Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,861 members, 7,838,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

About The Trinity - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Trinity (9807 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Trinity by DeepSight(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2013
^^^ Ok, can we have a rigorous go at the issue of the divinity of christ verse by verse?

I will have to open a special thread for that, one, as I want it to be a special academic case, one verse at a time, on everything that scripture says on the matter?
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 8:48am On Jun 15, 2013
Deep Sight:
^^^ Ok, can we have a rigorous go at the issue of the divinity of christ verse by verse?

I will have to open a special thread for that, one, as I want it to be a special academic case, one verse at a time, on everything that scripture says on the matter?
Yep. Let us do that
Re: About The Trinity by DeepSight(m): 8:54am On Jun 15, 2013
Mr anony:
Yep. Let us do that

Ok, I will do so and the inform you when done.
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 8:57am On Jun 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

Ok, I will do so and the inform you when done.

Waiting patiently for the thread as well....
Re: About The Trinity by SNCOQ3(m): 11:48am On Jun 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

I REJECT AND ABANDON YOUR REQUEST THAT NON BIBLE BELIEVERS SHOULD NOT COMMENT!

Now -

Jesus says -

https://www.nairaland.com/344297/dr-david-sheds-some-light#4817959

Remember your "common denominator" rule; I agree with it: You should too.
Re: About The Trinity by SNCOQ3(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

He claims to be the first and last, obviously within creation - In fact, the the very terms "first and last" connote something that is finite, so that hammers you. God is infinite, uncreated, timeless and eternal, and would this neither be first nor last.

Even the quran ascribes these to Jesus (Isa) and yet says that he certainly is not God!

This would tie up with the whole idea of Jesus being the monogenes - "only begotten" - of God, and as such, the firstborn of creation. That is the greek word used to describe Jesus in the NT - "monogenes".

This is exactly the true and correct answer to your "first and last, alpha and omega" business. God could not be any of these because he is eternal; this only clearly shows that Jesus is a creation and exists within creation.

And no, I play no trick on you, can you tell me how else Mk 10.18 is to be read? The man was very clear - "Why callest thou me good, only Gd is Good." How n earth do you want to force a strange meaning into this clear rebuke?

And he said same several times, just to show that your forced reading is wrong. He said the Father is greater than I. He said he has a God and Father. He said that Gd is his God and Father in the same way as God is ours. He prayed to God. He despaired about the decision of God both in Gethsemane and on the Cross. The thing is glaring, and on this issue, you can only resort to continuously side-stepping the simple questions, just as you have side-stepped the issue of the dichotomy of wills by making a non-existent distinction between a "person" and a "being".

I won't press you on this though, cos I know you are as locked-in and dogmatic against the obvious on this matter, as the atheists are on the existence of God.

Yes indeed, I blackmail you not sir: you do in fact by your words proclaim Jesus to be a sophisticated and dubious liar.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

...the beginning and ending
The greek word for "ending" in that verse is telos meaning:

(to set out for a definite point or goal); properly the point aimed at as a limit, that is, (by implication) the conclusion of an act or state (termination [literally, figuratively or indefinitely], result [immediate, ultimate or prophetic], purpose);
-Strong

What the above means is Jesus Christ is the one who created time and the one who is going to end it.

As for Alpha and Omega: Jesus Christ is in control of history - the beginning and end of ages, eras, rise and fall of world empires.

As for ...which is, and which was, and which is to come... : That is one long word for YaHWeH meaning: I am Eternity.
Re: About The Trinity by SNCOQ3(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
...And by the way, Jesus did not claim to be "first and last" as DeepSight erroneously noted; but "the first and the last". Even within a "finite" context; you can only be deity or a madman to make that claim.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
The Trinitarians can shout, Jesus is Almighty GOD for all eternity and until they are blue in the face, fact remains he is not and their position is false. Logic is not their friend this time around.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by SNCOQ3(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
^ explain love with logic.

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel: The Trinitarians can shout, Jesus is Almighty GOD for all eternity and until they are blue in the face, fact remains he is not and their position is false. Logic is not their friend this time around.

smiley
Hahahaha, your bible disagrees with you on this one sir.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
SNCOQ3: ^ explain love with logic.
NICE! POWERFUL QUESTION. I was going to ask DeepSight this question at some point but the conversation did not come around to it. A monadic God simply cannot be a God of Love.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mr anony: Hahahaha, your bible disagrees with you on this one sir.

You meant to say , anony's bible disagrees with frosbel smiley

My bible is 100% aligned with ONE God , not 3-gods which the Muslims rightly refer to as the Polytheism.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

You meant to say , anony's bible disagrees with frosbel smiley

My bible is 100% aligned with ONE God , not 3-gods which the Muslims rightly refer to as the Polytheism.
Lol, So Revelations 1:8 is not in your bible? What about Revelations 2:8? Jesus Christ is busy claiming to be God all over your bible. Closing your eyes and ears does not save you.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, So Revelations 1:8 is not in your bible? What about Revelations 2:8? Jesus Christ is busy claiming to be God all over your bible. Closing your eyes and ears does not save you.

How about Revelation 1:1 , God gave Jesus a revelation, does this now mean God gave God a revelation.

grin

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 2:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

How about Revelation 1:1 , God gave Jesus a revelation, does this now mean God gave God a revelation.

grin
In the same way God gave glory to God in Hebrews 1:8-12
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mr anony:
In the same way God gave glory to God in Hebrews 1:8-12

so God speaking to himself again , a sort of pretend child's play.

