Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan (25651 Views)

APC Now Riding On Jonathan’s Legacies. Pictures. / Lagos: All The Legacies Of Fashola Are Fast Deteriorating / Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Youpele52: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nice post but to add to comparison, you put to consideration the environmental factors making easy or hard for government to rule a nation.
One has got Boko Haram inhibiting his polity
One has got more haters than ever, even from his own family.
One is from a major tribe the other not.
Both did hurt Nigeria with fuel subsidy removal
The former rule with more of a military style than civil, if you remember how OBJ handle the matter of Odi LGA and that of Odioma town both of Bayelsa State.
The latter is more democratic/diplomatic in his dealing with terror (though perceived as weakness to some). If GEJ was OBJ, Borno State, Kaduna and all Boko Haram state would have been flat by now.
How many politicians have insulted the GEJ in an attempt to rubbish his government, really democratic, if OBJ was in sit all of em will be scared to kiss their family goodbye cos the Police, EFCC etc will come haunting you.
Meanwhile you can't compare 3years to 8years. It's absurdly ridiculous.
We have freedom of journalism honoured more in GEJ regime than OBJ. Ask a journalist working in any of the newspapers/TV Stations they'll tell you what they can't write about and where they're limited not to cross.
GEJ rang the closing bell in NYSE, you might wanna go research what it takes for a president of any nation to go there and ring that bell. OBJ requested that he should but was turned down. Then Nigeria wasn't economically stable or booming enough and investors friends enough, as those are few of the requirements.
OBJ will be forever remembered for Telecommunication industry
GEJ will be forever remembered for Electricity Industry, & more.

Electricity vs Telecommunication
You tell me wish is more important.

Nigeria economy is more booming & diversify in GEJ regime than OBJ's.

First time ever Nigeria has 20 persons (still counting) in 55 wealthiest people on Africa.
Dangote was rich, but only in GEJ regime did he climbed so high in the Forbes list of the wealthiest. Dangote when he went to Kenya, he thanked GEJ for the conducive business environment.

How was the national team at OBJ tenure? Hopeless, even Olamide in Ghost mode said "some rappers dey like Naija them no dey reach finals". But hey GEJ regime we won African Cup of Nations, for more than 10years we haven't reached finals.

Check out the booming entertainment industry now. Its more profitable than it was in OBJ's regime.
See how rich musicians have become over the years from music. Some years ago if you tell your mom that you want to do music, you're seen like a mad man. It's hard to make a mil from music way back then.

I won't say GEJ is the best so far, Yaradua would've been the best democratic president had he not died.

I don't hate OBJ whatsoever, I rather hate to see unhealthy comparison.

OBJ has been in the system of Nigerian politics and leadership long before he became president. GEJ is like a learner before OBJ in that regard. OBJ is more experienced.

I'll end with this, like it or not, OBJ built the foundation on which GEJ is building today.
OBJ raised the bar, any president ruling now or will rule in the future has some catching up to do, before he can talk about going further than OBJ. That's why till 2020, we'll still compare the present president with OBJ.

GEJ has got some work to do. If electricity supply becomes steady in all parts of the nation, GEJ has got nothing to worry about to work extra miles, he has done what for the passed 53years or more no head of state, prime minister or president has done.

Pen Down.

4 Likes

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Youpele52: 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
gazilion: I just discussed with two of my colleagues during lunch today on President Jonathan's legacy or would be legacy after leaving office. Comparing him with our ex-president OBJ, I did point out 6 things that would remain a legacy and which positively impacted on the lives of virtually all average Nigerian families. I understand OBJ spent 8 years in office but with Jonathan's first term, any hope he'll surpass the legacies below?

Firstly, Obasanjo introduced and liberalised the use of the GSM. Prior to this, telephone - whether land or mobile was almost exclusively for the rich.

Secondly, it was under the Obasanjo leadership that Nigeria's debt got written off in the Paris Club.

Thirdly, it was Obasanjo who bravely retired all Military men in the Nigerian Army who had tasted or held any political office.

Fourthly, it was also under his leadership that the Nigerian banking institution got brilliant reformations (although with some lapses) - This reformation stopped the total collapse of the financial institution in Nigeria during global financial melt down.

