Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church (14085 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Where Are Those WHEELCHAIRS Used For Healing In The SCOAN Now? They Are Needed / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by redsun(m): 6:07pm On May 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

That's assuming the precedent. We need a clear cut case of healing. Below is the picture of my Dad . . . bed-ridden due to partial stroke for almost 4 years now. People from our family's church have prayed to no avail, pastors have prayed to no avail, I prayed to no avail. Now let's see if God will heed your prayer.

Healthy diet.Organic whole foods,proper fruits and vegetables.Anything refined sugar is a no go area for stroke sufferer.And of course,alcohol.

Lighten up his life,let him feel the sunshine.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by salt1: 6:13pm On May 26, 2013
omonuan: If you can't handle snakes and drink poison without harm, you can't perform any healing according to Mark 16:18.

As recently as October 1998, the Knoxville News-Sentinel ran the following story:

"One of the prominent leaders of snake-handling churches in the Southeast died October 3 after being bitten by a rattlesnake during a church service at the Rock House Holiness Church in rural northeastern Alabama. John Wayne "Punkin" Brown, Jr., of Parrottsville, Tennessee, was preaching with his own 3-foot-long timber rattler in hand when the reptile sank one fang into his finger.

Mr. Brown's wife, Melinda, had died three years earlier from a rattlesnake bite received at the Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name Church in Middlesboro, Kentucky. The Browns left behind five young children. The Brown's had been bitten dozens of times prior to the fatal bites."

Some people might say this man and his wife were dummies but they were following the Biblical injunctions to the letter albeit to their own detriment. Please folks don't be fooled!

For me to believe that you can do faith healing you must take "otapia pia" in my presence, handle a spitting cobra and if no harm comes to you, I will then believe you can heal the sick. Anything else is pure deceit.

I see that many people are confusing miracle with magic. God will never do magic to satisfy idle curiosity or to show approval of higher powers bestowed on any individual. When Satan asked Jesus to take a leap, he argued that after all God has given His angels charge but Jesus answered that you shouldn't tempt the Lord your God. If snakes are mistakenly stepped on, or something dangerous to health is mistakenly ingested, God can, in answer to the prayer of faith CHOOSE to spare the person's life. But to willfully endanger your life and expect that God should perform magic or as a show of great faith neither glorifies God nor edifies the church. That attitude is ungodly. It equates God to an idol that you can mumble some things and he begins to do magic. All powers belong to God and He won't share His glory with anybody else.

God heals today: when He sees that it will give him honour and encourage somebody's faith. The steps to receiving healing are laid out in James 5: 13 -15: first pray for yourself, next ask for the elders of the church(not a miracle-worker) who will anoint you with oil and pray over you and the prayer of faith shall heal the sick.
Does God still heal? Yes! I have been healed countless times in answer to prayer. So have members of my family. But I prayed to God myself and in a few cases, requested prayer from the elders as instructed.

The person who mentioned speaking in tongues, let me tell you that people are still receiving the genuine experience: speaking a language which a native speaker will understand and which was never previously learnt, neither is it gibberish.

If you want the real manifestation of God in your life, you will pay the prize: confess and forsake your sins and live a holy life. You won't need any miracle worker but your communication with God will make miracles normal everyday occurrences in your life

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by funmo(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2013
these gifts manifest daily in cherubim and seraphim churches.....mayb you go to one to see holy spirit manifest in people those gifts
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by kushsy: 6:29pm On May 26, 2013
christemmbassey: if u dont know that Jesus FAILED TO HEAL SOME PPL not bc the healing virtue had dried up but bc of their lack of faith, it means u still have a lot to cover, when the disciples could not heal a boy brought to then in Jesus absence, what did he tell them afterwards? My bro ur problems UNBELIEVE. God bless.
. Healings n miracles r real if only ur faith can carry u.as christians we can do all things especially men of God who truly serve God..
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 26, 2013
salt 1:

I see that many people are confusing miracle with magic. God will never do magic to satisfy idle curiosity or to show approval of higher powers bestowed on any individual. When Satan asked Jesus to take a leap, he argued that after all God has given His angels charge but Jesus answered that you shouldn't tempt the Lord your God. If snakes are mistakenly stepped on, or something dangerous to health is mistakenly ingested, God can, in answer to the prayer of faith CHOOSE to spare the person's life. But to willfully endanger your life and expect that God should perform magic or as a show of great faith neither glorifies God nor edifies the church. That attitude is ungodly. It equates God to an idol that you can mumble some things and he begins to do magic. All powers belong to God and He won't share His glory with anybody else.

