Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight (36725 Views)

Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) / First International Flight Lands At Enugu Airport Amidst Jubilation / First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by xGun: 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
Kayusfity: CHAI!!! THIS TOYIN GIRL DEY MAD OO. SHE NEVER COME SINCE AND KONJI DEY WORRY ME BADLY angry angry

Na †ђξ Konji go kill U̶̲̥̅̊
U̶̲̥̅̊ beta go luk 4 Goat
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by BashToks: 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
Gentle Naaz: Just last week i enterd flight from naija 2 portugal with my alomo bitters, as usual. As we wr 7000km above d sea level, i ws sipn my alomo, a man beside me shouted " we dont take such here pls tro dat alomo away from d window" evryone started stearing at me. I ws embarrasd. But as i ws already charged, hvn drank 2 bottles of alomo n still drinkn d third one, i opened d window threw away something. 15 minutes later i noticed d man beside me ws missn while i ws still holdn my alomo. But as sharp dude, i hv 2 maintain

EWOOOOO!!! 7000km above sea level. Na heaven u go o nor be portugal.
If na 7000feet ehen...

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
BashToks:

EWOOOOO!!! 7000km above sea level. Na heaven u go o nor be portugal.
If na 7000feet ehen...

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
ItsModella:
You haven't been on Delta then. That one na molue, with their old air hostesses and yeye food.
my broda flew delta frm MMA 2 Atlanta ,he said it wasn't 2 bad
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by ronnietilo: 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
Chewing gum - Chew when your ears ache due to change in pressure
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by GooseBaba: 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

I flew Delta once and swore never again...

And na business class o! Wetin remain na for person to start to preach or sell medicine inside.

Yeeparipa...!! I like delta .... Woleeeee kon le'..I dey manage money.. Eye dey red.. Old mama youngie naim full dia remain...

I used to think only Nigerians clap, praise God and thank pilot.. Took a short flight from Atlanta to Maryland we hit major turbulence come see oyinbo, Chinese, akata dey bind demons and thinz..fear no good ohh..but at least we were flying high when it happened. After that I begin smell sh.it, some people do sh.it full chair.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
GooseBaba:

Yeeparipa...!! I like delta .... Woleeeee kon le'..I dey manage money.. Eye dey red.. Old mama youngie naim full dia remain...

I used to think only Nigerians clap, praise God and thank pilot.. Took a short flight from Atlanta to Maryland we hit major turbulence come see oyinbo, Chinese, akata dey bind demons and thinz..fear no good ohh..but at least we were flying high when it happened. After that I begin smell sh.it, some people do sh.it full chair.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by GooseBaba: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
peacein9ja: Arik Airline is the best but only goes to New York. They serve 9ja food comfy seats with lots of leg room, personal tv, free headphones, nice bathroom. If you fly Business the seat turns to bed. I love Arik plus it is owned by a Nigerian and the Pilots are Nigerian. Over 6 feet like me don't even try Air France you will regret it unless you want the free wine. Delta is roomy too.

Haven't flown Arik before. Air-France the bastards begin ask me immigration question for their language how dem want make i answer and they were overpriced. Delta airline correct prize, roomy as loose Congo and I enjoyed the jollof rice and fried plantain with goat meat..though their plane rugged I still fly Delta on a regular... No shakins ..!!
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by ibkgab001: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
Lolllllllllllllllll grin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
GooseBaba:

Haven't flown Arik before. Air-France the bastards begin ask me immigration question for their language how dem want make i answer and they were overpriced. Delta airline correct prize, roomy as loose Congo and I enjoyed the jollof rice and fried plantain with goat meat..though their plane rugged I still fly Delta on a regular... No shakins ..!!
Delta gave you jollof rice, fried plantain and goat meat? are you sure? where did you fly to?

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by amanikondo: 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
My first flight to Amsterdam, myself and the guy beside me dey drink beer as if we dey beer parlour and we were drunk.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by GooseBaba: 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
ItsModella:
Delta gave you jollof rice, fried plantain and goat meat? are you sure? where did you fly to?

From Atlanta to Nigeria .... One way no bus stop...
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Konjour(m): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
Additionally,handlullages that easily fit into the overhead carraige and can be carried about for long periods by you (especially for destinations that require transit flights) without giving you a hunch-back. cheesy If you've got a bigger bag stowed in the plane's hold,take a few of the most important items you've got in it with you...Stuff you can't risk losing. A Padlock too can be useful,especially if your handluggage is not equipped with a code-lock facility. You don't wanna be caught unawares.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by ozoemeka(m): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
get a jacket or a mediumly thick blanket...its cold inside the air plane and a 18 hour flight will only make it colder.

bring your own food...because that crap they serve on board will not be enough that's if you are able to stomach it...

Cash
...yeah i know this is obvious but most people don't....sometimes the plane has to do an emergency landing because of bad weather....and it could take hours before another clear cloud roles through...and if you don't have cash....you gonna be hurting....

and if you can try and get a seat all they way in the back...because they always try and fill up the plane from the front to the back...so sometime the back is empty...

[size=16pt]PLEASE IS THERE A PSA FOR NIGERIANS TO BE FREAKIN QUIET ON THE PLANE[/size][size=16pt][/size]....like geesh these guys think it's a market place "Ah Ola, I go jam you for Lagos now no shaking" screaming from the front to the back...gosh
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by GooseBaba: 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2013
Konjour: Additionally,handlullages that easily fit into the overhead carraige and can be carried about for long periods by you (especially for destinations that require transit flights) without giving you a hunch-back. cheesy If you've got a bigger bag stowed in the plane's hold,take a few of the most important items you've got in it with you...Stuff you can't risk losing. A Padlock too can be useful,especially if your handluggage is not equipped with a code-lock facility. You don't wanna be caught unawares.

