Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 - Sports (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 (109772 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 13, 2013
This Confederations cup, the four key players I would have loved us to have are: Emenike, Moses, Kalu Uche and IK Uche.

I have always believed in power playing strikers, so if I were Keshi, I would have invited Martins and drop one of Ujah or Akpala.

I dont believe Martins had a bad game vs Kenya in Calabar. But the coaches were not patient with him.

Our best attack now is:

Moses --- --- Ideye

--- Emenike ---

(With IK Uche, Kalu Uche amd Musa as subs, depending on who's not clicking)

But if not available, our second best is:

Musa --- Ideye

--- Martins ----

Unfortunately, Martins also not available. I don't have much confidence in our attack for thsi Confed cup. I believe in Ideye, but when he's not clicking, no reliable option.

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Reference(m): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2013
OmoEziokwu: Please all those even mentioning anything about hiring a foreign technical director should just stop, PLEASE STOP! This team has a soul, and Keshi is part of that make up. The boys are fired up, it's just that some of them aren't all that, or haven't sufficient experience. Let them grow from strength to strength, together. Yes it is true that Emenike and Moses will be missed but right now the best thing in my opinion is to encourage the boys to step up. I believe Ujah and Oduamadi would have learnt their lessons and will step up their game come Monday next week, and Ideye will be gearing to go for the kill to assert himself as a lead striker in this present team for the Confeds. This whole thing is just psychology and the mental state of the players. Guys, they won't do badly in the Confederation Cup and may surprise you all again. Cheers!

Now this is one who understands the game. People often ref the 1994 team but they forget Westerhof started in 1989 with a team of unknowns and inexperience (except for Keshi) that dreaded the likes of Cameroun, Ghana and all north african teams. The first match of Algiers 90 we lost 1-5 but rebounded to reach but lose the finals. That team did not win the Nations Cup till 1994. That's 3 tournamentr and 4 years of Westerhof.

My point is. One of the key to lasting success is consistency in approach. Chopping and changing for short term results will get us no where. In football, it is teams and tournaments that make players not players that make teams. Before 1990 several of the players we celebrate were as ordinary and unskilled as the ones we have today. Heck Siasia could not find goals regularly, Oliha was all over the place, Eguavoen conceeded PK's willy nilly but they were a heck of a team.

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 13, 2013
damosky12:
Onazi, I heard is injured. "Serious Injury"- completesports

That will be bad news, because he is another midfielder that can score goals.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2013
shymexx:

Obviously, can't wait for the world cup.

I just hope an African country will make it to the semis for the first time.

Egypt, Ghana and Ivory have been great in the qualifiers.

Nigeria's alright and Cameroon has been rubbish thus far.

We need our best 5 out there to rep for the continent.
Mr Seun, I think it is about time We started writing IQ test or exam before we are allowed to register on this site. Look at this kid, Nigeria has'nt been impresive?? But Ghana has?? Even Malawi has been more impresive than this Ghana...

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Reference(m): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2013
OmoEziokwu: Please all those even mentioning anything about hiring a foreign technical director should just stop, PLEASE STOP! This team has a soul, and Keshi is part of that make up. The boys are fired up, it's just that some of them aren't all that, or haven't sufficient experience. Let them grow from strength to strength, together. Yes it is true that Emenike and Moses will be missed but right now the best thing in my opinion is to encourage the boys to step up. I believe Ujah and Oduamadi would have learnt their lessons and will step up their game come Monday next week, and Ideye will be gearing to go for the kill to assert himself as a lead striker in this present team for the Confeds. This whole thing is just psychology and the mental state of the players. Guys, they won't do badly in the Confederation Cup and may surprise you all again. Cheers!

Now this is one who understands the game. People often ref the 1994 team but they forget Westerhof started in 1989 with a team of unknowns and inexperience (except for Keshi) that dreaded the likes of Cameroun, Ghana and all north african teams. The first match of Algiers 90 we lost 1-5 but rebounded to reach but lose the finals. That team did not win the Nations Cup till 1994. That's 3 tournamentr and 4 years of Westerhof.

My point is. One of the key to lasting success is consistency in approach. Chopping and changing for short term results will get us no where. In football, it is teams and tournaments that make players not players that make teams. Before 1990 several of the players we celebrate were as ordinary and unskilled as the ones we have today. Heck Siasia could not find goals regularly, Oliha was all over the place, Eguavoen conceeded PK's willy nilly but they were a heck of a team.

