Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,879 members, 7,838,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

About The Trinity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Trinity (9808 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Trinity by ijawkid(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:
This is the challenge i will take: I will present a verse supporting each of my statements 1-10 at which point 11 would be your inevitable conclusion. Do you agree?

By the way in other news, let me ask you a question. Does the bible teach us to worship Jesus Christ? A simple yes or no will do.

Just a verse you mean??.....oya go ahead......

And worshipping Jesus christ.....Oh yes.....

May I ask you....what does worship mean??.....

cheesy
Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony: You'll have to show where you found the bolded in scripture.
It is common knowledge and besides, it doesn't have to be mentioned in scriptures before we agree that it is correct. The gestation period for dogs is 9 weeks, do we have to find it in the scriptures before we agree that it is correct? "GOD"is just a title shikena.

Secondly statement 11 is the inevitable conclusion you get to if all preceding 10 statements are true. wouldn't you agree?

No, I don't agree since "God" is just a title.

Uhm can't post my phone number here mate. Have you still got my email addy?
Lost that too. The email I used to register on nairaland was just a temporary one, it doesn't store messages {or addresses} for long.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Just a verse you mean??.....oya go ahead......

And worshipping Jesus christ.....Oh yes.....

May I ask you....what does worship mean??.....

cheesy
By worship I mean: The reverent love and ardent devotion and adoration accorded a to a deity. This love is expressed by ceremonies, prayers, songs of praise and other religious activities towards this person.
So by worshiping Christ you have agreed that the bible tells you to. Sing to Him, pray to Him, bow and kneel before Him, live your life in devotion to Him, have ceremonies in His honor e.t.c. That's good to know.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2013
^^^

Two questions :

1. Who asked all his angels to bow before Jesus
2. Who exalted Jesus

smiley

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Image123(m): 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Two questions :

2. Who exalted Jesus

smiley
Who was Jesus before Jesus?
John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
Image123:
Who was Jesus before Jesus?
John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Uhmmm, answer my questions first, stop drifting to another scripture.

wink
Re: About The Trinity by Image123(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel:

Uhmmm, answer my questions first, stop drifting to another scripture.

wink
my question answers your question, and is chronologically older than yours.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Image123:
my question answers your question, and is chronologically older than yours.

Not the mark of a good student.

Did Jesus exalt Jesus , did Jesus ask his own angels to bow before him, I still don't get your logic.
Re: About The Trinity by Image123(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel:

Not the mark of a good student.

Did Jesus exalt Jesus , did Jesus ask his own angels to bow before him, I still don't get your logic.

answer the question rabbi.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
Image123:
answer the question rabbi.

stick to your tithes , you do better with that one.

grin
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
It is common knowledge and besides, it doesn't have to be mentioned in scriptures before we agree that it is correct. The gestation period for dogs is 9 weeks, do we have to find it in the scriptures before we agree that it is correct? "GOD"is just a title shikena.
Short story: You have no biblical evidence

No, I don't agree since "God" is just a title.
Then you are not ready for serious discourse

Lost that too. The email I used to register on nairaland was just a temporary one, it doesn't store messages {or addresses} for long.
Hmm, too bad. You can send me a private message via Nairaland though
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Two questions :

2. Who exalted Jesus

smiley
Answers to 1&2 is the Father: after Christ had given up His God privileges and become man, the father exalted Him back to His place.
By the way, I hope you do realize that you have just conceded that Jesus Christ was worshiped by the angels.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by truthislight: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
^^
@Anony

"Holy spirit is a person" you say.

So, when the bible says you will be given the holyspirit or you will receive the holy spirit, it is a person that you will be given abi ?

Or, it is a person you will receive abi ?

What a delusion !
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
truthislight: ^^
@Anony

So, when the bible says you will be given the holyspirit or you will receive the holy spirit, it is a person that you will be given abi ?

What a delusion !

Perfectly said.

