Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers (27813 Views)

Support Fayemi's Nomination, Fayose Tells Ekiti National Assembly Members / Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People / Civil Servants; Have You Been Paid Your September Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by lalasticlala(m): 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
Civil servants and teachers in Ekiti State agitating for the payment of their outstanding September salaries got a piece of bad news from the state chief executive on Friday.

Governor Ayo Fayose told them to forget the payment of the salary at least for now.

The governor who disclosed his decision while featuring on his monthly media chat, “Meet Your Governor”, said the precarious financial situation of the state would not allow him to pay workers September salaries.

Fayose also revealed that governors of Jigawa, Adamawa and Katsina States sent rams and cows to him as part of their contributions to his “stomach infrastructure” agenda for Christmas celebrations.

He explained that he took the step in his desire to make Ekiti people happy and ensure that they do not go hungry during the festive season.

While urging workers in the state to exercise patient with his administration, Fayose emphasized that the financial position of the state is so bad to the extent that he had reached an agreement with some banks to give the state what he called “financial leeway” for six months to enable him pay salaries.

The governor explained that the deductions from the allocation of the state from the Bond sourced by the last administration and commercial loans obtained from banks had adversely affected the state finances.

Fayose pointedly told civil servants, teachers and other government workers to stop complaining and adjust themselves to the prevailing realities maintaining that he would not be deceiving them on issues affecting governance.

He said, “I became governor on October 16 and that is two months and ten days now and I want to state categorically that I have managed resources of the state very well.

“Now coming here to tell the people that I will pay September salaries, no, no, I will not say that. The salaries I am paying now, I had interface with banks to give me leeway for six months to be able to arrange myself, “Fayose declared.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/no-september-salary-now-fayose-tells-ekiti-workers/

2 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by gbeseun(m): 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
Kile oti seyisi ogo,ekiti kete

8 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by freshness2020: 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
Well said our gomina! I know what ♈όϋ can do!
Τ̲̅ђe good thing is that ♈όϋ still have τ̲̅ђe masses at heart unlike some American governor here in Lagos making favours for the rich in detriment of the masses!
May Ūя̲̅ days be long!

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by LaurelP(m): 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
Stomach infrastructure first!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by aresa: 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
What salaries do they want again? I though they are all belefull with stomach infrastructure, chicken and rice....

After the drama, trash talk and comedy and free chicken and rice, the painful realities of governance is now setting in...

U na neva jamm ...You reap what you sow grin grin

141 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Day11(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
I somehow like dis dude.

angry

13 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by aresa: 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
Day11:
I somehow like dis dude.

angry

Especially if you are not one of the unpaid civil savants with mouths to feed and bills to pay...

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by gratiaeo(m): 6:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
Are this people truly this poor?
FG need to setup special poverty alleviation program for Ekiti and other Yoruba states

8 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
As long as you guys have not decided to accept the following below,

Poverty will keep making flesh until it becomes what we can see physically

Resource control

Fiscal federalism

Privatization

Political federalism

Decentralization of Nigeria

Restructuring of Nigeria

Institutions submitting their quarterly activities to public scrutiny

Which are the fastest route to economic diversification , citizenry prosperity and political greatness

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by free2ryhme: 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
lalasticlala:
Civil servants and teachers in Ekiti State agitating for the payment of their outstanding September salaries got a piece of bad news from the state chief executive on Friday.

Governor Ayo Fayose told them to forget the payment of the salary at least for now.

The governor who disclosed his decision while featuring on his monthly media chat, “Meet Your Governor”, said the precarious financial situation of the state would not allow him to pay workers September salaries.

Fayose also revealed that governors of Jigawa, Adamawa and Katsina States sent rams and cows to him as part of their contributions to his “stomach infrastructure” agenda for Christmas celebrations.

He explained that he took the step in his desire to make Ekiti people happy and ensure that they do not go hungry during the festive season.

While urging workers in the state to exercise patient with his administration, Fayose emphasized that the financial position of the state is so bad to the extent that he had reached an agreement with some banks to give the state what he called “financial leeway” for six months to enable him pay salaries.

The governor explained that the deductions from the allocation of the state from the Bond sourced by the last administration and commercial loans obtained from banks had adversely affected the state finances.

Fayose pointedly told civil servants, teachers and other government workers to stop complaining and adjust themselves to the prevailing realities maintaining that he would not be deceiving them on issues affecting governance.

He said, “I became governor on October 16 and that is two months and ten days now and I want to state categorically that I have managed resources of the state very well.

