Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos (5955 Views)

Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA / Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests / Unmanned Attack Drones And New Fighter Jets Deployed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by naptu2: 10:55am On May 22, 2013
Amebor 1 and Amebor 2 flying from Sam Etinan Base Ikeja to Legico Victoria Island?
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by naptu2: 11:06am On May 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by Caracta(f): 11:18am On May 22, 2013
dridowu: Dou yet 2 c anytin, but i will watch out 4 dat. Dnt mind dos abusing, by d tme dy c it wit dr korokoro eyes, dy wil apologies

grin grin grin wink
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by Jakumo(m): 11:47am On May 22, 2013
naptu2: Does it look anything like this?

That is a good educational picture of a Nigerian airforce drone, but the manner of flight described by the poster, who spoke of the craft darting between buildings after hovering motionless over the street, rules out fixed-wing airplanes like the one shown in your picture.

There is absolutely no question that the craft sighted in Lagos was a remote-controlled multi-rotor HELICPOTER, and not an airplane, which CANNOT hover in one spot. The operator may have been nearby, or even several miles away, depending on the radio and video signal transmission equipment used aboard the craft. These highly maneuverable craft are the urban police patrol cars of the future, and they do have the capacity to record crimes in progress with High Definition video cameras whose crystal clear footage is suitable as court evidence in criminal prosecutions.
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:21pm On May 22, 2013
nothing to report sir.
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by EveryLadY(f): 3:23pm On May 22, 2013
naptu2: Does it look anything like this?

Amebor 1

[

I have always respected intelligence anywhere I see it.Ur post do show u belong to the "INTELLIGENTSIA"generation of this country.thank u.
And for those making mockery of the poster,my question is:"must u show ur childishness online?"
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by omiobo: 3:57pm On May 22, 2013
I believe the object the OP is trying to describe exist but I'm trying to believe if it exist in Nigeria. I have watched a documentary on a small object like helicopter for surveillance with a remote control.
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by cvibe2: 5:24pm On May 22, 2013
Op,

You probably saw a small remote controlled plane or helicopter...its sold for about $1000 . I saw someone carrying one at one of the MMA arrival halls earlier this year visit www.extremeflightrc.com/ or www.parkflyers.com
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 22, 2013
Area boys never see the thing? If the drone come my area, i swear e go lost!
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by Rockcalvary(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2013
Fellow Nigerians, abeg make una ₪☺ vex, but ‎​И̣̣̣̥a me get am. It is a commercial version of the US drones used for surveillance purposes. ¶ send am go help me check weda LASTMA dey road. ¶ ₪☺ know say e go fear una uncivilized people. Accept my apologies =D
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by stevecantrell: 8:50pm On May 22, 2013
sheyie2007: It's a surveillance drone dummies sad

Well I hope its not armed and competent hands are at the controls, not the Nigerian Police.
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by kelvin4love(m): 11:10pm On May 22, 2013
Stop:my dear friend if you have been using the internet since it advent and you have not made a dime online,then you will start making cool cash today,kindly send a mail with the subject "give me the money making secret" to

wemakingmoneythisyear.kelvin@gmail.com.

or go to http://suredailymoneymaking..com

----WARNING----
Do not send a mail if your parents are still feeding you,
Do not send a mail if you do not have plans for your financial future.
Do not send a mail if you not ready to change things.
----BE WARNED----
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by Nobody: 7:54am On May 25, 2013
kelvin4love: Stop:my dear friend if you have been using the internet since it advent and you have not made a dime online,then you will start making cool cash today,kindly send a mail with the subject "give me the money making secret" to

wemakingmoneythisyear.kelvin@gmail.com.

or go to http://suredailymoneymaking..com

----WARNING----
Do not send a mail if your parents are still feeding you,
Do not send a mail if you do not have plans for your financial future.
Do not send a mail if you not ready to change things.
----BE WARNED----

ODE LE LEHIN.... OMO ELE JATI JATI!!
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by playahP(m): 10:27am On May 25, 2013
Could it be the us drone already
Hehehehehehe!!
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by PStacks(m): 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
icebeatz:
Please i want to know if anyone staying within or outside lagos state has spotted a really small (unmanned) object that looks like an helicopter or a really small cessna plane flying around lagos.

I have seen it twice around the ikeja metropolis (precisely isaac john street and computer village side).... it flies at a really low altitude and i havent been able to get a picture of it..... the first time i saw it, my brother actually made fun of me but on monday, while we were stuck in traffic light, we saw the same object again and this time before i could bring out my camera to snap, it was already lost among the tall buildings.

So i want to know if any nairalander seen the same object or if there is any explanation.....

i doubt its a toy cos i saw it the first time around computer village
and the second time withing G.R.A. ikeja. ..... smiley

Spy Drones.

Maybe they could be security apparatus. Who knows?
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by EdDave(m): 7:29am On May 08, 2015
Surveillance drones, people. And no, they are not as expensive as you think. Stop magnifying ur ignorance.
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by aorganics92(m): 1:04am On Oct 08, 2021
Might be a super high tech Drone or little plane.
Re: Small unmanned object Flying Around Lagos by udede(m): 1:22am On Oct 08, 2021
Those are Nigeria's creditors surveying the country to know areas of possible take over.

This country is technically a colony now. Make una dey approve loans dey go. Mad people every where

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike Tenders Letter Of Resignation / See Photo: Woman Undressed By Police While Being Arrested / Nepotism Alert: Update Of Buhari's Lopsided Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.