God heals today: when He sees that it will give him honour and encourage somebody's faith. The steps to receiving healing are laid out in James 5: 13 -15: first pray for yourself, next ask for the elders of the church(not a miracle-worker) who will anoint you with oil and pray over you and the prayer of faith shall heal the sick.
Does God still heal? Yes! I have been healed countless times in answer to prayer. So have members of my family. But I prayed to God myself and in a few cases, requested prayer from the elders as instructed

The person who mentioned speaking in tongues, let me tell you that people are still receiving the genuine experience: speaking a language which a native speaker will understand and which was never previously learnt, neither is it gibberish.

If you want the real manifestation of God in your life, you will pay the prize: confess and forsake your sins and live a holy life. You won't need any miracle worker but your communication with God will make miracles normal everyday occurrences in your life

I cited the verse where the yardstick for healing has to be measured according to the Bible. You are the one calling biblical quotes "magic." I knew your ilk would come out of the woodwork, and rain abuses. Go and read Mark 16:18. I did not write it and it was not modified by me in any way unlike the Op of this thread. Out of thy mouth you speaketh and called the verse "magic."

And speaking of Jesus temptation by the satan, the Bible had contradicting stories:

Where Did the Devil Take Jesus?

Matthew 4:5-8: Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: ’He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Jesus answered him, "It is also written: ’Do not put the Lord your God to the test." Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ’Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’

Satan took Jesus to the pinnacle of the temple, then to the mountain top.

Luke 4:5-9: The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours." Jesus answered, "It is written: ’Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’ The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here"

Satan took Jesus to the mountain first, then the temple. Both stories are inconsistent.

What has the temptation of Christ got to do with Mark 16:17-18 which is the subject of this thread? Are you trying to derail the thread because you don't like the trend?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by kushsy: 6:37pm On May 26, 2013
salt 1:

Does God still heal? Yes! I have been healed countless times in answer to prayer. So have members of my family. But I prayed to God myself and in a few cases, requested prayer from the elders as instructed.

. I believe one of d creatures dat God Him self set apart is the snake so why do human beings play or use them as pet..moreless as a tool for preaching..God forbids
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by odehaj: 6:49pm On May 26, 2013
Pray like Paul,preach like Peter."Lord I want to know you more"..if someone like Paul was still praying that then, who are we to claim that we know Him well enough!let's crave for the knowledge of this God and His ways!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by daillest: 6:56pm On May 26, 2013
q
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by gothrones(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2013
If anyone is wondering why Nigeria is a third world country, the answer is in this thread. When you have malaria, or any other type of ailment, please do not see the doctor; just lay hands on yourself and pray. God will heal you! grin
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by salt1: 7:28pm On May 26, 2013
omonuan:

I cited the verse where the yardstick for healing has to be measured according to the Bible. You are the one calling biblical quotes "magic." I knew your ilk would come out of the woodwork, and rain abuses. Go and read Mark 16:18. I did not write it and it was not modified by me in any way unlike the Op of this thread. Out of thy mouth you speaketh and called the verse "magic."

And speaking of Jesus temptation by the satan, the Bible had contradicting stories:

Where Did the Devil Take Jesus?

Matthew 4:5-8: Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: ’He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Jesus answered him, "It is also written: ’Do not put the Lord your God to the test." Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ’Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’

Luke 4:5-9: The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours." Jesus answered, "It is written: ’Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’ The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here"

Satan took Jesus to the mountain first, then the temple. Both stories are inconsistent.

What has the temptation of Christ got to do with Mark 16:17-18 which is the subject of this thread? Are you trying to derail the thread because you don't like the trend?
It's unfortunate that you considered my explanation as raining of abuse. How is that so? You actually showed people playing with snakes and I explained that they were tempting God which Jesus said we shouldn't do. Their action tends towards magic and not miracle.
I can't even see the inconsistencies in the two passages you cited. Are you worried that Luke adopted a different chronological order because the content is basically the same? The devil took Jesus to 2 different places and made 2 different demands. How's that inconsistent?
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Metallurgist: 7:30pm On May 26, 2013
DrummaBoy:

From what I know their some bible teachers, grace teachers, that believe the world can be classified into dispensation. I came across dispensational teachings via the teachings of R B Thieme Jr. And I think it best explains why Paul teaches that the Law is abolished in Jesus Cross.

