OBJ got everything for us, but GEJ has nothing †☀ show, so pls OP do not compare them pls. But still vote Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu for President come 2015. He is d man dat will lead us well. OUK 2015 YES WE CAN
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by sharpman1(m): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2013
Obasanjo's most important legacy after the GSM revolution is the Pensions Reform.

He removed the administration of pension from the hands of the Government and placed the management with the more efficient private sector.

Now GEJ wants to mess up the whole arrangement by amending the act so that the Goverment can deep their hands into the pension funds for infrastructure development. That was the Government can borrow money from the pension funds and steal. Now that's GEJ's legacy.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by XVIER(m): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2013
how can you compare OBJ to GEJ? abeggii even if all GEJ generation be president after one another them no fit do half of watin OBJ don do. thank you op.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by abokinside: 11:19am On Oct 08, 2013
Gej has spent more than four years in charge as commander in cheif. Let me say that when Obj to over Nigeria was at the verge oftotal collapse, economically,democratically and very ccomatos iinfrastructure. What was handed over to Gej.a debtless country, with over 60b dollars foreign reserve and 22b dollars excess crude account plus a lot of ongoing reforms. Four years after Gej took over. What do we have virtually empty excess crude, foriegn reserve depleted badly yet individual account abroad keep bolstering.

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by kolamilan(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2013
obj anytime any day because during time of baba, there was noting like boko.........
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Jensenelizz(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2013
awodman: 1) The power reforms of GEJ will dwarf any legacy OBJ left behind

2) Our mass transit systems viz rail, roads, ports and airports will also be another legacy

3) Demystification of Governance and all the secrecy associated with it

4) The reforms in agriculture will also be another legacy
my nigga abeg how many years u tink say im get to do all of d above!
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by ubongutioh(m): 11:21am On Oct 08, 2013
OBJ stole 16billion dollars meant for revamping the power sector. Maybe that's a legacy. With his enormous experience in power, he left Nigeria in the hands of Boko Haram.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by frankgreat(m): 11:21am On Oct 08, 2013
coolsalm: For Me ℓ'Đ say the achievements of GEJ are yet to be seen as he is a Leader appointed by GOD!
which God? hope its not the same God I serve o, because my God is not slow to show achievement...
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by creativemusic: 11:21am On Oct 08, 2013
is there any difference? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by olakintanj(m): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2013
I strongly believe that Jonathan we have more woes as legacy than any positive achievement. Am speaking without sentiment and with all sense of responsibility.
1. For the removal of subsidy
2. For the long ASUU strike
3. For dividing PDP into 2 factions
4. For Doctors Strike
5. For toying with the Power sector in the name of privatization
6. For His inability to curb the operation of Boko Haram
7. For the embargo United Kingdom place on Nigeria in the name of paying £3000, to ascertain your entry into UK
8. For his role in Rivers State anarchy
9. For his power roadmap which much was spent on, but could not see the light of the day, etc

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Jensenelizz(m): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2013
fast guy 10: @OP I dnt blame u bt I blame GEJ 4 tolerating nonsense from Nigerians if It was OBJ regime will u post ds rubbish
shey obasanjo won log in to nairaland abi u no get brain

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by premlove(m): 11:24am On Oct 08, 2013
Rivitalising the rail way and remoderning of various airport aswell as reconstruting another bridge across river niger: this three are mile stone and what really affect the common man but that not withstanding that obasanjo does not have is own legacy that he will be remember for such as the GSM others are WHITE PAPER agreement

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Cubeet: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2013
Lil chilz: Lekan was in the house watching b.lue f.ilm
yesterday day night when his pastor friend
came visiting.
Immediately he entered, he shouted;
"brother lekan why are.. You doing this to
your selfl? Why are you watching corrupt movies? Oh
no! This is bad!" As he was
shouting he increased the volume of the
film why the girl in the movie started
shouting
"OoJesus! Take it easy!" The man in the movie: "Ohhhh my God. Give it to me harder!
Immediately the pastor looked at Lekan and
said: "Brother lekan, the only reason I will
pardon you is because the people in the
movie are born-again.
The way they call the name of Jesus makes me
love
them. Anyway let's watch it
together...... PLEASE SHIFT FOR ME JOOOR
DRY LIKE DESERT
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by badmeat(m): 11:26am On Oct 08, 2013
SMH,make una allow GEJ finish him tenure na!haba,
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by livinbygrace: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2013
chukwudi44: GEJ privatisation of the power sector alone will rubbish everything Obasanjo achieved throughout his tenure

Really?You must be living in another planet,maybe Mars.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by ayodeji752: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2013
awodman: 1) The power reforms of GEJ will dwarf any legacy OBJ left behind

2) Our mass transit systems viz rail, roads, ports and airports will also be another legacy

3) Demystification of Governance and all the secrecy associated with it

4) The reforms in agriculture will also be another legacy
u forgot to write free and fair election
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by gazilion: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2013
coogar:

this bit already tells me you are perhaps a stark illiterate. OBJ introduced what? so are you going to commend IBB for introducing satellite TV in nigeria or shagari for introducing video machines?

arrant nonsense!

And how did Satelllite TV or Video machines create jobs or improved the life of the common man in Nigeria. I experienced poverty and never had to use satellite or video machines beside other reasons. However, the liberalization of the telecoms industry in Nigeria (which broke NITELS monopoly) created numerous employment opportunities for our graduates, gave them a social status and allowed struggling families to own mobile handsets.

If you are now comparing the GSM revolution achievement with satellite TV or video machines - I'll leave the world to judge who the stark illiterate is!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by awodman: 11:32am On Oct 08, 2013
Jensen_elizz: my nigga abeg how many years u tink say im get to do all of d above!
If you follow the news you will know that all this is already happening..its just a matter of reaching the final destination and that too will happen in no distant time
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by danot1030: 11:33am On Oct 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nonsense! You'r comparing legacies of someone who is just 3 years in office with one that completed 8 years? You'r confused.
hmm, 3years degredation, evry legacy left by d past admin. going down in recklessness.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by afdynamic(m): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2013
ifihearam: I do not think there is any basis of comparison,obj wasted 8 years in office CANNOT be compared to what his excellency has achieved in the past 3 years.

mtchew.......
see wetin dis one post. U no get brain?

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by infoscope(m): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2013
Who is talking about legacies when GEJ is yet to complete his term. You talk about legacies when he has left.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 08, 2013
bloggernaija: Debts and total financial collapse. it is better if he does not build anything. However putting future generation back into debt with nothing to show for is a magnitude 10 earthquake .

I think you should tell Fashola this stuff.. The last time i checked Lagos was oweing billions of naira

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty / Rivers LG Crisis: Fubara Convenes Security Council Meeting, Briefs The Press / List Of Nigerian States By Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.