Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (21793 Views)

Omisore Alleges Cover-up By Osun INEC Over Suspended Officials! / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ifyalways(f): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Very commendable! I'm watching the unveiling live.
If a governor uses state money wisely,we cry "oh that poor state,can they sustain yhe project etc",when same gov folds his hand we say"what did he do with ALL the state funds"
Humans !
Nigerians ! !
I fear my kpomo cheesy

In other news, Obi is building customized "pit latrines" in secondary schools in Anambra.
Ihe ojoo na-ato ochi .
Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by semit: 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
i believe access to multimedia files, especially video files, are blocked
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: chie! yoruba people can make NOISE lol
Imagine, this guy threw a national assembly for laptops lol
he even went as far as saying this is the only note worthy thing happening in africa
i appologize for comparing him to Azikiwe. I like the guy but Nigeria needs more sober minded politicians and leaders, lol

Should I remind u of what the retardeen said when he was launching both cassava bread and energy bulb?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by BrosPeter: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
Another wast of money again. The gov should spend the money for education of everybody till university. i don't agree to this support that the gov is using our money for.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
Wow!!!!! Aregbe is dropping serious knowledge on TV. He's obviously very knowledgeable and serious about this program.

This is a very detailed and comprehensive program

lol @ the no more 10kg physics textbook...

I'm very impressed ..

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
The prospects of these tablets is exciting!

If a student decides to study just waec past questions for ten years which the device provides for, I don't see how he will fail!

Its even solar powered!

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee: Wow!!!!! Aregbe is dropping serious knowledge on TV. He's obviously very knowledgeable and serious about this program.

This is a very detailed and comprehensive program

lol @ the no more 10kg physics textbook...

I'm very impressed ..

He is not only street smart but also intellectually sound.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
Demdem:

Should I remind u of what the retardeen said when he was launching both cassava bread and energy bulb?
are those not tangible commodities? they employ people, that's fine. This guy thinks he saved africa. GEJ didn't claim to have save africa nor run a ceremony more expensive than the initiative it's self lol. Amaechi, Akpabio and Okorocha who have launched free education didn't run a ceremony this ostentatious. Anyways I like the guy, he's an innovative thinker and man of pride, I can understand that. This will help Nigeria reach the next level.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by dapsonlou(m): 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Is there actually anything in SouthWest you guys don't complain of?

Lagos opens Ikoyi-Lekki link bridge--"Fashola is only building Lagos for the rich"

Oyo commissions Mokola bridge--"The bridge is not wide enough"

Ogun opens flyover--"why must everything be in Abeokuta?"

Nigeria's biggest refinery to be built in Ondo--"Why must it be ondo and not Akwa-Ibom?"

Osun to name airport After MKO--"what is Osun going to do with airport?"

Samsung opens its biggest workshop in Ekiti--"can
Ekiti people buy samsung products"

It flows in you guys blood, "bad belleism and Jealousy"

cos if the new refinery is build in Akwa-ibom the say hausa people kill 1 igbo in the north that is the day they will throw fire to the refinery because it belong to an hausa man lol
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: At least we have only one reasonable comment from osun, brawse I would like to applaud the effort and also commend the initiative, I cant help but raise some questions on the aforementioned issue.
How sustainable is this effort/project? the problem with political office holders is that they like to involve themselves in elephant projects that wont stand the test of time. I cant help but imagine the level of corruption that would have gone into this project. How many state owned public schools do we have in Osun State and how many students (SSS) do we have in all schools. I guess over (7,000 to 15,000) on the average, will the State be ready to provide these students with tablets, have we considered the cost of procuring these tablets (for all SSS students) will not only furnish each State school with e-libraries, but will also provide good books for their consumption.
Most of these students cannot handle a computer talkless of the ability to handle and maintain tablets. I think it would have made better sense if all schools have very good e-learning libraries, tastefully furnished with computers (desk tops). This will ensure a win-win situation for all students and not a select few.

