Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,162 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39825 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by amir99(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2013
armyofone: Yes, forgive.

The good book said: He who hath no sin should first cast the stone and the pharises left one by one.

Ka sha weewee ne? Wani shegen forgive? Kawai a bar wannan magana
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by heisenberg33: 8:05pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton: My fellow Nigerians, it is no wonder that we live today in the equivalent of a failed state. A failed state is characterized by lawlessness, immorality, anarchy and irrationality.
Did i mention corruption at all segments of society, including, unfortunately, the home.?

For some very strange reasons, we seem have an aversion for holding people accountable for their actions.
we always seem to have a get-out-of-jail card for every sin, thanks to our romance with morally ambiguous middle east religions.

Is it not one's moral and religious duty to hold adults accountable for their deliberate misdeeds?

Is marital vow not the most sacred of all vows?

Suppose that this op genuinely decides to forgive her for this very act, and then a few months later he discovers that she had been doing it for years, should he also forgive her?
Again suppose he decides to forgive her and then few months down the road, also discovers that she had been doing it with not just one man but with several men, should he also try to forgive her?

I can bet you anything that if the op digs deeper, what he will discover would completely blow his blind and shatter his spirit.

Op. Get this woman as far away from you as possible as soon as possible. You may then begin to forgive her long after she is gone from your life, not now.
It is the only way can regain and reinvigorate your human spirit, pride and self-esteem.
If you do not, you are defeated and your spirit may never rise to its full potential.

In fact i give you 1000 likes on everything you have said, very intelligent and practical. The problem is that many Nigerians pretend a lot, and are annoyingly sanctimonious that they seek to show off (only verbally of course) their spirituality always, without using their commonsense. This is the reason why you have seen a great number of people quoting bible verses that lend credence to forgiveness. But do not trust them, they do not mean it, they are only being quixotic. Most Nigerians use spirituality as a veneer to masquerade the deep evil inherent in their hearts. Most of them like you rightly pointed out will not advise their male kith and kin to stay with an adulterous woman. Every wise man out there knows that the wisest and honourable thing to do is to get away as far as possible from a cheating wife. "To err is human and to forgive is divine" they say, we are human so let us pass the responsibility of forgiveness to the divine

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 8:06pm On May 28, 2013
lorretta u: hey don't get it wrong.it's not a contest or whatever.I didn't even look at your pic so whatever you look like I don't know.not my biz anyway.
I'm just saying those ladies were trying to talk some sense and you came out with how many men are after you and how they'd lose it if they were in your shoes.WTF?
What lady doesn't have her fair share of male admirers.so coming here to post that as if you have more self control than other ladies here is what I see as demeaning.pls don't talk down on your fellow ladies.it's a big world out here.you don't know who's who.and that was petty of you.thanks.
grin grin grin noted. U'v being heard.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by viyon02: 8:11pm On May 28, 2013
Either way is never a sin, so it depend on in dividual.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 28, 2013
if you consider the anatomy and physiology of man and wifey gonads, you find out wifey is 14 times more likely to contract and harbour deadly pathogenic agents!!! compared to the man...when he chops vags with his JT he can easily clean mouth and nothing will happen. this is one of the reasons while so many participants in marriages quickly becomes old in time with wrinkled exhausted forlorn faces...too many dirty ugly hidden secrets.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: grin grin grin noted. U'v being heard.
uwcm
By the way just checked your profile,you're one damn pretty lady kiss
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by moodswing(m): 8:25pm On May 28, 2013
In his situation...............

God forgives, I don't . She's going home and never to come back even in my next life.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 8:30pm On May 28, 2013
lorretta u: uwcm
And you are one damn mature lady. Good attribute. Keep it up.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 8:31pm On May 28, 2013
lorretta u: uwcm
i'm sorry if i got on ur nerves. Its just that making me feel i was boastful stunned me. Because i know my friends actually tags me primitive, lowly and carefree. Cheers babes
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by devour129: 8:35pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: GUY HAD HIS MUSHROOM TIP IN HER BUSSIN ALL KIND OF NUTS WHILE SHE WAS CRYING FOR HELP LWTMB cheesy
I tot you are a pastor ? shocked

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 28, 2013
devour129: I tot you are a pastor ? shocked
NO I AM NOT. I JUST READ THE BIBLE. I DONT EVEN GO TO CHURCH wink
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bigiyaro(m): 8:42pm On May 28, 2013
CAPITAL NO
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bigiyaro(m): 8:45pm On May 28, 2013
armyofone: Yes, forgive.