Don't get me started with hand Hand-luggage ... Some Nigerians no dey hear word. Imagine some carry big box call am hang luggage and the they even have the audacity to start raising their voice.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by chinnyonwu(m): 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
Abeg no vex. When plane crash, e dey affect pple for 1st class?

3 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Konjour(m): 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
Additionally,bring along handlullages that can easily fit into the overhead carraige and can be carried about for long periods by you (especially for destinations that require transit flights) without giving you a hunch-back. cheesy If you've got a bigger bag stowed in the plane's hold,take a few of the most important items you've got in it with you...Stuff you can't risk losing. A Padlock too can be useful,especially if your handluggage is not equipped with a code-lock facility. You don't wanna be caught unawares.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
GooseBaba:

From Atlanta to Nigeria .... One way no bus stop...
I never see where Delta dey give person jollof rice, fried plantain and goat meat o. I know they give some useless snack which I think is a pathetic attempt at meat pie.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by GooseBaba: 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
ozo_emeka:

[size=16pt]PLEASE IS THERE A PSA FOR NIGERIANS TO BE FREAKIN QUIET ON THE PLANE[/size][size=16pt][/size]....like geesh these guys think it's a market place "Ah Ola, I go jam you for Lagos now no shaking" screaming from the front to the back...gosh

Lmao..!!!! Them plenty for delta airline... Houseboy a wey dey form effizzy...one with a $200 sneaker was promoting his wire transfer company... The guy wan catch mugu for 35000 feet...
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin NOTHING
Okija_juju:

I guess this advice is for those who fly Economy Class and Premium Economy..

Biko, what about Business Class and First Class Passengers? What should we bring?!
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by GooseBaba: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
ItsModella:
I never see where Delta dey give person jollof rice, fried plantain and goat meat o. I know they give some useless snack which I ike to think is a pathetic attempt at meat pie.

I tell you say me na regular... They do serve naija cuisine with pieces of goat meat..I dey wait the day dem go serve yellow garri or amala with okra soup...and their regular pieces of meat... And all the old hostess sabi naija well well... So we dey flow correct..

Me: Aunty the food no plenty na!
Hostess: guy cool down, this no be your papa house.
Me: but I am from delta state
Hostess: this is a plane, that one wey you talk na your village.
Me: but am a paying customer
Hostess: oya take your wahala too much.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by spikesC(m): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
GooseBaba:

Lmao..!!!! Them plenty for delta airline... Houseboy a wey dey form effizzy...one with a $200 sneaker was promoting his wire transfer company... The guy wan catch mugu for 35000 feet...

grin grin grin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
GooseBaba:

I tell you say me na regular... They do serve naija cuisine with pieces of goat meat..I dey wait the day dem go serve yellow garri or amala with okra soup...and their regular pieces of meat... And all the old hostess sabi naija well well... So we dey flow correct..

Me: Aunty the food no plenty na!
Hostess: guy cool down, this no be your papa house.
Me: but I am from delta state
Hostess: this is a plane, that one wey you talk na your village.
Me: but am a paying customer
Hostess: oya take your wahala too much.
I am a regular too and I have never seen them serve plantain, jollof rice and goat meat.

Nice jokes tho grin grin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by GooseBaba: 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
ItsModella:
I am a regular too and I have never seen them serve plantain, jollof rice and goat meat.

Nice jokes tho grin grin

No worri next time dem serve naija delicacies I go take picture come open new thread for NL... Delta dey compensate us for flying their jaguda plane.. grin

I see say you self get the jaguda spirit.... Delta all the way ...!! grin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

Even after security.. Some Airlines still would not allow you board..

If you shop for drinks in duty free, it will be seal in a bag and handed to you at the boarding point.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

Even after security.. Some Airlines still would not allow you board..

If you shop for drinks in duty free, it will be seal in a bag and handed to you at the boarding point.
in my own case. it was kept in a sealed bag and handed to me. I carried it all the way to board on my own. same CDG.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
GooseBaba:

No worri next time dem serve naija delicacies I go take picture come open new thread for NL... Delta dey compensate us for flying their jaguda plane.. grin

I see say you self get the jaguda spirit.... Delta all the way ...!! grin
Abeg eh, I don port to KLM/Air France tey tey. grin grin

Delta dey too rugged.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by HARDDON: 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
godjohnson: Things to carry If your'e boarding dana airlines :
1.Portable Parachute
2.Two cans of Redbull *gives you wings* grin grin grin

scrap those.... just come along with an EXTRA-LIFE
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
Goat meat on delta ?!?!? Since when ? Lol
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by auskenfine(m): 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
Fly flew past flown and flew flied into fly. If you have not flied pls flew! Hahahaha don't park ur comments here,just fly past zooooooooooooooo!
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
adaobi123: The airlines I've been with gives it passengers blankets, however I'll still bring a jacket just in case wink

Comfortable shoes, socks, a book or magazine, a mp3 player or an ipod tongue

Have your passport and boarding pass ready too.
Ipod ni, is your phone not good enough for music or are you trying to save battery power?
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images / State Of Roads In Sango Ota Ogun State (pictures) / VACATION: Recent AirTrip Pictures to The State Of Maryland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.