Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This (41326 Views)

Married Men,please And Please Learn How To Control Your Third Legs / For My Ladies Please Learn From It - What Every Woman Should Know About Men / Please Learn From This Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 24, 2013
kulyie: lolllllcheesycheesycheesycheesy you no talk bad thing but we are friends already.hope you are female sha.if you are female,you could pm me,butif you are male dont bother.God forbid i entertain friendship with strange men on nairaland with the kinds of thigs i read here on nl that some men type 8-)
check your inbox dear
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 24, 2013
Kulyie, I think u were too harsh with your friend.At that point in time, I guess she felt she had found her missing rib. If I was the one too, i will vex na, haba how many times will u ask if I am sure with my choice of husband. It must have taken a lot of guts for her to come and tell u after all the warnings u gave her.I'm one of those that say I WILL marry this year funny enough, up till now, I am not married, two years have gone by since I started saying it. Its not because i lack suitors but because marriage is for a lifetime. I want someone who I am sure I can spend the rest of my life with in peace. As a result, I have turned a lot of guys down, if the man doesn't come this year, next year or the upper year he may come cheesy cheesy. Desire is ideal, desperation makes u make stup.id choices

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Pacesetter2: 2:27pm On May 24, 2013
I'm even having one as a friend who is so desperate in marrying....she has even set time limit for herself. I asked her why one day & she said age was no longer on her side & that mummy kept pressure on her. I counselled her but all fell on deaf ears.
The fact is that she is not even marrying anyone but someone who has arrived. My friend even proposed & loved him but all na say he never arrived. I kept quiet when it got to stage 'cause it may seems that i wanted her to marry my friend & that i'm against her union but i still kept on praying for her
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by mysticgal(f): 2:34pm On May 24, 2013
I think i know kulye's name.ask metongue
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by sholay2011(m): 3:15pm On May 24, 2013
mysticgal: I think i know kulye's name.ask metongue
It's Shewa cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 24, 2013
Gaggi:

Nice one bro. Help reduce the population of our aging sisters. wink
Bros hehehehe. You no go understand. abi you understand ni?
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by LewsTherin: 2:38pm On May 25, 2013
I dated for 8 years. Long distance at that. I lost my job within a year after I proposed. My Lady stayed with me tru it all. We sleep on the same bed, work in the same place, get paid with the same cheque and are so much a part of each other's lives it is difficult when one if us has to travel.

Kepping a successful mariage is no different from keeping a good job. Love it and work hard at it. Marriage, like a job, remains good when you both work at it (this is for those Nairalanders who preach only the evils if marriage like they don't have challenges at their jobs)

For those that are desperate, why? The question should always be why do I want to marry this person? Why do I want to get married? Cos mama at home says so? Or all my mates are getting married? Or so as to look responsible? Or just to have an heir? A son? Mama wants to "carry her grandchildren"? Please! Marriage takes work. Ask yourself if it is worth it!

2 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 25, 2013
nikkykay:
Crazy love, desperation all join.
Some pple will believe dat d violence will stop as soon as she or he complines with wot other part wants or s/he will change later.

Madam na simple question. Answer quick quick and carry ur parole to another thread cheesy
lol of course i don answer am
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 4:03pm On May 25, 2013
Nice one kuly