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 9:45am On Jun 13, 2013
donem:
Its surely gonna be played in Calabar due to the goodluck charm thev've got there.
Pls, let Them play it at Calabar o, they are used to that pitch. If they are to use Abuja, then they should start organizing series of friendly sheduled for that pitch so as to master playing on it.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 9:54am On Jun 13, 2013
Soso990240: and how many games did he play 4 nigeria b4 nations cup? Stop spitin trash.we ar sayin dat d team is too young to be missin key playerz.check emenike's club record as a stricker,it beats ujah,akpala and even ideye's own.d truth is dat he used d nation's cup 2 sign in.was he among siasia's squard? No.
shuo!! How many games did u watch? He played a number of games 4 siasia scoring no goal. I knew he was strong but I never knew he had such prolific goal scoring ability until AFCON.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2013
breezy047:

19 match unbeaten.
Is it a diamond trophy? cheesy

The unbeaten run would likely end at the confederations cup.
We had absolutely no business drawing with Namibia in that game.

How are u so sure?? I hate pessimism big time..always doubting everything..
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 13, 2013
damosky12:
Mr Seun, I think it is about time We started writing IQ test or exam before we are allowed to register on this site. Look at this kid, Nigeria has'nt been impresive?? But Ghana has?? Even Malawi has been more impresive than this Ghana... Besides, pls, how old are you?

No sentiments cheesy

Ghana needs to be at the world cup. They have the experience with the ayews, KPB, essien coming back they make a right arsenal for the cup.

I have more confidence in Ghana than in Zambia.
Ideal world cup 2014 should have 4 out of the 5 african teams representing making it to the second round.

Its high time africa started performing very well at worldcups.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 13, 2013
damosky12:
How are u so sure?? I hate pessimism big time..always doubting everything..

Come to terms with it dear friend. cheesy

Keshi won't remain unbeaten forever.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 10:08am On Jun 13, 2013
Jarus:

CIV are known for winning qualifiers 5-0, 3-0 etc, but fumble on the real stage (Nations cup, World Cup). Nigeria struggle in qualifiers and do better in tournaments.

How can anyone conceive that CIV's generation (with stars almost at par with Brazil) do not have a Nations Cup or World Cup secodn round to their name?
As far as Nigeria qualifies and does well in tournaments. Which do u prefer?
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 13, 2013
Jarus:

That will be bad news, because he is another midfielder that can score goals.

We play against Mexico, travel to the Kenyan altitude to battle kenya, come back south barely a week to play Namibia and jetting to brazil to play aa tournament barely 4days after.

Hectic!

Thank God we have only 1 injury concern and I pray he recovers fast.

The fixtures are not fair on the eagles.

Hope we don't field a fatigued team at the confeds.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2013
breezy047:

No sentiments cheesy

Ghana needs to be at the world cup. They have the experience with the ayews, KPB, essien coming back they make a right arsenal for the cup.

Ideal world cup 2014 should have 4 out of the 5 african teams representing making it to the second round.

but, its a pity they re lagging behind Zambia.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by damosky12(m): 10:19am On Jun 13, 2013
breezy047:

Come to terms with it dear friend. cheesy

Keshi won't remain unbeaten forever.
Thats football. I was only addressing your pessimistic conclusion on the confedrations cup. You obviously dont believe they may spring a surprise like they are known for doing.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by rasputinn(m): 10:27am On Jun 13, 2013
Fogman: MY truth must be told, [b]i have not seen any champion stuff in this team. We struggle in every match, even with the so called poor team. It is only God that will help us in the confed cup against team like Spain, etc[/b]

Keep your truth to yourself,we don't need you pressing needless panic buttons

I ask you,did you see any champion stuff in the team at the group stages of the 2013 nations cup in South Africa,did you?

Now who is the CHAMPION OF AFRICA,answer me before I have you arrested
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Fogman(m): 10:36am On Jun 13, 2013
rasputinn:

Keep your truth to yourself,we don't need you pressing needless panic buttons

I ask you,did you see any champion stuff in the team at the group stages of the 2013 nations cup in South Africa,did you?

Now who is the CHAMPION OF AFRICA,answer me before I have you arrested

keep living in the fool paradise until it dawn on u big time. In all honesty, do you think Nigerian was the best at nation cup? Was it not Victor Moses penalty that took us pass the group stage? I m not afraid to state that our triumph was a fluke.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by rasputinn(m): 10:55am On Jun 13, 2013
Fogman:

Face reality! Confed cup will reveal all. Stay tuned.

I still ask you,what was your reality of the SE at the group stage of the nations cup?

For your info,the nations cup is more important and prestigious than the confederations cup.

The only tournament with greater prestige is the world cup.

If the SE players play well at the confed cup and dont win the cup,as long as they go ahead and qualify for the world cup,then they're in order.
So stop having puerile wet dreams about the confederations cup already
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Fogman(m): 10:58am On Jun 13, 2013
rasputinn:

This is the reason why our youths and teenagers keep coming up short in different spheres on human endeavour.

Look at this kid I just reminded about the fact that nobody saw any champion stuff in the SE in the group stages of the Jan 2013 world cup,instead of you to pretend that you got it,next thing you did was to start abusing people old enough to father you.

