Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists (23747 Views)

Court Orders Release Of Jonathan’s ADC / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 7:00am On May 22, 2013
I dont see anything wrong with releasing women and children. In fact, women and children shouldn't have been detained in the first place because many of them dont even know what their husbands are engaged in. Again, this strategy will help the security forces win more souls in the north in the war against terror. The more people we have on the side of sanity and peace, the better. The indisputable fact is that insurgency cannot be defeated with stick alone. We also need carrots and dialogue. The release of detained women and children is part of the carrot. In the end, what we need is PEACE. Lets see how all of these plays out
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by mu2sa2: 7:01am On May 22, 2013
Misunderstood_G:
SHUT UP YOU BOKO HARAM lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, WHAT DO YOU KNOW... YOU'LL NEVER SUPPORT ANYTHING HE DOES BECAUSE HIS NAME DOESN'T HAVE ABDUL, SULEIMAN OR MUHAMMED IN IT..WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS. NO BE RAPIST YOU BE
. Gej must answer for this flagrant violation of the constitutional rights of these women and children. In office or out he wont go scott-free. Happily the nigeria bar assoc gombe branch is already looking at cases of violtion of human rights under soe in the noth east, hopefully those people`s lawyers will take up the case of these unfortunate muslim women and children persecuted by gej because of their faith.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 7:06am On May 22, 2013
mu2sa2: . Gej must answer for this flagrant violation of the constitutional rights of these women and children. In office or out he wont go scott-free. Happily the nigeria bar assoc gombe branch is already looking at cases of violtion of human rights under soe in the noth east, hopefully those people`s lawyers will take up the case of these unfortunate muslim women and children persecuted by gej because of their faith.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! grin grin Which lawyers? all those illiterate ones wey dey for NE?? Those people can't even win against me.. Y'all are just religious fabatics, and religious fanatics die young.. LIKE @Toluwarni said, they should all be detained until found not guilty.. cos I don't trust any Hausa female or Kid.. they all have the potential of becoming suicide bombers cool

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by eagleeye2: 7:09am On May 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian, Onatisi (sometimees, Diasporan, Billyonaire)
Una dey try ohh. I really empathise with you guys because your oga at the top GEJ does not make your work easy.
Each time it seems that you people have propped him up, he comes up with a mind boggling f,uck up.
Like others have said, "one step forward, so many other steps backward".
I throw away salute for all you GEJ apoligists, it is not easy doing what you guys do. More Power to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by tarryT(m): 7:10am On May 22, 2013
mu2sa2: . Gej must answer for this flagrant violation of the constitutional rights of these women and children. In office or out he wont go scott-free. Happily the nigeria bar assoc gombe branch is already looking at cases of violtion of human rights under soe in the noth east, hopefully those people`s lawyers will take up the case of these unfortunate muslim women and children persecuted by gej because of their faith.
"Becos of their faith"...u said.. If i may ask, which faith Is it the "kill for virgins bonanza" or which..?
Where were these women and "children" arrested and the circumstance leading to their arrest??

Mu2sa2,..the boko haram spokesman.. Please answer my question.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by eagleeye2: 7:18am On May 22, 2013
victorv12: Are Nigerians not tired of criticizing President Goodluck Jonathan? Why must we antangonize our president for showing clemency to fellow Nigerians?One thing we should all realize, if he fails, we'll end up losing . "President Jonathan Must prevail." I'm tired of critizing him! We should positively see how we can move this country forward. If he fails, Nigeria as a country as failed. God bless the republic!!!
Am equally tired and I know so many other Nigerians are tired of criticizing him. But bros GEJ is not making it easy for us all to look there other way.
How can you declare SoE and send in troops to go and fish out BH boys, and while our Security personnels are still there, you go ahead to order the release of "suspected Terrorists".
Why not at least wait for these Army boys to do their job, before bringing down their Morales? When the Army starts summary execution of "suspects", Amnesty International and other Human Right wings will spring up and start spewing rrubbish.
Oga GEJ is not helping our Army boys.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by addicted268(f): 7:18am On May 22, 2013
persecuted by gej BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH, you say?OK.so......Who will answer for the flagrant violations of the right to life and freedom of religion of the innocent citizens of nigeria murdered by the islamist suicide bombers BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH(lemme just take the examples of the ones bombed in the churches)?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 7:49am On May 22, 2013
addicted268: persecuted by gej BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH, you say?OK.so......Who will answer for the flagrant violations of the right to life and freedom of religion of the innocent citizens of nigeria murdered by the islamist suicide bombers BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH(lemme just take the examples of the ones bombed in the churches)?
my point exactly..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 8:00am On May 22, 2013
eagle,eye:

