Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital (19197 Views)

Uncompleted Two Wing Duplex With (C Of O ) For Sale.(pictures) / 4-Bedroom Duplex & Two 3-Bedroom Flats At Idimu For Sale / 4 Blocks Of Uncompleted Two Bedroom En-suite Flats N7milliom (wow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2013
The staircase is finally ready. Now waiting for its wall to go up

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
More on stairs
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Stairs continue

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
helpee: Stairs continue

Good work Helpee.. keep it up.. it will be completed in no time.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by bigblow(m): 1:05am On Aug 21, 2013
Inspirational thread....keep the good work bro. The LORD is your strength.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by gtrust: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Well-done!
Congrats and God's Grace to do much more!
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
@all. Tnks so much for ur prayers and encouragement. I am lifted.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Formwork for lintel, beam begins

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
We want to reinforce the wall of the staircase with a beam before the wall further goes up

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
Since this is a learning thread, I am supposed to tell the whole truth even when we make mistakes...this time around deliberate mistake to cut corners. The former building has an approved building plan for a four flat which was approved in 1983. So I didn't bother to go and register the new plan thinking that I will use the old approved plan for now. Town planning people came yesterday and marked the building so I went to meet them with the old plan claiming we don't want to change the plan. Funny enough, they didn't enter enough to know we have totally changed the plan but they said that the OLD PLAN HAS EXPIRED THAT PLAN SHOULD BE REVALIDATED ONCE IN TWO YEARS which I know its a lie but I will wait for expert here to enlighten me. However, I couldn't argue with them too much cos I know we have changed the plan and so we are guilty and if we argue too much they will know. At long last, we agreed on 50K for them to look away that we haven't REVALIDATED the plan. Meanwhile they still collected the photocopy of the old plan. So I coughed out 50K. How much would I have spent to register the new plan anyway?
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lest I forget, I told them instead of paying 50k that I would just go ahead and revalidate the plan as they said but they told me that since we are already working on it, that they would seal the place ist b4 I would be allowed to revalidate so I will still have to pay to unseal the place so I quickly 'cooperate' with them
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
But I guess even if we have a new plan we will still pay cos they listed our offences in the stop work notice they brought.NO STATUTORY DEVELOPMENT PERMIT, NO EVIDENCE OF UPDATE OF FORM C, NO COREN REGISTERED ENGINEER ON SITE, NO PROJECT BOARD etc
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by kopell: 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
Waooo, is this the Nigeria of day? I hope another set of officers won't come for there own eguje. My question is how long will you be paying them.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
Yeah! That is Nigeria for you.. just like you, I will just settle them and let them go away.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
We are lucky they didn't come since cos the building is just four plots away from a major road but the property is well gated. They got to know now cos we are on the first floor so the development is now visible from the major road
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
kopell: Waooo, is this the Nigeria of day? I hope another set of officers won't come for there own eguje. My question is how long will you be paying them.
we have the assurances of the officers and I av their number. If anything comes up, they said I should call them and I know their office so I av their assurances. Meanwhile, I plan to later register the new plan but not now
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
mufutau55: Yeah! That is Nigeria for you.. just like you, I will just settle them and let them go away.

Hajji Mufutau
I think one should be prepared to settle them so they can let u be. One of them told me that even if I av everything and I don't cooperate they can just say the quality of the sharp sound u used is too poor so you should demolish it. Why should we have coren registerd engineer on site while setting block?
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
kopell: My question is how long will you be paying them.

I am sure till you finish the building..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by jam04(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2013
helpee: I think one should be prepared to settle them so they can let u be. One of them told me that even if I av everything and I don't cooperate they can just say the quality of the sharp sound u used is too poor so you should demolish it. Why should we have coren registerd engineer on site while setting block?

Coren registered civil engineer
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by rogermilar(m): 10:44am On Aug 24, 2013
We can help in supervising this projects with no cost, but we are trying to encourage friends from this room. Contact us at Anjys Constructions Limited 08061256650, anjyscostruction@gmail.com
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
Update soon
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
helpee: Update soon

Yes.. Please bring it on!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by kopell: 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
Can't wait oooooh
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 12:52am On Oct 18, 2013
Helpee.
Look at this thread for some good iron doors, wooden doors and also sliding and casement windows.
Contact the guy, he will give you a discount.

