Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt (28007 Views)

Atm Suspension Is Suicidal, Another Apc Policy Summersault / Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan / Okorocha - My Suspension By APGA Is Irrelevant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Tofax: 5:25pm On May 27, 2013
Embattled Governor of Rivers state, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, has said his suspension from the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, was done in haste and outside the confines of the law.

Amaechi who spoke Monday at an Interactive Session in Port-Harcourt said, hence the allegations cited were already in the law court it was illogical for the National Working Committee, NWC, of the PDP to sanction him to that extent.

Reacting through the state Commissioner for Information, Mrs Ibim Semenitari in Port Harcourt on Monday, Amaechi said “We are concerned, as we believe this is political witch hunt. It is worrisome”.

“The reason given is the suspension of the Obio/Akpor council. This is purely a legislative matter and done in accordance to the laws of local government councils in Rivers State,”Amaechi stated.

He described the action of the NWC as laughable.

The Governor who said his problem with the party executives at the national level started when he dissolved the local councils in the state said, efforts were underway to re-consider the decision when an order came from Abuja to re-instate the chairmen.

“Today, they called an emergency NWC meeting of the party by 7am when people are trying to bath and go out. Now if our party obeys rules. Law and order, (right?) the matter is in court. Can the house do anything? When the matter is in the court, can anybody do anything? The problem is, after we have a problem, do we want to obey the law?”

“Whether we are going to do that is in the powers of the state assembly. I know the powers of the assembly. I was a Speaker and I used it. If the House of assembly therefore decides to suspend the council chairmen, that is not governor Amaechi”.

On the Nigerian Governors Forum, NGF, elections which took place over the weekend, he said, he contested and won just as he advised the parallel Chairman of the NGF, Jonah Jang to concerntrate his energies on other things.

“If they all join hands to fight me and I still won, they should do what? Join me to thank God. Because what it means is that god has spoken and don’t go against God’s will. If you go against God’s will, it will not go well. You it happened when I was in Ghana. For ten months, I fasted and I prayed…..They should allow democracy to reign”.

“I had an engagement with the Inspector-General of Police on the state police issue and he said Governors will abuse the powers of the state police. Who is abusing police powers now? If you said you don’t want to privatize the police, (because the police has been privatized) and allow the police to be for the benefit of the public. And imagine if you and I cannot go to court to seek protection, where else can we go to? If you go to court and they said they give you protection and someone said, ‘to hell with the Court’ where will you go to? Are we under military regime?”, he stressed

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/my-suspension-is-politicial-witch-hunt-amaechi/
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by MadCow1: 5:57pm On May 27, 2013
We know Mr. Amaechi...

My advice is to go and apologise to Mr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-BvndFLtaH6M/UJDDHZ_NWQI/AAAAAAAAVnY/z9_iZml-GVU/s1600/godfather+kissing+the+ring.jpg[/img]

46 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by zolajpower: 5:59pm On May 27, 2013
how is it politically motivated? if your hands are clean who will come after you

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by ATMCARD2(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2013
Tofax:

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/pdp-has-no-respect-for-the-law-my-suspension-witch-hunt-says-amechi/
.U DESERVE MORE THAN THAT,COZ U'RE 2 ARROGANT.U CAN'T FIGHT 2 PRESIDENT.A lesson 4 u.

18 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by venorite(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2013
Hmm mmm. This ish no be for here oooo* continues siping alomo with agege getting bread*
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by colombiana: 6:01pm On May 27, 2013
SNITCH!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by ichommy(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2013
Clash of the .....
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by AlhajiPastor: 6:01pm On May 27, 2013
come and join APC!

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by jmoore(m): 6:02pm On May 27, 2013
Are you a learner? smh

What will you say when they send the EFCC dogs after you?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Built2last: 6:03pm On May 27, 2013
Amaechi, i cant tell you how this will end but i guess you will loose..our democracy has so much powers vested in the center....you should know better...talkless, do more. The best way to silence your critics is to produce results.focus on giving result to rivers people who elected you they will rise to defend you..if you continue this way. you will soon be in the ash bin of history

33 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Regiblinkz(m): 6:03pm On May 27, 2013
Who cares

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by genxris: 6:04pm On May 27, 2013
Park well joor...just do the right thing and peace will reign
What is happening is what is called politicking and it is allowed

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by alphaconde(m): 6:04pm On May 27, 2013
Hunt them back simple

But come to think of it, ameachi is successfully doing a second term even when the rivers pple didn't initially vote him why is he opposing GEJ second term aspiration. Do u see the reason why I don't support him?

