Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church (14092 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Where Are Those WHEELCHAIRS Used For Healing In The SCOAN Now? They Are Needed / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
Now,so far we have gone, before we are back to the topic,

The topic was diverted to the issue of contradiction by one 'omonuan,' and later he abandoned contradictions to 'the elusive truth' thereby leading the tread nowhere, after evading my last post which directly answers his question starting with mathew and lukes camparative reports on jesus temptation, i realised that he lacks patience to defend one by one some of his stated allegations. i intend to treat further on that if he is ready too if posible to create another tread so as not to mess up the tread for others.

back to the topic,

Mark 16:17:18;

17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

There is no record that early Christians either drank poison or handled serpents to prove [/b]they were believers.

jesus says that miracles/signs and wonders were NOT THE REQUIREMENT for gaining Gods favor or entering Gods kingdom;

Mathew 7:21-22;

21 [b]“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven
. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

so, jesus himself had played down the focus on signs and wonders in mathew 7:21 above! while paul 'filled the gap' of why 'in jesus name' miracles and signs performed later will be denied by jesus himself.

paul (inspired) was explaining something that had not already been covered by “the Lord” (Jesus) while He was on earth.
lets see that;

1 Corinthians 13:8,9.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

Mathew 7:15-16;
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits.

compare (Mathew 7:15,21-22above) with 2 Corinthians 11:13-14 below

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light

so, 1 Corinthians 13:8..... Love never fails

The only thing that works miracle today is 'love' among brethren,

mathew 7:13-14
13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

but unfortunately, few christians are practicing it, while the majority practice what can attract crown to their churches today, causing divisions and class distinctions among such members to have a material gain, material prosperity was substituted for spiritual prosperity!

but the earlier apostles practice real 'love' the rich among them will sell lands and bring the money to the apostles, and they will distribute to the needy ones in the church according to their need 'untill there is no more need'(acts 2:45) thats the love that if true church does not practice but rather engage in dubious miracles,only to attract 'high turnover' they are workers of lawlessness (mat 7:22)

This real love will keep true christians intact till the promise of jesus about the 'kingdom of God' is fufilled, the topic of the kingdom is the most umpopular because everyone is interested in what 'this life' has got to offer, and 'not' the life after ressurection, but thats the reality, Gods kingdom will truly solve all our problem 'while we patiently wait in love'

Isaiah 35:4-6

4 Say to those who are fearful-hearted,
“Be strong, do not fear!
Behold, your God will come with vengeance,
With the recompense of God;
He will come and save you.”
5[b] Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6 Then the lame shall leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the dumb sing.[/b]
For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness,
And streams in the desert.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
BERNIMOORE: Now,so far we have gone, before we are back to the topic,

The topic was diverted to the issue of contradiction by one 'omonuan,' and later he abandoned contradictions to 'the elusive truth' thereby leading the tread nowhere, after evading my last post which directly answers his question starting with mathew and lukes camparative reports on jesus temptation, i realised that he lacks patience to defend one by one some of his stated allegations. i intend to treat further on that if he is ready too if posible to create another tread so as not to mess up the tread for others.

back to the topic,

Mark 16:17:18;

17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

There is no record that early Christians either drank poison or handled serpents to prove [/b]they were believers.

jesus says that miracles/signs and wonders were NOT THE REQUIREMENT for gaining Gods favor or entering Gods kingdom;

Mathew 7:21-22;

21 [b]“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven
. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

so, jesus himself had played down the focus on signs and wonders in mathew 7:21 above! while paul 'filled the gap' of why 'in jesus name' miracles and signs performed later will be denied by jesus himself.

paul (inspired) was explaining something that had not already been covered by “the Lord” (Jesus) while He was on earth.
lets see that;

1 Corinthians 13:8,9.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

compare (Mathew 7:21-22above) with 2 Corinthians 11:13-14 below

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light

so, 1 Corinthians 13:8..... Love never fails

the only thing that works miracle today is 'love' among brethren, but unfortunately, few christians are practicing it, while the majority practice what can attract crown to their churches today, causing divisions and class distinctions among such members to have a material gain, material prosperity was substituted for spiritual prosperity!

but the earlier apostles practice real 'love' the rich among them will sell lands and bring the money to the apostles, and they will distribute to the needy ones in the church according to their need 'untill there is no more need'(acts 2:45) thats the love that if true church does not practice but rather engage in dubious miracles,only to attract 'high turnover' they are workers of lawlessness (mat 7:22)

