Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,821 members, 7,841,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

About The Trinity - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Trinity (9819 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
frosbel:

Not really, is this something you have recently recovered from. cheesy

Isn't the center of our disagreement Jesus's Deity, frosbel? Are you suddenly chamging your stance to accept Jesus as God the Word? Or you don't realize that your asking what my source is implies either a poor recall of where I stand on the matter or a poor intellect that fails to appreciate that my position puts me in the exclusive group of God's Children?

Or, perhaps, like I said, you're repenting your antagonism against the Deity of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Isn't the center of our disagreement Jesus's Deity, frosbel? Are you suddenly chamging your stance to accept Jesus as God the Word? Or you don't realize that your asking what my source is implies either a poor recall of where I stand on the matter or a poor intellect that fails to appreciate that my position puts me in the exclusive group of God's Children?

Or, perhaps, like I said, you're repenting your antagonism against the Deity of Jesus Christ? undecided

You arrogate yourself to the position of telling a believer to repent because he believes Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD , the Messiah or Christ but not GOD.

There is nowhere in the bible which remotely suggests we MUST believe in Jesus as GOD himself to be saved, to preach such is not only antiChrist but it actually is a hindrance to the propagating of God's kingdom and you make yourself an enemy of Christ.
smiley

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
frosbel:

You arrogate yourself to the position of telling a believer to repent because he believes Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD , the Messiah or Christ but not GOD.

There is nowhere in the bible which remotely suggests we MUST believe in Jesus as GOD himself to be saved, to preach such is not only antiChrist but it actually is a hindrance to the propagating of God's kingdom and you make yourself an enemy of Christ.
smiley

Lol. Do you really think that I'm worrying myself sick over what you think the Scriptures say? Rest assured I'm not.

As for arrogating anything to myself, you're welcome to your opinions. I know without a single doubt that no Christian rejects the Deity of Christ. In the process of comprehending it, he may waver and stumble about it, but he most definitely finally recognizes it and embraces it for deep calls to deep and the Spirit of God which he has within him will not cease to witness with his to establish him in the truth concerning the Lord Jesus.

It is only those who don't truly belong with us who dig in and become stiff-necked and bring condemnation upon themselves.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. Do you really think that I'm worrying myself sick over what you think the Scriptures say? Rest assured I'm not.

As for arrogating anything to myself, you're welcome to your opinions. I know without a single doubt that no Christian rejects the Deity of Christ. In the process of comprehending it, he may waver and stumble about it, but he most definitely finally recognizes it and embraces it for deep calls to deep and the Spirit of God which he has within him will not cease to witness with his to establish him in the truth concerning the Lord Jesus.

It is only those who don't truly belong with us who dig in and become stiff-necked and bring condemnation upon themselves.

What else do I expect from you ?

You never fail to disappoint, but not to worry, you will get there.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
frosbel:

What else do I expect from you ?

You never fail to disappoint, but not to worry, you will get there.

smiley

One skill that I encourage you and admonish you to acquire for your benefit is the ability to follow a thread of thought to its end so that you don't get all confused and waste your time and everyone else's.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

One skill that I encourage you and admonish you to acquire for your benefit is the ability to follow a thread of thought to its end so that you don't get all confused and waste your time and everyone else's.

Mate, engaging you in particular in any debate is not a pleasure to say the least, of course you understand from previous encounters that I am not one to waste my time with you.

So yes , in this context I promise not to waste your time. cheesy
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
frosbel:

You mean Heb 1:9

grin
heb 1.8 and answer this questions
1. who was that verse refering to in that context? Jesus, Angel or God?

2. must your reasoning and logic be the determinant of how a verse is interpreted/translated?

3. do you have all the deep mystery of divinity revealed to you?

4. do you accept the bible by faith or are you questioning what is written?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hi frosbel, got a quote for you from CARM
The Greek construction of Hebrews 1:8 allows the text to be translated in two legitimate ways:
[b] [a]
"God is your throne forever and ever....

and

[b]
"Thy Throne O God, is forever and ever..." [b]
which of the above rendering of the greek is closer to the context?
Re: About The Trinity by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 5:36am On Aug 01, 2013
hisblud: Hi frosbel, got a quote for you from CARM which of the above rendering of the greek is closer to the context?

"God is your throne forever and ever.... would be closer and "Thy Throne O God, is forever and ever..." would most certainly not be a legitimate way to translate, since it does not agree with the context of Scripture as a whole.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jessijosh nigeria (jessica And Joshua) Youngest And Latest Couple In The World / Download Apostle Joshua Selman 2021 Messages [UPDATED] / I Really Need Help. I Am Looking For Psalm 23 But I Want It In Yourba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.