Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

About The Trinity - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Trinity (9830 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=Ihedinobi]

Lol. Of course, Jesus had "a God" just as the Father had "a God"

Father had a GOD ?

grin
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
hisblud:
aight. answer this question

1. who was that verse refering to in that context? Jesus, Angel or God?
2. must your reasoning and logic be the determinant of how a verse is interpreted/translated?
3. do you have all the deep mystery of divinity revealed to you?
4. do you accept the bible by faith or are you questioning what is written?
eh frosbel, thou non traditionalist, am waiting
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
hisblud: eh frosbel, thou non traditionalist, am waiting

what verse ?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel: Father had a GOD ?Father had a GOD ?

Come now, frosbel, that's really moronic. Who was speaking in Hebrews 1:8? What manner of speech is that called?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Come now, frosbel, that's really moronic. Who was speaking in Hebrews 1:8? What manner of speech is that called?

Yahweh speaks in Heb 1:8 about his SON and further confirms this relationship in Heb 1:9 by saying " God thy GOD ".

One might almost need a brain transplant to suggest , talk less of agree that Yahweh has a GOD.

Blasphemy.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

Yahweh speaks in Heb 1:8 about his SON and further confirms this relationship in Heb 1:9 by saying " God thy GOD ".

One might almost need a brain transplant to suggest , talk less of agree that Yahweh has a GOD.

Blasphemy.

Lol. My dear frosbel, the SON is YAHWEH. "Thy Throne, O God... etc" belongs in the language of worship, does it not, frosbel?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. My dear frosbel, the SON is YAHWEH. "Thy Throne, O God... etc" belongs in the language of worship, does it not, frosbel?

Surely not God's throne since only Yahweh sits on the throne in heaven with his Son Jesus at his right hand - ( Daniel 7:13)

This throne mentioned was in reference to the throne of David .

"I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, 'You shall never fail to have a successor to rule over Israel." - 2 Chronicles 7:18

OR

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David," - Luke 1:32

I am sure you will find a way to twist this plain scripture as you are apt to do.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol, let me show you something sweet.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him who cries in the wilderness, Prepare the way of Jehovah, make straight a highway in the desert for our God. (MKJV)

Matthew 3:3 For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make His paths straight." (MKJV)

Let me show you something even sweeter:

And I, says Jehovah, will be to her a wall of fire all around, and will be the glory in her midst.
Ho! Ho! Flee then from the land of the north, says Jehovah. For I have scattered you as the four winds of the heavens, says Jehovah.
Ho! O Zion, escape, you who live with the daughter of Babylon.
For so says Jehovah of Hosts: He has sent me after glory, to the nations who stripped you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye.
For behold, I will shake My hand over them, and they shall be a prize for their servants. And you shall know that Jehovah of Hosts has sent me.
Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion. For lo, I come, and I will dwell in your midst, says Jehovah.
And many nations shall be joined to Jehovah in that day, and shall be My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you shall know that Jehovah of Hosts has sent me to you.

And Jehovah shall possess Judah, His portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
Be silent, all flesh, before Jehovah; for He has risen out of His holy dwelling place.

Zecheriah 2:5-13 (Modern King James Version)

Keep reading it until you figure out which Jehovah is sending which Jehovah. . . .and they say there is no Trinity in the Old Testament.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

Surely not God's throne since only Yahweh sits on the throne in heaven with his Son Jesus at his right hand - ( Daniel 7:13)

This throne mentioned was in reference to the throne of David .

"I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, 'You shall never fail to have a successor to rule over Israel." - 2 Chronicles 7:18

OR

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David," - Luke 1:32

I am sure you will find a way to twist this plain scripture as you are apt to do.

smiley

Why should anyone bother with you, frosbel? Are you not an avowed enemy of the Christ of God? Have you not decided that I AM must be one like yourself?

Again, I tell you (not that you will hear, of course), Jesus Christ is YAHWEH. And it is a light thing for me to discuss thrones with you, but I will not. The question is simple, my friend, was the language there the language of worship or was it not? That is, was the Father worshipping the Son in that Scripture as God is and ought to be worshipped or was He not?
Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
Boomark:

Do i need to explain the English for you to understand. It says,
1 we have one God, the Father and all things came from Him.
2 we have one Lord, Jesus and all things exist through him

If you are still confused about the issue of one Lord, you will also be confused about the issue of Jesus having all authority and power. Which to you will mean that the Father no longer have authority or that He is under Jesus authority. Mind you, it did not say they shared the power and authority. Read 1Cor 15:27-28 to help you understand it well.