This real love will keep true christians intact till the promise of jesus about the 'kingdom of God' is fufilled, the topic of the kingdom is the most umpopular because everyone is interested in what 'this life' has got to offer, and 'not' the life after ressurection, but thats the reality, Gods kingdom will truly solve all our problem 'while we patiently wait in love'

Isaiah 35:4-6

4 Say to those who are fearful-hearted,
“Be strong, do not fear!
Behold, your God will come with vengeance,
With the recompense of God;
He will come and save you.”
5[b] Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6 Then the lame shall leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the dumb sing.[/b]
For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness,
And streams in the desert.

pls be very clear, do es God still heal in today's chvrch tro a believer who has the gift of healing or beƙieves in healing?thanks for trowing more lights on Mark16:17-18. God bless.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 3:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
@ christemmbassey

pls be very clear, do es God still heal in today's chvrch tro a believer who has the gift of healing or beƙieves in healing?thanks for trowing more lights on Mark16:17-18. God bless.

thank you for seeking my comment or opinion on that;

but let me tell you something now, i dont base my faith on Mark16:17-18, why? you would ask me, because, im convinced with a bigger picture of a better miracles, but the miracles earlier performed by jesus and disciples/apostles where are those people now? dead!

but rather im expecting a parmanent solution to all mankinds problem, which will not further expose them to exploits, see what im saying here;

Isaiah 33:24

24 [size=14pt]And the inhabitant will not say, “I am sick”;
The people who dwell in it will be forgiven their iniquity[/size].

Thats why jesus says that 'we should pray for Gods kingdom' where his will be done'

Matthew 6:9-11

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

the world itself is passing away........but those doing Gods will, will have the benefit of the kingdom.

physical Healing today HAS CEASED now! as predicted by paul and denied by jesus as a requrement. i stand to be corrected.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
christemmbassey: i have told you. Jesus Christ is the way. The TRUTH and the life. Jn 14:6. If you dont BELIEVE this. It will b very dificult to help you' you read the bible but we STUDY THE WORD (JESUS) OF GOD, and u can only study what u KNOW. Even the writings of Shakespear can not b undastood by just anybody. From observed fact. U are NOT A CHRISTIAN. U are like Nicodemus in john 3. Who claimed to be a teacher of the law but did not know the truth. Eventhough Jesus was seated right b4 him' Jesus Christ is THE TRUTH, he is the measuring instrument. The YARD STICK and the standard by which every other truth must be measured' if u dont know/accept/confess/acknowledge him, the bible says, you are condemned' God bless'

Tell me where I have ever stated that the verse you quoted is NOT TRUE. Furthermore, your argument is a circular argument that simply is not related to my postings. I had simply told everyone that circular arguments are not responsive, I have asked you if what is stated by you is the only TRUTH known to mankind or if there are other TRUTHS. I also asked you to tell me any thing I SAID that is NOT THE TRUTH, I quoted several statements attributed to Christ and ASKED YOU IF THEY ARE TRUE ALSO. You have deceptively avoided RESPONDING to the questions Asked for the second time. SO my conclusion is that you have no EXCLUSIVE PRIVITY TO THE TRUTH THEREFORE YOU ARE BEING EVASIVE.

YOU ARE REALLY the one that wants to AVOID THE TRUTH. YOU KNOW NOT THE TRUTH! In reality, this is where the smug surety of faith comes comes in for you. TRUTH is not Really what you are interested in. What you are so damned sure about is not a God, but the people and place where you learned about him. Your argument has nothing to do with the history or the facts. Like most born again, you have only a passing knowledge of the real history and tenets of whatever the Bible says . what you do have are the bits of knowledge you've gleaned at church and a lot of warm memories of the people that were there. This is what I am really up against .You have inevitably fallen back on the faith argument, NOT BECAUSE OF THE TRUTH, it's these warm memories that you are falling back on. 'God' has proven everything He ever needs to prove in the love and support these people you find at church.SO The TRUTH depends on the little you know.

IF YOU can't offer answers to the questions I have asked you twice now do not even bother to say anything any more. A reasonable and objective arbiter has already seen your evasiveness, My conclusion is THAT YOU KNOW NOT THE TRUTH that I am missing and You do not have an exclusive PRIVITY to the TRUTH. Thanks for your time!

I leave you with the following:

James 1:26, “If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.”

Luke 22:65, “And they threw all sorts of terrible insults at him.”

