Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,533 members, 7,958,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39838 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 6:24pm On May 28, 2013
mbulela:
I just tire.
May my sisters not fall in to the hand of mysogynistic men like you.
I just tire for your logic.
my sister he is saying the truth now. There are 3 reasons a married woman will cheat and they all involve her heart. 1. Nymphomania(self gratification) se.xual greed and dissatisfaction.
2. Materialism, lust or vain pursuits
3. Total loss of love, affection or emotion for spouse.
Tnk u ma

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by vixen2: 6:25pm On May 28, 2013
Mehn . . . . dats crazy, but anyhow
forgiveness 1st.
But wait oh! wat if its d man invlved??
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by biolabee(m): 6:27pm On May 28, 2013
See analysis...

Decryptor: SMH @ some of the comments from sissy-men here. I caught my ex whom i was to wed sometime last year cheating and i kicked her aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ .se to the curb one hand! How much more a woman i call my wife. It is not out of this world that here in Nigeria, women will definitely forgive their spouse if caught cheating because of the status marriage put them. It would be so demeaning for a woman who was once married to suddenly go back to her father's house and become single again. Secondly, the thought of her fellow woman (whom the husband cheated with) taking over her matrimonial home is painful enough.
Compare the Western world such as the United States where if a woman divorces a man' she gets custody of the children and all the other things such as the house, cars etc remains in her possession and the husband pays her monthly alimony for the upkeep of the children. I can bet my life on it that if that was the case in Nigeria, no nigerian woman will ever think of forgiveness! Infact, we would constantly witness countless situations whereby a woman would deliberately set her husband up in an infidelity rap in order to claim his wealth and belongings. We all know how materialistic the average Nigerian woman is in our society. So pleaseeee all these NL ladies ranting here, save your sermons! I know what is in the dark mind of most Nigerian women of today.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: my sister he is saying the truth now. There are 3 reasons a married will cheat and they all involve her heart. 1. Nymphomania(self gratification) sexual greed and dissatisfaction.
Tnk u ma
YALL WOMEN NEED TO GET LESSONS FROM OYIN HERE IN HOW TO BE A 'REAL WOMAN' grin

MEN WANT 'REAL WOMEN'
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Ampeaceful(f): 6:29pm On May 28, 2013
Whether 2 divorce or not 2 completely depends on d husband..matthew 19:9 says ''I say 2 u dat whoever divorces his wife,except on d ground of fornicatn ,n marries another commits adultery''. 2 avoid d risk of contactin STDs 4rm d adulterer. @op d decisn absolutely lies on d husband,b4 he determines wat 2 do he shuld ask himself:does she sincerely feel remorse n sorry 4 d act? Can i 4giv her if she ask 4it?wat abt our kids? Hav i ever cheated on her b4? think abt hw much u wnt her by ur side, whether u also hav d spirit of 4givnes.All of us sin against God evry sec.bt he 4givs us even b4 we ask 4it.. it depends on u 2 decide cuz ad. is d only reasn 2 divorce ones spouse .. gudluck!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:30pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: my sister he is saying the truth now. There are 3 reasons a married will cheat and they all involve her heart. 1. Nymphomania(self gratification) sexual greed and dissatisfaction.
Tnk u ma

Oya answer the question below:
dealslip:

Madam can i ask a question. is it ok for men to cheat since the sancity of upholding marriage appears to be the sole duty of women. A straight yes or no will be perfect.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Donald1987(m): 6:30pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Remorseful?
Big laugh. Would you not be if you were caught red handed?
Are armed robbers not remorseful when they are caught?
C'mon man.
The problem with we Africans, perhaps especially Nigerians, is the we always put sentiments where they do not belong.
We always put the square peg in the round hole.
For a woman to commit adultery requires long serious forethought. Before a woman contemplates such actions, she has to mentally damn her husband and convince herself that her husband deserved the damnation and humiliation.
Secondly, by the time the husband had discovered, she would have been doing it for a very long time.
Thirdly, once a cheater, always a cheater.
Fourth, if you ever ever forgive a cheating wife, you are forever doomed.
You will drop to minus zero in her eyes.
You would have given her all the powers she only dreamed of. She will completely emasculate you and turn you into a vegetable of your former self.
I luv ur comment,in ma place if a woman does n d man acept her wtout folowin d due proces which is traditional cleansin, which involve kilin of goat den d man shud prepare 4 his death
Let god do the forgiving for that kind of stuff. You are not god. You are human.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 6:30pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Look, we do not care about the discourse your have with your hubby.

