Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (21799 Views)

Omisore Alleges Cover-up By Osun INEC Over Suspended Officials! / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
bory09: Why i will still emphasize on the fact that this opon imo is useless is the problem of tranferring or maintenance.

Opón Ìmò usage is to be recycled among students that graduate into the Senior Secondary Schools. As such, upon graduation from Senior Secondary School, students are to collect their school leaving certificate in exchange for their Opón Ìmò. - See more at: http://www.oponimo.com/faq.php#sthash.b439u0NH.dpuf

The Support System is quite extensive

First Level Support at School Level Teacher ( Opón Ìmò Ambassador).

Second Level Support 9 Support Centers; one at each Federal Constituency.

Third Level Support Factory Support in Osogbo. - See more at: http://www.oponimo.com/faq.php#sthash.b439u0NH.dpuf

http://www.oponimo.com/faq.php#sthash.b439u0NH.dpbs

Why do you people comment without any kind of knowledge about the subject matter?

Instead of reading and learning like these kids, you people prefer to stay lazy and ignorant.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Segema: 6:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Lol! Afta Oshogbo and ile-ife,which other part of Osun has civilization? Pls don't mention Ede or Ilesha.

Even inside Oshogbo,can you just mention 2 better areas after GRA where d dummy gov. lives,dada estate and ogo-oluwa/onward area. The rest are full of mud houses plastered with cement. Lmao!

Lets assume Osun is all you are saying, should we not commend the Governor for exposing the youths of the state to current technology & education, a well developed SS city was know for exporting prostitutes to Italy, so my friend it is not only the big structures in the cities that's most important to also developing the minds of the people

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by omonnakoda: 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
ifyalways: Very commendable! I'm watching the unveiling live.
If a governor uses state money wisely,we cry "oh that poor state,can they sustain yhe project etc",when same gov folds his hand we say"what did he do with ALL the state funds"
Humans !
Nigerians ! !
I fear my kpomo cheesy

In other news, Obi is building customized "pit latrines" in secondary schools in Anambra.
Ihe ojoo na-ato ochi .
Lmao
Wow I a really surprised.Did you really write that or is soeone holding a gun to your head shocked shocked
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by bory09(m): 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

http://www.oponimo.com/faq.php#sthash.b439u0NH.dpbs

Why do you people comment without any kind of knowledge about the subject matter?

Instead of reading and learning like these kids, you people prefer to stay lazy and ignorant.

Its not as you think. It look go good on paper but look different when practice. This opon ifa will be a threat to those student rather than help to them. The fear of the opon ifa being spoilt will make student not to use it or dump it at home infact some student who even refuse to collect it
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by oyinmio: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
Let the parents not censor what their children are using the tablet for.the gov will use money to buy horse and still use money to buy comot for road.
cyril83: Then he should prepare to be the father of many sons and daughters at the cause of whatever happens when underage watch por.nography on computer tablet.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
I've provided credible answers and have addressed your questions, but unfortunately, I have non for your sustained ignorance, thoughtless ill feelings and clueless pessimism, that's a personal issue you need to work on all by yourself..

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by oyinmio: 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
"@Channels_TV: Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4 billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs http:///9GIEVpq1Qt"
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by vanbonattel: 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva: Like i said in another thread a few months back, this initiative is very expensive especially for a state like Osun that is not oil driven. It's sustenance is what worries me. There are better ways to give students access to whatever learning curve that's not so expensive. Let's take it one step at a time.

But one thing i like most about Aregbesola is his nack for making his governance an Africanist one. These are the kind of people we need as leaders in Africa as their leadership has that African feel to it.

Very expensive, very soon parents will be selling their children to buy the ipon rubbish......
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee: I've provided credible answers and have addressed your questions, but unfortunately, I have non for your sustained ignorance, thoughtless ill feelings and clueless pessimism, that's a personal issue you need to work on all by yourself..
Abeg park well make I see road, none of your damn answers suit any of my/our questions, instead of providing reasonable answer, you copied jagons and pasted it.