Mathew 7:1 Judge not, that you be not judged.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Mudley313: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
doctors and modern day medicine are able to cure ailments more effectively while inactive christian god takes all the credit for its success

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @ christemmbassey

thank you for seeking my comment or opinion on that;

but let me tell you something now, i dont base my faith on Mark16:17-18, why? you would ask me, because, im convinced with a bigger picture of a better miracles, but the miracles earlier performed by jesus and disciples/apostles where are those people now? dead!

but rather im expecting a parmanent solution to all mankinds problem, which will not further expose them to exploits, see what im saying here;

Isaiah 33:24

24 [size=14pt]And the inhabitant will not say, “I am sick”;
The people who dwell in it will be forgiven their iniquity[/size].

Thats why jesus says that 'we should pray for Gods kingdom' where his will be done'

Matthew 6:9-11

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

the world itself is passing away........but those doing Gods will, will have the benefit of the kingdom.

physical Healing today HAS CEASED now! as predicted by paul and denied by jesus as a requrement. i stand to be corrected.

1. When did Paul say healing shall ceased? 2. When did healing actually ceased? 3. Do you believe in the healings by Paul. Peter etc? 4. If yes. What is the dif btween the holy spirit that worked in them and the holy spirit that operates in today's believers? Why did Jesus give us Eternal life/holy spirit, to hope for a better miracle? God bless.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
@BENIMOORE, there is NO BETTER MIRACLE to what Jesus did at Calvary, it was enough, adequate, most approppriate, biggest, longest, highest, deepest and the best humanity can get' it is even bc of Calvarƴ that we look forward to his 2nd coming, his kingdom and eternity. remain blessed.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 02, 2013
It appears that nobody wants to show me the Truth that I am missing. @Christembassy rather than give me "visa" to the TRUTH I am missing he has chosen to quickly change the subject after being evasive and non responsive to my demand for the truth. I really had faith in Christembassy's ability to show me the TRUTH for obvious reasons-he purportedly runs Chrisembasy at least here on Nairaland. Others have done even worse by just offering platitudes and opinions but NOTHING About showing me the Truth.

I have therefore concluded and reaffirmed what everyone knows which is that my postings and quotations are TRUE and that none amongst you have PRIVITY to THE TRUTH that I m missing and therefore I am not missing any TRUTH. Furthermore, I know know that it is not really about THE TRUTH for many of you because if you see the TRUTH you won't accept it if it does not jive with your desires.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 12:32am On Jun 02, 2013
1. When did Paul say healing shall ceased?

since paul testifies that 'all these gifts' are of the same Spirit and 'for the profit of all' below, gifts of healings by the same Spirit

1 Corinthians 12:4-10

4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, [/b]10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

he further affirm somethingthat will never fail;'only love'

1 cor 138-9;
8 [b]Love never fails
. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away

every other gifts except love will fail.

more comments coming!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 8:18am On Jun 02, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

since paul testifies that 'all these gifts' are of the same Spirit and 'for the profit of all' below, gifts of healings by the same Spirit

4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, [/b]10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

he further affirm somethingthat will never fail;'only love'

1 cor 138-9;
8 [b]Love never fails
. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away

every other gifts except love will fail.

more comments coming!
my brother why do you ADD TO THE WORD OF GOD. 1. Paul NEVER SAID "HAS CEASED' OR 'HAS VANISHED' or 'has failed' but he said, "WILL FAIL" SHALL CEASED" WILL VANISH AWAY". When? 1cor13::10 "But when that which is PERFECT IS COME, then that which is in part SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH" the question i want to ask in ref to 1cor:1310 is this, HAS THE PERFECT ONE COME?, this verse clearly explains every thing. Bc of the present IMPERFECT situations these GIFTS WERE GIVEN for /as/to comfort (jn 14)the equiping and edification of the saints for the work of the ministry(eph4:11-13), till that which is perfect is come(1cor13:10). 2.' Paul NEVER SAID, "every other gift except love shall ceased" pls STOP ADDING TO THE WORD OF GOD. AGAIN IN THAT 1COR13 Paul NEVER MENTIONED THE GIFT OF HEALING as one of the gifts that will fail. Cease or vanish away, pls STOP ADDING TO GOD'S WORD. Peace.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2013
@christemmbassey

my brother why do you ADD TO THE WORD OF GOD.

in your own word, what is the word of God? and where can it be found? remember that you earlier denounced the bible, here is it below where you did that;

christemmbassey ;the problem with most christians is that they DONT KNOW THAT THE BIBLE IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD

you later make a u turn again having indicted a whole (66 bboks that formed the bible) you contradict yourself below;

but it contains the word of God

so, tell me what is the word of God? and where can it be found.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
@christemmbassey

