Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists (23749 Views)

Court Orders Release Of Jonathan’s ADC / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 12:00am On May 22, 2013
Toluwarni: Male or Female, they should all be detained until they are properly interrogated.. And found not guilty.

GBAM!!!

The law should be fair without racial, religious, ethnic or gender bias.

This is why Nigeria is bleeped up.

Watch bokorats use this to their advantage by sending off innocent women to the "line of duty".

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Winnerslfc(m): 12:01am On May 22, 2013
PHIPEX: A part of me tries to see this as a shocker that shouldn't happen but I am tempted to go with the presidency in this (if it's true). What am not too sure of is if this is coming too early. let's remember that SOE is a means to an end and not the end itself. While it's easy to get sentimental and wish all Boko Haram members dead, I think this is a good strategy where the two doors are open; dialogue and military force, it's left for each member to choose where he wishes to belong. Moreso, considering the North-South divide in this country, it could be another opportunity to prove the gainsayers wrong who think the South has gone to war againt the north. Our ultimate target is not just a temporary peace in this country but peace that will last and to me this isn't a too hard price to pay for it. Military force alone hasn't ended violence in Iraq and Afghanistan, infact our Niger-Delta is more peaceful than both countries today.

In times like this I remember this golden letter by one of the World's greatest leaders when he was faced with this similar situation in his country; a civil war in America.
"I have examined personally all the papers in the Lyons case, and I see that it is a matter for executive interference. So I turn it over to you with full confidence that you will do what is just and right; only begging you, my dear General, to do nothing in reprisal for the past- only what is necessary to ensure security for the future and remind you that we are not fighting against a foreign foe, but our brothers, and that our aim is not to break their spirit but only to bring back their old allegiance. Conquer by kindness- let that be our policy. Very truely yours, Abraham Lincoln."
Finally I found a comment that speaks my mind. Thanks for this.

Nigerians like making noise without reasoning deeply. Carrot and stick method is the way forward.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ayox2003: 12:04am On May 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I dont see anything wrong with releasing women and children. In fact, women and children shouldn't have been detained in the first place because many of them dont even know what their husbands are engaged in. Again, this strategy will help the security forces win more souls in the north in the war against terror. The more people we have on the side of sanity and peace, the better. The indisputable fact is that insurgency cannot be defeated with stick alone. We also need carrots and dialogue[b]I dont see anything wrong with releasing women and children. In fact, women and children shouldn't have been detained in the first place[/b] The release of detained women and children is part of the carrot. In the end, what we need is PEACE.

Only those read the caption will agree with what u wrote here. The sad thing is that u have become a professional in playing mind games on this forum and folks have fallen for it. Let me bust your nine on this one. You wrote "I dont see anything wrong with releasing [size=15pt]women and children[/size]. In fact, [size=15pt]women and children[/size] shouldn't have been detained in the first place" as if those to be released are only women and children.

Now read the bolded below:

The Director of Defence Information, Brig-Gen. Chris Olukolade, said in a statement that the decision to release the suspected terrorists was based on the directives of President Goodluck Jonathan.[/b]

Suspected terrorists was clearly stated here without any gender.

“The measure which is in line with presidential magnanimity to enhance peace efforts in the country will result in freedom for suspects, including all women under custody.

Then the suspects that was said in the earlier statement PLUS all women under custody. We have the suspects and some women under custody.

Only an illiterate will agree with your post. Women and children indeed. Your insincerity is very bullish, Mr Sincere 9gerian.