Fifthly, under OBJ Prof. Dora Akunyili of NAFDAC brought back in Nigeria the integrity of pharmaceutical drugs and fought vehemently without ethnic colouration, the barons importing fake drugs in Nigeria.

Finally, the fight against corruption under OBJ's leadership did have some bite. Whether it was used in hunting political opponents or not...it did have some bite and we are all witnesses that since the exit of Mallam Ribadu, the anti-corruption institution has virtually lost her voice and temerity.

I'm just thinking aloud, what will president Jonathan's Legacy be?

Please, let's discuss with a sense of decorum without insulting one another including calling our leaders Obscene names.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Sajio(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
abatajjvii: i guess GEJ should be able to reform Bayelsa

but trying to compare the two i tell you its incomparable that is just it

if GEJ will perform we would have seen it

distraction or no distraction is not an excuse for GEJ not to perform

OBJ also face such but he knew how to handle it for him to achieve what he wants to achieve

am still coming back

bicycle man carry move on
wished you know the billions spent on Boko haram Alone....... U wouldn't have called it a minor distraction!
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Bobby4090: 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
chukwudi44: GEJ privatisation of the power sector alone will rubbish everything Obasanjo achieved throughout his tenure

Okay...because your uncle is one of the money bags that bought some of the power stations shebi?

eedioott!!!
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Ozonna(m): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Youpele52: Nice post but to add to comparison, you put to consideration the environmental factors making easy or hard for government to rule a nation.
The former rule with more of a military style than civil, if you remember how OBJ handle the matter of Odi LGA and that of Odioma town both of Bayelsa State.
The latter is more democratic/diplomatic in his dealing with terror (though perceived as weakness to some). If GEJ was OBJ, Borno State, Kaduna and all Boko Haram state would have been flat by now.
How many politicians have insulted the GEJ in an attempt to rubbish his government, really democratic, if OBJ was in sit all of em will be scared to kiss their family goodbye cos the Police, EFCC etc will come haunting you.
We have freedom of journalism honoured more in GEJ regime than OBJ. Ask a journalist working in any of the newspapers/TV Stations they'll tell you what they can't write about and where they're limited not to cross.
GEJ rang the closing bell in NYSE, you might wanna go research what it takes for a president of any nation to go there and ring that bell. OBJ requested that he should but was turned down. Then Nigeria wasn't economically stable or booming enough and investors friends enough, as those are few of the requirements.

First time ever Nigeria has 20 persons (still counting) in 55 wealthiest people on Africa.
Dangote was rich, but only in GEJ regime did he climbed so high in the Forbes list of the wealthiest. Dangote when he went to Kenya, he thanked GEJ for the conducive business environment.

How was the national team at OBJ tenure? Hopeless, even Olamide in Ghost mode said "some rappers dey like Naija them no dey reach finals". But hey GEJ regime we won African Cup of Nations, for more than 10years we haven't reached finals.

Check out the booming entertainment industry now. Its more profitable than it was in OBJ's regime.
See how rich musicians have become over the years from music. Some years ago if you tell your mom that you want to do music, you're seen like a mad man. It's hard to make a mil from music way back then.

I won't say GEJ is the best so far, Yaradua would've been the best democratic president had he not died.

OBJ has been in the system of Nigerian politics and leadership long before he became president. GEJ is like a learner before OBJ in that regard. OBJ is more experienced.

I'll end with this, like it or not, OBJ built the foundation on which GEJ is building today.
OBJ raised the bar, any president ruling now or will rule in the future has some catching up to do, before he can talk about going further than OBJ. That's why till 2020, we'll still compare the present president with OBJ.

GEJ has got some work to do. If electricity supply becomes steady in all parts of the nation, GEJ has got nothing to worry about to work extra miles, he has done what for the passed 53years or more no head of state, prime minister or president has done.

Pen Down.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Okijajuju1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
Obasanjo - Started the Privatisation campaign..
Jonathan - Perfected the Privatisation campaign..

Obansanjo - Started the disbanding of PHCN and the Electricity reform.
Jonathan - Continued the Programme and actualized it.. PHCN is officially Dead and their assets have all been sold out to private investors.

Obasanjo - Used military force to wipe out Odi during the crisis..
Jonathan - Used diplomacy to settle the Militants..