Am equally tired and I know so many other Nigerians are tired of criticizing him. But bros GEJ is not making it easy for us all to look there other way.
How can you declare SoE and send in troops to go and fish out BH boys, and while our Security personnels are still there, you go ahead to order the release of "suspected Terrorists".
Why not at least wait for these Army boys to do their job, before bringing down their Morales? When the Army starts summary execution of "suspects", Amnesty International and other Human Right wings will spring up and start spewing rrubbish.
Oga GEJ is not helping our Army boys.
do u believe gej will release terrorists?pls understand the information very well.they are not releasing kabiru sokoto or others like that,in the wake of this problem lots of people were picked up and detained and during the crackdown lots of women or families were rounded up and detained ,now most of them had been in detention for months ithout trial and they are innocent many just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time ,may God save us.after thorough investigation the sss and military police and all intelligence agencies have been able to identify the innocent and the guilty ones,so pls tell me why should they still be detained and locked up for no crime.
secondly this issue had been one of the requests and conditions for peace given by boko haram and its sponsors that their women are been abused and locked up by the army and that it wll start killing school children as retaliation which they did by killing waec candidates lately
thirdly ppl must understand that this decison was arrived at aafter meet with the senate president ,house of reps,miltary cheifs and local leaders in the north ,gej doesnt just sleep and wakes up to do thing unilaterally,he has to make consultations,this move if carried out will put a lot on pressure on the northern elders and leaders to call boko haram to order.this war cant continue .if care isnt taken the northern boys in the army and barracks may start grumbling.there are so many issues related to this release most ppl here just saw the heading and never bother to read or understand what the action is all about

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ibro2040: 8:07am On May 22, 2013
Honestly I support the military action but not this release of their wives and children or at best, it is ill- timed. GEJ should forget about these so-called northern elite who can no longer come to the north for fear of these monsters but are always sympathising them indirectly. Imagine them pushing the president to grants them amnesty which the boko boys rejected. The northern elite cares only for their family,friends and associates not the children of northern Borno who cannot go to school because of boko boys or the ordinary people in the north who are constantly living under fear, both muslims and christians.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Policewoman(f): 8:07am On May 22, 2013
Toluwarni: The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) announced in Abuja on Tuesday that it would release some persons detained in connection with terrorist activities.

The Director of Defence Information, Brig-Gen. Chris Olukolade, said in a statement that the decision to release the suspected terrorists was based on the directives of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Jonathan had declared state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa on May 14.

The statement said the move was in furtherance of the Federal Government’s position in response to requests by the Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Reconciliation.

“The measure which is in line with presidential magnanimity to enhance peace efforts in the country will result in freedom for suspects, including all women under custody.

“The details of the directives and those to benefit from this gesture have been communicated to field units and the Joint Task Force, ‘’ it said.

The statement said that the beneficiaries would be released to the state governors who would be involved in further rehabilitation before the suspects were released to their respective community leaders and relations. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/jonathan-orders-release-of-detained-terrorists/
INOTHERWORDS, THE STATE OF EMERGENCY IS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH AMNESTY President Jonathan, don't tell me you will allow our soldiers risk their lives and get killed to arrest some Jihadists, only for you to release them. Hmmm.... na wah o.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by splashbaby(m): 8:09am On May 22, 2013
Signs that the millitary has in its custody innocent people branding them as Boko Haram...I might be wrong but the Federal Govt continues to grow the act of sedition in the heart of our Northern brothers..too bad!
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by mu2sa2: 8:14am On May 22, 2013
tarryT: "Becos of their faith"...u said.. If i may ask, which faith Is it the "kill for virgins bonanza" or which..?
Where were these women and "children" arrested and the circumstance leading to their arrest??

