Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39150 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by UyiIredia(m): 7:02pm On May 28, 2013
Unimke_Ak: NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!
Why should A married woman cheat, it is not our culture.

And why should a married man cheat, you chauvunist. Aksi note that despite cultural norms, married women still cheat.

Unimke_Ak: Also I think a child can live with and come to terms with the fact that his father sleeps around but for a woman the child won't be able to handle it, as our igbo brothers would say "MBANOR" "NOO".

A very foolish statement. I'll use myself as an example. My Dad decided to get another wife when my mum became a Christian_he was pagan. Whether or not he slept with this woman before he married her is not my concern, fact is it was an extra-marital affair, possibly involving adultery. My mum told us. Was I bothered ? Yes. I was concerned it would break up the marriage, it almost did. This is not to talk of the fact that you fail to give reason(s) for why childfen can accept adultery by husbands but not wives.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 28, 2013
Most men are so hypocritical. Wow.
"Forgive the man
Don't forgive the woman."
Anyway if you guyz like dance around the issue.play with it.try to colorize it,the fAct remains that what you give is what you get.simple as ABC.law of karma.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by precyjewell(f): 7:04pm On May 28, 2013
What will even make a woman to start sleepin around?its never in a woman's world to sleep around after marriage.for a married woman to be sleepn around,it means that she is promiscious and if the husband catches her nd forgives her,it won't stop her from infidelity.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by nenergy(m): 7:07pm On May 28, 2013
albridge: Is there a place for christian forgiveness in such a case?
The bible encourages forgiveness,but also 'allowes' divorce based on adultery. I value loyalty more than love.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 7:08pm On May 28, 2013
dealslip:
Ok that's better but please in all your future discourse especially on such sensitive discussions like this. Don't limit your corrections to women. If we as women automatically become cast away because of the same mistake a lot of men make. Why then are we unworthy of forgiveness? Take for instance some long distance marriages where spouses are apart for 2 years. Any of the spouses will likely commit adultery without any deepthinking. With everyone human being sex is the same let there be no disparity btw men and women. All we should strive for is self control. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. No double standards.
the fact is i really do not give a damn if Op forgives his wife or not. That's his perogative however the crux here is as a woman it is just filthy swinging the legs open for a random man. If u must pls cut ties from ur hubby via divorce. And pls lets stop all these goose gander stories. It validates immorality. If a man cheats goodluck to him, i wouldn't swim in the pool of filth because men are. Whatever happened to self-discipline. Se..x is not food for christ sake. Like someone interestingly puts it CHEAP THRILLS

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by UluemeFrank(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2013
Why did you refer to Christians? Is christianity only the religion on earth? Ok what does you muslims teach about such a disasterous act?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by DGREATBISHOP: 7:13pm On May 28, 2013
i will 4give her,but never to trust her again.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by badesco(m): 7:14pm On May 28, 2013
Yes forgive, but should get rid of her immediately if not he should expect the worst after. Adulterous wife is equal to a killer.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by mach7(m): 7:19pm On May 28, 2013
why is it that a lot of ladies are pushing the issue of forgiveness? are u having plans of cheating on ur spouses? well that said, i av to say that to forgive is good, but to forgive and let go(divorce) is even better. dis is to save u frm future 'SINS'
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by zentarr(m): 7:19pm On May 28, 2013
Matthew briggs: I will forgive But Seek a Divorce. My trust and love dies automatically on finding out.

The only conditions I can consider forgiving her is if by my action in our marriage I Clearly led her to commit adultery.

Actions like
-Neglecting her and not showing her love for extended period of time for no just cause.
-Unknowingly starving her of sex and neglecting her emotional needs due to my work.
-I engaged in an affair she found Out About.
-Leaving her for work or other things when she is emotionally vulnerable

As a person I am passionate by default, therefore showing love comes to me naturally. I intend to love, care, provide and protect my future wife, treat her like my queen. But if she abuses my love for her by cheating. I am off the marriage, without Blinking... I expect her to do same if I am guilty also.

To me adultery is less about the fact another man had access to my wife's honey pot. Because if she was Molested I will still have as my wife and help her in the healing Process.

But more of a breach of trust, and a sign of loss of respect and sanctity towards The Value of our union.

And as a person Trust and Respect is what I value more than even Love

I will not forgive for whatever reason. She becomes poo (past tense) to me when I find out
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: I swear if all these chicks receive the hit from men i receive. They'd gone gaga with tonnes of men. Keep urselves abeg especially if married.
like you're miss universe.please check other peoples profile pics before you start classifying yourself as the most sought after.cos I'm sure you ain't.and definitely the class of men who come after you matters.real polished and classy men don't fall for a woman who let's herself be walked over and pushed around.they love women with spirit,who don't take nonsense from low class scumbags.topshot men love a woman who can keep them inline.they love a woman whom the thought of her and everything about her keeps them from running after every dirty punny on the street.
Trust me on this.I know.
Cos I've got such a man.
PEACE

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 7:22pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Fornication which according to some school of thought is not even possible in marriage

God hates divorce very much
LWKMD. Your god hates divorce very much, treats an adulterer kindly and recommends that fornication should be the only acceptable ground for divorce by married couple. What a contrast! What a god!