Jesus was made Lord by the Father after his resurrection so Deut 6:4 you quoted is out of context.
Interesting. Permit me to come back to this later with a detailed reply.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Why should anyone bother with you, frosbel? Are you not an avowed enemy of the Christ of God? Have you not decided that I AM must be one like yourself?

Again, I tell you (not that you will hear, of course), Jesus Christ is YAHWEH. And it is a light thing for me to discuss thrones with you, but I will not. The question is simple, my friend, was the language there the language of worship or was it not? That is, was the Father worshipping the Son in that Scripture as God is and ought to be worshipped or was He not?

To suggest that Jesus Christ is Yahweh makes you an Antichrist , for you deny that the son of GOD came in the flesh, rather you support a pagan concept of incarnation by GOD himself.

What utter rubbish and resounding nonsense.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, let me show you something sweet.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him who cries in the wilderness, Prepare the way of Jehovah, make straight a highway in the desert for our God. (MKJV)

Matthew 3:3 For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make His paths straight." (MKJV)

Let me show you something even sweeter:

And I, says Jehovah, will be to her a wall of fire all around, and will be the glory in her midst.
Ho! Ho! Flee then from the land of the north, says Jehovah. For I have scattered you as the four winds of the heavens, says Jehovah.
Ho! O Zion, escape, you who live with the daughter of Babylon.
For so says Jehovah of Hosts: He has sent me after glory, to the nations who stripped you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye.
For behold, I will shake My hand over them, and they shall be a prize for their servants. And you shall know that Jehovah of Hosts has sent me.
Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion. For lo, I come, and I will dwell in your midst, says Jehovah.
And many nations shall be joined to Jehovah in that day, and shall be My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you shall know that Jehovah of Hosts has sent me to you.

And Jehovah shall possess Judah, His portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
Be silent, all flesh, before Jehovah; for He has risen out of His holy dwelling place.

Zecheriah 2:5-13 (Modern King James Version)

Keep reading it until you figure out which Jehovah is sending which Jehovah. . . .and they say there is no Trinity in the Old Testament.

Lol. Twin bro, I just butted into the discussion for want of something to do and I don't have much time on the Internet where I am, that's why the guns are silent...in a manner of speaking. You could actually pour out all the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation that speak to Who Jesus is as God and you would find these fine men breaking them all. When it's not the translators' fault it's our fault for understanding the Scriptures wrong.

If only I could draw, I would show you a very graphic image of the anger and hatred in their hearts against the Christ of God. Paul did not mince words in saying that it is impossible to affirm the Deity of the Lord Jesus without the Holy Spirit causing it. John was not shy in saying that the spirit of antichrist rejects that Deity took on flesh. The contention is always one of two things: either make Christ the same as any human being and thus trap God in our infirmity or make Him God alone and never man and keep the gulf between the two unbridged. Either serves the adversary quite well, my brother.

But thank the Lord that Jesus is both God and Man and thus fully qualified to mediate between the two. He being God has come to us and being Man has returned home for us. We are at peace in Him. Outside of Him is no peace but confusion of tongues and dismay of face.

On this Rock that He is God made Man, He has built His Church and no frosbel can prevail against it.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Mranony: 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. Twin bro, I just butted into the discussion for want of something to do and I don't have much time on the Internet where I am, that's why the guns are silent...in a manner of speaking. You could actually pour out all the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation that speak to Who Jesus is as God and you would find these fine men breaking them all. When it's not the translators' fault it's our fault for understanding the Scriptures wrong.

If only I could draw, I would show you a very graphic image of the anger and hatred in their hearts against the Christ of God. Paul did not mince words in saying that it is impossible to affirm the Deity of the Lord Jesus without the Holy Spirit causing it. John was not shy in saying that the spirit of antichrist rejects that Deity took on flesh. The contention is always one of two things: either make Christ the same as any human being and thus trap God in our infirmity or make Him God alone and never man and keep the gulf between the two unbridged. Either serves the adversary quite well, my brother.