SMH.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

so God speaking to himself again , a sort of pretend child's play.

SMH.
Is that what your bible teaches you? Or does your bible tell you the Father speaks to the Son and vice versa referring to each other as God?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mr anony:
Is that what your bible teaches you? Or does your bible tell you the Father speaks to the Son and vice versa referring to each other as God?

Stop confusing yourself !!
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

Stop confusing yourself !!
Start reading your bible
Re: About The Trinity by shdemidemi(m): 2:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

grin

I trust you to ignore other parts of the scripture and hold unto one verse
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

I trust you to ignore other parts of the scripture and hold unto one verse

You are yet to show us ONE verse in the bible that explicitly confirms that GOD is 3 . There is no biblical support for your Polytheism.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel: You are yet to show us ONE verse in the bible that explicitly confirms that GOD is 3 . There is no biblical support for your Polytheism.
It is so sad that all you do these days is avoid and deep study of scripture while throwing strawmen all over the place. Frosbel let us have a bible study: What do you say to the verse presented where Christ is clearly called God?
Re: About The Trinity by SNCOQ3(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mr anony:
NICE! POWERFUL QUESTION. I was going to ask DeepSight this question at some point but the conversation did not come around to it. A monadic God simply cannot be a God of Love.

I believe a monadic God loving himself will self-destruct. The idea of Family is a projection of the trinity.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
SNCOQ3:
I believe a monadic God loving himself will self-destruct. The idea of Family is a projection of the trinity.
That's not even the issue. The problem with people who clamour for a monadic God is that they fail to see that once you do that, God can no longer be omniscient because it will mean that at the time before God created, God did not have any relationship with any person therefore whatever relationship God now has with other persons, He would have to learn it.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Boomark(m): 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
Boomark:
That is what am trying to get.
And stop dodging the
question. Cos it is very obvious
you seems not to know what
to say.
So are you saying that
1 the Father as a person is not
God
2 Jesus as a person is not God
3 the Holy spirit as a person is
not God.
Like you said, the 3 persons
are not 3 Gods. Don't tell me
am not understanding it or run
away. Just Answer me so i can
get it.

Mr anony:
Read the OP again. I made myself quite clear there

Hahaha. I don set question for jamb before in 1875. Even from the definition of trinity, i can set questions that will make to redefine trinity after each question. May be you need to study more before you attempt the questions...no problems.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
Boomark: Hahaha. I don set question for jamb before in 1875. Even from the definition of trinity, i can set questions that will make to redefine trinity after each question. May be you need to study more before you attempt the questions...no problems.
SMH. Did you read the op at all?
Re: About The Trinity by SNCOQ3(m): 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mr anony:
That's not even the issue. The problem with people who clamour for a monadic God is that they fail to see that once you do that, God can no longer be omniscient because it will mean that at the time before God created, God did not have any relationship with any person therefore whatever relationship God now has with other persons, He would have to learn it.

He would have been infinitely narccisistic (self-destruct) to create a being with freewill.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
Mr anony:
It is so sad that all you do these days is avoid and deep study of scripture while throwing strawmen all over the place. Frosbel let us have a bible study: What do you say to the verse presented where Christ is clearly called God?

Two things :

1. Jesus Christ is a god not GOD
2. You are yet to show us where in the bible mention is made explicitly referring to 3 gods =1 , until you can do that your position remains elusive.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

Two things :

2. You are yet to show us where in the bible mention is made explicitly referring to 3 gods =1 , until you can do that your position remains elusive.

1. Lol so Jesus is another god who who answers prayer and receives worship from human beings and angels? I hope you are realizing that it is you who is going into polytheism

2. That condition is not necessary as long as I can show and have shown the bible referring to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost as God.
Re: About The Trinity by SNCOQ3(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
@ Anony,
I agree with your profound connection between the Trinity, God's perfect love for us and omniscience.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
[quote author=Mr anony]
1. Lol so Jesus is another god who who answers prayer and receives worship from human beings and angels? I hope you are realizing that it is you who is going into polytheism

- Who asked his angels to pay obeisance to Jesus Christ and who exalted Jesus.

- In Rev 1:1 - Why did Jesus get a revelation from GOD

- Why is God the head of Christ in 1 Corinthians 11:3

2. That condition is not necessary as long as I can show and have shown the bible referring to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost as God.

Now you have moved the goal post , because you know that it is impossible to provide this imaginary evidence, it simply is not there , and has been derived from the formulation of an extra biblical concept by Greek pagan philosophers parading as church fathers over a 300 year period.

You have to wonder why God made such an easy concept so mystifying to his children, which is why when they attempt to explain it they end up confusing themselves and others.

Trinity has been debunked, stop deceiving yourself.

I talk to people out of this forum including family and they are beginning to easily see through the layers of deception used to construct and defend this pagan polytheistic belief.

You my friend believe in a 3 god god, I believe in one God and follow Jesus in saying :

"Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this: 'Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD." - Mark 12:29

smiley

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by SNCOQ3(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

Two things :

Your God&god idea is polytheism.

-edit-
You are yet to show us a mathematical expression of love, until you can do that without employing the tool of abstractions, simplification, analogies, metaphors...you're in no position to question our use of tritheism( 3Ps in 1G, 1G in 3Ps) as an abstraction for the Trinity. Maybe...just maybe logic is overated afterall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Is Your Best Christian Book? / How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? / Download Apostle Joshua Selman 2021 Messages [UPDATED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.