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 28, 2013
lorretta u: like you're miss universe.please check other peoples profile pics before you start classifying yourself as the most sought after.cos I'm sure you ain't.and definitely the class of men who come after you matters.real polished and classy men don't fall for a woman who let's herself be walked over and pushed around.they love women with spirit,who don't take nonsense from low class scumbags.topshot men love a woman who can keep them inline.they love a woman whom the thought of her and everything about her keeps them from running after every dirty punny on the street.
Trust me on this.I know.
Cos I've got such a man.
PEACE
DID THE MAN BUY YOU THAT HORSE HAIR ON YOUR HEAD IN THE PIC grin grin grin JK wink

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 28, 2013
I can forgive if she can give reasons why she did it, promise and guarantee she will never do it again. That I can forgive without even looking back at what happened before, as in forget.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:26pm On May 28, 2013
lorretta u: like you're miss universe.please check other peoples profile pics before you start classifying yourself as the most sought after.cos I'm sure you ain't.and definitely the class of men who come after you matters.real polished and classy men don't fall for a woman who let's herself be walked over and pushed around.they love women with spirit,who don't take nonsense from low class scumbags.topshot men love a woman who can keep them inline.they love a woman whom the thought of her and everything about her keeps them from running after every dirty punny on the street.
Trust me on this.I know.
Cos I've got such a man.
PEACE

Checked your profile pic. you make sense, your man is Lucky. grin . But no insulting oyin50 she is saying the right thing

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Chynx(m): 7:32pm On May 28, 2013
armyofone: Yes, forgive.

The good book said: He who hath no sin should first cast the stone and the pharises left one by one.

This is a very biased response.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by UyiIredia(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2013
Trust me on this.I know.
Cos I've got such a man.
PEACE

Sincerely speaking, I threw my head back in laughter when I saw the profile pic of this poster. Those eyes grin grin grin ROFL.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 7:36pm On May 28, 2013
Trust me on this.I know.
Cos I've got such a man.
PEACE
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i just checked u would pass for a beauty peagant miss high class
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Princesszoe: 7:39pm On May 28, 2013
Saolab you cannot divorce if you have been unfaithful to your wife except if you have made restitution in which if that is the case, you will forgive her the first time out of the reason that you were once unfaithful. Bible never gave that instruction in matthew 19 vs 9 to adulterous men but faithful men that was why they said "if the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry". Coming to your second question. If you are a good and pratical christian you wouldn't have asked me that question. In the beginning God made them man and woman. Adam and eve and not adam, eve and evangeline. That alone should tell you the original plan of God. Apart from deuetromy 17 vs 17; 1 timothy 3 verses 12: Almost all the instructions given by God on marriage grounds throughout the new tastament were based on one man, one wife ideology. Ephesians 5 verses 28 reads HE that loveth his WIFE (not wives) loveth himself; verses 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, shall be joined unto his WIFE(not wives) and they TWO(not three) shall be one flesh; verses 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his WIFE(not wives) even as himself and the WIFE(not wives) see that SHE(not they) reverence HER(not their) husband. I have quoted enough. The scripture says something about some men "perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth.....i hope you are not one of them.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 7:43pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: the fact is i really do not give a damn if Op forgives his wife or not. That's his perogative however the crux here is as a woman it is just filthy swinging the legs open for a random man. If u must pls cut ties from ur hubby via divorce. And pls lets stop all these goose gander stories. It validates immorality. If a man cheats goodluck to him, i wouldn't swim in the pool of filth because men are. Whatever happened to self-discipline. Se..x is not food for christ sake. Like someone interestingly puts it CHEAP THRILLS
Another rational human being with active conscience.What some people do not know is that their children and younger ones will one day go through what they are busy uploading on this forum today. Whatever post one makes here is one's own way of contributing to the collective morality of the society. Once again thank you for not being economical with the truth.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by redsun(m): 7:43pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: DID THE MAN BUY YOU THAT HORSE HAIR ON YOUR HEAD IN THE PIC grin grin grin JK wink

That is harsh coming from amargeddom preacher like you.Even though the horse hair thing may be right.

I think black women should do away with wigs in order to restore their human dignities and beauties.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 7:44pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah77
7:

DID THE MAN BUY YOU THAT HORSE HAIR ON YOUR HEAD IN THE PIC grin grin grin JK wink
this is so not not nice. Damn!!!! U r mean
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:46pm On May 28, 2013
Princess zoe: Saolab you cannot divorce if you have been unfaithful to your wife except if you have made restitution in which if that is the case, you will forgive her the first time out of the reason that you were once unfaithful. Bible never gave that instruction in matthew 19 vs 9 to adulterous men but faithful men that was why they said "if the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry". Coming to your second question. If you are a good and pratical christian you wouldn't have asked me that question. In the beginning God made them man and woman. Adam and eve and not adam, eve and evangeline. That alone should tell you the original plan of God. Apart from deuetromy 17 vs 17; 1 timothy 3 verses 12: Almost all the instructions given by God on marriage grounds throughout the new tastament were based on one man, one wife ideology. Ephesians 5 verses 28 reads HE that loveth his WIFE (not wives) loveth himself; verses 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, shall be joined unto his WIFE(not wives) and they TWO(not three) shall be one flesh; verses 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his WIFE(not wives) even as himself and the WIFE(not wives) see that SHE(not they) reverence HER(not their) husband. I have quoted enough. The scripture says something about some men "perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth.....i hope you are not one of them.

