Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 - Sports (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 (109795 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 13, 2013
All those haters,mak i jux tel una say nigeria is on a 19 match unbeaten streak...beta dan any oda country in Africa...And moreova we stil stand a pretty chance of qualifyin frm d group
Nigeria 9pts
Malawi 7pts

3 Likes

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 13, 2013
donem:
Its surely gonna be played in Calabar due to the goodluck charm thev've got there.

But the Calabar stadium is small undecided
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by j4jj: 7:00am On Jun 13, 2013
I can't see Malawi beating Nigeria at all. on our home soil? lai lai

1 Like

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Ochek: 7:03am On Jun 13, 2013
Blazey J: All those haters,mak i jux tel una say nigeria is on a 19 match unbeaten streak...beta dan any oda country in Africa...And moreova we stil stand a pretty chance of qualifyin frm d group
Nigeria 9pts
Malawi 7pts

9ija ppl no the gree watch we match na so no fear. Stadium go do reach us wey still be good and strong supporters of the Super Eagles.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 13, 2013
j4jj: I can't see Malawi beating Nigeria at all. on our home soil? lai lai

Abi O. The Super eagles haven't lost a competitive game on home soil since 1981
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 13, 2013
goldng: Nice Result... Keep it up.

Keep what up? cheesy
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2013
For those of u sayin dat we wount miss Emenike,i hope say e dn clear 4 una eyes.d people we use as strickerz now are below average.keshi need to act fast.Akpala and ujah aint serious,ideye should be assistin a stricker and nt bein used as a stricker.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 7:29am On Jun 13, 2013
Jide76: I think many Nigerians were not sure Emenike was going to do well at the nations cup. The strikers in the team are okay, just give them sometime to play together. Question: before the nations cup how many goals did Emenike score for Nigeria
and how many games did he play 4 nigeria b4 nations cup? Stop spitin trash.we ar sayin dat d team is too young to be missin key playerz.check emenike's club record as a stricker,it beats ujah,akpala and even ideye's own.d truth is dat he used d nation's cup 2 sign in.was he among siasia's squard? No.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 13, 2013
Wait o,but Obagoal dey now. I still feel him & Osazie.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 13, 2013
Soso990240: For those of u sayin dat we wount miss Emenike,i hope say e dn clear 4 una eyes.d people we use as strickerz now are below average.keshi need to act fast.Akpala and ujah aint serious,ideye should be assistin a stricker and nt bein used as a stricker.

They were clamouring for Keshi to bench Ideye. And now they have it in full.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 13, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Wait o,but Obagoal dey now. I still feel him & Osazie.

Osaze is a timed bomb. Leave him out.

We are hungry and need food urgently does not mean we should fill our stomach with a plate of hot pepper.

3 Likes

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 7:53am On Jun 13, 2013
shymexx:

Anichebe should be the one leading the line for naija.

I don't know why they keep excluding him from the team - he's better than all the strikers in that team.
they calld him up,he said he doesnt wan to play for now.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by successking: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2013
Emenike is seriously missing in that team.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 13, 2013
Blazey J: All those haters,mak i jux tel una say nigeria is on a 19 match unbeaten streak...beta dan any oda country in Africa...And moreova we stil stand a pretty chance of qualifyin frm d group
Nigeria 9pts
Malawi 7pts

19 match unbeaten.
Is it a diamond trophy? cheesy

The unbeaten run would likely end at the confederations cup.
We had absolutely no business drawing with Namibia in that game.

1 Like

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Fogman(m): 7:58am On Jun 13, 2013
The truth must be told, i have not seen any champion stuff in this team. We struggle in every match, even with the so called poor team. It is only God that will help us in the confed cup against team like Spain, etc
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 13, 2013
Fogman: The truth must be told, i have not seen any champion stuff in this team. We struggle in every match, even with the so called poor team. It is only God that will help us in the confed cup against team like Spain, etc

Midfield and Defence were ok.

That was the same midfield and defence that soared at the nations cup.

Problem was the attack. . .

Litters and pieces of amateur strikers upfront losing cheap cheap chances.
when you are an african champion especially with a proud name like Nigeria, Super eagles, everybody will play you with extra strenght, extra focus and extra motivation. They will play you hard and hope to extinguish you like a candle light.

And you add salt to injury by fielding litters and pieces of amateur strikers here and there.
Nnamdi is a midfielder for seria B! How do you expect to get rain of goals from him?
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Soso990240(m): 8:10am On Jun 13, 2013
breezy047:

They were clamouring for Keshi to bench Ideye. And now they have it in full.

i believ keshi did it for 2 reasons.1.to test ujah in complete 90minutes.2.to punish ideye 4 his misses in d last game,and to signal 2 him dat he is nt a god.

1 Like

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Fogman(m): 8:33am On Jun 13, 2013
breezy047:

Midfield and Defence were ok.

That was the same midfield and defence that soared at the nations cup.

Problem was the attack. . .