But thank the Lord that Jesus is both God and Man and thus fully qualified to mediate between the two. He being God has come to us and being Man has returned home for us. We are at peace in Him. Outside of Him is no peace but confusion of tongues and dismay of face.

On this Rock that He is God made Man, He has built His Church and no frosbel can prevail against it.
Lol, frosbel has already failed and he knows it. It saddens me how low he has fallen. When the devil blinds a man's heart, nothing you can do will make him see Christ unless the Holy Spirit breaks through to him.
The sad part is that these days, frosbel refuses to even consider the proposition. If you ask him any mildly peircing questions that should make him think, he'll simply ignore it and then open 5 or 6 new copy and paste threads to spout his false doctrine.

By the way is your youtube working? there's a video I want you to watch on this thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1327703/christianity-true-greatest-conspiracy-ever#16293978
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

To suggest that Jesus Christ is Yahweh makes you an Antichrist , for you deny that the son of GOD came in the flesh, rather you support a pagan concept of incarnation by GOD himself.

What utter rubbish and resounding nonsense.

smiley

I guess you can't answer the question then. You should note that then, my friend. It was no different with Boomark.

However, it is you who are antichrist here, my friend. My position must have Jesus born in the flesh or else it is meaningless for what is the meaning of God to lost man if He does not come to find us? However, in your position, Jesus could not have come in the flesh if He did not come from somewhere and the best you have offered is that Jesus came from the ranks of angels or archangels or something of the sort. However, what does any being other than God Almighty have to do with the Redemption of Man according to the Scriptures? Was the Promise given to us not that God Himself would come to save and redeem us to Himself?

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, frosbel has already failed and he knows it. It saddens me how low he has fallen. When the devil blinds a man's heart, nothing you can do will make him see Christ unless the Holy Spirit breaks through to him.
The sad part is that these days, frosbel refuses to even consider the proposition. If you ask him any mildly peircing questions that should make him think, he'll simply ignore it and then open 5 or 6 new copy and paste threads to spout his false doctrine.

By the way is your youtube working? there's a video I want you to watch on this thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1327703/christianity-true-greatest-conspiracy-ever#16293978

The day reveals the things done in the dark. Not every tongue that bears the call, Lord, Lord, belongs to Christ. In time, many among us whom we thought belonged with us reveal themselves to have been enemies who crept in while we were unaware. According to Daniel, it is from that sort that the saints will suffer the most in these days.

I wish I could see the video but I'm not sure that I can. I borrowed the laptop and connection I'm using. I haven't even finished those two you posted on my thread, just went half-way with one and didn't even start the second before I came on this trip. But I should soon return briefly, perhaps then I will.
Re: About The Trinity by Image123(m): 1:34am On Jun 18, 2013
Is that frosb in that pishure with jagajaga hair? No wonder, worldly jagajaga hair for that mtschew matter.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=Ihedinobi]

I guess you can't answer the question then. You should note that then, my friend. It was no different with Boomark.

However, it is you who are antichrist here, my friend. My position must have Jesus born in the flesh or else it is meaningless for what is the meaning of God to lost man if He does not come to find us?

Your theology is all warped up with the philosophy of Greeks.

God sent his SON to die for mankind , period. Why is this so complex to grasp ? Maybe you should come down from your high horse of theological jargon and learn like a babe at the feet of Jesus.

John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God did not send GOD, He sent his SON who is the Messiah or Christ come in the flesh , anyone who says the Messiah has not come as a 100% full human being is propagating falsehoods from Antichrist spirits.

Btw, Christ means anointed one depicting quite clearly to a logical mind that he was anointed by someone superior, in this case we know it was his Father Almighty Yahweh.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by DeepSight(m): 10:10am On Jun 18, 2013
Mr anony:
wetin dey bite you?

Some unbearable statements!

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by truthislight: 10:16am On Jun 18, 2013
ijawkid: @shedime

The king that has been appointed to reign recognizes someone as his superior who gave him rulership and kingdoms.......

It is obvious that the giver is not under the authority of the givee,while the givee remains under the authority of the giver....

No twisting can get you out of this....

Romans 8:17

New International Version
(©2011)
Now if we are children, then we
are heirs--heirs of God and co-
heirs
with Christ,
if indeed we
share in his sufferings in order
that we may also share in his glory.

I guess God would have to die well well since we are co-heirs with Christ.....