Even your ogbeni didnot even say anything related to all these questions:

How sustainable is this effort/project?

2. will the State be ready to continually provide tablets for subsequent students who move from the JSS arm to the SSS arm, and if so at whose expense?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by vanbonattel: 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
django1: So easterners are not happy? Who could have thought of that? grin

I'm guessing the next few years will give you lot a lot of head ache as SW will not stop moving forward.

We are happy, I am already making moves to import the spare parts of the ipom kalakuta to that laughable state where the governor has a beard like a he goat grin
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Abeg park well make I see road, none of your damn answers suit any of my/our questions, instead of providing reasonable answer, you copied jagons and pasted it.
[b]
Even your ogbeni didnot even say anything related to all these questions: [/b]How sustainable is this effort/project? the problem with political office holders is that they like to involve themselves in elephant projects that wont stand the test of time. I cant help but imagine the level of corruption that would have gone into this project. How many state owned public schools do we have in Osun State and how many students (SSS) do we have in all schools. I guess over (7,000 to 15,000) on the average, will the State be ready to provide these students with tablets, have we considered the cost of procuring these tablets (for all SSS students) will not only furnish each State school with e-libraries, but will also provide good books for their consumption.
Most of these students cannot handle a computer talkless of the ability to handle and maintain tablets. I think it would have made better sense if all schools have very good e-learning libraries, tastefully furnished with computers (desk tops). This will ensure a win-win situation for all students and not a select few.

2. will the State be ready to continually provide tablets for subsequent students who move from the JSS arm to the SSS arm, and if so at whose expense?

Were you at the event and did you ask him that question?

FAQ is universally designed to answer questions so it's up to you to read and educate yourself or remain in this thread with your idiocy and clownish acts.

I can't believe these losers have so much to say about these kids when in fact they should be worried about their own low grade education and lack of any ability to read, comprehend and articulate thoughtful views.

What a sad waste..

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

Were you at the event and did you ask him that question?

FAQ is universally designed to answer questions so it's up to you to read and educate yourself or remain in this thread with your idiocy and clownish acts.

I can't believe these losers have so much to say about these kids when in fact they should be worried about their own low grade education and lack of any ability to read, comprehend and articulate thoughtful views.

What a sad waste..

alpha bravo echo golf papa alpha romeo kilo whiskey echo lima lima mike alpha delta golf oscar alpha tango. LoL

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
^^^^^^^^ Wonder why it took you so long to find your real portion and calling...
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Those days of free education are over in SW. Free education was implemented by Awolowo to encourage Yorubas to study then, while other regions were still in stone age. Yorubas don't need encouragement anyone because every family knows the importance of education. You wonder why SW higher institutions have the highest cut-off and requirement for admission, because competition to gain admission in SW is too high, everybody wants to be a graduate.

Four universities from the old western region under Awolowo were rated the best in the whole country at the beginning of this year:
1. University of Ibadan
2. University of Lagos
3. University of Benin
4. Obafemi Awolowo University(Ile-Ife, Osun state)

Of all the private Unis in Nigeria, SW private unis are performing better.
Covenant uni in Ota(Ogun state) was rated 11th in the whole country, even higher than some federal unis in other regions.
No point of bragging over all these, but clarification is essential.
Watch how this innovation by Aregbe is copied by other states.

Why do you love to lie so much
Schools are still free in the UK and USA so is the SW Nigeria more educated than these countries where our people are going on second slavery

Education is free for all children from 5 to 16.

Full-time education is compulsory for all children aged between 5 and 16 (inclusive) across England. This can be provided by state schools, independent schools, or homeschooling.

About 94 per cent of pupils in England, and the rest of the UK, receive free education from public funds, while 6 per cent attend independent fee paying schools or homeschooling.

Source

Even your ACN manifesto contradicts your obvious lie.

There are compelling political, economic and social reasons for free education for all citizens at all levels, once we can afford.