Litters and pieces of amateur strikers upfront losing cheap cheap chances.
when you are an african champion especially with a proud name like Nigeria, Super eagles, everybody will play you with extra strenght, extra focus and extra motivation. They will play you hard and hope to extinguish you like a candle light.

And you add salt to injury by fielding litters and pieces of amateur strikers here and there.
Nnamdi is a midfielder for seria B! How do you expect to get rain of goals from him?

We are still saying same thing. I expected them to play like the champ they are in all department of the game and the coach is stil experimenting with players that dont deserve to be close to that team at all. From the 1st game game in this group, we have never shown the champion stuff. I remember vividly the Eagles of 1994, after their triumph in nation cup, their performance kept soring, so what is the prob with this team? I am afraid we will be disgraced with the like of Spain in the confed cup.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Rossikk(m): 8:35am On Jun 13, 2013
shymexx:

Anichebe should be the one leading the line for naija.

I don't know why they keep excluding him from the team - he's better than all the strikers in that team.
No he's not.

1 Like

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Jarus(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2013
CFCfan:

Abi O. The Super eagles haven't lost a competitive game on home soil since 1981

vs Cameroun in 2000 Nations Cup final?

2 Likes

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 13, 2013
Soso990240: i believ keshi did it for 2 reasons.1.to test ujah in complete 90minutes.2.to punish ideye 4 his misses in d last game,and to signal 2 him dat he is nt a god.

Test Ujah in a crucial qualifier?

Preposterous!

If Ideye is not scoring he is not the only one. Musa, Ujah, Nnamdi all miss precious chances.

A good coach will work on the mental efforts of the players. That's what the Sebians are good at.

Against Mexico, the boys went mentally tired in the late second half. Nothing was working and BAM! Mexico equalised.
When the stakes are high, you strive to be 150% accurate at goals. You strive to bury 2 out of 3 chances.

Perhaps we still need a foreign technical director to work on the boys mentally and technically. At the moment Amodu is invisible. Just sitting there and eating the salary.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by OmoEziokwu: 8:57am On Jun 13, 2013
Please all those even mentioning anything about hiring a foreign technical director should just stop, PLEASE STOP! This team has a soul, and Keshi is part of that make up. The boys are fired up, it's just that some of them aren't all that, or haven't sufficient experience. Let them grow from strength to strength, together. Yes it is true that Emenike and Moses will be missed but right now the best thing in my opinion is to encourage the boys to step up. I believe Ujah and Oduamadi would have learnt their lessons and will step up their game come Monday next week, and Ideye will be gearing to go for the kill to assert himself as a lead striker in this present team for the Confeds. This whole thing is just psychology and the mental state of the players. Guys, they won't do badly in the Confederation Cup and may surprise you all again. Cheers!
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Jarus(m): 9:03am On Jun 13, 2013
Soso990240: and how many games did he play 4 nigeria b4 nations cup? Stop spitin trash.we ar sayin dat d team is too young to be missin key playerz.check emenike's club record as a stricker,it beats ujah,akpala and even ideye's own.d truth is dat he used d nation's cup 2 sign in.was he among siasia's squard? No.

No sir.

Ideye beats Emenike in club goals

Emenike

2009/2010 - 14 goals (Karabukspor, Turkey)
2010/2011 - 16 goals (Karabukspor, Turkey)
2011/2012 - 13 goals (Spartak Moscow, Russia)
2012/2013 - 5 goals (Spartak Moscow, Russia)
(48 goals in 4 seasons, 12 goals per season)

Ideye
2008/2009 - 10 goals (Xamax, Switzerland)
2009/2010 - 13 goals (Xamax, Switzerland)
2010/2011 - 17 goals (Sochaux, France)
2011/2012 - 10 goals (Dynamo Kyev, Ukraine)
2012/2013 - 19 goals (Dynamo Kyev, Ukraine)
(69 goals in 5 seasons, 14 goals per season)

NB: Ideye was 2nd highest goal scorer in Ukraine last season

Even Ujah has a strike rate of 13.6 goals per season since he moved to Europe in 2010.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2013
Jarus:

No sir.

Ideye beats Emenike in club goals

Emenike

2009/2010 - 14 goals (Karabukspor, Turkey)
2010/2011 - 16 goals (Karabukspor, Turkey)
2011/2012 - 13 goals (Spartak Moscow, Russia)
2012/2013 - 5 goals (Spartak Moscow, Russia)
(48 goals in 4 seasons, 12 goals per season)

Ideye
2008/2009 - 10 goals (Xamax, Switzerland)
2009/2010 - 13 goals (Xamax, Switzerland)
2010/2011 - 17 goals (Sochaux, France)
2011/2012 - 10 goals (Dynamo Kyev, Ukraine)
2012/2013 - 19 goals (Dynamo Kyev, Ukraine)
(69 goals in 5 seasons, 14 goals per season)

NB: he was 2nd highest goal scorer in Ukraine last season
It seems Ideye has one season ahead of Emenike and the competitive nature of the league could also be a factor.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2013
smoothcrim2014: Lets be honest. This Nigerian team was lucky to win the cup. Ivory Coast would never draw this game.
In that same way IVC will lose some matches we can never lose. I agree with you, but considering IVC style of play, could they have beaten Kenya at home??
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 13, 2013
So its 17 Games Unbeaten -- Keshi gotta be a Genius cheesy
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Jarus(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
It seems Ideye has one season ahead of Emenike and the competitive nature of the league could also be a factor.

