Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (13383 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Political Crinkum Crankum (a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
yemi2plus2:
this story is about nairaland, i believe Seun does not have a choice like Mynd44.
We still have to respect their decisions. Abi
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by chistar01(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ermm, firstly let me say you guys are doing a nice job but;
I'm gettting kinda confused about the exact plot of this story. I'm sure you guys have seen enough comments on the inconsistency of the story so am not going to talk about that.

My own question is what exactly is the 'PLOT' of the story? Its chapter 6 or so and i dont still get where the story is heading. HBG is still doint her registration by chapter 6?!! That rather odd , dont you agree.

I dont mean to sound harsh or anything, but just like a comment i saw on the main thread, I advice you guy to take a break and plot the story properly before continuation, and Please, it should have an ending, not just until the writers are out of idea. This is a collabo and there are going to be conflict of ideas and plots if there isnt an 'ALPHA' plot.

MY OPINION
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by yemi2plus(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: We still have to respect their decisions. Abi
na you dey find trouble na o. I nor call anybody name o.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by yemi2plus(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
IMO, i think all writers involve in the write-up should choose a particular date and time to have a kind of group discussion, about who the hero of the story is, the setting, plot and other things. You guys use you the chit-chat thread.
Thanks.
Yemi2plus
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by EzePromoe: 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:

Did you ask Seun if you could include him on your story? I don't want trouble
Unless, Seun will come himself and say he doesn't want his name.
But apart from that, since the story is about Nairaland, Seun must be involved, or can't you see that Nairaland is owned by Oluwaseun Osewa undecided
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by yemi2plus(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Unless, Seun will come himself and say he doesn't want his name.
But apart from that, since the story is about Nairaland, Seun must be involved, or can't you see that Nairaland is owned by Oluwaseun Osewa undecided
help me ask her o. Eze, i nor like this your red colour o.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by EzePromoe: 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
chistar01: Ermm, firstly let me say you guys are doing a nice job but;
I'm gettting kinda confused about the exact plot of this story. I'm sure you guys have seen enough comments on the inconsistency of the story so am not going to talk about that.

My own question is what exactly is the 'PLOT' of the story? Its chapter 6 or so and i dont still get where the story is heading. HBG is still doint her registration by chapter 6?!! That rather odd , dont you agree.

I dont mean to sound harsh or anything, but just like a comment i saw on the main thread, I advice you guy to take a break and plot the story properly before continuation, and Please, it should have an ending, not just until the writers are out of idea. This is a collabo and there are going to be conflict of ideas and plots if there isnt an 'ALPHA' plot.

MY OPINION
Its too early to be talking about the ending of this story now, or you no want us to write again wink
For me, in my own opinion o, this should be an everlasting thread
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by xynerise: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
No one is updating, why?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
xynerise: No one is updating, why?
because m confused. Well I have this idea, I thought all of the writers would choose a character/characters they like then explore, take a trip to get to know that character.

Well I am warking on my character, how the events follow does not have to clash.

Where is Bola when I need him?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by xynerise: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: because m confused. Well I have this idea, I thought all of the writers would choose a character/characters they like then explore, take a trip to get to know that character.

Well I am warking on my character, how the events follow does not have to clash.

Where is Bola when I need him?
I dont know about other writers but that is the style am using. I chose just 10 characters.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by EzePromoe: 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
yemi2plus2:
help me ask her o. Eze, i nor like this your red colour o.
I nor choose the one wey you go like, na the one i like wey i choose tongue
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by EzePromoe: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
If not for enweghi ohere, i would have hijacked the thread sad
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
xynerise:
I dont know about other writers but that is the style am using. I chose just 10 characters.
would you advise I update or wait on others to see if we are all on the same boat?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: If not for enweghi ohere, i would have hijacked the thread sad

[size=13pt]Who on earth is that [/size]
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by xynerise: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: would you advise I update or wait on others to see if we are all on the same boat?
Our first chapters are filled with inconsistency and errors. Lets make the second phase of the story a difference. Our viewers are no longer focus on the first 6 chapters because they know we made errors.

Check the last chapter and know the characters' personalities before you come up with yours. We shouldnt deviate character's personalities.

Remember, we are all students,except for Seun who is the VC. Moderators can be course co-ordinators.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by EzePromoe: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:

[size=13pt]Who on earth is that [/size]
grin grin grin
Enweghi ohere means "limited chance." It's not the name of my cousin like you may be thinking grin
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by chistar01(m): 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Its too early to be talking about the ending of this story now, or you no want us to write again wink
For me, in my own opinion o, this should be an everlasting thread
lol.. Dont get me wrong o, its just that irrespective of the fact that its the NL story, its still a story and all stories must have an end. With time NL would grow more then maybe there would be a part2, season2 or somthing like that. You know say everything must have an ending, its just how things have always been
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
xynerise:
Our first chapters are filled with inconsistency and errors. Lets make the second phase of the story a difference. Our viewers are no longer focus on the first 6 chapters because they know we made errors.