Below is a commentary on dispensationalism. I agree with most of what they teach but only depart from them when they insist that 1Corinth 13 shows that the gifts of the Spirit have ceased in our dispensation. Read:

if am a jew, i would hav salute paul, what a genious see how paul litrary made xtains to be mentally enslave to isreal and the jewish nations, what an irony for jesus was a jew born and trained as a jew and even die as a jew without eva preaching or helping a non jew which he call dogs. so this black 9ja dogs i wonder why u no invent your brand of xtain as paul does
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by mrakin(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2013
The truth is bitter and the bible is our principal guide.
1. Jesus Christ and the apostles performed healing as a sign to show that Jesus Christ is the son of God and for the Jews to know that God approves of the first century christians
2.God is no longer performing physical miracles through any man/woman. He does the miracle by himself. God will never do what you can do. If I have money and strength to see a doctor on a particular ailmeennt. God will see it as my own responsibility.
3. Prayer of faith is good and it works but not concerning what you have the capacity to do.
4.Most of these healers are business centers with questionable sources of power to glorify themselves.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 26, 2013
@DrummaBoy, your assertion that you agreed with what Paul said which is that the law has been abolished by the death of Christ on the Cross is without basis as Paul is incorrect. In other words, you are using the convenient excuse by some Christians that Old Testament no longer holds. Paul should not speak for Christ on this issue because Christ addressed the issue himself:

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "(Matthew 5:18-19).

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Mathew 5:17. So Paul is wrong in his assessment.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by grailife(m): 7:36pm On May 26, 2013
God heals through nature and prayer , Rev.fr.Mbaka and Rev.fr.Emmanuel Obimma etc are doing very well, click on my signature for God's healing through nature and get a chance to win free recharge card
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by searay(m): 7:58pm On May 26, 2013
shdemidemi: I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.
i beg to disagree. In 2003 I dedicated myself to God and devoted myself for just six and could talk to fishes and pythons and they will respect me.
God had heal the sick through me before. Just devote yourself for a month or two and ask God for anything with faith and report back to me what will happen.
Mangae my gramatical errors pls.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by lawizle(m): 8:36pm On May 26, 2013
Men ds forum is gerring kinda boring..imagine ds topic post since afternoon..na wa oh
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by kabiesy: 8:48pm On May 26, 2013
Dear all,

Healing is our right do not deny it.

God has promised us freely we shall possess it.

You have faith or not especially when hope was lost,Thou said Lord through his anointed one at Gods time.

Believed is your connection any day any time.

But if you were finally blocked deliverance is the answer.

But people still condemn good thing till tomorrow (mark 3:22 to 29)

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 26, 2013
salt 1:
It's unfortunate that you considered my explanation as raining of abuse. How is that so? You actually showed people playing with snakes and I explained that they were tempting God which Jesus said we shouldn't do. Their action tends towards magic and not miracle.
I can't even see the inconsistencies in the two passages you cited. Are you worried that Luke adopted a different chronological order because the content is basically the same? The devil took Jesus to 2 different places and made 2 different demands. How's that inconsistent?

Okay maybe not abuse....but you need to understand the context of Mark 16:18 which clearly states that if you have faith you should be able to drink poison, handle snakes and heal the sick. The man in Alabama and his wife tried to comply with this rule and paid with their lives. You missed this point.

Now read the Gospels:

Matthew 4:5-8: Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down.[/b] For it is written: ’He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Jesus answered him, "It is also written: ’Do not put the Lord your God to the test." Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ’Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’

Luke 4:5-9: The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been [given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours." Jesus answered, "It is written: ’Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’ The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here.

Satan took Jesus to the mountain first, then the temple.

According to the gospel of Mathew, Christ was taken first to the pinnacle of the temple before he was taken to the mountain top for the temptation but Luke says he was first taken to the mountain then the temple. These are materially different chronology of events.

The chronology of events lends credence to the inconsistencies.