Obasanjo - Organized one of the most corruption ridden elections in our history.. Maurice Iwu
Jonathan - Jonathan held a fairer and freer elections - Attahiru JEGA.

Obasanjo - Failed to spot the formation of Boko Haram under his government
Jonathan - Has to deal with the failure of Obasanjo.

Obasanjo - Was more politacally experienced.
Jonathan - A president of circumstance.

Obasanjo - Started the revitalization of the Railway sector..
Jonathan - Continued the revitalization of the railway sector.

Obasanjo - Destroyed the Nigerian Aviation sector & chased out a rather good Nigerian flyer called Virgin Nigeria (with his fuckdoll Kema Chikwe)
Jonathan - Is repairing the damage caused by Obasanjos regime in this sector & is trying to reestablish a more viable National carrier.

Obasanjo - Can only boast of the Imo - Onitsha express road in the East & South..
Jonathan - Has built/expanded/repaired more Federal roads than Obasanjo..

Obasanjo - Had more criminal Governors under his regime (Odili, Ibori, Alamiesigha, Tinubu, e.t.c..)
Jonathan - Has better performing governors than Objs regime.

Obasanjo - His administration killed many political opponents (marshall harry, Bola ige, Dikibo, e.t.c)
Jonathan - Has had a rather more peaceful polity & allowed the opposition to talk shiit freely.. angry

Obasanjo -

e.t.c....

7 Likes

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by whizkidd: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Obsanjo was a proactive reformer but a terrible politician. Some of his achievements are:

Debt Relief, Bank Consolidation, Stock Exchange growth, Setting up the Foreign Reserve & Excess Crude accounts, NEEDS/SEEDS/LEEDS framework. The power reforms in actuality started with Obsanjo with the setting up of the regulatory framework (NERC) and building of the NIPP's. A lot of the work that is being commissioned now started during his regime.

However, setting up frameworks and putting people on the ground to execute are totally different which is where he failed abysmally. By rigging thugs into state government houses and cuddling incompetent ministers/commissioners, he invariable undid the work his government started. Lastly, he handed us a sick and unfit Yar'Adua as president which to me is an unforgivable sin and is a reason for much of the problems going on in the country right now.

Jonathan to me is a consolidator, finishing some of the needed reformed and building on them:

By continuing and completing the power reforms started by Obasanjo and perfected by Barth Nnaji, Jonathan might be the President that finally solves our power problems (which everyone know accounts for 70% of Nigeria's problems).

The deregulation of the fuel industry though highly unpopular, was the right move and one that took a lot of guts. You guys voted him to make the difficult choices not the convenient ones. In the long run, investment in refinement would not be possible without total deregulation (Dangote for example). Expect total deregulation if he is re-elected.
The setting up of the Sovereign Wealth Fund is another solid macro-economic decision that benefits us long term.
If they indeed setup the mortgage fund, that will be the biggest win for Nigerians. People still dont understand the importance of mortgages to a capitalist economy. This to me along with power reforms is the biggest reform that can be implemented.

On the downside, he has an absolutely abysmal record with corruption, and is playing election politics years in advance. The security situation in the country is worse than ever and he doesnt inspire confidence thing will get better. Also there is an absence of leadership to pass bills in the national assembly to benefit the country. More politics, less governance. Let's hope he can focus on working once he get re-elected (because he WILL win even if they have to burn the country down). God bless naija!

