Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight (36527 Views)

Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) / First International Flight Lands At Enugu Airport Amidst Jubilation / First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by UNLEASHED(m): 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mr. Knowitall, is that all?
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by aminho(m): 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
And alomo bitters
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by goshen26: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
Ok
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
They wont even look your way let alone say hello
Mr knowitall.:
^^^^^^The do nots are

Illegal drugs...leave those things are home

Bags of gari, Iyan, fufu, and other things you think they wont have abroad scratch that...leave em

The juju that some people like to carry in their back pocket....leave that thing..its not gonna work where you are going.

But the best thing any Nigerian can leave behind is the Nigerian mentality....you are late on your NEPA bill so you

bribe the NEPA guy...NO NO NO NO....if you are going to the U.S.....and you bring that with you...the government will

put the screws down on you real hard.
....and you will have a hard time adjusting...because a 10 year old kid...wont

greet you how are you doing sir...he'll just tell you what's up.....and you tell him cool...and go about your merry

way....

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by supaeagles(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju: I guess this advice is for those who fly Economy Class and Premium Economy.. Biko, what about Business Class and First Class Passengers? What should we bring?!
bring the 'sweetest smelling' crayfish along with you to join it with the fine food you will be served in biz class smiley

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by GentleNaaz(m): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
Just last week i enterd flight from naija 2 portugal with my alomo bitters, as usual. As we wr 7000km above d sea level, i ws sipn my alomo, a man beside me shouted " we dont take such here pls tro dat alomo away from d window" evryone started stearing at me. I ws embarrasd. But as i ws already charged, hvn drank 2 bottles of alomo n still drinkn d third one, i opened d window threw away something. 15 minutes later i noticed d man beside me ws missn while i ws still holdn my alomo. But as sharp dude, i hv 2 maintain

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
Kul
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
On long haul flights. Stay-up all the day before. Make sure you haven't slept in like 16-20hrs prior to the flight. When you get on board, tell the person seating next to you to inform the flight attendant not to disturb you and place any meal they like when its time for breakfast/dinner or what have you. By the time you wake up, the plane will be descending. Works like a charm and you don't have to deal with the boring movies, noise, and what not.
Oh and Oh, make sure you visit the bathroom like 20 times before getting on the plane so you don't have to deal with thea NASTY smell in the bathrooms.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
naijacutee:

I-pass-my-neighbour-mentality

Dont hate the passenger, Hate the airline... tongue

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by neneslim(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
adaobi123: The airlines I've been with gives it passengers blankets, however I'll still bring a jacket just in case wink

Comfortable shoes, socks, a book or magazine, a mp3 player or an ipod tongue

Have your passport and boarding pass ready too.
if u re flyimg with QATAR airways u dont need any of dat apart from ur passport nd bording pass rjen a comfy shoe cos they now stream latest movies on there 7inch head rest DVD and last songs with some news channel and a good headphone. U ve over five hundred movies there and so many songs of diff genre. Dey give u blankets and quality food and even serve beers and wine. To me QATAR AIRWAYS is the best then EMIRATE before BRITISH AIRWAYS. worst international flight is KENYA AAIRWAYS cos when i board it from thailand i wasnt myself for days....

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
Gentle Naaz: Just last week i enterd flight from naija 2 portugal with my alomo bitters, as usual. As we wr 7000km above d sea level, i ws sipn my alomo, a man beside me shouted " we dont take such here pls tro dat alomo away from d window" evryone started stearing at me. I ws embarrasd. But as i ws already charged, hvn drank 2 bottles of alomo n still drinkn d third one, i opened d window threw away something. 15 minutes later i noticed d man beside me ws missn while i ws still holdn my alomo. But as sharp dude, i hv 2 maintain
Guy,how many bottles of Alomo you take before you comment? because e be lyk say your head no correct

6 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
neneslim:
if u re flyimg with QATAR airways u dont need any of dat apart from ur passport nd bording pass rjen a comfy shoe cos they now stream latest movies on there 7inch head rest DVD and last songs with some news channel and a good headphone. U ve over five hundred movies there and so many songs of diff genre. Dey give u blankets and quality food and even serve beers and wine. To me QATAR AIRWAYS is the best then EMIRATE before BRITISH AIRWAYS. worst international flight is KENYA AAIRWAYS cos when i board it from thailand i wasnt myself for days....