They forget that to receive the Spirit is to receive Power from GOD.

"And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high." - Luke 24:49

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
Mr anony:
Answers to 1&2 is the Father: after Christ had given up His God privileges and become man, the father exalted Him back to His place.
By the way, I hope you do realize that you have just conceded that Jesus Christ was worshiped by the angels.

So the Father asked exalted Jesus, good. smiley

But why did Jesus need to be exalted if he was already exalted in the past tense, I mean what was the purpose of exalting an exalted being, does this not sound rather like play acting ?

Finally, God alone is to be worshiped , so said Jesus, God however requires that we pay obeisance to his Son and be submitted to him as the Head of the Church.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel:

Finally, God alone is to be worshiped , so said Jesus, God however requires that we pay obeisance to his Son and be submitted to him as the Head of the Church.

You guys have been unable to tell us how the God of the hebrews( Yahweh) was worshiped. When the three Hebrew children refused to bow down and worship the image which Nebuchadnezzar had set up was it obeisance?
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 6:30am On Jun 12, 2013
frosbel:

So the Father asked exalted Jesus, good. smiley

But why did Jesus need to be exalted if he was already exalted in the past tense, I mean what was the purpose of exalting an exalted being, does this not sound rather like play acting ?
No it isn't play acting. Christ humbled Himself, gave up His God privileges and took the form of man. Then when He had finished His work on earth, God the Father exalted Him back to the position He had before He came to earth. Read Philippians 2:5-10

This is interesting: Now here's what I want to ask you: Where do you draw the line between worship and obeisance? What is the difference?
Once you tell me, we will check to see if Jesus was worshiped or paid obeisance to.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 7:50am On Jun 12, 2013
truthislight: ^^
@Anony

What a delusion !
Yes it is a person you receive when you receive the Holy Spirit. . . .in the same way you receive a person when you receive Christ.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mr anony:
Short story: You have no biblical evidence
If you want to put it that way. Doesn't mean it is a lie though.

Then you are not ready for serious discourse
Okay, let's say I agree with you and you are correct. How do you explain the glaring similarities between the commonly accepted Christian doctrine of trinity and the pagan conceptions that came before it?

Hmm, too bad. You can send me a private message via Nairaland though
Will do that bros.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
If you want to put it that way. Doesn't mean it is a lie though.
You'll have to show from scripture in order to make that claim.

Okay, let's say I agree with you and you are correct. How do you explain the glaring similarities between the commonly accepted Christian doctrine of trinity and the pagan conceptions that came before it?
I don't see how this relates to a biblical discussion about Trinity. You are always free to start another thread to discuss these "similarities"

Will do that bros.
ok cool
Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mr anony:
You'll have to show from scripture in order to make that claim.
I am the son of my father. Oh! Wait, I guess I'll have to validate this truth with the scriptures too.

I don't see how this relates to a biblical discussion about Trinity. You are always free to start another thread to discuss these "similarities"
There is no biblical discussion about trinity because the trinity isn't biblical, it is a pagan concept .

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
I am the son of my father. Oh! Wait, I guess I'll have to validate this truth with the scriptures too.
This example is unrelated to the discussion we are having.

There is no biblical discussion about trinity because the trinity isn't biblical, it is a pagan concept .
Lol, you haven't been paying attention to your bible then. I am also sure that if I asked you to provide an example of pagan trinity where they believe in one tripersonal God, you won't.

btw, I've sent you my number, give me a buzz sometime

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by truthislight: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mr anony:
Yes it is a person you receive when you receive the Holy Spirit. . . .in the same way you receive a person when you receive Christ.

you dont receive the holy spirit the way you receive christ.
This "person" is as a breeze and fire.

Receiving christ means receiving christ teachings and way of life.

But for this "person"(holyspirit) you receive one, Bidam receive one, Ihedinobi receives one, Goshen Receives one, Oladegbu receives one, Alexo takes "him" as a gift and the rest Trinitarian takes this person.

