Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants (5749 Views)

Amaechi Helps Stranded Public Servants In Abuja.. See Photos / Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria / Osun Public Servants, Retirees At Winners Chapel For Food Today (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by anonimi: 10:03am On May 27, 2013
ba7man: BTW, I pay my taxes, it can be annoying atimes but i'm not complaining and i also have running water in my home courtsey LASG. Do you pay your taxes?? What have you done for your Government?? Its so easy to complain especially online.

Just saw your above addition to your initial post.
I pay substantial amount as taxes to the LASG.
I have

no running water in my home,
the road in front of my house is not tarred
and the gutter is not cleared by the LGA responsible.

I also know my situation is not different from that of the vast majority of Lagos residents
on whose behalf Fashola

collects monthly federal revenue allocation from Abuja
in addition to the IGR he gets from our pockets, wallets, purses and handbags
even plus including loans raised in our collective name.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by earthgreeners(m): 10:52am On May 27, 2013
Please kindly post the picture of the road in front of your house, your dirty gutter, and ur tap that is not running...

And please do not forget to tell us the name of ur street, and the part of Lagos you reside....

Until then....... I still consider you a Village moofoooo

anonimi: Just saw your above addition to your initial post.
I have

I also know my situation is not different from that of the vast majority of Lagos residents
on whose behalf Fashola

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by ba7man(m): 11:05am On May 27, 2013
anonimi:

Just saw your above addition to your initial post.
I have

on whose behalf Fashola

Well i have running water and a garbage truck comes to pick up my trash once a week. We street residents are responsible for cleaning our environments, packing it up in one collection spot and the garbage trucks pick them up. Where do you stay that these services don't reach you??
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by anonimi: 1:01pm On May 27, 2013
ba7man: Well i have running water and a garbage truck comes to pick up my trash once a week. We street residents are responsible for cleaning our environments, packing it up in one collection spot and the garbage trucks pick them up. Where do you stay that these services don't reach you??

What would you call a person who knows (or should know) a government tier (LGA) receives monthly allocation on his behalf from Abuja plus rates, levies etc to do a job and the LGA does not do the job BUT also turns around to ask those on whose behalf he received the money to do the job

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:

(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(h) provision and maintenance of public conveniences, sewage and refuse disposal;

4th Schedule 1999 Constitution

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by ba7man(m): 1:43pm On May 27, 2013
anonimi:

What would you call a person who knows (or should know) a government tier (LGA) receives monthly allocation on his behalf from Abuja plus rates, levies etc to do a job and the LGA does not do the job BUT also turns around to ask those on whose behalf he received the money to do the job

I'm sure you see those ladies that wear orange coloured over-alls that clean major streets and highways. They are a common sight.
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by anonimi: 1:58pm On May 27, 2013
ba7man: I'm sure you see those ladies that wear orange coloured over-alls that clean major streets and highways. They are a common sight.

I see we are both getting somewhere together on this.
I definitely see the Lagos state agents employed for the major streets and highways but I and most Lagos residents do not have our homes on the highways and major roads. You need to turn off to the feeder roads that are mostly in bad shape to enter your house gate. As you rightly said the current arrangement is that you the "street residents are responsible for cleaning our environments". That is VERY WRONG!!!

Those roads, the gutters and related "open spaces" should be maintained by the LGAs as stipulated in the 4th Schedule of the 1999 constitution.
14 years of Tinubu & Fashola administration, NOTHING is being done on this BASIC issue in most areas of the state probably with the exception of Ikoyi & VI.
That is the cluelessness I talk about from the MISPLACED PRIORITIES.

Six decades ago, under Awolowo as Premier in the Western region that stretched up to Yaba these BASIC issues of environmental sanity was PROPERLY handled with less money from cocoa mainly WITHOUT Niger Delta oil money.

Meanwhile Bola Tinubu pretended to be a successor to Awo when he ran for Lagos state governor in 1999.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by EkoIle1: 2:02pm On May 27, 2013
ba7man: I'm sure you see those ladies that wear orange coloured over-alls that clean major streets and highways. They are a common sight.

Stay away from village tribal trolls..

You really are wasting your time with that troll, you shouldn't let him troll you cos it wont stop, trolls have no sense and they don't make sense especially from their tribal corners and fixations.

And don't buy all the silly and old pictures that has nothing to do with Lagos of today or get fooled with his Lagosian nonsense because he's not a Lagosian, he's not a Lagosian, he's another hating and tribalistic villager.

Lagos is what he which your village is but unfortunately him you, not in his life time, not in his kids lifetime, not in his many generations to come lifetime
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by earthgreeners(m): 3:07pm On May 27, 2013
Eko Ile: Stay away from village tribal trolls..

You really are wasting your time with that troll, you shouldn't let him troll you cos it wont stop, trolls have no sense and they don't make sense especially from their tribal corners and fixations.

And don't buy all the silly and old pictures that has nothing to do with Lagos of today or get fooled with his Lagosian nonsense because he's not a Lagosian, he's not a Lagosian, he's another hating and tribalistic villager.

Lagos is what he which your village is but unfortunately him you, not in his life time, not in his kids lifetime, not in his many generations to come lifetime

Im still waiting for d troll to give me the name of the area he resides in Lagos...

Imagine d muguu expecting the Local government to help him clean his environment. I wonder what the monthly environmental sanitation exercise means to him.
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by EkoIle1: 3:10pm On May 27, 2013
earthgreeners:

Im still waiting for d troll to give me the name of the area he resides in Lagos...

Imagine d muguu expecting the Local government to help him clean his environment. I wonder what the monthly environmental sanitation exercise means to him.

lmao.. You go wait taya. The troll is from some village in abakaliki...
Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by jmaine: 3:29pm On May 27, 2013
earthgreeners: Please kindly post the picture of the road in front of your house, your dirty gutter, and ur tap that is not running...

Are you directly insinuating that Anonimi was wrong in his assertion that a vast majority of Lagosians supply themselves water and also organize to clean up the drainages intermittently as against the norm . . .

Please tell me if the entire mainland area has running water apart of the Iju/Ishaga axis . . .The dirty drianages nko . .Please don't even go there . .

P:S ==> The LASG is trying her best in building and expanding the drainages to cater for her inhabitants . . .Not forgetting the role we the inhabitants have in adopting a clean and sane cultural approach in managing our waste . . .

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants by anonimi: 5:51pm On May 27, 2013
earthgreeners:

Normally I ignore posters like you who have nothing to say but insults in serious discussions.
However in order to ENLIGHTEN those who might be fooled by the highlighted portion I will simply re-post what I posted earlier that you might have missed in your hurry to hurl insults.

anonimi:

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:

(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(h) provision and maintenance of public conveniences, sewage and refuse disposal;

4th Schedule 1999 Constitution

BTW, what is your LGA doing, 365 days of the year, if you have to clean your environment yourself

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Would You Manage Corruption In Nigeria If You Are President? / Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner / It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.