Mu2sa2,..the boko haram spokesman.. Please answer my question.
. The mental staus of a person must be ascertained before we engage him in discourse.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ibro2040: 8:18am On May 22, 2013
addicted268: persecuted by gej BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH, you say?OK.so......Who will answer for the flagrant violations of the right to life and freedom of religion of the innocent citizens of nigeria murdered by the islamist suicide bombers BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH(lemme just take the examples of the ones bombed in the churches)?
The worst violators of human right are the boko boys and their supporters and sympathisers. Islamically,the doer,sympathiser and supporter of evil are all part of the evil and are sinners. So beware of how far you stick your neck out for boko haram
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 8:20am On May 22, 2013
Policewoman: INOTHERWORDS, THE STATE OF EMERGENCY IS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH AMNESTY President Jonathan, don't tell me you will allow our soldiers risk their lives and get killed to arrest some Jihadists, only for you to release them. Hmmm.... na wah o.
madam,the military operation as been successful with minimum casualties but this is only for a short term,will the soe be place on those areas for 2yrs?a time will come when the army wll have to go back to their barracks ,what happens then.
remember these ppl u are saying that they should be locked up are the same ppl u will be coming to for information.the only to demostrate govt passion for peace is to extend a gesture of peace NOT TO BOKO HARAM BUT THE ORDINARY PEOPLE LIVING IN THESE TROUBLED AREAS.and one way of doing that is releasing ppl who were picked up,arrested and found out to be innocent to their local heads .this is a healing process.with this type of gesture the people confidence in govt will gradually be restored and this will also put pressure on some foot soldiers of boko haram to leave the group,many ppl condemming this action dont live in the north that is why they are against it.we must not allow mischief makers to protray this soe as a punishment on the north by the south.that is what many ordinary northerners feel.we cant afford another civil war in this country
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Melancholy(m): 8:25am On May 22, 2013
No wonder the incarcerated leader of militant group okafor who was said to be involved in the 2010 bombing said that the boko aram suspects were treated special amongst the other inmates.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by sainty2k3(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2013
JEG- one step forward two backward. I hope this won't discourage the JTF. God help Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by mu2sa2: 8:30am On May 22, 2013
Misunderstood_G:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! grin grin Which lawyers? all those illiterate ones wey dey for NE?? Those people can't even win against me.. Y'all are just religious fabatics, and religious fanatics die young.. LIKE @Toluwarni said, they should all be detained until found not guilty.. cos I don't trust any Hausa female or Kid.. they all have the potential of becoming suicide bombers cool
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Rednose: 8:54am On May 22, 2013
OMO IBO: There's another thread/article which suggests only women are being released.

Now I see what joe boy is trying to do but I sincerely hope it pays off.

How can it pay off, these are blood-thirsty, ruthless, killers. Even if they are women, a killer is still a killer and justice needs to be served! Think of thousands on Nigerians who have lost their lives and property.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by sol2galay: 9:01am On May 22, 2013
This can't be true,i know brother Jona can't be as clueless as this.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by SPEED5: 9:04am On May 22, 2013
Why are u so quick to condemn gej move, this is war and he has taken a tactical and profesionaly informed move. Don't forget there are informed military personel seating with him
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 9:14am On May 22, 2013
Rednose:

How can it pay off, these are blood-thirsty, ruthless, killers. Even if they are women, a killer is still a killer and justice needs to be served! Think of thousands on Nigerians who have lost their lives and property.
and do u know how many innocent ppl have been killed by the jtf ?
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Rednose: 9:15am On May 22, 2013
'The federal government however explained that the decision to order the release is sequel to the request of the Presidential Committee in Dialogue and Reconciliation set up to explore the possibility of amnesty for converted terrorists' This excerpt from Vanguard online suggests that the Presidency still plans to embark on amnesty for these killers. Do terrorists change? These are people who have dedicated their lives to killing others, now the FG is talking about reforms!!! The only reform I can think of is converting them from Islam to Love for God is love.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 9:18am On May 22, 2013
SPEED5: Why are u so quick to condemn gej move, this is war and he has taken a tactical and profesionaly informed move. Don't forget there are informed military personel seating with him
my bro ,i tire for nigerians ooooo,they wont listen when u try to explain things to them,most ppl here believe they know more than the generals in the army and more than the sss director.na wah ooo
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 9:21am On May 22, 2013
PECO4KING:

Bro terrorist no get time to make peace at all.That is why they are called terriorist.
u are getting it wrong ,they arE SUSPECTS NOT TERRORIST.THE OP MALICIOUSLY CHANGED SOME WORDS
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 9:24am On May 22, 2013
Afritop: PEOPLE LIKE ONATISI ARE THE ONES THAT THINK GEJ IS A GENIUS. Concerning his replies to some comments, it shows that he has no idea of the Nigerian political and economic situation
are u sure ?he may know more than u think
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Rednose: 9:25am On May 22, 2013
texaco1:
and do u know how many innocent ppl have been killed by the jtf ?

How are they innocent? In Libya recently, when a car bomb was detonated in the streets; Libyans came out to protest against the evil act. In Kenya muslims encircled a church targeted for bombing by the local terrorist group. What have these 'innocent' people done to say 'enough of these killings against our fellow Nigerians??' WHAT?? Nothing!!! Instead, they accommodate these terrorists in their towns and villages. Haven't you heard of good Nigerians who the inform NPF of kidnappers, armed robbers and other criminals? Why didn't they act likewise? Until you lose a family member or close friend (God forbid), you probably won't know the level of havoc and destruction this evil group has caused in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Sweetlemon(f): 9:28am On May 22, 2013
Those of you saying that it was only women and children the president ordered the release of are not serious at all. Didn't you see where it was clearly stated that they are releasing "TERROISTS as well as women and children"
Nonsense! Yeye apologists like you!
As for Jona, I won't directly criticize this move until I see the end result of this.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Sweetlemon(f): 9:31am On May 22, 2013
texaco1:
u are getting it wrong ,they arE SUSPECTS NOT TERRORIST.THE OP MALICIOUSLY CHANGED SOME WORDS

Maliciously changed gini? please go to the source of this news and click on it.
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Sweetlemon(f): 9:33am On May 22, 2013
Policewoman: INOTHERWORDS, THE STATE OF EMERGENCY IS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH AMNESTY President Jonathan, don't tell me you will allow our soldiers risk their lives and get killed to arrest some Jihadists, only for you to release them. Hmmm.... na wah o.

Na real wa! I'm just trying my best to hold my tongue until I see the end result of this current move
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 9:34am On May 22, 2013
Sweetlemon:
As for Jona, I won't directly criticize this move until I see the end result of this.
thank you very much for this comment.just like the saying goes,the end justify the means .
all we want is peace and progress nothing more nothing less
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Rednose: 9:36am On May 22, 2013
SPEED5: Why are u so quick to condemn gej move, this is war and he has taken a tactical and profesionaly informed move. Don't forget there are informed military personel seating with him

Boko Haram is EVIL, so if suspected members have been captured, I don't agree that they should be released back so quickly to the society. Not until these brainwashed persons have undergone thorough rehab to explain how significant a human life is, that property built with hard earned money should not be destroyed. Besides, they shouldn't be released until they are found innocent of any wrong doing. Many of our people in the north have been killed for crying out loud!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria – Their Names Will Shock you! Post / Chijioke Nwakodo Is Dead (Abia Chief Of Staff) / Kwankwaso Visited By Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner at his Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.