The good book said: He who hath no sin should first cast the stone and the pharises left one by one.

i be original black African man, not a hypocritical pharise
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 28, 2013
obyrich:
And you are one damn mature lady. Good attribute. Keep it up.
thanks. smiley
oyin50: i'm sorry if i got on ur nerves. Its just that making me feel i was boastful stunned me. Because i know my friends actually tags me primitive, lowly and carefree. Cheers babes
it's ok.no hard feelings.
Besides if these men are gonna be treating us bad,the least we ladies can do is to look out for each other.besides friends can come from anywhere.they don't have to agree at first.it's all about an open mind.you take care.until the next topic of mutual interest comes in grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by devour129: 8:49pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: NO I AM NOT. I JUST READ THE BIBLE. I DONT EVEN GO TO CHURCH wink
I think someone should open a thread asking women especially the married ones reasons they think will force or push them to cheat.that way the men,Infact we will all learn from each other n maybe help us make better decisions.could have done that but don't know how to open a thread here.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by odiman: 8:54pm On May 28, 2013
nice post away from usual politic
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2013
devour129: I think someone should open a thread asking women especially the married ones reasons they think will force or push them to cheat.that way the men,Infact we will all learn from each other n maybe help us make better decisions.could have done that both don't know how to open a thread here.

Once a good idea comes to you don't wait act on it...I think you should open it.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by devour129: 8:59pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: I swear if all these chicks receive the hit from men i receive. They'd gone gaga with tonnes of men. Keep urselves abeg especially if married.
what's that they say about ladies every Tom,dick and Harry goes after..............? Trying to remember ,will be back when I do ! Hit from men indeed lwkmd
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Lebee4(m): 9:03pm On May 28, 2013
[quote author=armyofone]Yes, forgive.

[/quot
i suspect you
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 28, 2013
devour129: I think someone should open a thread asking women especially the married ones reasons they think will force or push them to cheat.that way the men,Infact we will all learn from each other n maybe help us make better decisions.could have done that but don't know how to open a thread here.
ITS A GREAT IDEA. LET ME GIVE YOU INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO OPEN A THREAD. GO TO WHATEVER SECTION YOU LIKE TO OPEN THE THREAD IN. LOOK ON THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER YOU WILL SEE A TAB CALLED CREATE A NEW THREAD. CLICK ON THAT. WRITE THE HEADING AND FILL THE BODY AND CLICK POST. VOILA wink
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 9:12pm On May 28, 2013
devour129: it might be a cry for help , it also might be she got carried away.its not always premeditated . Yes I know cos I learnt that in marriage course tongue
typical

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by armyofone(m): 9:14pm On May 28, 2013
To Whom It May Concern:

Sorry, I can't check your PM. I forgot my password and that email account no longer exist.

Thanks.

Hauwa.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by efun209990: 9:15pm On May 28, 2013
i hope misogynist men who have invented double standards take note. just like the thought of another man being with your wife is appalling, unforgiving and even distressing to imagine, it is the exact same feeling some wives after their husbands do the same. like i said earlier, if one cannot keep his or herself in the sanctity of marriage why bother getting married?. i believe whoever commits adultery is selfish and wicked, has no regard for the institution of marriage, if cheating is the option, then divorce first. i know why i am very vocal about this, i have seen the pain infidelity causes, deep scars ( i work in women's shelter) and i believe that any man or woman that will be desensitized enough to put his or her spouse through the pain and risk of adultery will always be paid back in one way or the other

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by redsun(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: LISTEN HERE BROTHER. WE ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WE ARE A NATION OF PEOPLE. BLACK PEOPLE THAT IS. AND IF I WAS BEING PRIDEFUL I WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE PUT ME IN MY PLACE. ITS FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY. A PRIDEFUL WOMAN OR MAN RUNNING AROUND HAS A WAY OF REVERBERATING AND AFFECTING THE WHOLE COMMUNITY.