Sad story but I Wish her all the best in her marital life and beyond

May God help us all

kulyie: You are totally right.that is the naked reality we have this days.people marrying for wrong reasons.i remembered when i was doing my post graduate degree back then,i had a friend who was so desperate for marriage.always whinning and complaining why she is not married at 27 when other ladies younger than her are married.she was always asking me whether she is fine,whether she doesn't dress well.anyway not to long after she met a fellow postgraduate student during the weekly postgraduate seminar,that one asked her out and they started dating.before i could say jack robinson,she told me she is getting married,i looked at her in shock,i said tayo calm down,you just dated this guy in a month and now you are talking about marriage.are you sure you guys have the same values,understand each other,respect each other and so many other important things you need to find out before talking about marriage.guess what she told me,she said all that doesnt matter,what matters is love and i said ok how do you know he loves you,she said because he buys me gifts,comes to visit me regularly,calls me on phone and most importantly tells me he loves me.i said is that your indices for knowing whether a man loves you genuinely or not,she said yes.i said why dont you give yourself a break.be friends first before you become lovers so that you can know whether he is someone you can spend the rest of your life with,she said ehen no matter how much you study a guy,you cant know him unless you marry him.i just had to end the conversation because it was obvious nothing i said made sense to her and her mind was made up.after we finished our course work my friend moved to his house,before i knew what was happening she became pregnant and i asked her whether she has met his parents before moving into his house talkless of getting pregnant,she said thats small thing,she will go after we conclude our masters,i said ok.not to long she went to meet with his parents,luckily they accepted her,they did introduction ,fast forward weeks later,she brought ankara for me to buy her aso ebi for her wedding,i bought it.i still went ahead to ask her,tayo this is a life time thing are you sure of what you are getting yourself into.do you know this man well,are you sure you are ok with his principles and she got annoyed and said i am a bad friend,i dont mean well for her,i am not happy she is getting married.i said oremi koribe,why wont i be happy that my girlfriend is getting married,i just want you to be happy in your marriage ni and she snapped at me,ose,thank you i will be happy in my marriage,anyone that doesnt want me to be happy in my marriage will not be happy herself i said amen o,later she said oremi the lady that doesyour hair and nails nko,i want her to do my hair on my wedding,i took her to my beauticians shop,they made arrangements etc.months later,she became mrs lagbaja.

A year later she came to my office complaining about how her husband will leave her and her baby alone and go clubbing during weekends,sleep with different kinds of club girls.he wont even give her money for baby stuffs, the money he is supposed to use in taking care of the family,he will spend it on club girls.i dont even know the kind of stewpeed man she married as a husband.when she said she complained to the husband,the man said if she is tired of the marriage,she can walk out but when she walks out live the baby because when she enterd the marriage,she didnt come with a child.after all the explanations i said are you done,she said yes and i said you are not even happy he hasnt brought those girls home,if he brought them home,will you beat him.when i told you back then when we were in school,what did you tell me.its your cross,just carry it and dont complain because i have told you.you were whinning i want to marry i want to marry,you did not listen to any advice from any of your friends,you shunned them and said they were jealous of you.good enough your husband has suggested what you should do,if you are tired of the marriage,walk out and please i am busy,i have other urgent things to attend to,we will talk later.come to my house on weekend.

To be frank if i was as desperate as she was and married all the guys that came around me then i most likely will have married an abuser and lived an unfullfilled life.infact i believe my mom now when she says making decisions about marriage is harder than all the degrees you can ever earn in your life,its fragile yet tough.

What more can i say single ladies need to look and look and look deeply before they leap
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by biolabee(m): 4:06pm On May 25, 2013
Is jumpin in and out of maRriage now the solution to happiness

Why then not be happy on your own

This your solution get as e be o

Vikin: Even if una meet only one month, and u like him, marry am cheesy!

If e no work out, jump out and get another.

It doesn't matter how many times as long as you are happy.

If you know u want to get married, the earlier the better,...don't wait till 45 yrs before u tie the knot, then start complaining or taking ssshhhiiitt!

If you want kids....go ahead!

Afterall some sweet marriages hit the rock when one loses his/her partner.

Your happiness counts here! Life too short!

No time! cool

2 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 25, 2013
biolabee: Is jumpin in and out of maRriage now the solution to happiness

o sumi o!
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 25, 2013
biolabee: Nice one kuly

Sad story but I Wish her all the best in her marital life and beyond

May God help us all

amen o.ami,ase
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 25, 2013
sholay2011:
It's Shewa cheesy
lol,yeah,you are right.adeshewa is my name.winkcheesy

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 25, 2013
barcanista: Bros hehehehe. You no go understand. abi you understand ni?
orisirisi :p 8-)
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 25, 2013
mysticgal: I think i know kulye's name.ask metongue
lol you do? cheesy
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 25, 2013
steph7: Kulyie, I think u were too harsh with your friend.At that point in time, I guess she felt she had found her missing rib. If I was the one too, i will vex na, haba how many times will u ask if I am sure with my choice of husband. It must have taken a lot of guts for her to come and tell u after all the warnings u gave her.I'm one of those that say I WILL marry this year funny enough, up till now, I am not married, two years have gone by since I started saying it. Its not because i lack suitors but because marriage is for a lifetime. I want someone who I am sure I can spend the rest of my life with in peace. As a result, I have turned a lot of guys down, if the man doesn't come this year, next year or the upper year he may come cheesy cheesy. Desire is ideal, desperation makes u make stup.id choices
yes,youre right on that.meanwhile you said i was harsh on my friend?how? Truth is never friendly you know cheesy
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 25, 2013
barcanista: check your inbox dear
i've checked it and replied you,meanwhile,dont use the word 'dear' with me.you are free to use it with anyone you like except me,please.thank you!
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 25, 2013
Gaggi:

