Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested (20055 Views)

Pirates Raid Nigeria Police Armoury, Seize Weapons / Hezbollah Terror Cell Uncovered In Kano / Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by emmatony: 9:34pm On May 29, 2013
BY ABDULSALAM MUHAMMAD
KANO — SPECIAL forces drafted from the Nigerian Military, Tuesday night, raided a residential building-cum-warehouse packed with sophisticated military hardware at Bompai, a highbrow area located within the precinct of police and immigration headquarters in the troubled northern commercial city.

Vanguard learnt that the warehouse belonged to an alien from the Middle East and located in Gaya Road, Bompai GRA and within a striking distance to the Police state headquarters and the headquarters of the Nigerian Immigration Service.

Security sources close to the military told Vanguard, on condition of anonymity, in Kano that the highly coordinated military operation was carried out following a tip-off by a suspect under investigation.

The elite troops were said to have stormed the residence, picked up the occupants and in the ensuing search on the suspected bungalow, large cache of arms and ammunition were discovered in the sitting room and some wardrobe in the house.

The military source revealed that, “large quantities of the military hardware were buried in the house, while some were neatly concealed. It took a trained officer in counter-terrorism to discover the hidden mass weapon of war.”

Recovered

The security source further revealed that items recovered from the 72-hour operation includes: 40 air-to-surface missiles, 50 cluster bombs, 200 rocket-propel launcher, eight AK-47 rifles, 200 military hand grenades, uncountable number of live ammunition and certain military hard wares deployed to destroy Armoured Personnel Carriers, APC.”

The dependable source said that the weapons of war were evacuated to the headquarters of the 3rd Motorised Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Kano, alongside two other arrested nationals of the same Middle East extraction, in connection with the shocking discovery.

The source stated that preliminary investigation revealed that “three countries have been indicted and the military high command is working to ascertain the culpability.”

Eyewitness account

However, a civilian eyewitness, who lives in the neighbourhood, said he counted over “300 AK-47 riffles and I saw soldiers packing ammunition using shovels into some large containers from the house.”

The account gave the name of the suspect as one Ta’al, who appeared to be in his late 50s, stressing that “Ta’al had been staying in the house for the past five years alone without his family, and lived a secluded life as he hardly associate himself with people in the neighbourhood.

“The suspect hardly received visitors and drives a white Toyota Hilux, and doesn’t keep late night.”

However, the military authorities are keeping sealed lips over the development as effort to get their side of the story proved abortive.

When contacted, JTF spokesman in Kano, Capt Ikediche Iweha, neither denied nor confirmed the discovery, but pleaded understanding, saying that “we are going to issue a statement.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/troops-uncover-armoury-in-kano-arrest-lebanese/

2 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:39pm On May 29, 2013
Hezbollah? Good job, JTF.

2 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by gramci: 9:40pm On May 29, 2013
Just find and kill them, we will discus human rights later

16 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by eazysally: 9:45pm On May 29, 2013
JESUS!!!!! Am scared!!! No wonder that baskad shekeau was calling on those terrorist infested countries to come to his aid am start smelling the presence of hizbolla,alshabab and algaeda in this discovery. Does it means my beloved country Nigeria is nolonger save?? What is this country turning to in our own eyes..God save us frm this war and give us victory..Plz God give our security agents more clues and insight to uncover many such amouries!!

3 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 29, 2013
When they said they will make the country ungovernable for GEJ, they knew their level of preparation could actualize their ambition. Now we can see some of their secret weapons. There is such hidden weapon in every state in the north. I can tell u this.

5 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by emmatony: 10:18pm On May 29, 2013
front page pls
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 29, 2013
oboy see kalashin.....dis guys for use these weapons go rob world bank naa....whats the gain of just killing innocent poor people

1 Like

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by Mcdondayan: 10:40pm On May 29, 2013
Good job guys, more oil to ur AK 47's
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 29, 2013
I wish Nigeria security operatives have intelligent and swift officers who are capable of covert ops, so that they can infiltrate the enemies, gather infos and annihilate their top leaders, put the rest in confusion and finally massacre all.

Kudos the jft on this one. Kill them all............ Don't stop until there are gone extinct.
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by mekaboy(m): 10:54pm On May 29, 2013
I guess this is y buhari and his emirs reject house to house search. I have a feeling one of these northern elders behind these terrorists will be exposed soon.

19 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by ozodimgba(m): 11:18pm On May 29, 2013
Nawa oo for 9ja, when will all these be over?

