Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists (23748 Views)

Court Orders Release Of Jonathan’s ADC / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan / Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Sweetlemon(f): 9:37am On May 22, 2013
texaco1:
do u believe gej will release terrorists?pls understand the information very well.they are not releasing kabiru sokoto or others like that,in the wake of this problem lots of people were picked up and detained and during the crackdown lots of women or families were rounded up and detained ,now most of them had been in detention for months ithout trial and they are innocent many just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time ,may God save us.after thorough investigation the sss and military police and all intelligence agencies have been able to identify the innocent and the guilty ones,so pls tell me why should they still be detained and locked up for no crime.
secondly this issue had been one of the requests and conditions for peace given by boko haram and its sponsors that their women are been abused and locked up by the army and that it wll start killing school children as retaliation which they did by killing waec candidates lately
thirdly ppl must understand that this decison was arrived at aafter meet with the senate president ,house of reps,miltary cheifs and local leaders in the north ,gej doesnt just sleep and wakes up to do thing unilaterally,he has to make consultations,this move if carried out will put a lot on pressure on the northern elders and leaders to call boko haram to order.this war cant continue .if care isnt taken the northern boys in the army and barracks may start grumbling.there are so many issues related to this release most ppl here just saw the heading and never bother to read or understand what the action is all about
Excuze moi, but if I remember correctly, there have been countless stories of captured terrorist escaping miraculously right under the noses of the SSS. How can you explain that?
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Rednose: 9:43am On May 22, 2013
mu2sa2: . Gej must answer for this flagrant violation of the constitutional rights of these women and children. In office or out he wont go scott-free. Happily the nigeria bar assoc gombe branch is already looking at cases of violtion of human rights under soe in the noth east, hopefully those people`s lawyers will take up the case of these unfortunate muslim women and children persecuted by gej because of their faith.

Musa, did you protest when our fellow Nigerians who were on their way home were bombed in Kano motor park, did you? I am against the violation of human rights of any persons muslim or otherwise. However, I try to be objective and non-biased in every way. So tell me, did not our murdered fellow Nigerians have HUMAN RIGHTS as well?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 9:45am On May 22, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Excuse moi, but if I remember correctly, there have been countless stories of captured terrorist escaping miraculously. How can you explain than?
madam pls kindly tell me which of them havent been captured and arrested again?pls kindly name one.lots of things are going on that u dont know ,the anger of ppl is understandable but u must also know that nigeria is a complex and peculiar country,things have to be done to appease both the north and south,if care is not taken this problem is capable of snowballing into a bigger problem.just like u have wisely suggested lets give MR PRESIDENT A CHANCE.he will deliver on this one trust me
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Sweetlemon(f): 9:50am On May 22, 2013
texaco1:
madam pls kindly tell me which of them havent been captured and arrested again?pls kindly name one.lots of things are going on that u dont know ,the anger of ppl is understandable but u must also know that nigeria is a complex and peculiar country,things have to be done to appease both the north and south,if care is not taken this problem is capable of snowballing into a bigger problem.just like u have wisely suggested lets give MR PRESIDENT A CHANCE.he will deliver on this one trust me

No I can't mention because I lost hope in the whole thing after hearing too much bullcrap! All I know is that arresting evil, deadly, criminals releasing them and then making a show of rearresting them again after they have already gone to cause more havoc and pain does not make an iota of sense no matter how much I wish it could
And like I said, I will wait till the end of the year before I decide whether this is a good move or the most retarded thing the most retarded person could ever do!
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 9:54am On May 22, 2013
Sweetlemon:

No I can't mention because I lost hope in the whole thing after hearing too much bullcrap! All I know is that arresting evil, deadly, criminals releasing them and then making a show of rearresting them again after they have already gone to cause more havoc and pain does not make an iota of sense no matter how much I wish it could
And like I said, I will wait till the end of the year before I decide whether this is a good move or the most retarded thing the most retarded person could ever do!
i understand ur anger but lets be hopeful and prayerful and by the grace of God nigeria will be great again
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by jmaine: 10:01am On May 22, 2013
Sweetlemon:

You can't mention one cos you knew you were unnecessarily at your best exaggerating issues to no where

Aside the recaptured Kabiru Sokoto fiasco which involved the Nig police . .No one suspect has escaped "Miraculously" from detention Aside the Daring jail breaks from BH sect members . .