Thus we see the progression of events in these two passages. But most intriguing is the differences between the two! In Luke, Christ is said to be in the fortieth day of temptation when the devil begins the temptations given there. In Matthew, the tempter comes to Him, with no mention of how long this temptation has been proceeding. In Luke, we have the devil tempting him to turn one stone (singular) into bread (again singular,) whereas in Matthew the devil accelerates the temptation by urging Him to turn these stones (plural) into bread (again plural.)

Then in Luke we proceed to the high mountain, whereas in Matthew we go on to the pinnacle of the temple. If we look at the temple example, we see that the devil is more wordy in the first example, urging him to “cast yourself down from here” and quoting, “He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee;” whereas in Matthew we see, “cast yourself down,” and “He shall give His angels charge over thee.” Satan seems to be shortening his speech to correspond with the urgency of the temptation that he was trying to force upon Christ.

Now let us examine the high mountain example. In Luke we see Satan showing him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, and offering to give all their authority and all their glory to Christ if He will but worship before Him. In Matthew, however, we see him showing Christ not only all the kingdoms of the world, but also all their glory, perhaps taking more than a moment of time to do it so as to make it more enticing. This time he also intensifies the temptation, urging Christ to not just worship before him, but to fall down and worship him! In the Luke example Christ orders Satan to “get behind Me,” which apparently was a rebuke but not an outright dismissal. In Matthew, however, we see Christ actually order Satan to leave Him, telling him “Away with you, Satan!” And Satan leaves at this point, having no choice when God Himself has ordered him to do so.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by olumyde(m): 9:22pm On May 26, 2013
[quote
author=omonuan]

Okay maybe not abuse....but you need to understand the context of Mark
16:18 which clearly states that if you have faith you should be able to
drink poison, handle snakes and heal the sick. The man in Alabama and
his wife tried to comply with this rule and paid with their lives.

Now read the Gospels:

Matthew 4:5-8: Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him
stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God,"
he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: ’He will command his
angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that
you will not strike your foot against a stone." Jesus answered him, "It
is also written: ’Do not put the Lord your God to the test." Again, the
devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms
of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said,
"if you will bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, "Away from me,
Satan! For it is written: ’Worship the Lord your God, and serve him
only.’

Satan took Jesus to the pinnacle of the temple, then to the mountain
top.

Luke 4:5-9: The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an
instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give
you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I
can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be
yours." Jesus answered, "It is written: ’Worship the Lord your God and
serve him only.’ The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the
highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said,
"throw yourself down from here.

Satan took Jesus to the mountain first, then the temple.

According to the gospel of Mathew, Christ was taken first to the
pinnacle of the temple before he was taken to the mountain top for the
temptation but Luke says he was first taken to the mountain then the
temple. These are materially different accounts. [/quote] this has been explained to you. It's just diff arrangement. The arrangement is not important, its d content dt matters. And d contents are the same. Luke did not even use words like "after this", "thereafter", or "then". It just states, "the devil took him here, took him here and took him here". He wasn't trying to arrange it chronologically.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by olumyde(m): 9:32pm On May 26, 2013
@omonuan, where did you get that luke and matthew disagree on where Jesus was tempted? Matthew 4:1 says "then was Jesus led ur of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil". Luke 4:1 says "and Jesus cogni full of the holyghost returned from Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness". Don't allow the devil to use u and pls actually get more familiar with the word of God.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 26, 2013
olumyde: @omonuan, where did you get that luke and matthew disagree on where Jesus was tempted? Matthew 4:1 says "then was Jesus led ur of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil". Luke 4:1 says "and Jesus cogni full of the holyghost returned from Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness". Don't allow the devil to use u and pls actually get more familiar with the word of God.

I gave the citation and even quoted the verses. I don't want to repeat my self again. I have quoted the inconsistencies twice.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by doubleportion: 10:21pm On May 26, 2013
the teaching of divine healing is still very technical not only to the orthodox folks & unbelievers, but also unbelievably to fellow penticostal crusader. healing is revelational, until you see it, you don't become it. our salvation is a package,what qualifies us for salvatuon has also made us to be entitle to divine healing, faith is the access that can lead us to profitting that we crave for and it is being powered by qualitative meditation of God's word.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:31pm On May 26, 2013
anonimi:

And why do you think God is limited by space to ONLY heal "in the church"?
Is God no longer OMNIPRESENT

Try and read the conversation between Jesus and the Samarritan woman by the well in John 4?
Don't get me wrong, God's healing is also for every man.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by lonamy: 12:57am On May 27, 2013
christemmbassey: Some people are saying that there is nothing like healing and the gift of healing in the church today. But the bible says- "and these rigns shall follow them that believe......18......., they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover" (Mark 16:17-18.

