Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers (17668 Views)

21 Aspirants Jostle For Kogi Governorship APC Ticket [see Full List Inside] / Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper / Dangote, Elumelu Jostle For 10 NIPP Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Sijo01(f): 9:52am On Jun 06, 2013
PEREP:

Not in all cases. There are people who simply advertise shoes on BB only to go pick it from an aunt or a shop owner when a friend is interested. I also know of people who simply wake up, look around for addresses of houses that are vacant around lagos and propagate it via the social media and get percentage accordingly. This is not to talk of people who copy phone numbers on cars parked for sale and get a buyer while the seller simply pay a percentage. Some pple even start with counseling school pupils after a detailed research on choosing a career via the Internet and get the parents of those kids to pay as low as N500 to attend.

So many things around to do but most pple are waiting for one capital which is no where. Add value to existing structures and see if you will not make it VERY big.

All the best.

Money's still needed to go around to look for vacant rooms, money's needed to advertise on BB (you go subscribe na), money's needed to make calls........ True or false, fellow?

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Rhino5dm: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2013
Sijo01:

Money's still needed to go around to look for vacant rooms, money's needed to advertise on BB (you go subscribe na), money's needed to make calls........ True or false, fellow?

Hey, stop this nonsense!!.

How can a PhD holder be jobless? There are hundred and one business to do with zero capital.

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by rozayx5(m): 9:55am On Jun 06, 2013
PEREP:

Not in all cases. There are people who simply advertise shoes on BB only to go pick it from an aunt or a shop owner when a friend is interested. I also know of people who simply wake up, look around for addresses of houses that are vacant around lagos and propagate it via the social media and get percentage accordingly. This is not to talk of people who copy phone numbers on cars parked for sale and get a buyer while the seller simply pay a percentage. Some pple even start with counseling school pupils after a detailed research on choosing a career via the Internet and get the parents of those kids to pay as low as N500 to attend.

So many things around to do but most pple are waiting for one capital which is no where. Add value to existing structures and see if you will not make it VERY big.

All the best.

now this is what i call creativity , we need more people like this

if they are looking for capital, then they should board the next bus to Abuja,
let them keep waiting grey hair does not take time to come undecided
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Gbawe: 9:56am On Jun 06, 2013
eGuerrilla:

In a nation of 56 million illiterates and probably just as many innumerates, is it any wonder that we maintain a laissez faire attitude towards recurrent expenditure?

Indeed. Solutions are obvious yet no one is willing to initiate the repetitively enunciated changes that must, first and foremost, come from the centre. conclusion? the centre is comfortable with the status quo and even supportive of it.

For Nigeria to drastically reduce unemployment, far more direct and sincere FG intervention is needed to strengthen the growth of the SME sector. The FG is free to contribute directly with its own employment schemes but the best approach to solving the perennial unemployment problem is total FG commitment towards making the SME what it can optimally be.

Strengthening the SME sector is an obsession with politicians worldwide and easy to understand why the opposite is true for Nigerian politicians if one accepts that many of them use politics to ensure the survival of a system that retains them as wealthy overlords while the majority remain 'peasant-like'.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by StOla: 9:58am On Jun 06, 2013
superior1: I dont know where those PhD holders came from, but is it possible to have PhD UI, OAU, ABU, UNILAG, UNIORIN, UNN etc and be looking for 25k job, are they sure those certificates are genuine, something is seriously wrong somewhere cry cry

Yes it's possible, especially if enrolling for the Phd program from the standpoint of unemployment. How many organisations in Nigeria require the services of Phd holders outside of the academia? The lack of parity between the number of Phd graduates and the demand of such in industry in Nigeria, results to such reality.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Chubhie: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2013
Blame the system not job seekers. They the job seekers have been told a lie that the "asambodo" is all they ever need to be successful in life. To stay alive on this earth costs money and as the day goes by it becomes more and more expensive to stay alive. What ever your hands find doing to stay alive do provided tis legit.

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Sijo01(f): 10:02am On Jun 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Hey, stop this nonsense!!.

How can a PhD holder be jobless? There are hundred and one business to do with zero capital.

Why not give examples instead of just ranting.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by bheemz(f): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2013
#singingOristefemi#anu Oluwa sokale o lawa omore n'bereeeee Mercies of thy Lord come unto ur children
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by kolamilan(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2013
It is no longer a news that Nigeria lack equal job opportunities to absorb its teeming population of young graduates, after someone spent about 22-25 years in schools and
institutions, then getting out not finding any job for them, it is really really sad. GEJ should not be allowed to rule Nigeria it will be another wasted 4 years.