You can now suck in your whines and debate objectively . . .
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Sweetlemon(f): 10:05am On May 22, 2013
texaco1:
i understand ur anger but lets be hopeful and prayerful and by the grace of God nigeria will be great again
Amen!
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by otunbacymbal(m): 10:08am On May 22, 2013
Why is it that you are so confused Mr president,after putting the lives of all these soldiers in line,you turn around now to release the evil people.Dose politic make people all that senseless.Please my fellow citizen,what would have made Jonathan to wake up this morning and made this kind of decision.This has brought me to the conclusion that both Jonathan and the northern leaders knows what is really happening in Nigeria.But is so hearth breaking that Jonathan dose not value the lives and properties of his citizens.Our confidence is that even when every thing fails,the God we serve can never fail us.Nigerians put your trust in God and forget about every other person in this country called Nigeria,

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Immortality(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2013
PHIPEX: A part of me tries to see this as a shocker that shouldn't happen but I am tempted to go with the presidency in this (if it's true). What am not too sure of is if this is coming too early. let's remember that SOE is a means to an end and not the end itself. While it's easy to get sentimental and wish all Boko Haram members dead, I think this is a good strategy where the two doors are open; dialogue and military force, it's left for each member to choose where he wishes to belong. Moreso, considering the North-South divide in this country, it could be another opportunity to prove the gainsayers wrong who think the South has gone to war againt the north. Our ultimate target is not just a temporary peace in this country but peace that will last and to me this isn't a too hard price to pay for it. Military force alone hasn't ended violence in Iraq and Afghanistan, infact our Niger-Delta is more peaceful than both countries today.

In times like this I remember this golden letter by one of the World's greatest leaders when he was faced with this similar situation in his country; a civil war in America.
"I have examined personally all the papers in the Lyons case, and I see that it is a matter for executive interference. So I turn it over to you with full confidence that you will do what is just and right; only begging you, my dear General, to do nothing in reprisal for the past- only what is necessary to ensure security for the future and remind you that we are not fighting against a foreign foe, but our brothers, and that our aim is not to break their spirit but only to bring back their old allegiance. Conquer by kindness- let that be our policy. Very truely yours, Abraham Lincoln."

This statement can only apply to Biafra and Niger Delta not Boko Haram
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Kx: 10:24am On May 22, 2013
Wives of terror supects to be released.

In other words, dead victims of terrorism died in vain.

Why are we always quick to do anything for peace without a single effort at justice?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Rednose: 10:27am On May 22, 2013
[quote author=texaco1]
after thorough investigation the sss and military police and all intelligence agencies have been able to identify the innocent and the guilty ones,so pls tell me why should they still be detained and locked up for no crime.
texaco1, kindly provide the source of this information.

secondly this issue had been one of the requests and conditions for peace given by boko haram and its sponsors that their women are been abused and locked up by the army and that it wll start killing school children as retaliation which they did by killing waec candidates lately
Is it prudent to negotiate with terrorists? You hunt them down and kill them!

thirdly ppl must understand that this decison was arrived at aafter meet with the senate president ,house of reps,miltary cheifs and local leaders in the north ,
Well, majority of Nairalanders don't like this decision. Too many Nigerians have died to justify the decision! Too many...
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by mu2sa2: 10:27am On May 22, 2013
Rednose:

Musa, did you protest when our fellow Nigerians who were on their way home were bombed in Kano motor park, did you? I am against the violation of human rights of any persons muslim or otherwise. However, I try to be objective and non-biased in every way. So tell me, did not our murdered fellow Nigerians have HUMAN RIGHTS as well?
What right hav u to ascribe a name to me? See urself, u will now claim it was given to u in a vision! Ah, i see, u are one of them.
Innocent people were killed in Kano, yes.They should go and get the terrorists who did it. Why bundled innocent women and children including babies into inhuman detention camp for years? Even zionists dont commit such atrocities against palestinians, neither the American in Afghanistan. But in this phoney democracy atrocities are committed and questionable characters are on NL defending evil of the worst dimension.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Immortality(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2013
Jonathan Is Confused and God will punish him, the blood of Boko Haram victims are on hid head and his generations will die young and die by bullets and bombs.
Why Boko Haram bomb innocent Nigerians for no reasonable cause= Jonathan set up amnesty committe= Boko Haram reject anesty,s aid its Jonathan that needs one from them=Jonathan declare SOE=soldiers invade bok haram spots=Boko Haram fires back Kill 3 soldiers, shot at Air Force Plane= soldiers capture some Boko Haram=SOE still on going= and Jonathan orders release of captures Boko Haram?=he is realy confused God help Nigeria, every Nigerian is just on their own, in the Jungle, survival of the fithest, you die, you die no goverment cares for you. it is pathetic-------------
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Rednose: 10:43am On May 22, 2013
mu2sa2:
Innocent people were killed in Kano, yes.They should go and get the terrorists who did it. Why bundled innocent women and children including babies into inhuman detention camp for years?

It's really unfortunate, but when bringing down hard criminals, sometimes the innocent go down too. How innocent are these people anyway? You all saw HUMAN BEINGS being slaughtered, and you people were quiet. You know them and you do not inform the police? Good muslims in Kenya protected a church targeted for bombing! What have you done in the North However, my questions to are yet to be answered. You were quiet when churches were bombed, travellers roasted, the list goes on. Now you are protesting against the human rights of muslim women and children. Come to the South West and see northerners and northern muslims living in AMAZING PEACE, yet other Nigerians, christians and non-northerners have been forced to leave property and move back home. My fellow Nigerian, don't be biased toward a particular group!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Btruth: 11:01am On May 22, 2013
Biafra4tharmy: i dont care about the wives and children of terrorist. They die they die who cares? Its all about 2015 election. The continuation of this insecurity in the north would have given GEj smooth win

Senseless talk.....could you please leave this forum to create space for sensible folks to contribute?
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by hassey(m): 11:13am On May 22, 2013
Toluwarni: Male or Female, they should all be detained until they are properly interrogated.. And found not guilty.
and wat make u feel dos ppl arrested are not inocent! Cus d so call jtf are found of killing and arresting inocent citizens all in d name of trying to prove dey ar working
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by 2ruink(m): 11:19am On May 22, 2013
give no holy thing to dogs
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Sweetlemon(f): 11:20am On May 22, 2013
jmaine:

You can't mention one cos you knew you were unnecessarily at your best exaggerating issues to no where

Aside the recaptured Kabiru Sokoto fiasco which involved the Nig police . .No one suspect has escaped "Miraculously" from detention Aside the Daring jail breaks from BH sect members . .

You can now suck in your whines and debate objectively . . .

Look who's talking about objectivity. See, if I weren't objective I would have joined the bandwagon and downrightly criticized this move as well. But I am willing to give it till the end of the year, after the effects would have manifested
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by texaco1: 11:50am On May 22, 2013
The directive given to security agencies
by President Goodluck Jonathan to
release Boko Haram-related detainees
does not cover arrested insurgents, it
has been explained.
Throwing light on yesterday’s statement by Director of Defence
Information, Brigadier General Chris
Olukolade, which sparked an outcry
across the country, sources close to
Aso Rock, the Nigerian seat of power,
a source said the presidential directive to covers only those held in lieu of
escaped Boko Haram members. The
source there was no way President
Jonathan could have ordered the
release of confirmed terrorists since
that would negate the on-going war against terror which necessitated the
imposition of emergency rule in
Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.
Announcing the presidential directive,
Brig.-Gen. Olukolade had disclosed
the country’s Defence Headquarters would “be releasing from detention a
number of persons being held in
connection with terrorist activities.” He
said the action was “consequent upon
the directives of the President,
Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria” and that “the move
is in furtherance of the Federal
Government position in response to
requests by the Presidential
Committee on Dialogue and
Reconciliation.” According to Olukolade, “The measure
which is in line with Presidential
magnanimity to enhance peace efforts
in the country will result in freedom
for suspects including all women
under custody.”
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 22, 2013
sakaguchi:
AS USUAL, IMMEDIATELY AFTER BEING HAILED FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING (the first he has done since 2012) JONATHAN COMES OUT AND SHOOTS HIMSELF AT THE LEG... HOW PATHETIC!!! Jonathan IS BACK AGAIN....one step forward, 60 steps back mtchwwwwww!!!