Frawzey

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 12:09am On May 22, 2013
Was he speaking under the influence? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 12:11am On May 22, 2013
[size=18pt]The measure which is in line with presidential magnanimity to enhance peace efforts in the country will result in freedom for suspects, including all women under custody[/size]

Can someone explain this logic to me? shocked

Preferably Beaf, PointB, Jmaine and all the other employed lap-toppers
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by 1MCN: 12:20am On May 22, 2013
Am not a military strategist. But if in the wisdom of the experts who render advice to Mr President they deem this move fit, appropriate and timely, then may their hope be blessed by Providence.
This whole mess is as a result of the northern insistence on power and dominance but by allowing this to spill to this level I think they shot themselves and their inordinate ambition on the foot.
If GEJ ever wins in this battle and restores considerable peace in this region, he has automatically won the love (and perhaps votes) of the locales there. And then the real bull's eye would be lost by those who brought us to this mess.
However, I'd simply pray, God help our Leaders to bring us to Peace, prosperity and Righteousness. Amen
God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 12:21am On May 22, 2013
One thing i noticed about Nigeria is that WE are all Experts, Pro Analysts, Perfect decision makers and very assertive at making judgement. The irony of this is that MAJORITY of us here on NL have never been involved in Groups or matters that deals with security,crime etc. I believ the President doesn't just wake up and make this pronouncement, i believe he must have GOT his expert advice and also in the spirit of Good Leadership he made such declaration. Let us allow Mr. President to do his Job he was elected to do. The Carrot and Stick approach- which i think he's employing is the best to tackle such crime. The Americans are still bombing iraq, pakistan etc because they think military alone will solve problems. Pls Nlders Let's support the President
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by oshyno(m): 12:24am On May 22, 2013
Those opposed to this move tell me; if ur brother commits a crime and they hv not traced any acomplicity to u, will it be fair to lock u up just like dat ? I think is good the women and children are released including relatives cuz I bet u ur broda cud be a cultist in skul yet u dont know. Soo arresting u 4 a crime he committed to me is not fair.

That aside, all the terrorist captured shud be tried and sentenced to death or life imprisonment cuz I think the legislators hv enacted anti terrorism law recently. Let them be tried cuz more are comming.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by AMvanquish: 12:24am On May 22, 2013
Okworigeorge: No, na mak buhari put d bullet himsef...nw imagine hw many virgins only buhari wan kolet 4rm dos SUSPECTs[d innocent ones]

R u daft! What has buhari got 2 do with dis topic! Some of u need psychatric evaluation ..smh

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 12:27am On May 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

GBAM!!!

The law should be fair without racial, religious, ethnic or gender bias.

This is why Nigeria is bleeped up.

Watch bokorats use this to their advantage by sending off innocent women to the "line of duty".
we need Gods intervention.. LOL 'line of duty' we go soon start to dey see femal Boko harams

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by PECO4KING(m): 12:40am On May 22, 2013
onatisi: this is carrot and stick , by declaring soe he has s how them that fg is not weak and that fg is not afraid to take any measure to restore peace and order but in the long run we cant continue like this we have to find a point where the ppl displaced and those that are innocent will nt be made to suffer anymore. we cant continue killing indefinitely remember it is this same ppl u will still rely on for information about bh,so if u dont make peace with them how will they cooperate with u in future

Bro terrorist no get time to make peace at all.That is why they are called terriorist.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by victorv12(m): 12:45am On May 22, 2013
Are Nigerians not tired of criticizing President Goodluck Jonathan? Why must we antangonize our president for showing clemency to fellow Nigerians?One thing we should all realize, if he fails, we'll end up losing . "President Jonathan Must prevail." I'm tired of critizing him! We should positively see how we can move this country forward. If he fails, Nigeria as a country as failed. God bless the republic!!!
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by tripxx: 12:48am On May 22, 2013
Prez GEJ and his 'guantanamo bay' style. all these men should be prosecuted for the killing of thousands of innocent and helpless Nigerians. boko haram said they are against western education, yet they fire western made guns and use mobile phones. they also use the internet. i bet they watch p.o.r.n online too. they should not be pardoned because their fight is unjust. let justice prevail.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by YorubaFirst: 1:00am On May 22, 2013
mikeansy: As we plan to rehabilitate incacerated suspects

is there any plans to rehabilitate families of victims who lost their loved one?

