Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church (14088 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Where Are Those WHEELCHAIRS Used For Healing In The SCOAN Now? They Are Needed / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by esere826: 2:04pm On May 26, 2013
Lovine: I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.

I believe that healing exists
however, i believe that it is a function of man
I have never read anywhere in the bible where someone was taking a stroll, and just got healed like that

As a christian, i believe, that God made everything
and that for him there is no difference in 'miracle' between your ability to eat and your ability to grow a new limb
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 26, 2013
I see this as a continuation of an argument brought in from an unknown thread
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 26, 2013
@Op it is not gift of healing BUT "Gifts of healing" 1cor 12:9
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 26, 2013
akandea: The issue of laying of hands performing miracles and speaking in tongues has been an issue people need to check d bible for explanation. It ceased with the death of the last Apostle and there was a prophecy that they will end 1 cor 13:8-13;Acts 8:15-20. Speaking in tongues is speaking another person dialect without having prior knowledge of the language not the ba ba ba we hear nowadays. Search d bible pls
If they'll give attention to this they'll learn better.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by HARDDON: 2:23pm On May 26, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^^^^^^^^ And the thread comes to an abrupt end. Knowing that you, bassey, opened the thread to know demi's position on healing, abi?

I think the fear is that there is so much abuse and Satan revels in deceiving people with these signs and wonders show biz. Nonetheless, biblical doctrine shows that healing do occur and we can all trust God for some of these interventions in our walk through life and even to help us in ministry to the world.

Peace.

Jesus walked the streets with compassion and healing all that were oppressed.
and when he was leaving, sent his disciples out for same cause.

they wrought diverse miracles through the help of the holy spirit, so much that even peter's shadow could heal the sick.

.....there are true men of God out there. men called of God to point men the right way. all through history he had these called set aside men to minister.

our time is no different. and because we all have different measures of faith brought about by different understanding levels, these truly set aside men, could be called into certain situations not all. to heal and to deliver.

a lion who has lived all his life like a rabbit needs some forms of awakening.

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 26, 2013
We should recognize that all healing ultimately comes from God, whether it is through a doctor's care or the body's natural healing processes.

The gifts of healing do not negate doctors. However, we should be aware that supernatural healing, a physician's care, and the body's natural ability to heal are distinct channels of healing. The first comes from another world, the second only assists the healing ability that our creator has placed within our own bodies, and the third is an inbuilt capacity.

In addition, there is a distinction between gifts of healing and our receiving healing by exercising faith in scriptures that state the Jesus desire to heal us.

We should also NOTE that we cannot make gifts of healing, or any of the gifts, operate according to our own wills.

They are given only according to the will of the HOLY SPIRIT, and we should maintain an open mind to receive whatever gift He may give us. Shalom
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 26, 2013
Guys where i fit play BABA IJEBU online? please link me up grin grin grin
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by damosky12(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2013
shdemidemi: I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.
shdemidemi: I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.
hmmm, MY PEOPLE PERISH BECAUSE THEY LACK KNOWLEDGE-Hosea 4:6. Sir, go and study :Mark 16:18, John 14:12, Acts 3:1-8. OTHERS, NEVER ACCEPT ANYTHING THAT IS NOT BACKED UP BY THE WORD. Never!!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by dapojaja(m): 3:22pm On May 26, 2013
damosky12: [b][/b]
hmmm, MY PEOPLE PERISH BECAUSE THEY LACK KNOWLEDGE-Hosea 4:6. Sir, go and study :Mark 16:18, John 14:12, Acts 3:1-8. OTHERS, NEVER ACCEPT ANYTHING THAT IS NOT BACKED UP BY THE WORD. Never!!

Matthews 7:21 " Noe everyone who says to Me, ' Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 " Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? 23 "And then I will declare to them,' I never knew you, depart from Me, you workers of iniquity!"

