Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter (125698 Views)

'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State / Homebuilt Radio Control Airplane / Homebuilt Gas Turbine Engine For Helicopter Propulsion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
These gyros were also sent. All are AVCS(Angular vector control system)

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
These lipo battery were also sent.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
This Bell-Hiller head was also sent. It belonged to a 450 class.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
These ESC(Electronic speed controller),were also sent.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
And these gears as well.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
And these swashplates as well.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nastydroid(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
nothing can stop you right now
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
And these brushless motors.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
And these blades.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
And these chargers. The blue one is a universal programmable charger. And the black one is a lipo charger.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
And finally the Whole things that was donated.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2013
I have started building the heli right away!

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:27am On Oct 19, 2013
More to come

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 3:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
Am almost through with the heli.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by toms55(m): 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Wow i managed to follow this thread from the begining and I'm so so impressed nd inspired.the most inspiring thing is Τ̅ђat U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ studying agriculture and this is coming from u.another thing is the donations from britain,those made me shocked.bro plss take this to U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ HOD I'm vry sure U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ skool and department would be so proud of u.nd we neva can tell this may be included in the skool library...#cheers

Plsss I'm so eager to see it fly! Try to post the video here cos people like me Τ̅ђat can't watch videos directly from youtube
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
@toms55,

I am not studying agriculture. I am studying mathematic. wink
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
I needed a variable pitch tail rotor. But i hadn't the main parts. I decided to apply a system i call; combination... In this method,i try and combine different parts from different sources,so as to achieve my aim undecided
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
First,i started with cutting an aluminium rail,used to hang curtains at home. Then i bent it to shape,and drill the required holes,as worked out by me

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
Next was the inclusion of the bearing bearing holder.. This was made by cutting in half,a Trex 450 flybar seesaw holder,and turning one half 180 degrees,to still face the other half.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
You would wonder why the aluminium railing?? cry
Yeah... It is actually there,to connect the bearing holder to the tail boom. grin

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by ember365: 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nice work. Hope this work of urs will lead to papers showing how to build inexpensive helicopters. Knowledge never dies when it's shared hommes. wink
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
The tail drive are bevel gears

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
To make the tail blade push rod,i had to modify a ball joint linkage rod...
My aim here was to convert one end of the ball joint into a bearing holder..
I started by enlargening the hole with a round file.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
Here is the modified ball joint,housing a precision bearing

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Below is the linkage rod,connected to the tail rotor blades. They move left or right,thus changing the pitch of both blades.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Gigeadek: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
@parkingzz how did u get all accessory u used to complete d heli, did u order 4 it

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
Gigeadek: @parkingzz how did u get all accessory u used to complete d heli, did u order 4 it

It was donated to me from Britain. Re-read the last page. I documented it there.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
I just finished building and setting up my helicopter today,including programming the Transmitter.

I had my throttle curve at 0,25,50,60,60... The spool up was awesome.. Being my first time,i had to take it easy on the throttle stick.so i decided not to go over 60% throttle.... I am still trying to concentrate on the throttle and rudder..
Due to limited resources,i had to construct the shaft driven variable pitch tail rotor system from some local materials.. I ended up having a tail heavy helicopter... You won't believe this... To compensate for that tail heaviness,a 2200mah lipoly with ratings 3s 1p was placed on the nose,alongside the main lipoly that powers my heli.. It still had more power to lift off at 75% of stick input.. I shall post the videos shortly.

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
Just had an interview with Newschronicle. You can check it up here if you are intereste http://thenews-chronicle.com/nigerian-student-builds-a-helicopter/
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by ZeusAyo: 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
D̶̲̥̅̊@t? Baby luks like Ą mi24 hind attack gunship....................dis is М̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ comment......AWESOOOOME!!!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
Here's a video of one of my spool up. I was a bit hard on the throttle,so the heli shot up into the air! In a frantic move,i hastily reduced the throttle,and the heli slammed down hard on the floor,bendind one of the aluminium struts holding the landing skids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKn5wxTmT6w&gl=BR&guid=&client=mv-google&hl=en

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by toms55(m): 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
Oga post the video here biko,i can't view it o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! / Download First Touch Soccer 2017 ( FTS 17) Apk And Data File / How To Clear GOTV E016 And E48-32 Error Message (step By Step)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.