I believe amnesty to bokoharam should be given in reduced penalty and sentences and not monetary. Monetary compensantion should be paid to families and businesses to compensate injuries, lost lives, lost businesses and properties.

Its a monumental challenge and dissapointing that not everyone will be settled.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Pygru: 4:04am On May 22, 2013
ayox2003:

Only those read the caption will agree with what u wrote here. The sad thing is that u have become a professional in playing mind games on this forum and folks have fallen for it. Let me burst your nine on this one. You wrote "I dont see anything wrong with releasing [size=15pt]women and children[/size]. In fact, [size=15pt]women and children[/size] shouldn't have been detained in the first place" as if those to be released are only women and children.

Now read the bolded below:

Suspected terrorists was clearly stated here without any gender.

Then the suspects that was said in the earlier statement PLUS all women under custody. We have the suspects and some women under custody.

Only an illiterate will agree with your post. Women and children indeed. Your insincerity is very bullish, Mr Sincere 9gerian.

Frawzey
Busted!
grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Parnassuss(m): 4:37am On May 22, 2013
onatisi:
it seems u know more than the sss and other security operatives coordinating all operations that gave the president the green light to go ahead ?
what u dont know that what this gesture means is that the coast is clear , why didn't gej release them before ?now the coast is clear and by releasing them it proves that gej has no hidden agenda this will pacify the northern masses ,it is a well calculated political move and this will also mount pressure on to cease fire

Guy keep quiet abeg, this is NOT the first time GEJ will release BH suspects to emirs, governors and other religious teachers. That was actually the SSS policy up to a point but when they started rearresting people who had supposedly been rehabilitated they piped low on that one.

Wait if releasing terrorist means he doesn't have an agenda would prosecuting them prove otherwise? Haba guy!

Furthermore all those people saying that the government is releasing only women need ro read with glasses. The statement says the govt will release some suspects "including all women" not "only women".

Gej is determined to have this country destroyed before 2015
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by bakila: 4:38am On May 22, 2013
Funny @laptoppers applauding the funny action of oga commnder in chief. Funny at how they are all making it political. 2015 is a very longtime, some people might not even get there. No matter the distraction the question must be answered be answered whether Gej is qualified or not.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Parnassuss(m): 4:44am On May 22, 2013
victorv12: Are Nigerians not tired of criticizing President Goodluck Jonathan? Why must we antangonize our president for showing clemency to fellow Nigerians?One thing we should all realize, if he fails, we'll end up losing . "President Jonathan Must prevail." I'm tired of critizing him! We should positively see how we can move this country forward. If he fails, Nigeria as a country as failed. God bless the republic!!!

Please go to Maiduguri and move it forward. Go there and apply whatever skill u have because it surely in short supply, so don't be a hypocrite my friend lead by example
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by knockturnal(m): 4:54am On May 22, 2013
This Gej sef, u declare SoE and leave d civilians in charge now you arrest these conscienseless pigs and release them
WTFF?!
JTF, una kno watsupp na, stray bullet tins abeg.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by NonFarmPayrol: 5:05am On May 22, 2013
I just hope this is a joke, if not i hope it is being done for the right reasons, unless this move aint doing justice to us undecided
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ikokidesam(m): 5:09am On May 22, 2013
Guyz make una leave gej na. D man dey c more dan any oneof
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Paulonminyi: 5:19am On May 22, 2013
onatisi: this man called gej is good,there could be no other better time to do this than now.carrot and stick solution
stop wat u dnt no, Gej is confuse again. I said b4 wat is happenin 2 our Soldier nobdy nos.dat means Gej is surrender 2 BH. Laugh in Shekau voice on facebook
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ony073: 5:37am On May 22, 2013
Y declaring state of emergency in d 1st place ? Shey if dis BH people dey bomb,did they even think of d gender. Abeg me no like dis move joooor.dis people wants war, den give dem d war.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by mu2sa2: 6:00am On May 22, 2013
Lawyers of conscience should rise in unison and sue this purposeless, corrupt, inhuman gej-led govt that ordered the detention of innocent women and children in squalid conditions for years. Everyone of these people were detained for the sole reason that they are muslim. This illegal detention must not be swept under the carpet- the unfortunate victims that were officially kidnaped on orders of born again posturer must be helped to enforce their fundamental rights under the constitution. God-fearing lawyers over to you - if you allow gej get away with this criminal act,u urselves may be the next victims under this godless so-called democratic govt.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Omen100(m): 6:01am On May 22, 2013
Biafra4tharmy: i dont care about the wives and children of terrorist. They die they die who cares? Its all about 2015 election. The continuation of this insecurity in the north would have given GEj smooth win