Call Muyiwa (Muyesky) at: 08035757416
Email him: muyiwaolakunde@rocketmail.com

https://www.nairaland.com/1410552/security-armored-doors-burglary-proofs

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
@hajji mufutau, u've been a source of encouragement and I can see you are on every building thread encouraging others. Tnks. I've contacted him already. We are through with all electrical piping for now and we are set for roofing.

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
helpee: @hajji mufutau, u've been a source of encouragement and I can see you are on every building thread encouraging others. Tnks. I've contacted him already. We are through with all electrical piping for now and we are set for roofing.

Doc. This is good news. just keep doig it and in no time you will complete it by God's grace.
So may be, one day when I come to Nigeria I can come and visit your Hospital/Clinic in full working order.
Yes, when I see poor people like me trying their best and doing things, it motivates me to encourage them more.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tnks@ mufu. Taking delivery of hard woods for roofing

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by gtrust: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
Doctor!
Great stuff you are doing here.

Keep it up and well done.
God's Grace to finish sharp sharp!
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by doctokwus: 1:33am On Oct 26, 2013
Damn inspiring,educative building thread.I particularly like d way u opened up on how u 'solved' d building plan issue;this is d kind of real life scenarios many pple in nig face wen dealing wt govt regulators/approval bodies dat make many to cut corners.This is because wen faced wt these set of greedy govt agents,u are in a lose-lose situation unless u do things their way,it maynot b totally right all d time but d reality is that wen confronted wt their artificially created bottlenecks to getting approvals,u are left wt little choice particularly wen u av a deadline and a tight budget to work on.
Wish u all d best as u approach ur building completion
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by irokop(m): 1:52am On Oct 26, 2013
helpee: @mufutau. Tnks for d encouragement. Nigerians are so dubious. The ironbender called me that they needed 40 more length of 12mm and 15 more length of 16mm. I made the order. They called me that they were offloading the rod on site and I told them I was attending to a patient that I couldn't come. After seeing d patient I just changed my mind and went. Behold, the ironbender had organised with the people that brought d iron rods and to steal forty thousand worth of iron rod at a go. I will soon change all hands on site.
Chineke mee this was exactly what my cousine did to me at owerri they gave quotation for rod thinking that i will send them to market alone while sent them with my father inlaw they were not happy, what they did was to buy all the quantity the requested for however the iron bender have built almost all the lintell what he needed was was 11pcs of 12mm rod but he requested for 45lenths, now what they did now was to go to site early momoo move some of the already built lintell to the next site close to my as God may have it i sent money for to collect frm bank by tbe time he is back to site my inlaw and the engineer are on site not knowing that when he was moving the already built lintell some carpenters working on another site saw him they now came and tell my inlaw and the engineer they even took them to the place he parked them. When i confronted him he said he did not know any thing about, this a cousine i trusted and hand every thing over to him even left my car for to use and run around for the project i fuel the car i pay him #2000 everyday he even work with them and collect his pay aswell still he planed to dupe me. Asked to get a carpenter that will build the lintell box he agreed call carpenter i discussed with the carpenter we agreed on #60,000 to build the lintel boxes when recieved the pay he gave the man ten k and started knocking the lintel him self it was when my inlaw got to site that shouted who is the carpenter thats when truth came out he even went as far as coliding with my engineer for them to dupe me #70,000 for a trip of chipings but engineer refused and told me abt it. Well so far i have kickedt him out and stop the project for now untill when am back to nija i may hand it over to ckeneths homes.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by irokop(m): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2013
Great
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
Amen. Tnks
gtrust: Doctor!
Great stuff you are doing here.

Keep it up and well done.
God's Grace to finish sharp sharp!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Follow Me To Thank God / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Ijegun, Lagos (Video) / Cost Of Fencing 2 Standard Plots Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.