How many person are they ?

What a person !

Ok, you Anony shears this one person with Bidam, Ihedinobi shears some also with Oladegbu takes some of this person Goshen360 takes his part of this person, and Joagbaje receives some, Alexo takes some as a gift and all other Trinitarian collects this person, grin. And this person still, remains as a complete person and not many ?

Smh.

Religion can really make an otherwise intelligent person act and behaves stupidly
Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mr anony:
This example is unrelated to the discussion we are having.
You get my point.

Lol, you haven't been paying attention to your bible then. I am also sure that if I asked you to provide an example of pagan trinity where they believe in one tripersonal God, you won't.
The Egyptian pair of Osiris, Isis and Horus is just one out of many examples of pagan conceptions of trinity.

btw, I've sent you my number, give me a buzz sometime
Haven't seen it yet. {kindly resend it to chinedudaniel7@gmail.com}
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
You get my point.
I don't know what point you think I got.

The Egyptian pair of Osiris, Isis and Horus is just one out of many examples of pagan conceptions of trinity.
Lol, seriously? You are welcome to open a thread and then we can discuss your "egyptian trinity"

Haven't seen it yet. {kindly resend it to chinedudaniel7@gmail.com}
ok, will do.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
truthislight:

you dont receive the holy spirit the way you receive christ.
This "person" is as a breeze and fire.

Receiving christ means receiving christ teachings and way of life.

But for this "person"(holyspirit) you receive one, Bidam receive one, Ihedinobi receives one, Goshen Receives one, Oladegbu receives one, Alexo takes "him" as a gift and the rest Trinitarian takes this person.

How many person are they ?

What a person !

Ok, you Anony shears this one person with Bidam, Ihedinobi shears some also with Oladegbu takes some of this person Goshen360 takes his part of this person, and Joagbaje receives some, Alexo takes some as a gift and all other Trinitarian collects this person, grin. And this person still, remains as a complete person and not many ?

Smh.

Religion can really make an otherwise intelligent person act and behaves stupidly
I don't know what you are biting yourself for. The bible also says that Christ will dwell in every one of us who receives Him yet He is one Person.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
^^^^

Quit dribbling yourself and dump this pagan philosophy of yours.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

Quit dribbling yourself and dump this pagan philosophy of yours.
My dear frosbel, you are yet to answer my question:

This is interesting: Now here's what I want to ask you: Where do you draw the line between worship and obeisance? What is the difference?
Once you tell me, we will check to see if Jesus was worshiped or paid obeisance to.

It is still waiting there for you whenever you choose to answer it.
Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mr anony:
I don't know what point you think I got.
Some things don't need to be in the bible before they can be verified to be true.

Lol, seriously? You are welcome to open a thread and then we can discuss your "egyptian trinity"
Not gonna do that. The Christian concept of trinity
is confusing enough.
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
Some things don't need to be in the bible before they can be verified to be true.

Claims like "God is just a title" really need scriptural back up

Not gonna do that. The Christian concept of trinity
is confusing enough.
Lol, as I said, you are not ready for a serious discussion
Re: About The Trinity by Image123(m): 11:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mr anony:
My dear frosbel, you are yet to answer my question:

It is waiting here for you whenever you choose to answer it.
Unfortunately, frosb will ignore such questions that can help him until time 'covers' it, I wonder how his conscience copes.
Re: About The Trinity by inspiredbyGOD(m): 12:52am On Jun 13, 2013
Mr anony:
Claims like "God is just a title" really need scriptural back up
really? What does the word "god" mean?

Lol, as I said, you are not ready for a serious discussion
Am I not? But wait, is a belief in the trinity a prerequisite for salvation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Download Apostle Joshua Selman 2021 Messages [UPDATED] / Pastor And Pastor Mrs Billboard All Over. / I Really Need Help. I Am Looking For Psalm 23 But I Want It In Yourba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.