finally
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by mu2sa2: 12:44pm On May 22, 2013
Rednose:

It's really unfortunate, but when bringing down hard criminals, sometimes the innocent go down too. How innocent are these people anyway? You all saw HUMAN BEINGS being slaughtered, and you people were quiet. You know them and you do not inform the police? Good muslims in Kenya protected a church targeted for bombing! What have you done in the North However, my questions to are yet to be answered. You were quiet when churches were bombed, travellers roasted, the list goes on. Now you are protesting against the human rights of muslim women and children. Come to the South West and see northerners and northern muslims living in AMAZING PEACE, yet other Nigerians, christians and non-northerners have been forced to leave property and move back home. My fellow Nigerian, don't be biased toward a particular group!!
What's ur point? The same people police and soldiers are clamping into detention should at the same time "inform" them about boko haram, even if they know nothing about boko haram. The deliberate dehumanization of these innocent women and children is a heinous crime for which those responsible will account for one day.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by mu2sa2: 12:44pm On May 22, 2013
Rednose:

What's ur point? The same people police and soldiers are clamping into detention should at the same time "inform" them about boko haram, even if they know nothing about boko haram!
The deliberate dehumanization of these innocent women and children is a heinous crime for which those responsible will account for one day.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by UgChris(m): 12:56pm On May 22, 2013
mikeansy:

Thats not strategy, that's tactics! Tactics win you battles, strategy win you wars! You can win battles but loose the war!

Jonathan has lately been prosecuting the war against Boko Haram with the toughness and grace the problem deserves and I think he is doing just fine. Whoever he has been listening to lately he should keep listening to the person as far as BH is concerned.

You are perfectly correct and I am of the same school of thought with you. Ordering the release of wives and children wasn't a bad step if you ask me...
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by ekoileee: 1:24pm On May 22, 2013
This daft president just shit on the honor and memory of the brave men we lost on the battle field, they died for nothing, they died while on a foolish errand dictated incompetent and confused leadership with flawed sense of reasoning and dispositions.

Why bother starting this war and sending our military to the battle field? Why didn't he make it clear to Nigerians that this is a catch and release operation?.

This is a new low for this goofball president.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by akaOpene(m): 1:34pm On May 22, 2013
This may be a strategy to draw those terriorists who are still at large into a net since they seem to value their wives and kids.I believe those women & children will be under constant surveilance with the hope that they can lead the security agents to their fathers & brother haramites.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by jmaine: 2:01pm On May 22, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Look who's talking about objectivity. See, if I weren't objective I would have joined the bandwagon and downrightly criticized this move as well. But I am willing to give it till the end of the year, after the effects would have manifested

My case with you is very simple, avoid needless exaggeration of established facts . . .
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by hapson: 3:17pm On May 22, 2013
This group of terrorists are just playing with Fed.Govt. For christ sake. those that killed are now asking to be freed before any negotiation, that's absurd.
Re: Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists by barroymails: 4:19pm On May 22, 2013
Oh! Pity Jonathan! The man has contacted Boko Haramistic disease, a jihadistic disease that makes you to come under the control of Boko Haram members. You contact the disease through contact with evil forces masquerading as ACF, NEF, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s COP28 Delegation Is Largest In Africa — And Same As China’s / PDP Accuses Bankole Of Planning To Dump Party / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.