Check the last chapter and know the characters' personalities before you come up with yours. We shouldnt deviate character's personalities.

Remember, we are all students,except for Seun who is the VC. Moderators can be course coordinators.
antelope, I am to follow Foxy and Flow around? Rap Maestro and Damex Abeggi!

Them guys are too much already and I don't think I would do their characters justice.

What I was saying is that; we could share sections, others would focus on romance, others lit section, others politics, others foreign affairs etc. That way, we will have Nairaland, as a whole but spliting sections. Writers won't have to rely on someone's update too. We could even have a date when we will all submit our updates.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Eze Promoe:
grin grin grin
Enweghi ohere means "limited chance." It's not the name of my cousin like you may be thinking grin
your crazy jor!
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Caracta(f): 11:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
I'm soooo proud of my e-dad. Yaaaay! He is a writer! Good job guys kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by Dygeasy(m): 11:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
I Talked About Mail, Not Everyone Listened. If We Were Chatting Offline, Things Wouldn't Go Bad. I Tried Highlighting The Way The Story/Plot Is Supposed To Be Didn't I? Plus The Email Option If There's Any Other Thing To Ask. But Hey! Where Are We?

Nowhere!
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by xynerise: 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: antelope, I am to follow Foxy and Flow around? Rap Maestro and Damex Abeggi!

Them guys are too much already and I don't think I would do their characters justice.

What I was saying is that; we could share sections, others would focus on romance, others lit section, others politics, others foreign affairs etc. That way, we will have Nairaland, as a whole but spliting sections. Writers won't have to rely on someone's update too. We could even have a date when we will all submit our updates.
ok, that is better. I will write on Health section next.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
Dygeasy: I Talked About Mail, Not Everyone Listened. If We Were Chatting Offline, Things Wouldn't Go Bad. I Tried Highlighting The Way The Story/Plot Is Supposed To Be Didn't I? Plus The Email Option If There's Any Other Thing To Ask. But Hey! Where Are We?

Nowhere!
Just great! angry what happened to your phone? Abeg, emails freaks me out. M allergic to them. tongue

Just read the critics jor, what antelope and Mrs Preacher discussed. Don't come here yelling @ us!
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by xynerise: 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
Dygeasy: I Talked About Mail, Not Everyone Listened. If We Were Chatting Offline, Things Wouldn't Go Bad. I Tried Highlighting The Way The Story/Plot Is Supposed To Be Didn't I? Plus The Email Option If There's Any Other Thing To Ask. But Hey! Where Are We?

Nowhere!
Bro, chill. You sounded like all hope is lost. We made the mistakes, we can correct it. Let all writers come together and we can fix this.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:02am On Jul 24, 2013
xynerise:
ok, that is better. I will write on Health section next.
Good, I will take religion and literature but I major in literature.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by xynerise: 12:05am On Jul 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Good, I will take religion and literature but I major in literature.
let other writers choose their preferred section(s) and lets kick failure out of the team cool
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:07am On Jul 24, 2013
xynerise:
let other writers choose their preferred section(s) and lets kick failure out of the team cool
where are they? Plomoe! Plomoe! I yam calling you again o! Your phone is linging, linging! You are needed here.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by xynerise: 12:14am On Jul 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: where are they? Plomoe! Plomoe! I yam calling you again o! Your phone is linging, linging! You are needed here.

We shouldnt let our viewers(fans grin) get tired of viewing. No update in 2 days, thats awful. Pls we should come up with something today.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:19am On Jul 24, 2013
xynerise:
We shouldnt let our viewers(fans grin) get tired of viewing. No update in 2 days, thats awful. Pls we should come up with something today.
feeling hyper already tongue

M vamoosing, them guys might show up, I would update but so many things clash. I started with Day one.

And somehow I end up sitting alone, then m in class gosh!

I hope m not talking too much?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by xynerise: 12:25am On Jul 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: feeling hyper already tongue

M vamoosing, them guys might show up, I would update but so many things clash. I started with Day one.

And somehow I end up sitting alone, then m in class gosh!

I hope m not talking too much?

Nah! When you say interesting things and u talk much, people dont bother how much time u consume. Its only when you say boring and irrational comments that a minute will look like an hour.
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:30am On Jul 24, 2013
xynerise:

Nah! When you say interesting things and u talk much, people dont bother how much time u consume. Its only when you say boring and irrational comments that a minute will look like an hour.
I just hope I won't receive slaps o, aint u supposed to be sleeping?
Re: Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. by xynerise: 12:32am On Jul 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I just hope I won't receive slaps o, aint u supposed to be sleeping?
I had a nightmare tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Reasons why I killed.......Wild Wild West...... / Two Nigerians Nominated For 2015 Caine Prize For African Writing / How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.