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by slap1(m): 10:10am On Jun 06, 2013
PEREP:

All the best.
You made sense. There is also the issue of humility.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2013
[b]General Manager of the Lagos Resident Registration Agency (LASRRA), Mrs Yinka Fashola, has decried the growing rate of unemployment across the country, saying 85 per cent of applicants for the resident registration exercise are PhD and MSc holders.

She said the PhD and MSc holders applied for jobs which were meant for secondary school leavers and a few National Diploma (ND) holders because of unemployment in the country.

Fashola, who until her appointment as the LASRRA boss served in the Office for National Statistics in United Kingdom, said the agency would have loved to increase the salaries of the applicants who obviously should have earned more because of their qualifications, but the agency was hampered by inadequate fund.

Speaking on the preparation to register Lagos residents, she said: “Yes, some of the applicants are holders of PhD and Msc as well as other qualifications. Where am I going to put them? But we have taken some of them as station manager; I can only choose 57 of them to work in the 57 Local Government and Local Council Development Area (LCDA). So, what would I do with the rest of them?

“Most of them are on contract for one year. I wish I could keep them, but we can’t. We are paying them N25, 000 per month. I wish it is more, but we did not expect that graduates and post graduates would be applying for the jobs.”

She, however, encouraged residents to avail themselves of the online registration in order to make the exercise easier.

According to her, the rationale behind the exercise is to enable the government allocate resources efficiently.

Fashola said: “The exercise will enable the government know what are the electricity needs, what are the water needs, which area need more schools and which environment requires more hospitals and other basic amenities. The only way the government can know this is through registration of residents."

Asked if the 1,500 registration agents would be enough to register estimated 21.5 million residents, the LASRRA boss said the exercise was continuous exercise, saying all measures to ensure successful had been put in place.[/b]

This Fashola is a big liar! We are not going to register for this shiiit of yours.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Policewoman(f): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2013
Anybody doing a Phd in Naija with the ai of getting a job is foolish. It will serve the person better to stay on in d university and lecture, cos that pays more, unless of course the person didn't merit the masters or Phd. Again, we have openings in the police force for them since they don't know what to do with their phd and masters again.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by nzeasa: 10:12am On Jun 06, 2013
Sijo01:

ok, let me babysit you.

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 06, 2013
"General Manager of the Lagos Resident RegistrationAgency (LASRRA), Mrs Yinka Fashola, has decried the growing rate of unemployment across the country.."

Was Fashola elected to lament and decry high unemployment rate? How many jobs does the Lagos state govt create per year with its N30billion monthly revenue?

Those who are quick to point accusing fingers at the FG conveniently forget that the national purse is shared 50-50 between the FG on one hand and the state-local govt joint account. We need answers as to how each party is deploying its SHARE of the national cake to job creation.

3 Likes

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by born2fuckpussy: 10:17am On Jun 06, 2013
With all these hearing of un unemployment on increase, you expect people to sit down at home with hunger and "BINUKU" no wonder fraudster,kidnappers,arm robbers and ritualist will be on increase. An hungry man who could not afford to handle relationship or afford to patronise unfriendly pay for cash ashawo. He will kidnap innocenty to rape.government should prepare because criminals are more than the anti-crime agency
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:18am On Jun 06, 2013
solidbroda: MSc I may believe. But PhD, I don't. Maybe these Ph.D holders are not intellectuals. That is just the way I see it. PhD holders are Hot cakes all over the world. Except maybe they have Ph.D in kitchen accessories. Media will always over hype things nonsense.

You better beleive it my dear, when I advertised for "Sales Girl" in a clothes shop, I got applications from all of the above. Some were begging me for the job, that they are tired of staying at home, just somewhere to go to everyday, a lady who is an accountant even knelt down crying! I have seen them all.

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Sijo01(f): 10:19am On Jun 06, 2013
nzeasa:

ok, let me babysit you.

Lol, funny you.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Rhino5dm: 10:22am On Jun 06, 2013
Sijo01:

Get your assss off nairaland and go get busy. If you can pay to obtain your PhD, you should be able to activate your BIS.

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by davesndy: 10:24am On Jun 06, 2013
I will blame the govt if ppl are not educated
I will blame d govt if graduates dnt get jobs
But for God's sake a PhD holder?
Either dey are lying to make d govt look bad or d PhD holders are rili stupid ppl!
Even in my masters, I was tot to tink ooutside d normal and make money off my ideas. I dnt kno wia dis ppl got dia phd from sha.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by goshen26: 10:27am On Jun 06, 2013
God have mercy
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by hama20: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2013
It goes to show where we r heading as a nation.why wiil crime rate not increase? All our leaders do after elections is to start looting to finance the next election.Honestly, if things are no checked now i see serious disaster in few yeras from now boko haram might just be a minor security challenge by then
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by MarcoP: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2013
yimikaa: MSc and Phd earning 25000k.This is not funny anymore...God help our leaders do the right thing..