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by samsard(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
This is how the civil service thinks
pinky21: Pls jonathan shld pay my mama salary. No b legacy we wan chop
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by TAILAS01(m): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
ifihearam: I do not think there is any basis of comparison,obj wasted 8 years in office CANNOT be compared to what his excellency has achieved in the past 3 years.
Oya educate us...list his achievements...
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Chamackh(m): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
ayodeji752: u forgot to write free and fair election
he also forgot The signing of Freedom of Information that OBJ shied away from.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Krisddon: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
I can remember vividly the attack Obasanjo got in 2007 from his kinsmen when he kem bk 2 Ogun from Aso rock accusing him of bad performance & killin d rubostly built Oduduwa's legacy. If they had d chance, they would hv ALUUed him to death! Pls pple stp being decived dat Obasanjo brot in telephone or telecomunication. Was it by way of reviving NITEL? MTN came to Nigeria as at or during Obasanjo's tenure & was welcomed profoundly, so it wasn't Obsanjo dat introduced it or included such in his policy document. I love Obasanjo as a human being but i get pissed whn i hear pple say he brot in fone dat's poor mentality, altogeda he 3ried. On GEJ, i equally lv him as a human being but seeing what he has now, to his glory it is conspicuous dat he would perfrom better if nt for dis formidable distractions 4rm all angles especially 4rm those dat swore 2 mk d country ungovernable he they lose. Evidently, today they're unleasing terror on innocent pple diverting GEJ's attention 2 almost only security & making him seem weak.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by nickxtra(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
chukwudi44: GEJ privatisation of the power sector alone will rubbish everything Obasanjo achieved throughout his tenure
For your information, it may interest you to know that the process of privatization of power was initiated and started by Obasanjo, but scuttled by the visionless Yar' Adua Administration. Goodluck Jonathan only continued where Obasanjo stopped. The much talk about Niger Delta Power Company, the National Integrated Power project(NIPP), comprising of the ongoing several power stations, the power road map etc, are all the babies of Obasanjo's Administration. Pls take note
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by walexlugas08(m): 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lilimax: Let's hope that the constant power supply which has eluded us as a nation is achieved during GEJ tenure.
please don't be sentimentalist and tribalist for god sake,it doesn't have any fucking thing to do with years they've spent,the article based on their achievement and pace they've set,you,sit down and talking about the year,to be realistic,Gej have tried his best,but world only appraise the accomplisher because 'first task amount to nothing, until it's fully accomplished',so is advisable for him to buckle up and strive to sail the masses through and heed to masses voice!
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Nebutaman(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
It's ok that you concentrated on the positives of the OBJ administration. Basically you mentioned three sectors, Telecommunication, Economy and Law Enforcement. Dora Akinyuli and Ribadu represent law enforcement. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was the backbone of the economy and the BPE did the privatization of the telecom industry. Ngozi and BPE are still there and doing more. I'd like us to be fair and open. Here are some stats to help.

ROAD
1. •A total of 651km of roads was paved in bituminous layers in 2012.
2. •A total of 32 Highway projects were completed in 2012
3. The radical intervention by the Subsidy Reinvestment Programme SURE-P in the road sector in 2012 resulted in accelerated work on the rehabilitation of the following projects: Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja; Benin-Ore-Sagamu dual carriageway; Onitsha-Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriageway; Kaduna-Maiduguri dual carriageway; East-West Road The Second Niger Bridge for which a sum of five billion naira has been set aside.

AGRIC
1. •The Jonathan administration cleansed the rot in the fertilizer distribution system. Under the previous system, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development procured and distributed fertilizers to farmers. The system undermined the private sector and only about 11 percent of the farmers received fertilizers. The rest were sold to friends and `political farmers’ whom exported them. President Jonathan’s intervention dismantled in 60m days, this corrupt system, which had existed for over 40 years and fertilizers are now sold directly to farmers and not to government.

2. Today, Nigeria has reached an unprecedented 60 per cent sufficiency in rice production, a feat, which the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) recently described as capable of raising world rice output to a record high in the next 12 next months.

3. Of course it's no news that under this administration, Nigeria became the highest producer and exporter of cassava in the world.

TRANSPORTATION

1. •The Jonathan administration inaugurated the Lagos-Kano train service, which had been moribund for almost a decade. This is a major feat considering the long years of decay in the rail transportation sector.

2. •The Eastern rail line from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri is being rehabilitated as well as the fixing of the Zaria/Kaura Namoda rail route

3. •The Abuja to Kaduna 187 kilometre rail line is about more than 30 per cent completed.

4.•the Ajaokuta-Warri Standard Gauge Rail line will be completed any time now. This will provide a less than four-hour journey between the Middlebelt and the South South.

5. •The Lagos-Ibadan new gauge rail line, which was also initiated last year is on course.

SURE-P PROJECTS

1. •In 2012 N9 billion was spent By the Subsidy Removal and Re-Investment Programme (SURE-P)on: 500 Primary Health Centres (PHC) across the 36 states and FCT of the Federation. Employment and deployment of skilled Health Workers- Midwives, Community Health Workers (CHEWs), and Village Health Workers (VHWs). Upgrading, Equipping and Supplying of Drugs to the 500 PHCs across the six geopolitical zones are being done. Selection of 125 General Hospitals across the 36 states and the FCT. Equipping and upgrading their Maternity section to provide comprehensive intervention for complicated Maternal and Child cases from the PHCs is being done.