Please no abuse or name calling, lets listen to Paul in 2tim2:24-26 and Titus 3:2-6. Lets set the ball rolling- and God bless.

I don't know why we call ourselves Christian and don't behae like one. even if it is God that gave a pastor the power to heal there is no need publicising it on the media, the anoiting can speak for itseft. if the thing is really there people will look for it.

when Jesus heals, he used to tell the recepient not to tell anybody who healed them, but in this part of the world you begin to see posters everywhere. many people
will face judgement in heaven.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by anonimi: 8:03am On May 27, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Don't get me wrong, God's healing is also for every man.

Thank you for the clarification.
Thus God's healing is for all of us created in His image, irrespective of whether you are a Christian, Moslem, "pagan", atheist etc.
And you don't need to go to a church or see a pastor to be healed by God.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by muredo(m): 8:20am On May 27, 2013
shdemidemi: I believe there is healing but only through God. No believer in this present dispensation has the power to call God to heal any man. All we can do is pray(communicate)to(with) God. If it is part of his will, healing will come at God's time if it is not His will,then that prayer is a futile exercise.
AM IN 100% AGREE WITH YOU
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by misreal(m): 9:09am On May 27, 2013
idnoble135: Healing is very much in place. God still heals. The bible says that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. So if he healed 2000yrs ago, then he can heal again today. In as much as there is FAITH IN THE WORD OF GOD.
Any body that needs enlightenment should pm me. All i can say is healings are real. I have seen many and God through me, the least of saint has healed people.
Healing is real. Jesus gave us the power to heal. We dont hope for healing, we believe for healing. We dont wait for healing, we recieve our healing. This would be too big for some folks to accept.
my brother please stop wastin ur strength....jesus is de same yesterday today nd forever....some ppl will just nt blve u..........
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by shdemidemi(m): 9:10am On May 27, 2013
The mistake most christians make is thinking Abraham,Moses,Elijah,John the baptist and Jesus(in the flesh) were christians. Nooooooo, christianity only started after Christ was declared the son of God through the power of resurrection.
Always and always separate yourself from the jews and the jewish rituals/traditions. The relationship between Christ with the Jews is different from his relationship with a non-jew (gentile).The church came to break the barrier between these two different entities, threfore, when reading our bible we must study the whole of the bible but discern what was written to us as christians and that which is written to the Jewish believer.

If we rightly divide the word of God, we would understand a christian has no power through Christ to heal any man in this age of grace. Apostle Paul wrote to a church in Corinth about spiritual gifts, that partcular church missed every part of the gospel (similar to our contemporary churches today)of Jesus Christ, they were spiritual babies-they pride in speaking in tongues amongst all other gifts. He said to the church in 1 cor 13

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

As far as christians are concerned, the only gifts we have now are the gift of knowledge and prohesy(teaching) in parts. So, as christians, the word of God tells us

3 glory in tribulations(trouble) also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

to be continued.......

3 Likes

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Mintayo(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2013
Mad Cow:

Healing, but yet no Pastor or Christian can pick up a Puff Adder or a Cobra... angry
I'm yet to see a Christian drink Otapiapia.
And I'm yet to hear of a Christian who can suddenly speak a new language.

guy you are so funny.
Pls read what you post again,pls!
Dnt misinterprete something if u dnt understand and u are nt ready to understand!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by MadCow1: 11:18am On May 27, 2013
Mintayo:

guy you are so funny.
Pls read what you post again,pls!
Dnt misinterprete something if u dnt understand and u are nt ready to understand!

What are you talking about again abeg?!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by staggerman(m): 1:51pm On May 27, 2013
The Truth About Divine Healing:

1. There are no hindrances to healing. The only hindrance is that you think there is a hindrance.

2. The Bible gives us only two reasons why the Word or power of God was not received.

a. One reason is unbelief. Mark 6:1-6. In verse five it says Jesus could there do no mighty works because of their unbelief. For further understanding of this unbelief we must go to Luke chapter 4 beginning in 18. The Scriptures reveal to us that the unbelief of the people caused them to reject Christ in such a way that Jesus never got the opportunity to minister unto them.

b. The other reason is in Matthew 15, the traditions of men.

