Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,653 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? (34364 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by manny4life(m): 11:54pm On May 25, 2013
babyosisi:

As soon as they give me a juicy post in Abuja

[size=18pt]
PDP !![/size] wink grin

Lol, I feel you jor...

My mom is working her magic for me in ABJ right na, as soon as contract land, I'm off to Nigeria to go take care of it... National cake, I must follow chop my own. grin grin grin

On a more serious note, I MUST go to Nigeria FINALLY. It's really not that bad as people think. grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by manny4life(m): 11:56pm On May 25, 2013
collynzo2:
so how come the diasporans have the highest number of posts and spend the most time here on Nairaland? Go figure

Because they have less stress than you do. For instance, from work, I can log onto NL - working on one side of the screen while chatting on the other. It's common norm for most office staff to be chatting while on the job. So abeg, leave that one, many post don't translate into joblessness.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ifebosco: 11:57pm On May 25, 2013
bootlegaz:
Count me out bruv. I speak to my rep when ever I wish to and I know his name. God Bless United States.
i carry a european passport too for more than 10years now,i still see my selve as nigerian and strongly believe we are going to reach there one they

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by manny4life(m): 12:03am On May 26, 2013
Lots of Nigerians abroad often tend to disdain those hardworking folks in Nigeria. Honestly I give more credit to Nigerians with their suffer head than the ones here. Despite all odds, they make a living in harsh working environment AND the unfriendly economic policies, social vices and menace isn't helping. I still believe Nigerians abroad can change Nigeria i.e. if we have the will power to work together.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by ifebosco: 12:05am On May 26, 2013
manny4life: Lots of Nigerians abroad often tend to disdain those hardworking folks in Nigeria. Honestly I give more credit to Nigerians with their suffer head than the ones here. Despite all odds, they make a living in harsh working environment AND the unfriendly economic policies, social vices and menace isn't helping. I still believe Nigerians abroad can change Nigeria i.e. if we have the will power to work together.
how can selve centered people work together?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by rumours: 12:13am On May 26, 2013
automaticcarzz: I have been living in the U.S since year 2001. I will be returning home when there is 24hr power supply. When there is good road network. When police are able to respond to calls within 5 minutes. When there is emergency health and fire response squad that respond to emergency within 5 minutes. When there is rule and order. When the police stop brutalizing the people they suppose to protect. When there is true democrcy. When the President stops harassing political opponents. When there is adequate security of lives and properties.

It will still take long then.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 12:14am On May 26, 2013
manny4life: Lots of Nigerians abroad often tend to disdain those hardworking folks in Nigeria. Honestly I give more credit to Nigerians with their suffer head than the ones here. Despite all odds, they make a living in harsh working environment AND the unfriendly economic policies, social vices and menace isn't helping. I still believe Nigerians abroad can change Nigeria i.e. if we have the will power to work together.
What about the American trained professional that went to enugu to build a diagnostic center in Nnsuka and was assasinated? Boys ain't smiling in that harsh environment.

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by gothrones(m): 12:15am On May 26, 2013
justwise: No, thank you.

That was a rhetorical question.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by gothrones(m): 12:16am On May 26, 2013
@justwise

Every single post on this page is not addressing the issue. They are all on tangents. But alas, you are not hiding them.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 12:18am On May 26, 2013
ifebosco: i carry a european passport too for more than 10years now,i still see my selve as nigerian and strongly believe we are going to reach there one they
Dude there is no such thing as a patriotic Nigerian. Give those scumbags ranting on NL yankee or European visa, they will be the first to say *Baba God I Thank You oh* rumor has it that Odili built a world class hospital in South Africa. If Nigerian politicians and business men see no reason to seek medical help in Nigeria, you expect me an American born Nigerian to do same?

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 12:18am On May 26, 2013
bootlegaz:
What about the American trained professional that went to enugu to build a diagnostic center in Nnsuka and was assasinated? Boys ain't smiling in that harsh environment.

What about the rich American in America that was kidnaped and exeuted.. Boy are not smiling in that cool environment..... Nonsense..!!
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 12:20am On May 26, 2013
GooseBaba:

What about the rich American in America that was kidnaped and exeuted.. Boy are not smiling in that cool environment..... Nonsense..!!
Detail please? Don't spit and run

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 12:21am On May 26, 2013
bootlegaz:
Dude there is notsuch thing as a patriotic Nigerian. Give those scumbags ranting on NL yankee or European visa, they will be the first to say *Baba God I Thank You oh* rumor has it that Odili built a world class hospital in South Africa. If Nigerian politicians and business men see no reason to seek medical help in Nigeria, you expect me an American born Nigerian to do same?

Guy cool down... Nobody is forcing you... And what is this bull.sh.it about America born.. Does that make you superior in anyway..?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 12:22am On May 26, 2013
bootlegaz:
Detail please? Don't spit and run

Where is your own details....?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by manny4life(m): 12:30am On May 26, 2013
bootlegaz:

Yes, that was an unfortunate YET isolated incident, after all, eastern Nigerians who are wealthy have companies in the east and still transacting their business. There are tons of Nigerians who have gone home doing the same thing. My point is, the more we continue to bitchh about it, nothing fruitful will come out. If we want change, we have to be about it, you have to empower yourself before embarking on it.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by enyhss(m): 12:30am On May 26, 2013
I've been out of my beloved Nigeria since Fall 2001,& I've been back couple times. Though United States has been good to me, but home is always where the heart is.