ACN Manifesto

And where did you get those four universities "under Awolowo"
Lieing is not good!!!

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by killemall: 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: alpha bravo echo golf papa alpha romeo kilo whiskey echo lima lima mike alpha delta golf oscar alpha tango. LoL
choi! People don dey use military phonetic dey yabb for this forum. The literary meaning of this is : park well mad goat. LoL!

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by eggheaders(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
kill'em all:
choi! People don dey use military phonetic dey yabb for this forum. The literary meaning of this is : park well mad goat. LoL!
Abeg park well mad goat . why guy??
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Awoofawo(m): 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: alpha bravo echo golf papa alpha romeo kilo whiskey echo lima lima mike alpha delta golf oscar alpha tango. LoL
clap for yourself: programmer which kind programming language you just code in now. abeg park well mad goat. what a childish ranting!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Horus(m): 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2013

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by dbty(m): 9:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Is there actually anything in SouthWest you guys don't complain of?

Lagos opens Ikoyi-Lekki link bridge--"Fashola is only building Lagos for the rich"

Oyo commissions Mokola bridge--"The bridge is not wide enough"

Ogun opens flyover--"why must everything be in Abeokuta?"

Nigeria's biggest refinery to be built in Ondo--"Why must it be ondo and not Akwa-Ibom?"

Osun to name airport After MKO--"what is Osun going to do with airport?"

Samsung opens its biggest workshop in Ekiti--"can
Ekiti people buy samsung products"

It flows in you guys blood, "bad belleism and Jealousy"

Democracy is Government of the pple by the ppl and being voted for by same ppl.it should ve human feelings.
Government is not abt despiracy or over ambitious.it is not how far but but how well.
How many affordable estate have they provided,yet they demolished.
How many jobs have they provided,yet they make anti masses policies and embarks on developments that take food away from the tables of underemployed,self employed and struggling to survived citizens.
How would opon ifa improved quality of education in Osun state?
Have you noticed the rate of increase in petty rubbery and burglary theft in Lagos lately?
Let see what so called peaceful environment of this country would turn to in the nearest future,if our Government go on with this trends of Governance.
What is happening in North its a big warning for our Goverment to change their ways.
Eko Atlantic:

Is there actually [b]anything
in SouthWest you guys don't complain of?

Lagos opens Ikoyi-Lekki link bridge--"Fashola is only building Lagos for the rich"

Nigeria's biggest refinery to be built in Ondo--"Why must it be ondo and not Akwa-Ibom?"

Democracy is Government of the pple by the ppl and being voted for by same ppl.it should ve human feelings.
Government is not abt despiracy or over ambitious.it is not how far but but how well.
How many jobs have they provided,yet they make anti masses policies and embarks on developments that take food away from the tables of underemployed,self employed and struggling to survived citizens.
Have you noticed the rate of increase in petty rubbery and burglary theft in Lagos lately?
Let see what so called peaceful environment of this country would turn to in the nearest future,if our Government go on with this trends of Governance.
What is happening in North its a big warning for our Goverment to change their ways. [/b]
Eko Atlantic:

What is happening in North its a big warning for our Goverment to change their ways.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
dbty:

Thanks for this observation.
The elitist policies of the pseudo-progressives shows that we are going to soon have the South west full of agberos, touts, area boys, petty thieves etc just like the almajiris in the north.

Probably that explains why Tinubu and co are ready to sell us into fulani slavery again with their unholy alliance into the Arewa People's Congress, APC.

BTW, I understand ALL their governors are also muslim except Fayemi in Ekiti state.
Quite interesting!!!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by EkoAtlantic: 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

Why do you love to lie so much
Schools are still free in the UK and USA so is the SW Nigeria more educated than these countries where our people are going on second slavery

Even your ACN manifesto contradicts your obvious lie.

Of course the free education program is still on to cater for immigrants from other regions.

anonimi:
And where did you get those four universities "under Awolowo"
Lieing is not good!!!