Paul NEVER SAID "HAS CEASED' OR 'HAS VANISHED' or 'has failed'

paul will not contradict himself the way you did in denouncing the bible in whole yet admitting part of the bible, if paul says 'has failed' but yet peter and other apostles still heals thereafter 'as their shadow passed on the sick' will that be appropriate, since what paul is reffering to was a future event before the end comes, it is appropriate to use 'will fail' 'shall ceaced' etc
but he said, "WILL FAIL" SHALL CEASED" WILL VANISH AWAY".

correct!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2013
@christemmbassey

When? 1cor13::10 "But when that which is PERFECT IS COME, then that which is in part SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH" the question i want to ask in ref to 1cor:1310 is this, HAS THE PERFECT ONE COME?,

'that which is PERFECT' is different from 'THE PERFECT ONE' okay, it takes some iinterpretations to arrive at the perfect one,

Paul NEVER SAID, "every other gift except love shall ceased"

sorry, read vs 13, of 1cor:13:13 [size=18pt]And now these three remain[/size]: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

was 'gift of healing' part of the remaining? answer me pls!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
in the same context of 1 corinthians 13, 'gift of healing' was not included in the 'three' that remains above then,based on the available evide therein

we can conclusively says that it was among the 'gifts' that paul says will cease or vanish,(or provide a counter evidence) so i did not add but relied on the information in the context of 1 cor chap 12 and 13.

take the stock for yourself;

''There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, [/b]10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills''.

but later, paul gave us a hint classifying all the gifts by same spirit using the plural ''whether there are'';

1 Corinthians 13:8,13

''Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away''.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
so, the true christians are those who PRACTICE real LOVE among themselves, and not the stupid snake handlers who only want to attract crowd to boost their turnovers, or those who practice class distinctions for their own glory, the Alabama snake handler( John Wayne "Punkin" Brown, Jr., of Parrottsville, Tennessee) would have drank poison either and not choose the snake handling that attract attention, anyway it is a lesson!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by shdemidemi(m): 8:15am On Jun 05, 2013
@ bernimoore

Tell these miracle seeking believers please. Was it not the same Paul that sang praises that made prison gates open amongst so many signs that later spoke of his fellow workers sickness that was almost unto death or the same person who later told his son to drink alcohol as anaesthesia to reduce stomach pain.

Charlatans have deceived many by telling them to pray, starve, be celibate to acquire these powers but the gospel of Christ teaches contentment, trust in God in whatever situation. If God gave Mfm the power to kill their enemies, I wonder how many people would be left on earth. If God gave winners chapel the formula to be rich, dangote and bill gate would surely be their member but God controls all things according to his will and not through the selfish will of man.

1 Like

Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by shdemidemi(m): 8:27am On Jun 05, 2013
christemmbassey: my brother why do you ADD TO THE WORD OF GOD. 1. Paul NEVER SAID "HAS CEASED' OR 'HAS VANISHED' or 'has failed' but he said, "WILL FAIL" SHALL CEASED" WILL VANISH AWAY". When? 1cor13::10 "But when that which is PERFECT IS COME, then that which is in part SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH" the question i want to ask in ref to 1cor:1310 is this, HAS THE PERFECT ONE COME?, this verse clearly explains every thing. Bc of the present IMPERFECT situations these GIFTS WERE GIVEN for /as/to comfort (jn 14)the equiping and edification of the saints for the work of the ministry(eph4:11-13), till that which is perfect is come(1cor13:10). 2.' Paul NEVER SAID, "every other gift except love shall ceased" pls STOP ADDING TO THE WORD OF GOD. AGAIN IN THAT 1COR13 Paul NEVER MENTIONED THE GIFT OF HEALING as one of the gifts that will fail. Cease or vanish away, pls STOP ADDING TO GOD'S WORD. Peace.

The one which is perfect will annihilate the gifts we have in parts which are knowledge and teaching of the word of God. When the man mentioned spiritual gifts, it encompass gift of healing, tongues, intercession and all other gifts you may think of.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 11:59am On Jun 05, 2013
@shdemidemi

Tell these miracle seeking believers please. Was it not the same Paul that sang praises that made prison gates open amongst so many signs that later spoke of his fellow workers sickness that was almost unto death or the same person who later told his son to drink alcohol as anaesthesia to reduce stomach pain.