To call you mumu dey hungry me.......

No, it is christ that will have to die for us to becomes 'heir' with christ also. wink

That is how much trinity can erode ones brain for him to say God have to die for "christ to become heir" of God's kingdom.

Sm

2 Likes

Re: About The Trinity by truthislight: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2013
Ihedinobi: @op

I may seem too hard and dogmatic about it, but there is a real reason that we are told to treat some people as heretics and have nothing more to do with them after having exhorted them concerning the Truth and this is no light matter.
I reject any claim to brotherhood with me when the claimant rejects the very reason of that brotherhood. I reject every claim upon Christ when the claimant rejects the Identity of that Christ.

^
Infant !

Who are you ?

Nonsense!

On internet forum ?

Smh.

1 Like

Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

what verse ?
heb 1. 8 of course and dont forget this
hisblud:
aight. answer this question
1. who was that verse refering to in that context? Jesus, Angel or God?
2. must your reasoning and logicbe the determinant of how a verse is interpreted/translated?
3. do you have all the deep mystery of divinity revealed to you?
4. do you accept the bible by faith or are you questioning what is written?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
frosbel: Your theology is all warped up with the philosophy of Greeks.

Aren't you tired of non-answers and excuses, frosbel?

God sent his SON to die for mankind , period. Why is this so complex to grasp ? Maybe you should come down from your high horse of theological jargon and learn like a babe at the feet of Jesus.

It's not complex at all. And I do grasp it. And it is known in our House that my favorite place is at the feet of Jesus.

*John 3:16*
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Amen.

God did not send GOD, He sent his SON who is the Messiah or Christ come in the flesh , anyone who says the Messiah has not come as a 100% full human being is propagating falsehoods from Antichrist spirits.

God did send God. You should address yourself to the Scriptures Anony posted for me. And, of course, we agree that it is Antichrist who rejects that I AM did not come as a 100% full human being.

Btw, Christ means anointed one depicting quite clearly to a logical mind that he was anointed by someone superior, in this case we know it was his Father Almighty Yahweh.

But, of course, as a 100% full human being, the Word was subject to the Father and needed to be anointed by Him. He did say that a body had been prepared for Him, didn't He, so that He could come to do His Father's Will?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
truthislight:
^
Infant !

Who are you ?

Nonsense!

On internet forum ?

Smh.

Hiii! smiley

Ok. Now you've been noticed so you can go outside and play or do whatever it is you do.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
Frosbel...heb1.8 is the verse
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 20, 2013
hisblud: Frosbel...heb1.8 is the verse

You mean Heb 1:9

grin
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

God did send God. You should address yourself to the Scriptures Anony posted for me. And, of course, we agree that it is Antichrist who rejects that I AM did not come as a 100% full human being.

God sent God ? Okay I see where you are coming from , though the theology is from a different planet altogether.

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
frosbel:

God sent God ? Okay I see where you are coming from , though the theology is from a different planet altogether.

smiley

Ah good! Finally you see my point - we are not of the same parentage, are we? smiley
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ah good! Finally you see my point - we are not of the same parentage, are we? smiley

I like to think Paul was on point when he said :

For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' - Acts 17:28

except of course you were derived from a separate source.

wink
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
frosbel:

I like to think Paul was on point when he said :

For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' - Acts 17:28

except of course you were derived from a separate source.

wink

Oh, he waa right. We all, including Satan and his minions are his offspring since we are all His creation. But only believers in Jesus Christ, God the Word and Son of Man are His children in the exclusive manner that Jesus as a Man is.
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Oh, he waa right. We all, including Satan and his minions are his offspring since we are all His creation. But only believers in Jesus Christ, God the Word and Son of Man are His children in the exclusive manner that Jesus as a Man is.

Absolutely, so where is your source .

smiley
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
frosbel:

Absolutely, so where is your source .

smiley

You don't have SRCS (Selective Reading Comprehension Syndrome) or SReS (Selective Recall Syndrome), do you?
Re: About The Trinity by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You don't have SRCS (Selective Reading Comprehension Syndrome) or SReS (Selective Recall Syndrome), do you?

Not really, is this something you have recently recovered from. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Really Need Help. I Am Looking For Psalm 23 But I Want It In Yourba / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? / Jessijosh nigeria (jessica And Joshua) Youngest And Latest Couple In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.