1 Like

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by koruji(m): 11:25pm On May 29, 2013
Again the iranian link seems clear. Are Nigerian muslims mainly sunnis? I ask because that gives us the other reason Iran would be doing this apart from helping Hezbollah and other terrorist to create their "islamic" empire.

eazysally: JESUS!!!!! Am scared!!! No wonder that baskad shekeau was calling on those terrorist infested countries to come to his aid am start smelling the presence of hizbolla,alshabab and algaeda in this discovery. Does it means my beloved country Nigeria is nolonger save?? What is this country turning to in our own eyes..God save us frm this war and give us victory..Plz God give our security agents more clues and insight to uncover many such amouries!!
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by Rexnegro(m): 11:25pm On May 29, 2013
Please GOD intervene and help the jtf to kill all these motherufckers called BH sect

2 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by nijanigga: 11:28pm On May 29, 2013
This is just one of many.

1 Like

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by ril19(m): 11:31pm On May 29, 2013
i suggest a house-to-house search of that Bompai area , including the adjoining Hadejia road which houses alot of those Lebanese nationals. How could they even wish Nigeria peace when their own home is in shambles. Notin notin 4 Hizbollah in naija o.

1 Like

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 29, 2013
includes:40 air-to-surface missiles, 50 cluster bombs, 200 rocket-propel launcher, eight AK-47 rifles, 200 military hand grenades, uncountable number of live ammunition and certain military hard wares deployed to destroy Armoured Personnel Carriers, APC

However, a civilian eyewitness, who lives in the neighbourhood, said he counted over “300 AK-47 riffles and I saw soldiers packing ammunition using shovels into some large containers from the house.”

shocked shocked shocked shocked
[size=14pt]
Jisosu!!![/size]
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by searay(m): 11:37pm On May 29, 2013
The Lebaneese must be granted amnesty or I riot
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by tomakint: 11:37pm On May 29, 2013
***tomakint clears throat and exhales*** First thing first, let me use this moment to thank the ever-conscious, new improved Nigerian Army under the command of the one and only brave, gallant soldier, Gen. Ihejirika! This is a good job that should be applauded nationwide!

12 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by kenny1911: 11:37pm On May 29, 2013
ril19: i suggest a house-to-house search of that Bompai area , including the adjoining Hadejia road which houses alot of those Lebanese nationals. How could they even wish Nigeria peace when their own home is in shambles. Notin notin 4 Hizbollah in naija o.

There time is coming to an end all supporters, sympatheser, sponsors, financials etc.

Haters of uncle jona should blame him.... mtcheeeee

1 Like

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by gramci: 11:37pm On May 29, 2013
Buhari mean business
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by searay(m): 11:39pm On May 29, 2013
searay: The Lebaneese must be granted amnesty or I riot
I have withdrawn this statement, sorry I didn't read before commenting. Sorry for the inconiviences that must have caused. Please any Guantanamo bay in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by HARDDON: 11:40pm On May 29, 2013
surface-to-air what?!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

already stock piling for 2015? wow
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by seunlayi(m): 11:43pm On May 29, 2013
This Northern leaders have failed to realised that what they are secretly working towards will never benefit them. it is better for them to remain a parasite to the nation than this evil they are planing. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by tomakint: 11:44pm On May 29, 2013
gramci: Just find and kill them, we will discus human rights later
Gramci! Gramci!! Gramci!!! You sir are one funny dude cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by dadicvila(m): 11:46pm On May 29, 2013
All Iranians should be repatriated,they are all members of Iranian revolutionary guard while and lebanese should be kept under very close surveillance,they are likely hezzbollah agents....these islamist want to turn Nigeria to another middle east....they will not succeed...that's why I will always support the ever battle ready army of israel to put them in their rightful place(right beside their 72 virgins)

6 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 29, 2013
How come the security agencies who are always quick and happy to tell the world about something like this haven't said a word?
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by taharqa2: 11:52pm On May 29, 2013
God bless d JTF and our Gallant Security Services...

2 Likes

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by DisGuy: 11:52pm On May 29, 2013
no name?
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 29, 2013
angry
Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by browncool(m): 12:00am On May 30, 2013
How did these sophisticated weapons got into the country and traveled all the way to Kano? We are not talking of tens of weapons but hundreds and above.

1 Like

Re: Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested by laCapri: 12:12am On May 30, 2013
No wonder buhari was boasting dat d dog & d baboon would b soaked in blood.
All d enemies of Nigeria will eat their own flesh & drink their blood....

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Clears 8 Nominees For Appointment As Justices Of The Supreme Court / PIB: Ben Igbakpa Reacts To Backlash And Disappointment After PIB Passage At NASS / Most Okada Riders In Lagos Are Criminals- Police Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.