Point to one of the institutions I listed that's not located in the old western region?
Were those states they're located not once governed by Awo while under the western region?!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Austyn44(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
Salute for d man wey sabi!
This man is a thinking n working governor. He's encouraging e-learning,computer literacy n raising the standard of education. More grease to his elbows.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by eggheaders(m): 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

Thanks for this observation.
The elitist policies of the pseudo-progressives shows that we are going to soon have the South west full of agberos, touts, area boys, petty thieves etc just like the almajiris in the north.

Probably that explains why Tinubu and co are ready to sell us into fulani slavery again with their unholy alliance into the Arewa People's Congress, APC.

BTW, I understand ALL their governors are also muslim except Fayemi in Ekiti state.
Quite interesting!!!

same way you gat loads of jobless tout in the east the pi a zu guys. massob boys and various vigilante gun wielding low lifes with all this in place. your enclave is still an epitome of criminality ranging from armed robbery to kidnapping. let me give you another goodnews from your land the owner of classic cars was shot last week at ABS junction. hey skunkhead we in the south west don't care about religion as long as you deliver result. don't you think it is high time you look inward and start questioning those failures called governors in alaigbo.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Of course the free education program is still on to cater for immigrants from other regions.

Point to one of the institutions I listed that's not located in the old western region?
Were those states they're located not once governed by Awo while under the western region?!

Which free education after you wrote:

Those days of free education are over in SW.

You did not say they were SIMPLY located but gave the impression they were all created by Awo.

Four universities from the old western region under Awolowo

That is a lie.

As I advised you sometime ago, your lies will be found out so don't lie anymore.
#FriendlyAdvice.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by anonimi: 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
eggheaders:

same way you gat loads of jobless tout in the east the pi a zu guys. massob boys and various vigilante gun wielding low lifes with all this in place. your enclave is still an epitome of criminality ranging from armed robbery to kidnapping. let me give you another goodnews from your land the owner of classic cars was shot last week at ABS junction. hey skunkhead we in the south west don't care about religion as long as you deliver result. don't you think it is high time you look inward and start questioning those failures called governors in alaigbo.

So because the north and south east are breeding delinquents the south west must also join the bandwagon

What kind of reasoning is this? I thought we yorubas pride ourselves as leading in GOOD things. that was what the late sage, Awo taught us. I see the Akotiletas (prodigal sons) in ACN are hell bent on squandering that legacy as long as they amass our wealth to themselves just like their fulani friends have done in Nigeria's almost 100 year history.

We will not let that happen to us!

I will, as usual, ignore your insults.
I will continue to resist the temptation of sinking to that gutter level.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by eggheaders(m): 10:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
anonimi:

So because the north and south east are breeding delinquents the south west must also join the bandwagon

What kind of reasoning is this? I thought we yorubas pride ourselves as leading in GOOD things. that was what the late sage, Awo taught us. I see the Akotiletas (prodigal sons) in ACN are hell bent on squandering that legacy as long as they amass our wealth to themselves just like their fulani friends have done in Nigeria's almost 100 year history.

We will not let that happen to us!

I will as usual ignore your insults. I will continue to resist the temptation of sinking to that gutter level.

so you are now Yoruba big liar. fyi the motor boys or agbero are being curtail by various governors in the south west. when last did you hear of nurtw crisis in oyo state. with the operation burst thing all of them has been force to lay low. same the lasg is engaging some of them in agriculture and in various skill acquisition centers across the state.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by jjcbuthot: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Even when their own governors are not doing anything worth showcasing and their cousin in Abuja is watering the seed of corruption
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Dibiachukwu: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
Men Wuff! For a second I thought these ugly notebooks had internet. I was waiting for more dayokanus,desolas and bisis to invade nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Independence Day Celebrations Of The 1970s And 1980s (Videos and Memories). / Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure / Governor Akeredolu Reacts As 88 Ghost Workers Receive Car Loan In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.