3. Anything that stands between God’s command or God’s promise and you obeying that command or obtaining that promise is not God. In other words we are commanded to heal all who are sick. We don’t need a special leading or unction.

4. If Jesus did it we do it. If Jesus didn’t do it, we don’t do it. Jesus never went into a person’s past or tried to find the secret sin that prevented a person from being healed. Jesus never told anyone they were not going to receive their healing because they didn’t have enough faith. Jesus did not pray to the Father or beg Him to heal anyone. He commanded healing to come. He commanded the sickness or the evil spirit to go.

5. Jesus healed thousands at a time without requiring them to repent or believe first. Matthew 4:23-24; Luke 4:40-41; Matthew 14:36.

6. Great faith is not necessary to receive or minister healing. The Roman Centurion in Matthew chapter 8 and the woman of Cana in Mark chapter 7 were both outside of the Old Covenant, hence, Jesus described their faith as great. Jesus said in Matthew 17:20 that with the faith as the size of a mustard seed we could speak to a mountain and command it to be removed and cast into the sea and it would obey us.

7. Unconfessed sin does not keep people from being healed. All the people that Jesus healed in the Gospels were sinners. For believers James 5:14-15. First they are healed then if they have committed any sins they are forgiven them.

8. Jesus never tried to find the root cause of the illness or sin that “opened the door”.

9. Jesus was never prevented from healing anyone due to the sin of a person’s ancestors.(Generational curses). John 9:1-7.

10. We are not to judge who is confessed up, in faith or ready to be healed.

11. The Spirit Baptism is given to minister in the power of God. (To act like sons of God).

12. The written commandment to heal the sick is sufficient without a “rhema” word for each person.

13. The only requirement for a person to receive healing is to come to be healed.

14. God is not the cause of a delay of healing.

15. We are to command the power of God without picking and choosing who is worthy.

16. We have the authority to cast out devils that people think they want to keep. Acts 16: 16-18.

17. New Testament believers initiated divine healing and delivered people at will.

18. Signs, wonders,and the Holy Spirit follow us as we obey the Word of God. Mark 16:20.

19. As believers we cannot increase our healing anointing except by using it.

20. God will heal through any believer, because it’s not about us, but about His goodness.

21. We as believers are God’s sons, the devil’s master, and servants of humanity.

22. We don’t beg God for healing. We proclaim freedom for the captives or prisoners.

23. God’s anointing abides within me, is always ready to heal, and is always on.

24. Christ in me is always available to destroy the works of the devil through me.

http://becomehealed..com/2013/05/the-untold-secrets-of-divine-healing.html
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by nlMediator: 2:21pm On May 27, 2013
shdemidemi: The mistake most christians make is thinking Abraham,Moses,Elijah,John the baptist and Jesus(in the flesh) were christians. Nooooooo, christianity only started after Christ was declared the son of God through the power of resurrection.
Always and always separate yourself from the jews and the jewish rituals/traditions. The relationship between Christ with the Jews is different from his relationship with a non-jew (gentile).The church came to break the barrier between these two different entities, threfore, when reading our bible we must study the whole of the bible but discern what was written to us as christians and that which is written to the Jewish believer.

If we rightly divide the word of God, we would understand a christian has no power through Christ to heal any man in this age of grace. Apostle Paul wrote to a church in Corinth about spiritual gifts, that partcular church missed every part of the gospel (similar to our contemporary churches today)of Jesus Christ, they were spiritual babies-they pride in speaking in tongues amongst all other gifts. He said to the church in 1 cor 13

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

As far as christians are concerned, the only gifts we have now are the gift of knowledge and prohesy(teaching) in parts. So, as christians, the word of God tells us

3 glory in tribulations(trouble) also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

to be continued.......

My brother, you contradict yourself big time. You say no christian can heal in the age of grace and then turn on to say that christians in Corinth may heal or receive healing. If no healing in the age of grace, there should be no exception to Corinthians or spiritual babes. You have to decide which one is it. Because if you make exceptions to Corinthians anad babes, you'll have to make exceptions to Nigerians and others under the age of grace. So make up your mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' / Debate An Atheist / Why Don't Camera Men Fall Under The Anointing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.