Really ? They sound really good but I've never flown with them. Hmmm a trip to the arab world is pending tongue
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by kingjohnny(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
cash is the paramount

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Idowuogbo: Kaikai, kolanut, cocaine sweets and weed cake.
hahahaha, my stomachgringringrin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by akereconfi: 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
Pls can some1 tell me how many Hours is the flight from Nigeria to Hungary ( Budapest). Headin to BME
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Btruth: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

you can...not Iyan and soup of course but a bag of chips, snacks, and things like that....

.......then, I won't consider those as food either.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by dolphinife: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
The last time I wanna board an arik flight to south africa, I hid two canned juice, table water and snacks in my hand luggage, the custom officers after the screening, told me to either throw the juice away and d snacks or I should eat them. Since then, I have observe that no Nigerian airline allows any passenger to carry any food on-board.

Moreso, I stand to be corrected, no nigerian airlines would allow u to bring-in your i-pod, i-pad and some musci gadgets. Your phones must be in switch off mode prior to take off and landing so dat d network would tamper with the air traffic control communications.

And as for those of us who think that aeroplanes do have parachutes, we better wake up from our slumber. No aeroplane in d world is fitted with parachutes except for the helicopters. And u must be trained to be able to use parachutes, otherwise, your death beckons.

@OP, what I hate most in all these is when d aeroplane is airborne, and u suddenly started hearing annoying and disgusting snoring/snores from different angles, especially those white motherfuckers. Its very irritating

3 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
[b]My own is that If you are travelling on a Journey that is more than 6 hours, requires a transit and most especially if you are flying Economy;

1. Bring a Blanket.. Not just for the plane but for the Transit Airport as well. (for transit purposes for Business class and first class flyers.. )

2. Bring entertainment.. A book, A Laptop with movies, A handheld game console... Whatever entertains you. (all classes of flyers)

3. Carry Money.. Preferably in U.S Dollars (as this is accepted Worldwide).. OR Bring your Mastercard. For shopping at your transit airport. Even for buying stuff on the plane.. (Applicable to all classes of flyers)

4. Carry a small toothpaste and Brush.. Small because they wouldnt allow you board with toothpastes larger than a certain ML. (DOnt bring a large toothpaste that you have used and is remaining small o!! They still wouldnt allow it). This is important because your mouth must smell after 6hrs of flight and prolly another 6hrs from Transit point to destination. (Most airlines provide this for Business class and first class passengers)

5. Chewing Gum.. Helps maintain a certain Acidity/Alkalinity balance in your mouth. (all classes of passengers)

6. Socks.. Your leg must Freeze. These Oyinbo airports are always so cold. (Business and First class flyers need not bother.. The airline would provide you with this free)

7. Universal Adaptor.. As you cross from Nigeria - Europe - America - Asia, Thats how the Sockets in all these countries change. You dont want to be stranded in an airport looking for how to charge your Phone, Laptop or game console. (cuts across all classes of Passengers)

8. ....... Erm!!! Thats all for Now.

Before another player hater comes here and statrs hating on the class emphasis of my post, Let me just say that most airlines provide better services in First & business class than they do in Economy and Premium economy. Things like Socks, toothpaste and brush, shoe horns, chocolate, e.t.c. are provided to these classes of fliers but not to Economy class passengers. On some planes, First and Business class passengers can even shower on the plane. grin

If you are a member of the premium level of Airline clubs, you dont have to bother with most of these items as even on your transit, you will be in the VIP lounges of these airports being pampered like a boss that you are.. grin

CHUKWUDI!!!!!! Make sure say you no put Opkoroko and Ogiri for my hand luggage again o!! angry
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by akereconfi: 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
Gentle Naaz: Just last week i enterd flight from naija 2 portugal with my alomo bitters, as usual. As we wr 7000km above d sea level, i ws sipn my alomo, a man beside me shouted " we dont take such here pls tro dat alomo away from d window" evryone started stearing at me. I ws embarrasd. But as i ws already charged, hvn drank 2 bottles of alomo n still drinkn d third one, i opened d window threw away something. 15 minutes later i noticed d man beside me ws missn while i ws still holdn my alomo. But as sharp dude, i hv 2 maintain

bros from lagos to PH, arik dey cruise at 35,000 feet above sea level...... Naija to portugal nai b 7000?