Regardless of whatever the socioeconomic situation is in Motherland,I'll be back home permanently in less than a year by His grace.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 12:40am On May 26, 2013
GooseBaba:

Guy cool down... Nobody is forcing you... And what is this bull.sh.it about America born.. Does that make you superior in anyway..?
It makes me walk freely into any civilized country without knowing where their embassy is, unlike you that sleeps in south african embassy in Lagos for 3days to seek visa. Abeg make you hide your naija green passport when ever you wan travel, that thing dey cause commotion for foreign airport. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 12:41am On May 26, 2013
GooseBaba:

Where is your own details....?
Hahaha
A typical naija man....chai
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 12:43am On May 26, 2013
manny4life:

Yes, that was an unfortunate YET isolated incident, after all, eastern Nigerians who are wealthy have companies in the east and still transacting their business. There are tons of Nigerians who have gone home doing the same thing. My point is, the more we continue to bitchh about it, nothing fruitful will come out. If we want change, we have to be about it, you have to empower yourself before embarking on it.
A USA trained physician was killed in Benin two years ago, his case is now forgotten.
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 12:44am On May 26, 2013
bootlegaz:
It makes me walk freely into any civilized country without knowing where their embassy is, unlike you that sleeps in south african embassy in Lagos for 3days to seek visa. Abeg make you hide your naija green passport when ever you wan travel, that thing dey cause commotion for foreign airport. grin grin grin

So because we see things differently on this issue that means I am in Nigeria looking for visa to cut out...you are short sighted....
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 12:52am On May 26, 2013
MacLovington: .

Well with less than 10% comfortable enough to use generator for 24 hours, provide basic amenities for themselves, build high enough security fences, hire police as private security, send thir wards to good schools abroad, travel abroad for medical treatment PLUS widespread fear of armed robbers, Boko, Mbatse, no wonder embassies in Nigeria are full including Ukraine embassy.

The 40 laptop brigade should tell their financiers that the vast majority of Nigerians are not comfortable.

Millions depend on the $20 billion from diaspora annually for school fees, food, clothing, medication/healthcare, funeral, fuel for I-better-pass-my-neighbour gen sets etc.

shocked Ooooo painfull !

1 Like

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 12:53am On May 26, 2013
GooseBaba:

So because we see things differently on this issue that means I am in Nigeria looking for visa to cut out...you are short sighted....
You sounded like Bankole the opportunist. Play patriotism movie for those dummies and then milk them dry while they are drunk. grin grin
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 1:00am On May 26, 2013
bootlegaz:
You sounded like Bankole the opportunist. Play patriotism movie for those dummies and then milk them dry while they are drunk. grin grin

It's not your fault... Sebi your parents follow que for embassy to give you "American born"... Patriotism or no patriotism finding solutions is our main goal, not lamenting on her short comings....after you point out all the problems on the Internet then what.!?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by bootlegaz: 1:09am On May 26, 2013
GooseBaba:

It's not your fault... Sebi your parents follow que for embassy to give you "American born"... Patriotism or no patriotism finding solutions is our main goal, not lamenting on her short comings....after you point out all the problems on the Internet then what.!?
Start with your government and not me. They had scholarship and were retained by a government that appreciate her citizens hard work. Merit and not who you know. If your government can not protect life and property, why should I do that? Dana airline crash that killed innocent Nigerians, what has your government done for the family of those that lost love ones? In return they granted flying permit to that same Indian airline, is that not an insult?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 1:12am On May 26, 2013
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Ugosample(m): 1:15am On May 26, 2013
With this kinda attitude, Nigeria is going nowhere! It's always about competition and show off. The Nigerians at home trying to brag/show that they are better off financially than those in the diaspora and vice versa. Immigration is a matter of choice! Afterall, there're 15 million britons living outside Britain. If you wanna stay, stay; if not, leave. Simple and short. Dats all.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by GooseBaba: 1:15am On May 26, 2013
bootlegaz:
Start with your government and not me. They had scholarship and were retained by a government that appreciate her citizens hard work. Merit and not who you know. If your government can not protect life and property, why should I do that? Dana airline crash that killed innocent Nigerians, what has your government done for the family of those that lost love ones? In return they granted flying permit to that same Indian airline, is that not an insult?

They had scholarship from Nigeria ba?

And how many people have been jailed for American mortgage crises that triggered the recession?? Guy stop changing goal post... Stop comparing oranges with banana...?
Re: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? by Nobody: 1:18am On May 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Home? People still live abroad ? No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad.

A BLOODY LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother,me and mom.. live in US and if not for the fact that my four sisters are married..my whole family will be in usa! Living a wonderful life here.im only 20 but already hav my ride,pay my bill, work and go to school .. all my nigeria age mate on fcbook I look more healthy and happy than they do!! Always complaining about hunger! Btwn my bro comfortable own a house in nice neighbourhood here too so pls stop deceiving ppl that no comfortable nigeria lives abroad!! There re tousands of them! I used to deceive myself that way two yrs ago lmao

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

The Most Amazing , Beautiful Places In The World – Visit Once Before You Die / Plastic Jerrycan Used As Fuel Tank Inside A Bus In Benin, Edo (Photos, Video) / Truck On Fire At Iwo Road Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.