2. •4,604 jobs created for health workers in 2012.

ECONOMY

1. In 2007 when OBJ left, Nigeria was still listed among poor countries by World Bank, Euromonitor and the IMF. Under the GEJ administration Nigeria has moved from that demeaning position to a more prestigious one of being a middle class country. Occupying the 37th position of the world's richest countries in terms of GDP coming ahead of Israel, Finland, Ireland Qatar and Kuwait among others according to the World Bank and CIA rating. The country's GDP now stands at $268,700

•The Jonathan administration’s handling of the economy led to JP Morgan Chase the reputable American investment and Securities Company to list Nigeria on its Government Bond Index-Emerging Markets (GBI-EM). It is the second African company after South Africa to be listed. This inclusion of Nigerian bonds could mean an `inflow of at least $1.5 million of inflow into Nigeria’s bond market’. The listing will also improve the profile of Nigeria’s debt market.

•The Jonathan administration has in less than two years put Nigeria on the path of economic recovery. In 2011 for instance the Nigerian economy following International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecast, Nigeria was expected to witness 5.9 percent GDP growth but figures from the Federal Bureau of Statistics in Nigeria showed that by third quarter of 2011 the GDP growth stood at 7.3 percent.

2 Likes

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by ba7man(m): 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
Picture if it was G.E.J that the Military handed power to in 1999..........I believe the Military would have slapped him after a year and snatched the Presidency right back from him.

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Nebutaman(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
It's ok that you concentrated on the positives of the OBJ administration. Basically you mentioned three sectors, Telecommunication, Economy and Law Enforcement. Dora Akinyuli and Ribadu represent law enforcement. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was the backbone of the economy and the BPE did the privatization of the telecom industry. Ngozi and BPE are still there and doing more. I'd like us to be fair and open. Here are some stats to help.

ROAD
1. •A total of 651km of roads was paved in bituminous layers in 2012.
2. •A total of 32 Highway projects were completed in 2012
3. The radical intervention by the Subsidy Reinvestment Programme SURE-P in the road sector in 2012 resulted in accelerated work on the rehabilitation of the following projects: Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja; Benin-Ore-Sagamu dual carriageway; Onitsha-Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriageway; Kaduna-Maiduguri dual carriageway; East-West Road The Second Niger Bridge for which a sum of five billion naira has been set aside.

AGRIC
1. •The Jonathan administration cleansed the rot in the fertilizer distribution system. Under the previous system, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development procured and distributed fertilizers to farmers. The system undermined the private sector and only about 11 percent of the farmers received fertilizers. The rest were sold to friends and `political farmers’ whom exported them. President Jonathan’s intervention dismantled in 60m days, this corrupt system, which had existed for over 40 years and fertilizers are now sold directly to farmers and not to government.

2. Today, Nigeria has reached an unprecedented 60 per cent sufficiency in rice production, a feat, which the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) recently described as capable of raising world rice output to a record high in the next 12 next months.

3. Of course it's no news that under this administration, Nigeria became the highest producer and exporter of cassava in the world.

TRANSPORTATION

1. •The Jonathan administration inaugurated the Lagos-Kano train service, which had been moribund for almost a decade. This is a major feat considering the long years of decay in the rail transportation sector.

2. •The Eastern rail line from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri is being rehabilitated as well as the fixing of the Zaria/Kaura Namoda rail route

3. •The Abuja to Kaduna 187 kilometre rail line is about more than 30 per cent completed.

4.•the Ajaokuta-Warri Standard Gauge Rail line will be completed any time now. This will provide a less than four-hour journey between the Middlebelt and the South South.

5. •The Lagos-Ibadan new gauge rail line, which was also initiated last year is on course.