I thought you would have been more subtle with a woman like the gentleman you always come across as?

Abi,you no be gentleman self?

Loretta looks to me like she sees everything good about her self,like she feels beautiful about herself.Minus the hair,which is not not exactly a problem,i give it to her.I see a black woman with natural hair as a conscious one,a woman that has got some substance.

She is probably a teacher too.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 28, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]this issue has nothing to do with forgiveness. One thing I'd like everyone to understand is that a cheating man is different from a cheating woman. A man can sleep with a different girl everyday and still luv his wife dearly but b4 a woman can sleep with any other man, it means she's no longer in luv with her husband. A woman luvs d latest man in her life not d husband she's now cheating on. So if d husband is not careful, he'll be six feet below in no time. My advice to any man that's caught his wife cheating is to just let go of her immediately. And if its abt divorce and d things one might loose through it, no worry, dis is Africa, she no go fit wait collect am. unless she wan pick agolo reach Port Harcourt grin
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 28, 2013
redsun:

I thought you would have been more subtle with a woman like the gentleman you always come across as?

Loretta looks to me like she sees everything good about her self,like she feels beautiful about herself.Minus the hair,which is not not exactly a problem,i give it to her.I see a black woman with natural hair as a conscious one,a woman that has got some substance.

GENTLEMAN ? NEVER BEEN CALLED ONE IN MY WHOLE LIFE grin grin
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 28, 2013
redsun:

grin grin of course that's what mama taught me.feel good about yourself.
As for obadiah777,he knows my comment wasn't prideful.rather it was one against another which I previously thought was prideful.but I understand,he felt bad cause I took a jab at the lady who was supporting his views.I'd have done the same. I forgive him.as for my hair,u guyz funny.what do you knw about hair?
That is synthetic hair.never meant to be passed of as real hair.I use fake hair a lot.so do many white women and more especially black women too.I leave my hair natural too when I please.though it makes me look like a baby.like I'm sixteen.but do I need to apologize to him for my hair?I don't think so.I really don't care about what he thinks of my appearance.just as long as we are objective on our contributions to NL.we can worry about our beauty or lack of it when we are with people who can actually see us.and not our picture of years or months ago.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by armyofone(m): 9:34pm On May 28, 2013
amir_99:
Ka sha weewee ne? Wani shegen forgive? Kawai a bar wannan magana

Tau, ba ne de dongo Magana.
Nagode.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by wwwkaycom(m): 9:37pm On May 28, 2013
Forgive her, die!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Carlmax(m): 9:51pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

It's just not fair.
If a man wants to be forgiven when he cheats, he should also be ready to forgive a cheating wife OR VICE VERSA. SHIKENA!

Let my wife divorce me if I cheat... Cos I won't keep her if she does. Women choose to forgive not because we beg for forgiveness, but ....
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Ugooluwa(m): 9:59pm On May 28, 2013
I'm sick and tired of all dis Gender Equality Stuff. In naija its a Man's world and I would definitely nt stay in d same house talk more of room wiv an adulterous wife. GOD FORBID!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 28, 2013
lorretta u: grin grin of course that's what mama taught me.feel good about yourself.
As for obadiah777,he knows my comment wasn't prideful.rather it was one against another which I previously thought was prideful.but I understand,he felt bad cause I took a jab at the lady who was supporting his views.I'd have done the same. I forgive him.as for my hair,u guyz funny.what do you knw about hair?
That is synthetic hair.never meant to be passed of as real hair.I use fake hair a lot.so do many white women and more especially black women too.I leave my hair natural too when I please.though it makes me look like a baby.like I'm sixteen.but do I need to apologize to him for my hair?I don't think so.I really don't care about what he thinks of my appearance.just as long as we are objective on our contributions to NL.we can worry about our beauty or lack of it when we are with people who can actually see us.and not our picture of years or months ago.
I RESPECT YOUR COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A VERY INTELLIGENT AND ARTICULATE PERSON. VERY RARE QUALITY IN NIGERIA THESE DAYS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

"How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out / My Wife Dated, Slept With 8 Different Men, Man Tells Judge / Outrage As Mother Fixes Nails, Eyelashes, Wig For Little Daughter (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.