2. will the State be ready to continually provide tablets for subsequent students who move from the JSS arm to the SSS arm, and if so at whose expense?

That's my own point of view tho, i need somebody to convince people on this matter.

I don't have time to go back n forth, this is Opn Imo detailed website and FAQ?

It's loaded with all the answers to your questions and much more...

http://www.oponimo.com/faq.php#sthash.r1rpCYUS.dpbs

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo:
are those not tangible commodities? they employ people, that's fine. This guy thinks he saved africa. GEJ didn't claim to have save africa nor run a ceremony more expensive than the initiative it's self lol. Amaechi, Akpabio and Okorocha who have launched free education didn't run a ceremony this ostentatious. Anyways I like the guy, he's an innovative thinker and man of pride, I can understand that. This will help Nigeria reach the next level.

There is nothing ostentatious in that program. It's ok as per Niger standard.
Anyway its good y agree that he is innovative.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by mapet: 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
@ Afam4eva, It's a pity the quality of reasoning on NL has gone to the dogs, else your "opinion" was never even of any qualitative value in the first place.

Followers of this initiative knew all along the thought process that went into the scheme; from the education summit chaired by Prof. Wole Soyinka himself, to the breakdown analysis and initiatives of actualizing this. There was the partnership with the company that made the device possible, the partnership with the company that setup a factory to couple, refurbish and repair damaged devices which has trained some OYES graduates.

Besides these has brought a win-win situation even to Nigerian companies. Contents where bought from notable book publishers, local softwared development companies designed the e-exam simulations etc

Understanding the structure, network and collaboration below, how is the sustainablility rocket science. The cost of the tablet is even the least and of least concern, simply replace it. Even a less than 30yr old Kogi State indigene is producing tablet "Inye", before you know it, the likes of Zinox, Pragmatic, Madam Seriki etc will flood the market with tablet and cost will drop.

Sustainability is much more in the structure put on ground and that was never hidden from the public domain. It's just like on NL is rocket science to do the simple, read.
Afam4eva:
You have made a salient point. This is what i expected other people to do. Atcck my opinion and not me.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
the ceremony is ostentatious not the program. I just changed the channel when they started singing and dancing. Good program but he needs to go back to work lol. You can't throw a wedding for every government initiative when your job is to pass initiatives.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
OoduaDefence:

Olodo ,did you read the article at all?? They have already installed educational softwares on the tablets.The children can access and use the installed software without ever needing to be connected to the internet.This is better than Akpabio or David mark donating cars to tuface and his wife.Kudos to the Governor.

Bros, abeg help me hammer the ting put for dia brain!
Na who even tell dem say de tab fit connect internet sef?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Another aspect of this program that sounds very heart warming is the fact that they have on site tech support in all the schools using the device, they have tech support offices in all the local governments to take care of serious issues and on top of that, the factory is right there in Osogbo.

They have solar charging stations in all the schools. This is a well though out program and they are even making money by selling the preloaded Opon Imo to private schools and other governments in Nigeria....

They are creating jobs in Osogbo by insisting the company set up their manufacturing factory in Osogbo hence setting the state up as an ICT center. The software developers and engineers are all local talents and they provided their services for 9 months free of charge to the state which I find very commendable, this is giving back to the community..

This man just changed the face of learning and education in Nigeria for good..

God bless them all for this inspiring effort...
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
dapsonlou:

cos if the new refinery is build in Akwa-ibom the say hausa people kill 1 igbo in the north that is the day they will throw fire to the refinery because it belong to an hausa man lol

lol at awka ibom being igbo
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
This local dialect is nothing but a scam, imagine him embracing iya oloja after demolished most of their markets in his state.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo: the ceremony is ostentatious not the program. I just changed the channel when they started singing and dancing. Good program but he needs to go back to work lol. You can't throw a wedding for every government initiative when your job is to pass initiatives.