Charlatans have deceived many by telling them to pray, starve, be celibate to acquire these powers but the gospel of Christ teaches contentment, trust in God in whatever situation. If God gave Mfm the power to kill their enemies, I wonder how many people would be left on earth. If God gave winners chapel the formula to be rich, dangote and bill gate would surely be their member but God controls all things according to his will and not through the selfish will of man.

thank you my brother, i have been able to show people like him how bible should be used. unfortunately christembassy denied whole bible as the word of God, because he cant 'connect' the truth therein!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by BERNIMOORE: 10:25am On Jun 06, 2013
Faulting the legitimacy of the holy scriptures based on the selfish-attention-seeker of the Alabama snake handler( John Wayne "Punkin" Brown, Jr., of Parrottsville, Tennessee)is totally misleading as those who base the reason why the man died on mark 16 were insincere,myopic and untruthful, if not, the book of mark 16 contains alongside 'drinking of poison' and why didnt the snake handler also have a record of 'just one case of drinking poison publicly' he would have drank poison either and not choose the snake handling that attract attention, so the point is that 'he is seeking for attention' and using mark 16 as a cover-up and paid dearly for not taking into consideration 1 cor 13:8 and 13 which further unfold the operation of the holy spirit as christianity progresses, but rather he choose to be among those described by paul below

2 Corinthians 11:13-14 below

true christians should identify these men with discernment!
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
christemmbassey: pls can we know the dispensation and when it began?

We are in the dispensation of the holy spirit, the holy spirit does not heal anyoe rather the ,most Holy spirit keeps you from falln sick,healn comes from the stripes jesus suffered.isa 53 vs 5 .there is a foundation for healing and it has its key , I was a member of christembassy before and truly healing school was stage managed by many people never got healed,healn has its source not power of the holy ghost, God is very ordered the holy spirit cannot leave his work to do the work of jesus, Jesdud body ministers healing to all children of the kingdom.
Healing is not for everyone its only for the children of the kingdom matt 15 vs 22 - 29.that's why u wonder why some people don't get healed also not because of faith, God don't need ur faith to heal u,
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
leorayvon:

We are in the dispensation of the holy spirit, the holy spirit does not heal anyoe rather the ,most Holy spirit keeps you from falln sick,healn comes from the stripes jesus suffered.isa 53 vs 5 .there is a foundation for healing and it has its key , I was a member of christembassy before and truly healing school was stage managed by many people never got healed,healn has its source not power of the holy ghost, God is very ordered the holy spirit cannot leave his work to do the work of jesus, Jesdud body ministers healing to all children of the kingdom.
Healing is not for everyone its only for the children of the kingdom matt 15 vs 22 - 29.that's why u wonder why some people don't get healed also not because of faith, God don't need ur faith to heal u,
pls can u explain Mark 16:17. God bless.
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
christemmbassey: pls can u explain Mark 16:17. God bless.

Question hv u cast out any demon out before?have u taken any deadly thing before? Try and take rat poision and see, jesus told the apostles that will be a sign they will perform to make people believe for christainty to spread quickly Now ,and the tongues they spoke is not what u people speak I call that confusion babel!! jesus refered to the finished product, being born again is a journey not instant, and that journey begins immediately from your baptism, have you wondered y nicodemus came in the night not during the day? Jesus gave the born again message to nicodemus to go teach his people,did jesus every teach born again to his disciples? A civilan cannot fight a soilder war, for u to be a warrior in the lord camp u need to be called a soilder , I.e a prophet or an apostle , the name Jesus gave is not for anyone to use anyhow, have u not heard of ur pastor going to edo to demolish a shrine? Have u wonder wat happend that he never went back? Do u think he didn't use the name of jesus? So my dear pray to God to go before you to make evry crooked part straight and above all make heaven ,
Re: Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church by christemmbassey(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
leorayvon:

Question hv u cast out any demon out before?have u taken any deadly thing before? Try and take rat poision and see, jesus told the apostles that will be a sign they will perform to make people believe for christainty to spread quickly Now ,and the tongues they spoke is not what u people speak I call that confusion babel!! jesus refered to the finished product, being born again is a journey not instant, and that journey begins immediately from your baptism, have you wondered y nicodemus came in the night not during the day? Jesus gave the born again message to nicodemus to go teach his people,did jesus every teach born again to his disciples? A civilan cannot fight a soilder war, for u to be a warrior in the lord camp u need to be called a soilder , I.e a prophet or an apostle , the name Jesus gave is not for anyone to use anyhow, have u not heard of ur pastor going to edo to demolish a shrine? Have u wonder wat happend that he never went back? Do u think he didn't use the name of jesus? So my dear pray to God to go before you to make evry crooked part straight and above all make heaven ,
pls explain in plain English the following- "these signs shall FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE," God bless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Don't Camera Men Fall Under The Anointing? / Debate An Atheist / Pastors Speak On Pastors Scandalising The Name Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.