Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (21798 Views)

Omisore Alleges Cover-up By Osun INEC Over Suspended Officials! / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Desola(f): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2013
ajanaku2:

This is the apogee of "bad-belleism"!

Why castigate such a laudable project?

If e pain you too much, I'm sure there's a PHCN transformer in your Neighbourhood...Show it some love!...just a few hugs!

A few ke?

One hug is all that's required.

4 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Awoofawo(m): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Then he should prepare to be the father of many sons and daughters at the cause of whatever happens when underage watch por.nography on computer tablet.
YOU DEY TALK RUBBISH! DO YOU KNOW WHAT MADE THE SO CALLED DEVELOPED NATIONS WHAT THEY ARE TODAY? IT IS UNRESTRICT ACCESS TO TECHNOLOGY WHICH THEIR CHILDREN HAVE FROM THEIR CRADLE! ARIGBERASCAL DEY ON POINT ON THIS ONE JOOR!

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by aspabay(m): 9:45am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: did you say afford? Even in osun where most of the students come from poor backgrounds.

Who be this? Which state are you from? So because Osun is not in the Southsouth, you think they are poor. Oil is not the only source of wealth and prosperity. You need to move round the country to understand this.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Cwhyte(m): 9:47am On Jun 03, 2013
I can't say it is expensive, the Indian government did the same like 2 years ago for less than N5000 per tab. Tge pads are for low end users no wifi, 3g,camera and can't even browse, it is just like a mobile digital library for young people.

I like the initiative, very good idea. But I want him to concentrate more on science and technology development right from the secondary school. Thats how to move this nation forward.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 03, 2013
This is the first time any state government in Nigeria has taken such a beneficial initiative. They should be duly commended.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by OoduaDefence: 10:04am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Close that your mouth, how many of these children can afford the internet subscription on the said tablets or don't you know that computer tablet is just the same as calculator when you don't have internet connection on it.

Olodo ,did you read the article at all?? They have already installed educational softwares on the tablets.The children can access and use the installed software without ever needing to be connected to the internet.This is better than Akpabio or David mark donating cars to tuface and his wife.Kudos to the Governor.

8 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by benzion72(m): 10:06am On Jun 03, 2013
Very good initiatives. Hope it will go around all the schools and not only one school in a zone.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by daywatcher: 10:07am On Jun 03, 2013
excellent idea...I just hope the secondary schools in Osun all have desk, chairs and the other basics of a 21st century educational institution
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 10:11am On Jun 03, 2013
aspabay:

Who be this? Which state are you from? So because Osun is not in the Southsouth, you think they are poor. Oil is not the only source of wealth and prosperity. You need to move round the country to understand this.
my guy no dey call albino oyibo for me, most of those students are children of market women.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by aspabay(m): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: my guy no dey call albino oyibo for me, most of those students are children of market women.
Your ignorance is unparalleled. ...and who told you the tablets are sold to students for so much. grin grin grin Go get a life. BTW are you no supposed to be in school?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by seunny4lif(m): 10:22am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: my guy no dey call albino oyibo for me, most of those students are children of market women.
And so what?Most students in nigeria schools both high and low,dem parents na wetin?Oils workers?Abi all those people using BB na rich people pikin?Na people like u neva chop belle full but go dem form for NL becos dem no know u reach house shocked shocked shocked...No fight me oohh wink wink winkIndia did the same thing......

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 10:27am On Jun 03, 2013
OoduaDefence:

Olodo ,did you read the article at all?? They have already installed educational softwares on the tablets.The children can access and use the installed software without ever needing to be connected to the internet.This is better than Akpabio or David mark donating cars to tuface and his wife.Kudos to the Governor.
For your dumb mind and you believe those children would only stick to educational software and would not attempt to know what's up on the internet.

My guy wake up most of those kids are yahoo yahoo they don't have time for any edu software. This not a welcomed development.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Afam4eva(m): 10:30am On Jun 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
Afam4eva 30,000 naira on every student is not expensive considering the benefits of the project, investing our human resource is what would make this nation great not some foreign investment the would pay graduate 30,000 naira to work in a grocery store.
I hope you know these tablets aint gonna last forever. If they get spoiled, will the government replace it. Where's the money coming from and how many people is this scheme going to reach? Osun is no Akwa Ibom and Delta and the cost of these gadgets will milk the state. I'm not saying it's not a good initiative but when governments in Nigeria decide on projects, the cost must be put into consideration.

Btw, are you an ACN member because your assertions on thread points to that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Jun 03, 2013
ajanaku2:

This is the apogee of "bad-belleism"!

Why castigate such a laudable project?

If e pain you too much, I'm sure there's a PHCN transformer in your Neighbourhood...Show it some love!...just a few hugs!
That it's laudable doesn't mean it's sustainable.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Afam4eva(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2013
daywatcher: excellent idea...I just hope the secondary schools in Osun all have desk, chairs and the other basics of a 21st century educational institution
Great question. We have to begin from the basics before moving up the ladder.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 10:33am On Jun 03, 2013
seunny4lif: And so what?Most students in nigeria schools both high and low,dem parents na wetin?Oils workers?Abi all those people using BB na rich people pikin?Na people like u neva chop belle full but go dem form for NL becos dem no know u reach house shocked shocked shocked...No fight me oohh wink wink winkIndia did the same thing......
And how many of the BB users can afford to subscribe for BIS, most of them sub for Bbc/bbcweek. Let alone school boys and girls, my guy this una governor na real dummy.

