Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists (23746 Views)

Court Orders Release Of Jonathan’s ADC / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 21, 2013
I wonder why this hasn't hit front page yet
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by souljaboi: 10:31pm On May 21, 2013
Misunderstood_G: I wonder why this hasn't hit front page yet

the mods are sleeping

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 21, 2013
GEJ needs to be smart about this.. I'm not and will never be in support of this move..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by BlackSwan: 11:05pm On May 21, 2013
boron10:
Kill them all cool
whatever
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by HARDEYLEKE(m): 11:09pm On May 21, 2013
sakaguchi:
AS USUAL, IMMEDIATELY AFTER BEING HAILED FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING (the first he has done since 2012) JONATHAN COMES OUT AND SHOOTS HIMSELF AT THE LEG... HOW PATHETIC!!! Jonathan IS BACK AGAIN....one step forward, 60 steps back mtchwwwwww!!!

grin grin grin grin abi...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Aphrygian(m): 11:11pm On May 21, 2013
i sha love jonathan,he is always playin politics wif everything."
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by onatisi(m): 11:12pm On May 21, 2013
Misunderstood_G: GEJ needs to be smart about this.. I'm not and will never be in support of this move..
they are releasin chikdren and women,many of u didnt even bother to read the whole news ,u only read the topic.some of these women have been in detention for months.so u still want them there after killing their husbands abi.anyway mr president has spoken and that is the last order
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 21, 2013
“The measure which is in line with presidential magnanimity to enhance peace efforts in the country will result in freedom for suspects, including all women under custody.

“The details of the directives and those to benefit from this gesture have been communicated to field units and the Joint Task Force, ‘’ it said.

Release suspects not because there was no evidence but because of magnanimity shocked shocked shocked shocked
Release all women just for being women?
Chineke nna m
This is the most eediotic thing i ever read from the presidency
God punish Satan!

[size=18pt]Somebody hold me before I set my green passport and GEJ poster on fire [/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by wellmax(m): 11:16pm On May 21, 2013
I love Nigeria I no go lie
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Afritop(m): 11:18pm On May 21, 2013
What amuses me here is that as Nigerians are adding points to Jonathan in every good move he makes, he keeps minusing it himself unexpectedly and then decides to give flimsy excuse

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 21, 2013
Afritop: What amuses me here is that as Nigerians are adding points to Jonathan in every good move he makes, he keeps minusing it himself unexpectedly and then decides to give flimsy excuse

My brother see me o
What type of rubbish is this?
Even those of us supporting him are beginning to look like eediots
I am giving him one last chance before I decamp to APC with alacrity
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by onatisi(m): 11:27pm On May 21, 2013
Afritop: What amuses me here is that as Nigerians are adding points to Jonathan in every good move he makes, he keeps minusing it himself unexpectedly and then decides to give flimsy excuse
u are talking like an olodo,u are there in ur bedroom typing rubbish ,i doubt it even u have been a boys scout before and you are rubbishing recommendations given to the president by intelligence and army officers.what do u know about boko haram apart from what u read on nairaland and what u see on tv?infact u guys are pathetic do u know the implication of this continious war if peace and dialogue isnt pursued alongside the military option?dont u know that of care is not taken this issue can snowball into an all out war?ican u fight in the battle field?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by spikesC(m): 11:27pm On May 21, 2013
boron10: This is why the JTF need to take law into their hands by killing any suspect apprehended.

Do you know the meaning of "suspect"?
If the police shoot you for being a suspect just because u live in a neighbourhood of crime, what is the justice in it.

You're the same person who will complain that jtf killed innocent citizens.

The fact is that we lack trust for our government and so will never be satisfied in any way. We have so much differiences in our choice and decissions because of the big gap in literacy and wealth of the population.

But nevertheless,

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by spikesC(m): 11:28pm On May 21, 2013
boron10: This is why the JTF need to take law into their hands by killing any suspect apprehended.

Do you know the meaning of "suspect"?
If the police shoot you for being a suspect just because u live in a neighbourhood of crime, what is the justice in it.

You're the same person who will complain that jtf killed innocent citizens.

The fact is that we lack trust for our government and so will never be satisfied in any way. We have so much differiences in our choice and decissions because of the big gap in literacy and wealth of the population.

Nevertheless, we'll never move forward unless we unite. Shikena
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 21, 2013
I dont see anything wrong with releasing women and children. In fact, women and children shouldn't have been detained in the first place because many of them dont even know what their husbands are engaged in. Again, this strategy will help the security forces win more souls in the north in the war against terror. The more people we have on the side of sanity and peace, the better. The indisputable fact is that insurgency cannot be defeated with stick alone. We also need carrots and dialogue. The release of detained women and children is part of the carrot. In the end, what we need is PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by naUgotire: 11:30pm On May 21, 2013
This is a typical example of one being an enemy to his or her own progress. What on earth is GEJ thinking? I'm totally dumbfounded. Does he think that these people are influenced by acts of kindness from 'infidels'? It is only when they martyred in the process of converting you by force that they eventually give up. Each and every one of them is thinking about 20 to 50 virgins in 'heaven' and no amount of being handled with kid glove by an 'infidel' would deter them. This is a big mistake. They all must be debriefed and the innocents ones released. Terrorists only understand one language, to wit, terror for terror!
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ZeusI: 11:34pm On May 21, 2013
YorubaFirst: This action betrays the rumor that the State of Emergency is a success. If the SoE is a success then GEJ has earned political and military advantage to force bokoharam into tight-end negotiation. He should not be in a hurry to yield grounds to them. That negotiation should include in the minimum the following top three demands:

1. that Shekau and the top leadership of boko must surrender, their field operations in Nigeria and command posts must be decommissioned and submitted to authorities

2. that a rehabilitation programme be setup and they must accept the guidelines of the programme

3. that their women and children will be released in exchange for investigation and prosecution of their active male members.