Even the ceremony isn't ostentatious. If its the dancing u are concerned about, a lot do it for free in Osun and am sure of many ijesha groups who will gladly do it for ogbeni.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
I sincerely hope other SW states quickly embrace this!

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: This local dialect is nothing but a scam, imagine him embracing iya oloja after demolished most of their markets in his state.

After complaining needlessly over everything that makes no sense, now it's irrelevant issues about market women? What's next, why the sky is not blue?

Don't you sound very petty and aimless..?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Ikengawo: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
Demdem:

Even the ceremony isn't ostentatious. If its the dancing u are concerned about, a lot do it for free in Osun and am sure of many ijesha groups who will gladly do it for ogbeni.

are you watching what i'm watching? there was a camera on a crane LOL

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee: Another aspect of this program that sounds very heart warming is the fact that they have on site tech support in all the schools using the device, they have tech support offices in all the local governments to take care of serious issues and on top of that, the factory is right there in Osogbo.

They have solar charging stations in all the schools. This is a well though out program and they are even making money by selling the preloaded Opon Imo to private schools and other governments in Nigeria....

They are creating jobs in Osogbo by insisting the company set up their manufacturing factory in Osogbo hence setting the state up as an ICT center. The software developers and engineers are all local talents and they provided their services for 9 months free of charge to the state which I find very commendable, this is giving back to the community..

This man just change the face of learning and education in Nigeria for good..

God bless them all fr this inspiring effort...

No wonder Osun has one of the lowest unemployment rate in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Asiwaju is speaking at the event.. make I listen...
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ikengawo:

are you watching what i'm watching? there was a camera on a crane LOL

And what's the big deal about this?
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
Demdem:

He's trolling...ignore him.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee: Asiwaju is speaking at the event.. make I listen...

Jagbana himself. The retardeens nemesis.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by cyril83(m): 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

After complaining needlessly over everything that makes no sense, now it's irrelevant issues about market women? What's next, why the sky is not blue?

Don't you sound very petty and aimless..?
Everything about him is scam, all his speech are just cheap points for coming election.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Segema: 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Close that your mouth, how many of these children can afford the internet subscription on the said tablets or don't you know that computer tablet is just the same as calculator when you don't have internet connection on it.
Sorry to disappoint you, the tablet does not need the Internet to function as a learning tool, it is installed with over 50 text books of 17 subjects needed for WAEC etc
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Garrithe1st: 3:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
Demdem:

What do you from an Akpu-chopping dude whose state is run by brainless tadpoles??

cheesy cheesy
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by ekoilee: 3:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Everything about him is scam, all his speech are just cheap points for coming election.

You've moved away from market women to scam?

You are wasting your time because I really wasn't expecting much from you since all your comments in this thread remains off point, unhelpful and petty..
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Olamilec(m): 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
cyril83: Close that your mouth, how many of these children can afford the internet subscription on the said tablets or don't you know that computer tablet is just the same as calculator when you don't have internet connection on it.
You are the one that suppose to close your mouth, is it necessary you must use internet connection before you use the tab, read through the previous posts and understand that those app(s) doesn't need internet to run, maybe key points, waec or neco past questions modules you need internet for abi what? The tab is not for leisure but for lecture. What about the WiFi in the state. The Governor is trying and we appreciate him for that... Kudos Ogbeni Rauf, you are not like others instead of bringing the factory to the states they partner with Samsung and others, I don't know if that will create employment for there youths... First of it kind in Africa.
Re: Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today by Demdem(m): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
eko ilee:

He's trolling...ignore him.

I better do. I was dumbfounded when he made mention of camera on crane and I was like.......wat da ffuck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Adesina - We Never Respond To Fayose Because We See What He Does As Comic Relief / Buhari Doing Same Mistake Jonathan Did In 2015 – Ben Bruce / INEC Collation Officer Shot In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.