SURE-P PROJECTS

1. •In 2012 N9 billion was spent By the Subsidy Removal and Re-Investment Programme (SURE-P)on: 500 Primary Health Centres (PHC) across the 36 states and FCT of the Federation. Employment and deployment of skilled Health Workers- Midwives, Community Health Workers (CHEWs), and Village Health Workers (VHWs). Upgrading, Equipping and Supplying of Drugs to the 500 PHCs across the six geopolitical zones are being done. Selection of 125 General Hospitals across the 36 states and the FCT. Equipping and upgrading their Maternity section to provide comprehensive intervention for complicated Maternal and Child cases from the PHCs is being done.

2. •4,604 jobs created for health workers in 2012.

ECONOMY

1. In 2007 when OBJ left, Nigeria was still listed among poor countries by World Bank, Euromonitor and the IMF. Under the GEJ administration Nigeria has moved from that demeaning position to a more prestigious one of being a middle class country. Occupying the 37th position of the world's richest countries in terms of GDP coming ahead of Israel, Finland, Ireland Qatar and Kuwait among others according to the World Bank and CIA rating. The country's GDP now stands at $268,700

•The Jonathan administration’s handling of the economy led to JP Morgan Chase the reputable American investment and Securities Company to list Nigeria on its Government Bond Index-Emerging Markets (GBI-EM). It is the second African company after South Africa to be listed. This inclusion of Nigerian bonds could mean an `inflow of at least $1.5 million of inflow into Nigeria’s bond market’. The listing will also improve the profile of Nigeria’s debt market.

•The Jonathan administration has in less than two years put Nigeria on the path of economic recovery. In 2011 for instance the Nigerian economy following International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecast, Nigeria was expected to witness 5.9 percent GDP growth but figures from the Federal Bureau of Statistics in Nigeria showed that by third quarter of 2011 the GDP growth stood at 7.3 percent.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by walexlugas08(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
From the statistics analysis of the writer and the peoples perspective in comparison of both govt regime, vividly, shows the weeker and the stronger between them(OBJ vs GEJ),without condemning,outcasting,or desparaging any govt,and tribalism should put aside,we know that Gej govt is,ironically,the'gentility of the tiger,is as not as a result of being cowardice' and Obj regime is'actions means everything,but intention means nothing',though everyone of them has their own lapses,but one is unspeakable and outrageous...!
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Ubenedictus(m): 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
Youpele52: Nice post but to add to comparison, you put to consideration the environmental factors making easy or hard for government to rule a nation.

Pen Down.
true, yar' adua would have made obj and gej look like kids. He knew what to do, he laid out all the plans to do it, he had the political will to lead but he didn't have long life. I believe had he lived he may have been the best civilian and democratic president nigeria had ever seen.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by awodman: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
ba7man: Picture if it was G.E.J that the Military handed power to in 1999..........I believe the Military would have slapped him after a year and snatched the Presidency right back from him.

That is why a public commentator once said.."God is giving Nigeria the leader we deserve at every point in time"..

Obj to handle the military and GEJ to properly transit us to democracy where every citizen voice will be heard as is the case now

1 Like

Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by DoctorShroud(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
seedord247: Chaiiii greatest insult of all of time...

Comparing a leopard to a rabbit. grin
get a life bro. In ur own interest.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by tnktosin(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
coolsalm: For Me ℓ'Đ say the achievements of GEJ are yet to be seen as he is a Leader appointed by GOD!
OMG, you mean his achievements are spiritual? grin
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by OdionOdion: 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
(1) Thanks to OBJ for giving us GEJ,as expected a son will always be better than the father (2)GEJ gave the nigeria the FOI bill now a law that allows you and I on the forum on other social media to probe and criticise govt policies and programme without intimidation or arrest (3) the libralization of ASO ROCK/PRESIDENCY for minority of minorities(4) the reformation in Agricultural sector especially the Libralisation of the Fertilisers procurement and distribution(5) the revitilisation/rehabilitations of the roads and rails infrastrutures (6) the remodelling/beautification the Nations Airports and introduction of aeropollis regime in the air ports(7) the dismantlling of the Mafia in the oil sector through the partial removal of oil subsidy (cool The bold step taken to Complete NIPP projects the unbundling/Privatisation of PHCN (9) GEJ Humility and Candour despite enormous executive power (10) The reform in Electoral reform that make a political new comer like Gov Oshiomonle to beat Chief Tony Aninin (12)The second the Niger bridge under construction (13) The appointment of Igbo Man for the first time after the civil war to the position of Chief of Army staff (14) the fulfilment of the 35% affirmative action For the appointment of women into positions (15) The admission of Nigeria ladies/girls into NDA to pursue higher career in Nigeria military(16) the bulkanisation of the political muster call Governors Forum ETC,ETC
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
Many of you have refused to remember that after Obasenjo and before GEJ, there was a President. If Jonathon had this transformation Agenda in his head yet kept humble and let Yaradua sit dormant for those years then GEJ deserves another level than Atiku and a greater respect than oBJ.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Uziehot(m): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
sorry,are u talking abt dis very privatisation dat has nt started. Bt are u aware dat all Gej policies so far are anti-populace policies dat only favours his kichen cabinet including his lab-dog? Pls.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Uziehot(m): 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
gazilion:

I believe president Jonathan is being distracted so much by these selfish governors and political jobbers. If he could be more courageous and assertive, I believe he'll achieve a lot in the long run.
pls oh! Keep believing.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by udokpuenyi(m): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
How many high profiled politicians were assassinated during OBJ autocratic rule and how many have died since Yaradua/Goodluck administration.

Yes Jonathan may not be all round good but never never compare him with OBJ bloodtasty rule.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Venchy: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Why do Nigerians comes up with so much nonsense, LEGACY!!!.

This people have no legacy but killing the whole country, people have been in darkness with all the OIL money, things have gone worse compare to the colonial era, no good roads, no water, no food and medicals to look after sick people, even the Mm Airport have deteriorate beyond recognition....No car park.

Clearly only peoole that doesn't know other life but the shitty life will be thinking of this criminal legacy.

Now I will tell you Jonathan's Legacy....he freed his old CRIMINAL BOSS Alamesia.

They are all gang stars and this is big problem eith black people, we love to praise criminals for stealing public funds.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by ziccoit: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Some Nigerians are funny. You people are listing how the same obj was this and that. What was GEJ doing when OBJ was soaked in all the real and assumed vices? He was there too in his clover enjoying the loots from the cover of Bayelsa state. The way some are presenting GEJ is as if he is a new man from another planet. The same way he was wrongly presented to the gullible and unsuspecting Nigerians to be fresh air, GEJ but not PDP, departure from the past etc.
All of them are rubbish fellows including GEJ and OBJ. They are all evils. You people need to stop deceiving yourselves and unsuspecting minds, GEJ and his father, OBJ, are one and the same bad leaders.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Ubenedictus(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Many of you have refused to remember that after Obasenjo and before GEJ, there was a President. If Jonathon had this transformation Agenda in his head yet kept humble and let Yaradua sit dormant for those years then GEJ deserves another level than Atiku and a greater respect than oBJ.
the point is that the transformation agenda gej is acting on isn't his own. He is simply implementing other peoples plans
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by kommiejewel(f): 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
OBJ was a Titan,he understood wat bein a leader was. At least durin his tenure,strikes usually dn't last more than 1 or 2 wks;let's nt 4get hw he transformd 8 universities' teachin hospitals e.t.c
But Jonathan look lyk say im dy use Nig learn work. .
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Ubenedictus(m): 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Many of you have refused to remember that after Obasenjo and before GEJ, there was a President. If Jonathon had this transformation Agenda in his head yet kept humble and let Yaradua sit dormant for those years then GEJ deserves another level than Atiku and a greater respect than oBJ.
Re: Comparing Legacies - Obasanjo Vs Goodluck Jonathan by Uziehot(m): 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
awodman: 1) Our elections are now free and fair under GEJ as evident in Edo, Ondo and in the 2011 general elections..the benefits of the people having the power to hire and fire need not be over-emphasized

2) The power reforms of GEJ will dwarf any legacy OBJ left behind

3) Our mass transit systems viz rail, roads, ports and airports will also be another legacy

4) Demystification of Governance and all the secrecy associated with it

5) The reforms in agriculture will also be another legacy
ok. Whc rail are u talking abt? Have u seen d rail after it was test-run? Is it d air dat is nt safe anymore? Whc electn was free and fair?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Charly Boy & OurMumuDonDo Protesters Storm EFCC, Ask FG To Extradite Diezani / Buhari Cancels Shells Operating Licence For OML 11 / Osinbajo Orders Reopening Of N-Power Job Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.