Are you trying to use bible to make us not divorce an adulterous woman... Damit, unfaithful or not faithful. if she commits adultery one can divorce her.. My bible supports it.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 7:49pm On May 28, 2013
Matthew briggs:

Checked your profile pic. you make sense, your man is Lucky. grin . But no insulting oyin50 she is saying the right thing
Check oyin's picture and comment.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Thank you jare. Don't mind these hypocrites.
my character is such that I can be unpleasantly blunt if the situation needs.so I'm not going to sugar coat this.
I THINK YOU'RE A BIG HYPOCRITE.
I hope I'm wrong.for the sake of the unfortunate woman who is or will end up as your wife.
Come to our health centre,I'll show you priviledged statistics of women who have been infected with the deadly HIV virus from their philandering husbands because they think God gave them a divine right to fvck any woman that catches their fancy.I just keep wondering why he didn't give them divine protection against std's too.did you knw that there's no shade of grey in God's word?it's either white or black.anD he won't bend his laws to satisfy your randy d*ck
Adultery is bad.Man or Woman.
Pls get that into your twisted mind.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 28, 2013
redsun:

That is harsh coming from amargeddom preacher like you.Even though the horse hair thing may be right.

I think black women should do away with wigs in order to restore their human dignities and beauties.
LISTEN HERE BROTHER. WE ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WE ARE A NATION OF PEOPLE. BLACK PEOPLE THAT IS. AND IF I WAS BEING PRIDEFUL I WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE PUT ME IN MY PLACE. ITS FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY. A PRIDEFUL WOMAN OR MAN RUNNING AROUND HAS A WAY OF REVERBERATING AND AFFECTING THE WHOLE COMMUNITY.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:53pm On May 28, 2013
obyrich:
Check oyin's picture and comment.

I just did... she make mad sense... she is an "asan'wa Baby"

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by undisputednesta(m): 7:54pm On May 28, 2013
armyofone: Yes, forgive.

The good book said: He who hath no sin should first cast the stone and the pharises left one by one.

but d same gud book provides d basis 4 divorce wich is adultery. Don't try to pull a fast one cos dat statement u quoted was meant 4 d pharisee
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 28, 2013
Yes, on a good reason. Run, for a bad reason. So, it all depends on the reason behind the adultery.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i just checked u would pass for a beauty peagant miss high class
hey don't get it wrong.it's not a contest or whatever.I didn't even look at your pic so whatever you look like I don't know.not my biz anyway.
I'm just saying those ladies were trying to talk some sense and you came out with how many men are after you and how they'd lose it if they were in your shoes.WTF?
What lady doesn't have her fair share of male admirers.so coming here to post that as if you have more self control than other ladies here is what I see as demeaning.pls don't talk down on your fellow ladies.it's a big world out here.you don't know who's who.and that was petty of you.
Some dudes aren't happy I bashed the only woman giving them moral support.sorry but my stand remains the same
@OYIN50;I just hope you don't compromise on this issue of man and woman faithfulness,cos u might end up a victim.seen it happen a lot.
The same yardstick Should be used in judging both.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 8:02pm On May 28, 2013
lorretta u: my character is such that I can be unpleasantly blunt if the situation needs.so I'm not going to sugar coat this.
I THINK YOU'RE A BIG HYPOCRITE.
I hope I'm wrong.for the sake of the unfortunate woman who is or will end up as your wife.
Come to our health centre,I'll show you priviledged statistics of women who have been infected with the deadly HIV virus from their philandering husbands because they think God gave them a divine right to fvck any woman that catches their fancy.I just keep wondering why he didn't give them divine protection against std's too.did you knw that there's no shade of grey in God's word?it's either white or black.anD he won't bend his laws to satisfy your randy d*ck
Adultery is bad.Man or Woman.
Pls get that into your twisted mind.
This is the gospel truth. Anyone who feels they are too cute, rich, intelligent, connected, celebrated etc to keep faith in marriage should not venture into it all. Marriage is not compulsory. I think it is more embarrassing to be caught in the adultery scandal and its attendant risks than to remain unmarried.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Reference(m): 8:03pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua: My own problem still lies in the fact that if a man were to be caught cheating, the story changes!
Why should it be any different for any gender?

No. He will be called goat, dog and the lot. We know them even on this forum, hypocrites. They know how to quote bible today. Let's keep this thread on ice till the man gets caught tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / My Sister Married An Efulefu. What Should She Do? / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.