“Now coming here to tell the people that I will pay September salaries, no, no, I will not say that. The salaries I am paying now, I had interface with banks to give me leeway for six months to be able to arrange myself, “Fayose declared.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/no-september-salary-now-fayose-tells-ekiti-workers/

How did he become Governor in the first place

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by RockMaxi: 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
Talking about September salary in December yet no hope for payment...
This is what Ekiti people chose for themselves. Bad. embarassed

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by olapluto(m): 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
How many votes will it take you to know? how many terms will it take you to know? You go know oooo...
Take chicken till you go yo! take ricey till you go yo!
Who needs salary when they can have free chicken from his excellency

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
gratiaeo:
FG need to setup special poverty alleviation program for Ekiti and other Yoruba states

The price for Awo supporting Gowon in retaining the unitary system because of the false hope of becoming President

Is

Regional poverty

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Why didn't Fayemi pay September Salary? What is wrong with our political leaders? What is/was the justification for witholding salaries of workers? Is it political? This is immoral and a big shame. However, Fayose should understand that government is a continuum. Being the helmsman, it is a must that he pay workers rather than hiding under the cloak of "we are broke". He must look for ways to generate fund and offset the outstanding salary bill. He should stop insulting the sensibility of ekiti indigens with his "stomach infrastructure". God help our country

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Sylvarresta(m): 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abeg make those people no use cry disturb us, they brought it upon theirselves, sebi de don eat rice and chicken, wetin de wan use salary do again
Up Ekiti
Up stomach infrastructure

17 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by dominique(f): 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Is the state really that broke?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Firefire(m): 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ekiti will surely be re branded after the monumental destruction by Fayemi of APC.

12 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
Bruteforce101:

Emmanuel, were you not part of the destitutes Fashola deported the other day. So you have return to Lag abi. Ugly thing...

olapluto:
How many votes will it take you to know? how many terms will it take you to know? You go know oooo...
Take chicken till you go yo! take ricey till you go yo!
Who needs salary when they can have free chicken from his excellency

RockMaxi:
Talking about September salary in December yet no hope for payment...
This is what Ekiti people chose for themselves. Bad. embarassed

Keep waiting for oil wealth instead of fighting to control your resources and taxes in order to use it to wipe out poverty

5 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by donphilopus: 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
Some workers be like "Provided the 'stomach infrastructure' is going well, we don't need our salaries again. You can keep it for all we care." cheesy grin Keep enjoying enduring Fayose till 2018!

11 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by STENON(f): 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
Hmmmmmm..............

Hmmmmmmm.........

Hmmmmmm.........

I reserved my comment.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by anonimi: 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
Does this mean he [Fayose] has paid October - December salaries

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Firefire(m): 6:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
barcanista:
Why didn't Fayemi pay September Salary? What is wrong with our political leaders? What is/was the justification for witholding salaries of workers? Is it political? This is immoral and a big shame. However, Fayose should understand that government is a continuum, being the helmsman, it is a must that he pay workers rather than hiding under the cloak of "we are broke". He must look for ways to generate fund and offset the outstanding salary. He should stop insulting the sensibility of ekiti indigens with his "stomach infrastructure". God help our country

Good question: what makes Fayemi not to pay September salary before leaving

Can't Tinubu borrow Fayemi money to pay

I presume the guy have already collected all available loans, hence no more opportunities.

undecided

10 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
donphilopus:
Some workers be like "Provided the 'stomach infrastructure' is going well, we don't need our salaries again. You can keep it for all we care." cheesy grin Keep enjoying enduring Fayose till 2018!
September salary bro... Fayemi was in power then up till mid October. If fayemi had paid, I'm sure this issue wouldn't av arise

12 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by oziegbe2015: 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
gratiaeo:
so that is what pdp has reduced the home of the most intellectuals and proffesors to

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
Firefire:

Good question: what makes Fayemi not to pay September salary before leaving

Can't Tinubu borrow Fayemi money to pay

I presume the guy have already collected all available loans, hence no more opportunities.

undecided
honestly, for no reason should workers be owed, especially civil servants. Fayemi should have paid the monies.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by anonimi: 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
aresa:
What salaries do they want again? I though they are all belefull with stomach infrastructure, chicken and rice....

After the drama, trash talk and comedy and free chicken and rice, the painful realities of governance is now setting in...

U na neva jamm ...You reap what you sow grin grin

Who was the governor in September that did not pay that month's salary

6 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Firefire(m): 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
barcanista:
honestly, for no reason should workers be owed, especially civil servants. Fayemi should have paid the monies.

Thank you!

You are not one of them wink

It is a shame when we refused to say the truth and allow partisanship to cloud our sense of reasoning.

Seeing some APC members, the so called progressive trying to pass the bucks to Fayoose.

I pity you guys future undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
They wanted a change and now they have it.
But.. ........

It's non of my business

2 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abeg call me again. I had my phone on silent d last time. Thanks
Firefire:

Thank you!

You are not one of them wink

It is a shame when we refused to say the truth and allow partisanship to cloud our sense of reasoning.

Seeing some APC members, the so called progressive trying to pass the bucks to Fayoose.

I pity you guys future undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adeyemi Dipeolu - Economic Adviser To Buhari / Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels / Tambuwal 'Tests The Mic' For Atiku In Sokoto (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.