Face reality, luck can nor play out always. Confed cup will reveal all. Stay tuned.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by rasputinn(m): 11:08am On Jun 13, 2013
^^^^
Why're you repeating yourself,I see you've run out of lame points
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by russello: 11:33am On Jun 13, 2013
smoothcrim2014: Lets be honest. This Nigerian team was lucky to win the cup. Ivory Coast would never draw this game.

I'm honestly in support of your view.
I knew it has to be by luck for this Nigerian team to have knocked out Ivory Coast in the afcon2013.
Honestly speaking, It has to be by luck for this Nigerian team to have trashed the Malians in the afcon2013 semis who eventually went ahead to disgraced the Ghanaian black stars by 3 goals to nil in the third placed match (ofcuz! by luck).
"Lets be honest. This Nigerian team was lucky to win the cup" after beating Burkina Faso who had earlier end the Ghanaian hallucinatory hope of lifting the cup after 31 years (ofcuz! by luck).

Don't you agree "this Luck thing" plays a HUGE role in football competitions...or is it only when it concerns "this Nigerian team"

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by joseph1013: 11:37am On Jun 13, 2013
Rossikk: No he's not.

No mind am. How can you say Anichebe is the best striker in the Eagles. What's his record? A striker that has not been able to score up to 10 goals in a whole season. Na wa for some people o.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 13, 2013
damosky12:
As far as Nigeria qualifies and does well in tournaments. Which do u prefer?

That is what I'm saying. Just conutering the guy that used CIV as example/model. We don't want CIV model.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2013
damosky12:
shuo!! How many games did u watch? He played a number of games 4 siasia scoring no goal. I knew he was strong but I never knew he had such prolific goal scoring ability until AFCON.

Since I saw that his goal vs Argentina in a friendly(was it 2010), I have had confidence in Emenike.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 13, 2013
breezy047:

No sentiments cheesy

I agree with you.

Africa's best feet for World Cup are:

Nigeria
CIV
Ghana
Egypt
Senegal
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2013
Fogman:

keep living in the fool paradise until it dawn on u big time. In all honesty, do you think Nigerian was the best at nation cup? Was it not Victor Moses penalty that took us pass the group stage? I m not afraid to state that our triumph was a fluke.

Stop there.

Nigeria was the best in that Nations cup.

The fact that they didnt start well didnt mean the were not the best. Very few teams will post top-nocth performance in 6 consecutive competitive games. There will always be a couple of games you will struggle with. What matters is posting great performance when it mattered most, and the SE did (make-or-mar 3rd group match, QF, SF and final). You look at overall performance in assessing.

They were the best in ANC 2013. Their match against CIV and Mali were the best in that tournament.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2013
Fogman:

Face reality, luck can nor play out always. Confed cup will reveal all. Stay tuned.
Thrashing CIV, luck?
Annihilating Mali, luck?
Pipping Burkina Faso, luck?

Come on

They don't need to win confederation cup to prove they are good. Winning Tahiti and a decent show against Spain and Uruguay (even if they lose), is enough. Spain are world champions and Uruguay World Cup semi finalists. Defeating Eagles is not disgrace.
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 13, 2013
Fogman:

Is Victor Moses a Ghanaian?

is it not one player that will do the scoring for every team? Maybe we should say, Spain won World cup by luck, after all, was it not Torres that scored their crucial goal?

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by GOLIDIVA: 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
breezy047:

Let the confederations cup expose all that need to be exposed about the team.

I have discovered that we are actually below what I rated us.

Bring Ideye back. He's the only experienced leg in the attack after Musa.

We'll fare better at the confederations cup as a defensive side than an attacking side. I expect us to defend with 4-2-3-1 and go on the counter with 4-3-3.

Meaning when we are defending, the 2 wing strikers fall back to the midfield.

Nnamdi oduamadi would be excellent building his play from the midfield.

Bros, are u in any coaching accademy? I like ur suggestion cos dat is the only way to get the best outta Musa and Amadi
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by torgbe(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
damosky12:
but, its a pity they re lagging behind Zambia.
hello hi hater.. Zambia is leading Ghana wit a point due to free 3points awarded them after FIFA striped Sudan of their points..u digg?
Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
How can you even call a team that has been annihilating its opponents, not impressive?

14 goals scored - 2 conceded = +12

Losing to Zambia away is nothing. Ghana should beat Zambia in Accra.

Nigeria couldn't even beat Kenya(of all teams) in Nigeria and had to settle for a draw.

Most of you should never be allowed to talk about football again for the rest of your lives!!! grin

Be objective for once and don't put pseudo-patriotism into everything.

Ghana has been impressive! Dammit!

Re: Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
Jarus:
vs Cameroun in 2000 Nations Cup final?

That was a penalty shootout loss. As I said earlier, the major football governing bodies do NOT count games win via PSO as a win or defeat, statistically.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Photos : Meet Ahmed Musa's Wife , Son And Mum / Meet Jude Littler, N'golo Kante's Wife That Is 16 Years Older Than Him / More Than 1,000 UNIPORT Students Watching Nigeria Vs Iceland Match

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66