Nice one bro. Help reduce the population of our aging sisters. wink
kilon shey eleyi cheesy shaki e na ma'n sheybi eran :p orisirisi cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 25, 2013
barcanista: No vex o. But i be guy and no need for stereotype na, i be sure guy, no allow one man misbehaviour take de read all guys. Anyway, i'm glad to know your type and to be candid with you, i'm a simple, free sure guy.
me too i be sure babe :p congratulations 8-) enle :p
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 25, 2013
Gaggi:

What is so wrong in what i said? U choose to cry more than the bereaved and i say let them be. The average Nigerian always thinks he is smarter than others and that others dnt knw what they are doing.
ok
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 8:24pm On May 25, 2013
kulyie: You are totally right.that is the naked reality we have this days.people marrying for wrong reasons.i remembered when i was doing my post graduate degree back then,i had a friend who was so desperate for marriage.always whinning and complaining why she is not married at 27 when other ladies younger than her are married.she was always asking me whether she is fine,whether she doesn't dress well.anyway not to long after she met a fellow postgraduate student during the weekly postgraduate seminar,that one asked her out and they started dating.before i could say jack robinson,she told me she is getting married,i looked at her in shock,i said tayo calm down,you just dated this guy in a month and now you are talking about marriage.are you sure you guys have the same values,understand each other,respect each other and so many other important things you need to find out before talking about marriage.guess what she told me,she said all that doesnt matter,what matters is love and i said ok how do you know he loves you,she said because he buys me gifts,comes to visit me regularly,calls me on phone and most importantly tells me he loves me.i said is that your indices for knowing whether a man loves you genuinely or not,she said yes.i said why dont you give yourself a break.be friends first before you become lovers so that you can know whether he is someone you can spend the rest of your life with,she said ehen no matter how much you study a guy,you cant know him unless you marry him.i just had to end the conversation because it was obvious nothing i said made sense to her and her mind was made up.after we finished our course work my friend moved to his house,before i knew what was happening she became pregnant and i asked her whether she has met his parents before moving into his house talkless of getting pregnant,she said thats small thing,she will go after we conclude our masters,i said ok.not to long she went to meet with his parents,luckily they accepted her,they did introduction ,fast forward weeks later,she brought ankara for me to buy her aso ebi for her wedding,i bought it.i still went ahead to ask her,tayo this is a life time thing are you sure of what you are getting yourself into.do you know this man well,are you sure you are ok with his principles and she got annoyed and said i am a bad friend,i dont mean well for her,i am not happy she is getting married.i said oremi koribe,why wont i be happy that my girlfriend is getting married,i just want you to be happy in your marriage ni and she snapped at me,ose,thank you i will be happy in my marriage,anyone that doesnt want me to be happy in my marriage will not be happy herself i said amen o,later she said oremi the lady that doesyour hair and nails nko,i want her to do my hair on my wedding,i took her to my beauticians shop,they made arrangements etc.months later,she became mrs lagbaja.

A year later she came to my office complaining about how her husband will leave her and her baby alone and go clubbing during weekends,sleep with different kinds of club girls.he wont even give her money for baby stuffs, the money he is supposed to use in taking care of the family,he will spend it on club girls.i dont even know the kind of stewpeed man she married as a husband.when she said she complained to the husband,the man said if she is tired of the marriage,she can walk out but when she walks out live the baby because when she enterd the marriage,she didnt come with a child.after all the explanations i said are you done,she said yes and i said you are not even happy he hasnt brought those girls home,if he brought them home,will you beat him.when i told you back then when we were in school,what did you tell me.its your cross,just carry it and dont complain because i have told you.you were whinning i want to marry i want to marry,you did not listen to any advice from any of your friends,you shunned them and said they were jealous of you.good enough your husband has suggested what you should do,if you are tired of the marriage,walk out and please i am busy,i have other urgent things to attend to,we will talk later.come to my house on weekend.