How is the above bible quotes correspond with with your quote? if i ask whether u are workers of iniquity, and d same question goes for ur pastor at christ embassy and TB Joshua and d pple at Cherubim $ Seraphim, i can effectively speculate that all answers are one and d same. Obviously u need to unlearn and relearn the bible.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 26, 2013
I even heard there is a school in Nija called healing school,
JOB said I will wait until my change comes,
Nobody can force God to do to aside HIS appointed time.
My broda will always say is only d desperate dat falls in2 d hands of deceit pastors, he also said he will keep d little money he has than spending it in d hands of so called men of solution.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by damosky12(m): 3:35pm On May 26, 2013
dapojaja:

Matthews 7:21 " Noe everyone who says to Me, ' Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 " Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? 23 "And then I will declare to them,' I never knew you, depart from Me, you workers of iniquity!"

How is the above bible quotes correspond with with your quote? if i ask whether u are workers of iniquity, and d same question goes for ur pastor at christ embassy and TB Joshua and d pple at Cherubim $ Seraphim, i can effectively speculate that all answers are one and d same. Obviously u need to unlearn and relearn the bible.

Ah dun get 1% of what u are xaying. Its nt compulsory u reply me. Read the scripture I posted.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by joe4christ(m): 3:57pm On May 26, 2013
What is the argument all about self?
Jesus said ''Greater works shall you do also cos i go to my father'' so why doubting the word of The Creator himself?
The problem of we christians of this generation is that we are too sentimental and insensitive to truth.
We love deception and will do everything withen our power to reject truth even when the evidence is staring us right on our faces.
Most of you here would still turn 'blind eyes' even if your own family member should experience supernatural healing of a deformity that had lived with him or her for decades.
You would still act as if nothing ever happened and still argue this same issue on this thread, though u are a living witness that it actually do exist.
Self-delusion is the worst sickness of the mind that ever exist.

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by frevangel(m): 4:08pm On May 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

bro, why are you relating spiritual things to earthly ones

'look at rm5: says, "they that recieve the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness, shall REIGN in life" we reign over sickness bro by actually NOT praying for but command healing'

How could you say this, how does gift of grace and righteousness give yo reign over sickness. Help me with where Christ could not heal because of unbelief. You adding to the word of god, its not nice to do that. If Peter had that same power, you would wonder why he didn't ask God to do something when he was about to die. You would wonder why Paul said this if he still had all the power you are talking about.

17 Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.

Mark 6:5 Jesus could not work any miracles there, except to heal a few sick people by placing his hands on them.
Mark 6:6 He was surprised that the people did not have any faith. Jesus taught in all the neighboring villages.

It is true that many "preachers" have taught healing and miracles wrongly, some have totally commercialize it but that does not mean it has stopped.

Why will any man believe in taking medical treatment and get well but find it difficult to believe God for one. Who created the plants and source of the medicine?

The TRUE PROBLEM is the lack of understanding of the word of God. That is what makes the commercialization of healing and miracle thrive.

I believe in miracle, I believe in healing, I believe a Christian (pastor or member) can pray for the sick incuding himself and there will be healing. However, I do not think any "MOG" has more access to the power of God to heal than any other Spirit filled believer.
There is nothing wrong if a Christian goes to a 'pastor' to pray for him but the Christian should grow up to the point where that is no longer necessary.
Paul taught and encouraged believers to grow up. Galatians 5:1-4; Ephesians 4:11-14; Hebrew 5:12-14;

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by redsun(m): 4:15pm On May 26, 2013
Healing is psychological.If you believe you are healed and take all the necessary steps to remain healed,you will be healed.