It's women like you who give men the confidence to sleep about.
sleep around if u will, no one cares. It's ur elasticity maam.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Oya answer the question below:
DONT NOBODY WANT NO SASSY WOMAN LIKE BUKATYNE. WHAT KINDA NAME IS DAT ANYWAY ? DO YOU RUN A BUKA ? undecided
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by thundey95(m): 6:31pm On May 28, 2013
na choice oooo, abi? buh for me.....ko jor
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 6:32pm On May 28, 2013
Decryptor: It's possible she is one of the numerous type who will be married but still be lusting after other guys. I had about 3 of them on my BBM list who just saw me and started having hot pants and funny enough, i just led them on for sometime just to amuse myself and wondered at amazement till i got tired of it all and deleted them. It was and is still scary that i fear to even get married!
i love the word LUSTING. That there is their problem.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:32pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: sleep around if u will, no one cares. It's ur elasticity maam.

Just when I thought it was cool

The post below refers...
bukatyne:

If you do not understand English, don't quote me.

Where in this six paged thread did I condone infidelity or advocate it?

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by biolabee(m): 6:33pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: sleep around if u will, no one cares. It's ur elasticity maam.

elastic deformation becomes plastic and irreparable after lots of expansion - Hookes Law cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:34pm On May 28, 2013
I won't
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 6:34pm On May 28, 2013
dealslip:

Madam can i ask a question. is it ok for men to cheat since the sancity of upholding marriage appears to be the sole duty of women. A straight yes or no will be perfect.
Capital No.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:35pm On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: DONT NOBODY WANT NO SASSY WOMAN LIKE BUKATYNE. WHAT KINDA NAME IS DAT ANYWAY ? DO YOU RUN A BUKA ? undecided

And who told you I care what you want or don't want?

If I pass you in Balogun market, I wouldn't know you so why should I care?

Like seriously?

As for my username, I run a buka tongue

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 6:36pm On May 28, 2013
I swear if all these chicks receive the hit from men i receive. They'd gone gaga with tonnes of men. Keep urselves abeg especially if married.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

And who told you I care what you want or don't want?

If I pass you in Balogun market, I wouldn't know you so why should I care?

Like seriously?

As for my username, I run a buka tongue
grin grin LWKM
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by ocelot2006(m): 6:39pm On May 28, 2013
Yep, forgive her. But still divorce her.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 6:42pm On May 28, 2013
dealslip:

darling, hope i answered ur question.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by coogar: 6:42pm On May 28, 2013
albridge: When a mans trust in his wife is betrayed by her having affairs with other men and he caught her red handed with a man on top of her should he still stay married to her or divorce her? Is there a place for christian forgiveness in such a case?

there's no forgiveness in infidelity!
no, i will not forgive her and kicking her to the curb is the sanest decision one can make. it's better to be single then to be married and constantly thinking another man is boning one's wife!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by saolab: 6:44pm On May 28, 2013
Which means d man should remain with her adulterous wife? Please, can u tell me where in the bible that said man should marry only one wife.
Princess zoe: A man is biblically allowed to divorce his adulterous wife if he has been faithful to her otherwise he will remain umarried and equally zip up(celibate) and if he shuns God's instruction by going into another marriage, he will become a permanant adulterer thereby attracting righteous curse for his new wife and children. The scripture says "Who is the person that can deliver one when God placed a curse on him" and i guess the answer is "nobody". The bible says that anyone who wants to come to equity must come with a clean hand. Let us all be guided.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by sakabien: 6:45pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Remorseful?
Big laugh. Would you not be if you were caught red handed?
Are armed robbers not remorseful when they are caught?
C'mon man.
The problem with we Africans, perhaps especially Nigerians, is the we always put sentiments where they do not belong.
We always put the square peg in the round hole.
For a woman to commit adultery requires long serious forethought. Before a woman contemplates such actions, she has to mentally damn her husband and convince herself that her husband deserved the damnation and humiliation.
Secondly, by the time the husband had discovered, she would have been doing it for a very long time.
Thirdly, once a cheater, always a cheater.
Fourth, if you ever ever forgive a cheating wife, you are forever doomed.
You will drop to minus zero in her eyes.
You would have given her all the powers she only dreamed of. She will completely emasculate you and turn you into a vegetable of your former self.