Publish the names of the PhD and MSc holders that applied for the job.
Its all ACN propaganda.

We know there are no jobs in Nigeria, but not for a PhD to apply for your clerical job when there are many private schools that will gladly employ them for much more just to shore up the profile of such schools.

Anyway, how can there be jobs for people when all the jobs created through the questionable public-private partnership ventures in Lagos are meant only for members of Tinubu family and their close associates.

Go to Lekki Concession Company, Alpha Beta Consulting, LAGBUS, Office of Public-Private bla bla bla, Oriental Hotel, Southern Sun Hotel, and many others.

Soon they will say its GEJ that's responsible for Tinubu's drug problem. May God deliver our leaders.

5 Likes

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2013
yimikaa: MSc and Phd earning 25000k.This is not funny anymore...God help our leaders do the right thing..
No o! Come 2015 we must vote for Jonathan. As common sense has continued to be too high for us, so good things will continue to elude us. We see a government that has failed, instead of throwing it out, sentiments are whipped up to cause serious distraction and we always fall for it.

Nigeria is at a stage where everything pdp should be thrown out and changed to apc. We can't all love apc, we have the right to not be sentimental but tactical but the sad truth is apc is our only alternative. What more can be done?
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Sijo01(f): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Get your assss off nairaland and go get busy. If you can pay to obtain your PhD, you should be able to activate your BIS.

O'boy, see vexination! You need a chilling/anger pills, fellow. Get it before its too late.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2013
slap1: All these people screaming self-employment seem to forget that you have to start with something. Everyone is not equally blessed. You need money to start anything, no matter how little. Our youths are hardworking, but the government is not supportive.

Follow my page and you will find out how you can become self employed with zero or very little,and I mean it.
Do some research, Read everything available and try and be less skeptical about scams! Remember, Google is your best friend!
I have an article I posted just yesterday on the topic of nairalanders and jobs!
I invite you to read and follow me as I give more tips on how to achieve some level of self improvement.
Hope to see you there.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Myself2(m): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2013
All those Phd holders applying for school cert jobs should be flogged.
What arrant nonsense,so how did they become PhD holders,so all those thesis they wrote was just wash wash,they cant even profer concrete solutions to their own problems.

Damn,I hate lazy a ss folks,if they wont give you a job,then by all means create one,after all those jobs you're applying for were created by people like you
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Kx: 10:44am On Jun 06, 2013
First Degree and a professional qualification should do.

Until d B.sc and or a combination of d B.sc and the professional qualification is able to equip u with a job that takes care of u, dont go ahead to pay ur way thru additional qualifications.

2 Likes

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:46am On Jun 06, 2013
Sijo01:

If you want examples, come to my page, I have tips on self employment , self employment and many more. I'll be expecting you!
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by abbeybanks(m): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2013
My doubts if they are actually qualified Master n Doctorate Degree holders, because with the gospel of self reliance for a decade now they suppose to be drivers of the economy by now. G8 9ja My Country
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by back2sender: 10:54am On Jun 06, 2013
They are not after the salary,its the egunje in civil service they are interested in.They know they will make more than the saalary. dont you people see how civil servants behave in thier jobs?

An MSC or PHD that knows his or her worth can arrange private tutor classes and make more than that amount in question.

We need to stop this eat my own share of the national cake mentality in this country.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by iHustle(m): 10:59am On Jun 06, 2013
1) did they see the certificates of the so-called MSc and PhD holders?

2) An MSc or PhD holder shouldn't apply for a menial job with his/her higher degree. I think it's a foolish thing to do.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Sibrah: 11:02am On Jun 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "General Manager of the Lagos Resident RegistrationAgency (LASRRA), Mrs Yinka Fashola, has decried the growing rate of unemployment across the country.."

Was Fashola elected to lament and decry high unemployment rate? How many jobs does the Lagos state govt create per year with its N30billion monthly revenue?

Those who are quick to point accusing fingers at the FG conveniently forget that the national purse is shared 50-50 between the FG on one hand and the state-local govt joint account. We need answers as to how each party is deploying its SHARE of the national cake to job creation.
So so predictable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbanjo And Okowa Visit Focados Oil Terminal / Demolition Of Borno PDP Secretariat In Maiduguri By APC (Pictures) / Groups Buy PDP Presidential Form For Peter Obi, Pledge 10 Million Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.