And when 1million biafra children was staved to death due to ojukwu's war against the Nigerian state, all you fruitcakes has been shouting genocide & now, the same you are clamouring for genocide, Look at you 4 outside.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nani4all(m): 6:03am On May 22, 2013
Ok
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 6:33am On May 22, 2013
mu2sa2: Lawyers of conscience should rise in unison and sue this purposeless, corrupt, inhuman gej-led govt that ordered the detention of innocent women and children in squalid conditions for years. Everyone of these people were detained for the sole reason that they are muslim. This illegal detention must not be swept under the carpet- the unfortunate victims that were officially kidnaped on orders of born again posturer must be helped to enforce their fundamental rights under the constitution. God-fearing lawyers over to you - if you allow gej get away with this criminal act,u urselves may be the next victims under this godless so-called democratic govt.
SHUT UP YOU BOKO HARAM lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, WHAT DO YOU KNOW... YOU'LL NEVER SUPPORT ANYTHING HE DOES BECAUSE HIS NAME DOESN'T HAVE ABDUL, SULEIMAN OR MUHAMMED IN IT..WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS. NO BE RAPIST YOU BE

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by bakynes(m): 6:36am On May 22, 2013
This is a wrong move by the presidency to release terrorists when the war is still on.Bokoharam can never be eradicated completely bcoz these terrorist groups teach their kids about violence under the banner of hate for Western Education.So therefore, these kids will grow with this values and take up arms.After this war against Terror in the North,the religious leaders then needs to reorientate these kids and teach them in the true way of Islam.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by 1121: 6:36am On May 22, 2013
Biafra4tharmy: GEJ is not a good strategist.he wil never get northern votes come 2015. He would hav focus on middle belt, south east, south south and south. Then he should have kept the North under military occupation until 2015, hence destroying their voting power. Thousands wil flee.
Do u mean he should keep the north under military operations till 2015 inorder to reduce their population by half and make the majority of them become a refugee in niger republic and chad. Guy, u wicked. Loolz
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by CUIzundu(m): 6:40am On May 22, 2013
Evil begets evil, y must it b women that they'll release Whereas they cook n feed d B.H? Do u have any idea of Lives these B.H has taken? There's a penalty 4 terrorist... If they were 2 kill d men (BH) I suggest they retain d women cus they can't deny knowing wot their husband does... GEJ I suggest u lock them down till dis whole thing gets better, they won't even vote 4 u even if u share then a million pounds after releasing them... For once be Justified
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Emperor007: 6:49am On May 22, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
Dude, we're talking about terrorists here. They're not normal people. Lincoln didn't fight Al'Qaeda, Haqqani or the Taliban.

^^^

Exactly the difference between both scenario. That ( Lincon ) option may not apply here.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Afritop(m): 6:57am On May 22, 2013
PEOPLE LIKE ONATISI ARE THE ONES THAT THINK GEJ IS A GENIUS. Concerning his replies to some comments, it shows that he has no idea of the Nigerian political and economic situation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Accuses Bankole Of Planning To Dump Party / I Won’t Allow Nigeria To Be Dismembered -buhari / Nigeria To Address Security Issues That Led To Visa Restrictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.