Let god do the forgiving for that kind of stuff. You are not god. You are human.
Still looking for an appropriate word to tell u hw correct u re.Forgive an adulterious wife and take ur death certificate.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2013
I will forgive But Seek a Divorce. My trust and love dies automatically on finding out.

The only conditions I can consider forgiving her is if by my action in our marriage I Clearly led her to commit adultery.

Actions like
-Neglecting her and not showing her love for extended period of time for no just cause.
-Unknowingly starving her of sex and neglecting her emotional needs due to my work.
-I engaged in an affair she found Out About.
-Leaving her for work or other things when she is emotionally vulnerable

As a person I am passionate by default, therefore showing love comes to me naturally. I intend to love, care, provide and protect my future wife, treat her like my queen. But if she abuses my love for her by cheating. I am off the marriage, without Blinking... I expect her to do same if I am guilty also.

To me adultery is less about the fact another man had access to my wife's honey pot. Because if she was Molested I will still have as my wife and help her in the healing Process.

But more of a breach of trust, and a sign of loss of respect and sanctity towards The Value of our union.

And as a person Trust and Respect is what I value more than even Love

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by UyiIredia(m): 6:47pm On May 28, 2013
Someone has imported poor reasoning from the Religion section.

plaetton: My fellow Nigerians, it is no wonder that we live today in the equivalent of a failed state. A failed state is characterized by lawlessness, immorality, anarchy and irrationality.
Did i mention corruption at all segments of society, including, unfortunately, the home.?

Agreed.

plaetton: For some very strange reasons, we seem have an aversion for holding people accountable for their actions.
we always seem to have a get-out-of-jail card for every sin, thanks to our romance with morally ambiguous middle east religions.

Errant kids are flogged, thieves (at least phone thieves as reported in this forum) are sentenced and murderers and looters are jailed. Of course, this doesn't excuse the fact that the nation's justice system is tedious and sometimes (if not most times) partial. Bottom line: People are still held accountable. And what does humanism or your atheism have to offer ? Unambiguous morality, kuo. Maybe you forget that the kind of sexual permissiveness that promotes adultery are upheld by BOTH atheists and religionists. I SURMISE that a larger percentage of atheists a sexually permissive.

plaetton: Is it not one's moral and religious duty to hold adults accountable for their deliberate misdeeds?

It is.

plaetton: Is marital vow not the most sacred of all vows?

What makes it sacred ? I ask since the usual reason is div
ine injuction. You are an atheist, so state your basis for implying that marital vows are the most sacred.

plaetton: Suppose that this op genuinely decides to forgive her for this very act, and then a few months later he discovers that she had been doing it for years, should he also forgive her?
Again suppose he decides to forgive her and then few months down the road, also discovers that she had been doing it with not just one man but with several men, should he also try to forgive her?

The above is a recipe for marital disaster. Possibly, in some cases, the spouse may, surprisingly, forgive the adulteress.

plaetton: I can bet you anything that if the op digs deeper, what he will discover would completely blow his blind and shatter his spirit.

As if that is the only possible case. There could be the case of rape, blackmail or a one-time misadventure. Assuming however, that this is true nothing prevents the OP from divorcing her or finding the courage to stick it out with the intent of making her change.

plaetton: Op. Get this woman as far away from you as possible as soon as possible. You may then begin to forgive her long after she is gone from your life, not now.
It is the only way can regain and reinvigorate your human spirit, pride and self-esteem.
If you do not, you are defeated and your spirit may never rise to its full potential.

Okay.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by UnimkeAk(m): 6:48pm On May 28, 2013
NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!
Why should A married woman cheat, it is not our culture.