To be frank if i was as desperate as she was and married all the guys that came around me then i most likely will have married an abuser and lived an unfullfilled life.infact i believe my mom now when she says making decisions about marriage is harder than all the degrees you can ever earn in your life,its fragile yet tough.

What more can i say single ladies need to look and look and look deeply before they leap
Hmmmm..... Oro nla! Ori Iya re pe.

P.s- u don begin date Mr paragraph? tongue
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 25, 2013
kulyie: i refuse all pressures from anybody to rush me into getting married because yorubas say abani da ole bani debe.meaning the people that pressurize you into getting married will not live with you in the marriage neither will they help out when the chips are down.infact you wont see anybody apart from your parents and after some time sef,they will get tired and ask you to take care of your own problems yourself. when my aunt calls i know it is about marriage talk so i dont pick,my dads friend to will come and say his own,church members too will give unsolicited advice etc.in all this i refuse to rush because i dont want to make a decision that will make me regret.too many marital woes and bad tales are littered all over the pages of newspapers,television,daily occurences i see and even the family section of nairaland.too many animals in male bodies that one needs 1oo percent dicretion and wisdom.

Moreover when i did an empirical research on why nigerian females marry,i discovered its for social and economic reasons,to have kids,because parents say so and satisfy their sexual desires.if that is all what marriage has to offer me,girlfriend,globalization,education,exposure and scientific revolution has made the world an easier place,adoption and or surrogate mom all the way baby because i can have all that marriage has to offer me and still be single...issshhh
hahahahahaha!!! cry
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 25, 2013
kulyie: i've checked it and replied you,meanwhile,dont use the word 'dear' with me.you are free to use it with anyone you like except me,please.thank you!
Ds kulyie wicked oooo
LMAO
She no let d guy land @ all
Take it easy babe
U dnt knw if dats d man *wink*

4 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 25, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Hmmmm..... Oro nla! Ori Iya re pe.

P.s- u don begin date Mr paragraph? tongue
hahahahah thanks to all the abuses and constructive criticisms on nairaland.nairalanders fit change person with abuse cheesycheesycheesy meanwhile

i am not dating mr paragraph,i'm dating the king of heaven and earth.his name is MR JESUS 8-)
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Sheenor: 11:17pm On May 25, 2013
k
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 25, 2013
nikkykay:
Ds kulyie wicked oooo
LMAO
She no let d guy land @ all
Take it easy babe
U dnt knw if dats d man *wink*
* singing in d.banj's voice* olorun maje o.

Eleda mi ko.meeting a man on nairaland shockedshocked eleda mi ko,Godforbid it cheesy
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 25, 2013
biolabee: Is jumpin in and out of maRriage now the solution to happiness

All follow for the solution! cheesy
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:21pm On May 25, 2013
kulyie: i've checked it and replied you,meanwhile,dont use the word 'dear' with me.you are free to use it with anyone you like except me,please.thank you!
Aunty aje!!! Haba! Don't bite him na tongue grin

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:22pm On May 25, 2013
kulyie: hahahahah thanks to all the abuses and constructive criticisms on nairaland.nairalanders fit change person with abuse cheesycheesycheesy meanwhile

i am not dating mr paragraph,i'm dating the king of heaven and earth.his name is MR JESUS 8-)
Lmao! U need deliverance ASAP! grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by mesther96(f): 11:23pm On May 25, 2013
i tink im lovin dz...i wl cme bak in d nxt 6years wen im ripe so u cud advice me....at my age i don gt mor dan 20 break ups..na bf tin ooo.abeg if na marriage nko a no wnt ma children 2 b crying...mumy mumy..wer is our dady??
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 25, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lmao! U need deliverance ASAP! grin grin
really cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Idowuogbo(f): 11:24pm On May 25, 2013
m.esther96:
i tink im lovin dz...i wl cme bak in d nxt 6years wen im ripe so u cud advice me....at my age i don gt mor dan 20 break ups..na bf tin ooo.abeg if na marriage nko a no wnt ma children 2 b crying...mumy mumy..wer is our dady??
20? Come, u b escort?

No offence!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!! / Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / My Parents Destroyed My Life In Guise Of Love, I'm Now Depressed Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.