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 27, 2013
Only fools tread where angels dread..na'abba's ar.sse is still feeling Obj's bulala till today...

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Opey4luv(m): 6:07pm On May 27, 2013
I thought this is a democratic country, everybody has the right to vote for anybody he or she wishes and to be voted for. Why is pdp suspending this dude, this is not cool.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by hensben(m): 6:08pm On May 27, 2013
Built2last: Amaechi, i cant tell you how this will end but i guess you will loose..our democracy has so much powers vested in the center....you should know better...talkless, do more. The best way to silence your critics is to produce results.focus on giving result to rivers people who elected you they will rise to defend you..if you continue this way. you will soon be in the ash bin of history
well said

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by sizzlers(m): 6:09pm On May 27, 2013
We don hear, I like dat seun, thumb up jus for those wey no sabi the rules
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by badmeat(m): 6:09pm On May 27, 2013
We are the Rivers people who voted him,He is taking this too far!His arrogance is getting to our nerves,

19 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by chrisdoller(m): 6:10pm On May 27, 2013
Hmmm! This drama is becoming very intresting.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by searay(m): 6:11pm On May 27, 2013
I hope the grasses would not suffer in this fight.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by sizzlers(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2013
:DTrue is bitter, u have said it all
Built2last: Amaechi, i cant tell you how this will end but i guess you will loose..our democracy has so much powers vested in the center....you should know better...talkless, do more. The best way to silence your critics is to produce results.focus on giving result to rivers people who elected you they will rise to defend you..if you continue this way. you will soon be in the ash bin of history

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Truckpusher(m): 6:14pm On May 27, 2013
Mr Amaechi we knew all this ,but lesson number 1 ....you don't fight a sitting power,after all you don't go into a fight and you expect not to sweat...enough said.

Just take this one as one of your first numerous bitter pills to swallow.
*whistling osadebe's music with my two hands in my pocket whilst strolling*

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by prodam(m): 6:14pm On May 27, 2013
When the usual politicking was actually going on, we were not informed. Now that things tend to fall apart,you are trying to gain more people to your side.
Nigerians are wiser.

Mr Governor, you are a PDP breed deal with it using the usual round-table method.
GooodLuck

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 27, 2013
So the action of the NWC is actually contemptous of the court?
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by israel007: 6:15pm On May 27, 2013
It's about time all you old men give way to young men to show this nation what we can become.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 27, 2013
Truckpusher: Mr Amaechi we know all this ,but lesson number 1 ....you don't fight a sitting power,after all you don't go into a fight and you expect not to sweat...enough said.

Just take this one as one of your first numerous bitter pills to swallow.
*whistling osadebe's music with my two hands in my pocket whilst strolling*

Let me guess what ur whistling?

*Makojo Anyi ga ebi*

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by emekatimsu(m): 6:17pm On May 27, 2013
Amaechi should visit Orji uzor kalu, Atiku Abubakar and James Ibori,they will educate him on the lessons they have learnt frm dragging power with there superior.
He shuld go and reconcile with hs brother,he stands to gain more by been united with hs brother.

16 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2013
Sure, we knw it's a witch-hunt!
But look at the bright side, u are scoring cheap popularity point with the game on!
So, dnt come here and expect sympathy-the best way to win d people's heart. If u wanna stay relevant, leave a legacy in terms of development in ur state, and stop lettin us knw u are being hunted. That, we knw!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 27, 2013
This fool should stop ranting and DECAMP to APC already! If the PDP doesn't want you, what's the point of constituting yourself into a nuisance?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Commissions Ultra Modern NBA House In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Crisis Looms Between Presidency, Senate / Pictures Of Top PDP Presidential Aspirants Picking Their Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.