It is a case of mind over matter.It is all in the mind.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by ifebosco: 4:20pm On May 26, 2013
obyrich:
He needs proofs. Perhaps it will help his disbelief. Not a barrage of derogatory words. Mountebanks perform 'signs and wonders' to men of shallow reasoning. You need an inquisitive mind and deep spiritual insight to separate true christian practice from the ever pervasive occultic practices which is fast spreading across the churches now.
please if you know any pastor or fetish (juju)that can perform any super natural powers let me know, im going to invest on that person so that we can go all around the world performing and making money.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 4:25pm On May 26, 2013
@ christembbassy

Some people are saying that there is nothing like healing and the gift of healing in the church today. But the bible says- "and these rigns shall follow them that believe[size=18pt]......18.......,[/size] they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover" (Mark 16:17-18.

why do you edit the bolded portion? you quoted mark 16:17-18, but erase/edit the bolded in the same verse that you quoted,which are also part of signs that will follow them,

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18[size=18pt] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them[/size]; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

lets see an open manifestation of this to apostle paul;

Acts 28:4-7
Good News Translation

4 The natives saw the snake hanging on Paul's hand and said to one another, “This man must be a murderer, but Fate will not let him live, even though he escaped from the sea.” 5 But Paul shook the snake off into the fire without being harmed at all. 6 They were waiting for him to swell up or suddenly fall down dead. But after waiting for a long time and not seeing anything unusual happening to him, they changed their minds and said, “He is a god!”

we hear stories of healings today,we also see stagemanaged ones too, but in all these, we never saw a situation like the serpent foretold 'to follow them', why? lets leave maybe one believe miracle or not,im a christian but we need explanations to these above.

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by joe4christ(m): 4:25pm On May 26, 2013
redsun: Healing is psychological.If you believe you are healed and take all the necessary steps to remain healed,you will be healed.

It is a case of mind over matter.It is all in the mind.

So it's now the issue of mind over matter right?
Meaning it's all about the psychological stand of that individual and it has nothing to do with no supernatural influence hmmm?
Clearify pls!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by redsun(m): 4:29pm On May 26, 2013
joe4christ:

So it's now the issue of mind over matter right?
Meaning it's all about the psychological stand of that individual and it has nothing to do with no supernatural influence hmmm?
Clearify pls!

Do you know that the mere things you eat can either kill you or keep you alive?Just food.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by UyiIredia(m): 4:40pm On May 26, 2013
christemmbassey: Some people are saying that there is nothing like healing and the gift of healing in the church today. But the bible says- "and these rigns shall follow them that believe......18......., they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover" (Mark 16:17-18.

Please no abuse or name calling, lets listen to Paul in 2tim2:24-26 and Titus 3:2-6. Lets set the ball rolling- and God bless.

That's assuming the precedent. We need a clear cut case of healing. Below is the picture of my Dad . . . bed-ridden due to partial stroke for almost 4 years now. People from our family's church have prayed to no avail, pastors have prayed to no avail, I prayed to no avail. Now let's see if God will heed your prayer.

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by mintyx(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2013
joe4christ: What is the argument all about self?
Jesus said ''Greater works shall you do also cos i go to my father'' so why doubting the word of The Creator himself?
The problem of we christians of this generation is that we are too sentimental and insensitive to truth.
We love deception and will do everything withen our power to reject truth even when the evidence is staring us right on our faces.
Most of you here would still turn 'blind eyes' even if your own family member should experience supernatural healing of a deformity that had lived with him or her for decades.
You would still act as if nothing ever happened and still argue this same issue on this thread, though u are a living witness that it actually do exist.
Self-delusion is the worst sickness of the mind that ever exist.

Mine is that, if we have these powers, then why are there still cripples in our midst? Jesus healed as much that came his way and the gifts of the holy spirit is meant for the benefit of all so wetin dey happn
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 26, 2013
christemmbassey: Some people are saying that there is nothing like healing and the gift of healing in the church today. But the bible says- "and these rigns shall follow them that believe......18......., they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover" (Mark 16:17-18.

Please no abuse or name calling, lets listen to Paul in 2tim2:24-26 and Titus 3:2-6. Lets set the ball rolling- and God bless.

I see that you have cleverly edited Mark16: 17-18, here is what what verse 18 said:18 "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." This has to be fully quoted to put it in context.

A lot of preachers have done what the op did here which is to omit part of the verse they find abhorrent or unable to comply with. This verse has been used to deceive Nigerians. If you have faith according to this verse, you'll handle snakes, drink poison and nothing will happen to you. Not just laying hands and healing. You have to be able to do all three deeds.