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Bleszin(f): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

I guess this advice is for those who fly Economy Class and Premium Economy..

Biko, what about Business Class and First Class Passengers? What should we bring?!
Wrapper... grin
Okija_juju:

Biko, what about Business Class and First Class Passengers? What should we bring?!
Wrapper...
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
dolphinife: The last time I wanna board an arik flight to south africa, I hid two canned juice, table water and snacks in my hand luggage, the custom officers after the screening, told me to either throw the juice away and d snacks or I should eat them. Since then, I have observe that no Nigerian airline allows any passenger to carry any food on-board.

Moreso, I stand to be corrected, no nigerian airlines would allow u to bring-in your i-pod, i-pad and some musci gadgets. Your phones must be in switch off mode prior to take off and landing so dat d network would tamper with the air traffic control communications.

And as for those of us who think that aeroplanes do have parachutes, we better wake up from our slumber. No aeroplane in d world is fitted with parachutes except for the helicopters. And u must be trained to be able to use parachutes, otherwise, your death beckons.

@OP, what I hate most in all these is when d aeroplane is airborne, and u suddenly started hearing annoying and disgusting snoring/snores from different angles, especially those white motherfuckers. Its very irritating

You cant bring in drinks. You have to buy drink after security not before security. That's the policy worldwide.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Yvete(f): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
neneslim: To me QATAR AIRWAYS is the best then EMIRATE before BRITISH AIRWAYS. worst international flight is KENYA AAIRWAYS cos when i board it from thailand i wasnt myself for days....

Wait till you fly Singapore Airlines - Bliss! Its economy class feels like first class. US Airways is beyond horrible.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
adaobi123:

You cant bring in drinks. You have to buy drink after security not before security. That's the policy worldwide.

Even after security.. Some Airlines still would not allow you board..

If you shop for drinks in duty free, it will be seal in a bag and handed to you at the boarding point.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Rooneyboy(m): 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Imanuelle: Space booked till my flight to Cotonou. ...

grin grin grin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

If you shop for drinks in duty free, it will be seal in a bag and handed to you at the boarding point.

Really ? Which airline ?
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
adaobi123:

Really ? Which airline ?

Airfrance..

Charles de gaulle Airport & Pearsons International.

I shopped in Duty free at both airports, paid.. They simply took my ticket details and told me I would recieve it at the gate. And lo.. At the gate, was my shayo and perfumes in a properly sealed bag. The other non liquid items were handed to me at the counter.

KLM & Lufthansa as well.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

If they did that, then they "ojoro-ed" you. Those snacks and drinks you buy are way more expensive than regualar prices. The day they refuse me from carrying it on the plane is the day what happened in 1965 will repeat itself

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Rooneyboy(m): 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2013

What are u "presently" high on

SMH
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by DerMeister: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

For Business & First class passengers on ABC Express shuttle, Please bring your ticket and cash for okpa!!

3 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
A-town:

If they did that, then they "ojoro-ed" you. Those snacks and drinks you buy are way more expensive than regualar prices. The day they refuse me from carrying it on the plane is the day what happened in 1965 will repeat itself

Hahahahahaaaa..

Na even Duty free sef I dey talk.. If na from outside airport.. OMO!! Nothing for you...

Come see as airport attendants dey rush to clear dustbin for airline gates and steps na.. Dustbin wey get Juice, Lacasera, Zobo, Chivita, Viju milk, Capri-sonne, Ribena, Lucozade, e.t.c.... ALL FULL!! grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

come wit :
1)one bag of garri,
2)two bottles of peanut (ground-nut),
3) 30kg weight of kuli kuli,
4) 4 packs of sugar.
5) 10 sachets of cowbell.
People dey talk u wan still talk, as if u don enter above keke nape.
Open ur mouth Mk I fart put.
Metcheew

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2013
DerMeister:

For Business & First class passengers on ABC Express shuttle, Please bring your ticket and cash for okpa!!

Correct guy!!

God Bless 9th Mile Okpa... Does sign of the cross..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagosians Groan As Massive Traffic Jams Bring The City To A Halt. / FAAN Fumigates Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt Airports Ahead Of Reopening / End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.