I de laugh... It looks more like a fable about a man who intend to negotiate with a hungry tiger on a captured buffalo.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by imperiouxx(m): 11:35pm On May 21, 2013
Is it to release them to him so that he put bullets in their heads himself?
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ZeusI: 11:40pm On May 21, 2013
YorubaFirst: This action betrays the rumor that the State of Emergency is a success. If the SoE is a success then GEJ has earned political and military advantage to force bokoharam into tight-end negotiation. He should not be in a hurry to yield grounds to them. That negotiation should include in the minimum the following top three demands:

1. that Shekau and the top leadership of boko must surrender, their field operations in Nigeria and command posts must be decommissioned and submitted to authorities

2. that a rehabilitation programme be setup and they must accept the guidelines of the programme

3. that their women and children will be released in exchange for investigation and prosecution of their active male members.

Looks more like a fable where a hunter seek to negotiate with a hungry tiger on its captured buffalo in exchange for a bullet to the tiger's leg for killing the buffalo. Ridiculous terms there...
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Diasporan(m): 11:41pm On May 21, 2013
Good move Uncle GEJ
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by PHIPEX(m): 11:44pm On May 21, 2013
A part of me tries to see this as a shocker that shouldn't happen but I am tempted to go with the presidency in this (if it's true). What am not too sure of is if this is coming too early. let's remember that SOE is a means to an end and not the end itself. While it's easy to get sentimental and wish all Boko Haram members dead, I think this is a good strategy where the two doors are open; dialogue and military force, it's left for each member to choose where he wishes to belong. Moreso, considering the North-South divide in this country, it could be another opportunity to prove the gainsayers wrong who think the South has gone to war againt the north. Our ultimate target is not just a temporary peace in this country but peace that will last and to me this isn't a too hard price to pay for it. Military force alone hasn't ended violence in Iraq and Afghanistan, infact our Niger-Delta is more peaceful than both countries today.

In times like this I remember this golden letter by one of the World's greatest leaders when he was faced with this similar situation in his country; a civil war in America.
"I have examined personally all the papers in the Lyons case, and I see that it is a matter for executive interference. So I turn it over to you with full confidence that you will do what is just and right; only begging you, my dear General, to do nothing in reprisal for the past- only what is necessary to ensure security for the future and remind you that we are not fighting against a foreign foe, but our brothers, and that our aim is not to break their spirit but only to bring back their old allegiance. Conquer by kindness- let that be our policy. Very truely yours, Abraham Lincoln."

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Diasporan(m): 11:44pm On May 21, 2013
imperiouxx: Is it to release them to him so that he put bullets in their heads myself?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:45pm On May 21, 2013
This unprecedented move could dampen the morale of our troops.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:48pm On May 21, 2013
PHIPEX: A part of me tries to see this as a shocker that shouldn't happen but I am tempted to go with the presidency in this (if it's true). let'sremember that SOE is a means to an end and not the end itself. While it's easy to get sentimental and wish all Boko Haram members dead, I think this is a good strategy where the two doors are open; dialogue and military force, it's left for each member to choose where he wishes to belong. Moreso, considering the North-South divide in this country, it could be another opportunity to prove the gainsayers wrong who think the South has gone to war againt the north. Our ultimate target is peace in this country and to me this isn't a too hard price to pay for it.

In times like this I remember this golden letter by one of the World's greatest leaders when he was faced with this similar situation in his country; a civil war in America.
"I have examined personally all the papers in the Lyons case, and I see that it is a matter for executive interference. So I turn it over to you with full confidence that you will do what is just and right; only begging you, my dear General, to do nothing in reprisal for the past- only what is necessary to ensure security for the future and remind you that we are not fighting against a foreign foe, but our brothers, and that our aim is not to break their spirit but only to bring back their old allegiance. Conquer by kindness- let that be our policy. Very truely yours, Abraham Lincoln."
Dude, we're talking about terrorists here. They're not normal people. Lincoln didn't fight Al'Qaeda, Haqqani or the Taliban.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Okworigeorge(m): 11:48pm On May 21, 2013
No, na mak buhari put d bullet himsef...nw imagine hw many virgins only buhari wan kolet 4rm dos SUSPECTs[d innocent ones]
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by killuminati(m): 11:49pm On May 21, 2013
Ok no wonder Shekau don open Facebook account come like Gej fanpage. Obago!
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by killuminati(m): 11:52pm On May 21, 2013
Okworigeorge: No, na mak buhari put d bullet himsef...nw imagine hw many virgins only buhari wan kolet 4rm dos SUSPECTs[d innocent ones]
mumu talk another thing. We don hear dat one tire from other mumu people like you!
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by PHIPEX(m): 11:55pm On May 21, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
Dude, we're talking about terrorists here. They're not normal people. Lincoln didn't fight Al'Qaeda, Haqqani or the Taliban.

It's my opinion for now, but in as much as I fully support SOE, ultimately, dialogue could provide a better result. America says they don't dialogue with terrorists and a decade after, the war is still on. It's left for us to either go that same way or fashion a home-grown solution that fits us better. Based on our experience, even if Shekau is killed today it may not be the end of the war.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by imperiouxx(m): 11:56pm On May 21, 2013
Diasporan:
undecided undecided undecided

Thanks friend. That was slip of the fingers and now corrected. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

China Congratulates President Buhari On His Re-Election (Photos) / New Naira: CBN Insists On Jan 31, Buhari Snubs Governors, Monarchs / 20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria – Their Names Will Shock you! Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.