That's why I did goal per season (average), where Ideye still beats him.

French League, where Ideye scored 17 goals in one season, is more competitive than Emenike's Russia and Turkish leagues, and even almost at par with EPL.

Ukrainian league is also at par with Turkish and Russian league.

So I think we are impatient for Ideye. He has proved himself in these leagues. He has scored in Champions leagues as well. I believe in him anyway. I still believe he is our best striker if Emenike is not available.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Jarus(m): 9:18am On Jun 13, 2013
damosky12:
In that same way IVC will lose some matches we can never lose. I agree with you, but considering IVC style of play, could they have beaten Kenya at home??

CIV are known for winning qualifiers 5-0, 3-0 etc, but fumble on the real stage (Nations cup, World Cup). Nigeria struggle in qualifiers and do better in tournaments.

How can anyone conceive that CIV's generation (with stars almost at par with Brazil) do not have a Nations Cup or World Cup secodn round to their name?
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2013
CFCfan:
Keshi should consider dropping Mba for that game, and starting Fegor Ogude in his place. Ogude and Onazi will be the 2 holding midfielders that are capable of bullying the Spanish midfield. Mikel wil retain his deep-lying play maker role.
Onazi, I heard is injured. "Serious Injury"- completesports
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 13, 2013
Fogman:

We are still saying same thing. I expected them to play like the champ they are in all department of the game and the coach is stil experimenting with players that dont deserve to be close to that team at all. From the 1st game game in this group, we have never shown the champion stuff. I remember vividly the Eagles of 1994, after their triumph in nation cup, their performance kept soring, so what is the prob with this team? I am afraid we will be disgraced with the like of Spain in the confed cup.

Let the confederations cup expose all that need to be exposed about the team.

I have discovered that we are actually below what I rated us.

Bring Ideye back. He's the only experienced leg in the attack after Musa.

We'll fare better at the confederations cup as a defensive side than an attacking side. I expect us to defend with 4-2-3-1 and go on the counter with 4-3-3.

Meaning when we are defending, the 2 wing strikers fall back to the midfield.

Nnamdi oduamadi would be excellent building his play from the midfield.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 9:25am On Jun 13, 2013
OmoEziokwu:

I suspected ITV won't show it because I haven't seen any ponters to that effect. I use Virgin, but just Internet. Don't need the TV services at least for now but I use TVCatchup on PC. I know BBC3 and BBC1 will show it but I see that TVCatchup has only BBC1 and no BBC3.
With all sincerity, I know what Martins can do in the confederatns cup. The fact that he isnt called and replaced by Apala is quite painfull. I havnt seen a world class in Apala but well, I hope so very soon.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Reference(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2013
OmoEziokwu: Please all those even mentioning anything about hiring a foreign technical director should just stop, PLEASE STOP! This team has a soul, and Keshi is part of that make up. The boys are fired up, it's just that some of them aren't all that, or haven't sufficient experience. Let them grow from strength to strength, together. Yes it is true that Emenike and Moses will be missed but right now the best thing in my opinion is to encourage the boys to step up. I believe Ujah and Oduamadi would have learnt their lessons and will step up their game come Monday next week, and Ideye will be gearing to go for the kill to assert himself as a lead striker in this present team for the Confeds. This whole thing is just psychology and the mental state of the players. Guys, they won't do badly in the Confederation Cup and may surprise you all again. Cheers!

Now this is one who understands the game. People often ref the 1994 team but they forget Westerhof started in 1989 with a team of unknowns and inexperience (except for Keshi) that dreaded the likes of Cameroun, Ghana and all north african teams. The first match of Algiers 90 we lost 1-5 but rebounded to reach but lose the finals. That team did not win the Nations Cup till 1994. That's 3 tournamentr and 4 years of Westerhof.

My point is. One of the key to lasting success is consistency in approach. Chopping and changing for short term results will get us no where. In football, it is teams and tournaments that make players not players that make teams. Before 1990 several of the players we celebrate were as ordinary and unskilled as the ones we have today. Heck Siasia could not find goals regularly, Oliha was all over the place, Eguavoen conceeded PK's willy nilly but they were a heck of a team.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

List Of Telegram Fixed Match Scammers... / Photos : Meet Ahmed Musa's Wife , Son And Mum / More Than 1,000 UNIPORT Students Watching Nigeria Vs Iceland Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.