Before you call me names, read your Bible and comprehend the context. How many Nigeria fake sorry faith healers have been able to handle snakes or drink poison?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by UyiIredia(m): 5:10pm On May 26, 2013
mintyx:

Mine is that, if we have these powers, then why are there still cripples in our midst? Jesus healed as much that came his way and the gifts of the holy spirit is meant for the benefit of all so wetin dey happn

As a matter of fact the lack of consistency in getting miracles is one reason for skepticism. One can't even make a public demonstration of a miracle such as raising a dead man or healing an amputee.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 26, 2013
If you can't handle snakes and drink poison without harm, you can't perform any healing according to Mark 16:18.

In October 1998, the Knoxville News-Sentinel ran the following story:

"One of the prominent leaders of snake-handling churches in the Southeast died October 3 after being bitten by a rattlesnake during a church service at the Rock House Holiness Church in rural northeastern Alabama. John Wayne "Punkin" Brown, Jr., of Parrottsville, Tennessee, was preaching with his own 3-foot-long timber rattler in hand when the reptile sank one fang into his finger.

Mr. Brown's wife, Melinda, had died three years earlier from a rattlesnake bite received at the Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name Church in Middlesboro, Kentucky. The Browns left behind five young children. The Brown's had been bitten dozens of times prior to the fatal bites."

Some people might say this man and his wife were dummies but they were following the Biblical injunctions to the letter albeit to their own detriment. Please folks don't be fooled!

For me to believe that you can do faith healing you must take "otapia pia" in my presence, handle a spitting cobra and if no harm comes to you, I will then believe you can heal the sick. Anything else is pure deceit.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Lovine: 5:18pm On May 26, 2013
Being alive is what i consider to be a miracle and being healthy is a way of my life(exercises, healthy food and drinks etc) I will believe your pastors got the power to heal if someone i knew blind or cripple receive such healing but for now you guys are just speculating. Miracle does not exist.[b][/b]

So unless you see you will not believe? Ok you will be heal of dumbness so that you will believe.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 26, 2013

Why must we listen to paul's delusive messages?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 26, 2013
MY QUESTION IS THIS
EVERY YEAR THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE R HEALED
MANY MORE R RESSURECTED FROM THE DEAD
IN CRUSADES, HEALING SERVICES, SERVICES, ETC
WHY IS IT THAT IN SPITE OF THESE WONDERS embarassed
ONE IS YET TO MEET A MAN /WOMAN ON THE STREETS
WHO WAS SICK OR DEAD AND IS NOW ALIVE/WELL
A PRODUCT OF THESE HEALINGS?

2 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by anonimi: 5:47pm On May 26, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: There's true healing in the Church. I mean healing from God.

And why do you think God is limited by space to ONLY heal "in the church"?
Is God no longer OMNIPRESENT

Try and read the conversation between Jesus and the Samarritan woman by the well in John 4?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by anonimi: 5:54pm On May 26, 2013
obyrich:
Exactly. Pastors do the same thing. They see a doctor when they fall sick too. Only gullible people get stampeded to death where they are struggling for holy/anointing water!

Meanwhile the same pastor go they form holy holy powerman sey im fit do healing for others. I guess it is necessary for their scamming business that is dressed up in religious-ness.

And gullible people plenty yanfu yanfu. Those who need to be led by the nose like lost sheep and are too lazy to read their Bible but will use their hard earned money that may not be enough for their basic needs to still buy the books and pamphlets of their pastors that are nothing but the pastor's interpretation of the same Bible that you can read yourself.

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by AbuMikey(m): 5:55pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by firstolalekan(m): 5:57pm On May 26, 2013
shocked
Holy water. Jajajajajajajajajajaj

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Debate An Atheist / Why Don't Camera Men Fall Under The Anointing? / Pastors Speak On Pastors Scandalising The Name Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.