Also I think a child can live with and come to terms with the fact that his father sleeps around but for a woman the child won't be able to handle it, as our igbo brothers would say "MBANOR" "NOO".
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:53pm On May 28, 2013
Unimke_Ak: NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!
Why should A married woman cheat, it is not our culture.

Also I think a child can live with and come to terms with the fact that his father sleeps around but for a woman the child won't be able to handle it, as our igbo brothers would say "MBANOR" "NOO".

So it is our culture for married men to cheat?

What a culture!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 6:54pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

I hate when people twist the Bible to suit themselves.

The Bible did not divorce as option to anything. The two punishments are in different testaments. Christ did not approve stoning but He approved divorce? You are a joker!

He was only stating the acceptable reason for divorce
not approving it. There is the permissible will of God and there is the Perfect will of God.
Please, if I may ask, what is the acceptable reason for divorce stated by Christ?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 6:56pm On May 28, 2013
obyrich:
Please, if I may ask, what is the acceptable reason for divorce stated by Christ?

Fornication which according to some school of thought is not even possible in marriage

God hates divorce very much

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Princesszoe: 6:57pm On May 28, 2013
What baffles me is that i have never seen for once a single place in the bible where adulterous women were cursed but i have seen more than 4 verses in the bible where curses were placed on adulterous men. Proverbs 6 verses 32-33 says BUt whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding, he that doeth it DESTROYETH HIS OWN SOUL, A WOUND AND DISHONOUR SHALL HE GET AND HIS REPROACH SHALL NOT BE WIPED AWAY. Proverbs 5 verses 20-23 says And why wilt thou, my son be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger? For the ways of man are before the eyes of the lord, he pondereth all his goings, HIS OWN INIQUITES SHALL TAKE THE WICKED HIMSELF, AND HE SHALL BE HOLDEN WITH THE CORDS OF HIS SINS, HE SHALL DIE WITHOUT INSTRUCTION, AND IN THE GREATNESS OF HIS FOLLY HE SHALL GO ASTRAY. 1 Peter 3 verses 7 says Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving HONOUR unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, THAT YOUR PRAYERS BE NOT HINDERED. But that does not exonerate an adulterous woman. Obadia777 your post was very carnal. Marriage was instutionalized by God and Him alone has the right to say how He wants His product to be used. Once you committed adultery, be you man or woman, you have defiled your marriage. Am sure you have heard about david and the punishments his suffered as a result of one stand adultery. The bible says that whomever you sleep with, authomatically becomes one body with you meaning that everyone is at the receiving end. Whoever that gave you that message, got the idea from the pit of hell. Drop that perverted message and be a full follower of christ. You need a mind renewal. Your spiritual eye of understanding will open by the time you accept the word of God into your life and not the perverted word of man which will lead you to doom. Revelation 21 verses 8 says But the fearful, UNBELIEVING, and abominable, and murders, and adulterers(man and woman).......shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire ...... Please my brother accept the divine truth of God for only it shall set your mind free from corruption and eternal damnation.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by dealslip(f): 6:58pm On May 28, 2013
oyin50: Capital No.
Ok that's better but please in all your future discourse especially on such sensitive discussions like this. Don't limit your corrections to women. If we as women automatically become cast away because of the same mistake a lot of men make. Why then are we unworthy of forgiveness? Take for instance some long distance marriages where spouses are apart for 2 years. Any of the spouses will likely commit adultery without any deepthinking. With everyone human being sex is the same let there be no disparity btw men and women. All we should strive for is self control. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. No double standards.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by oyin50(f): 7:00pm On May 28, 2013
dealslip:
Ok that's better but please in all your future discourse especially on such sensitive discussions like this. Don't limit your corrections to women. If we as women automatically become cast away because of the same mistake a lot of men make. Why then are we unworthy of forgiveness? Take for instance some long distance marriages where spouses are apart for 2 years. Any of the spouses will likely commit adultery without any deepthinking. With everyone human being sex is the same let there be no disparity btw men and women. All we should strive for is self control. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. No double standards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

My Wife Dated, Slept With 8 Different Men, Man Tells Judge / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out / My Husband Refused To Take A Second Wife, Please Separate Us, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.