Bunch of local idiotas
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 03, 2013
abes: Q
DOES THE DEVICE HAVE INTERNET?

A
The current version of Opón Ìmò has Internet deactivated to prevent the distraction this may cause to students at this level of education.

In addition, the Internet does not drive Opón Ìmò content, because of the unstable nature of current data networks in our country and the huge data requiremenst the device would have had.

As such, content is domiciled strictly on the Tablet.
This approach Is a Nigerian adaptation, that is believed to be suitable for developing Nations where internet connectivity can still be a challenge.

- See more here

Thanks for sharing this information.
It gives those interested in developing more local content something to think about.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 10:37am On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
I hope you know these tablets aint gonna last forever. If they get spoiled, will the government replace it. Where's the money coming from and how many people is this scheme going to reach? Osun is no Akwa Ibom and Delta and the cost of these gadgets will milk the state. I'm not saying it's not a good initiative but when governments in Nigeria decide on projects, the cost must be put into consideration.

Btw, are you an ACN member because your assertions on thread points to that fact.
My guy it is a good iniative but it is not a welcomed development in any part of nigeria let alone osun a very poor state.

Instead of this, why not build a large computer room with internet facilities and d edu software stuff where all junior/ secondary school students would have full access to learn instead of basing it on SSS classes only. Don't tell me junior classes don't have the brain.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Meritbaba(m): 10:40am On Jun 03, 2013
What subscriptions are these ignorant fools talking about
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by chachal: 10:43am On Jun 03, 2013
It was stated that the 'opon' is not internet enabled. Who says the state cannot afford it. Its just a matter of settitng priorities right.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by chachal: 10:48am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: My guy it is a good iniative but it is not a welcomed development in any part of nigeria let alone osun a very poor state.

Instead of this, why not build a large computer room with internet facilities and d edu software stuff where all junior/ secondary school students would have full access to learn instead of basing it on SSS classes only. Don't tell me junior classes don't have the brain.

Everyone is thinking portable to bar space and time constraints.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Derealme(m): 10:55am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: For your dumb mind and you believe those children would only stick to educational software and would not attempt to know what's up on the internet. My guy wake up most of those kids are yahoo yahoo they don't have time for any edu software. This not a welcomed development.
it seem na one remote village u ve lived all ur life. Haven't u heard of 'jet age'

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Awoofawo(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: For your dumb mind and you believe those children would only stick to educational software and would not attempt to know what's up on the internet.

My guy wake up most of those kids are yahoo yahoo they don't have time for any edu software. This not a welcomed development.

ARE YOU FROM NORTHERN NIGERIA COS THE WAY YOU SOUND IS A POINTER TO THAT OF BEING BOKO ABOKI IN ORIGIN! I PITY YOU AND YOUR LIKE! YOU ARE A COW FROM BACKWARD BACKWATER OF 9JA! CIVILIZATION BABOO!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Derealme(m): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Then he should prepare to be the father of many sons and daughters at the cause of whatever happens when underage watch por.nography on computer tablet.

probably u read ur favourite part of the article n frivolously ignore d other part of it
launch customised computer tablets,“Opon-Imo,”

...“are installed with softwares
of lesson notes and textbooks on 17 subjects offered
by students of secondary schools, as well as past
questions and answers on the West African Senior
School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE), National
Examination Council (NECO) and the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).”

As the word implies [quote author=customized[/quote] it will be used for wat it is built for, no other apps can be installed neither will be able to access internet.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by bashydemy(m): 11:06am On Jun 03, 2013
Well done Ogbeni, South West is working and the rest are sleeping
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by thelonestranger: 11:10am On Jun 03, 2013
Are they insured against theft ( and selling to alaba market) ? Who pays the premium ?

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 03, 2013

I don't think its connected to the internet!
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by badassnigga(m): 11:13am On Jun 03, 2013
laudable

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Derealme(m): 11:14am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: And how many of the BB users can afford to subscribe for BIS, most of them sub for Bbc/bbcweek. Let alone school boys and girls, my guy this una governor na real dummy.

Bunch of local idiotas
Sentiment n jealously have beclouded ur reasoning. Guy if e dey pain u, Phamarcy get PANADOL

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 11:15am On Jun 03, 2013
django1:

I don't think its connected to the internet!
even with the wi-fi on it.

Infact with all these comments above i can now figure the true picture of osun indigenes.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by seunny4lif(m): 11:16am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: And how many of the BB users can afford to subscribe for BIS, most of them sub for Bbc/bbcweek. Let alone school boys and girls, my guy this una governor na real dummy.

Bunch of local idiotas
I knw so many people that their parents no get anything but are using full subs for Bis in school and i know there are so many people like dat in nigeria and even NL...Wetin dey there self becos all the money used for this program no fit buy 5 Bentley nd 2 supersport cars which some of our leaders dey use money buy and we no fit do anything............Naija people self smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: even with the wi-fi on it.

Infact with all these comments above i can now figure the true picture of osun indigenes.

Dude! Go and rest, South West is well ahead of wherever region you're from.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

White Money Meets Ugwuanyi, Becomes “Ambassador Of Enugu State In Creative Arts” / Independence Day Celebrations Of The 1970s And 1980s (Videos and Memories). / Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.