Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers (17671 Views)

21 Aspirants Jostle For Kogi Governorship APC Ticket [see Full List Inside] / Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper / Dangote, Elumelu Jostle For 10 NIPP Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by aribitoye(m): 11:02am On Jun 06, 2013
please apply to one of these new federal universities,PhD, Msc holders are wanted..

3 Likes

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by kolamilan(m): 11:09am On Jun 06, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

You better beleive it my dear, when I advertised for "Sales Girl" in a clothes shop, I got applications from all of the above. Some were begging me for the job, that they are tired of staying at home, just somewhere to go to everyday, a lady who is an accountant even knelt down crying! I have seen them all.
that's life for you my brother apart from that, there are alot of respect for people working.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by iHustle(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

You better beleive it my dear, when I advertised for "Sales Girl" in a clothes shop, I got applications from all of the above. Some were begging me for the job, that they are tired of staying at home, just somewhere to go to everyday, a lady who is an accountant even knelt down crying! I have seen them all.

Did you see their certificates? People lie on their CVs.

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2013
Where is the guy that want to quit medical doctor for petroleum engineering, when he graduated he will justling for 20k job and he will know that life no easy. If you need employment study med&sur.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by gbagyiza: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2013
Idi Amin: Chei, see wetin dey hapen 4 my fatherland undecided
i like ur comment,wel said.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by kingblosky: 11:22am On Jun 06, 2013
Ph.D. Marketing ? , Psychology ?. Banking and Finance ?. Ph.D. Mass Comm. ?. What do U expect ? U cant plant yam and expect cassava.

2 Likes

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by superior1: 11:40am On Jun 06, 2013
St.Ola:

Yes it's possible, especially if enrolling for the Phd program from the standpoint of unemployment. How many organisations in Nigeria require the services of Phd holders outside of the academia? The lack of parity between the number of Phd graduates and the demand of such in industry in Nigeria, results to such reality.

And do you know there is acute shortage of PhD holders in the academia, some Uni have aspiring PhD holders as HOD, how many Poly and COED has a single PhD holder in her fold . We are talking of PhD here, the pinnacle of academic qualification shocked. No, I doubt seriously the statement credited to that woman and the so-called PhD holders should be thoroughly investigated, maybe they got theirs from those illegal Universities.

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 06, 2013
Sijo01:

O'boy, see vexination! You need a chilling/anger pills, fellow. Get it before its too late.
You might actually wanna heed the sensible advice of getting busy. It pays.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by AbuMikey(m): 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
What?
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by abouzaid: 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
superior1:

And do you know there is acute shortage of PhD holders in the academia, some Uni have aspiring PhD holders as HOD, how many Poly and COED has a single PhD holder in her fold . We are talking of PhD here, the pinnacle of academic qualification shocked. No, I doubt seriously the statement credited to that woman and the so-called PhD holders should be thoroughly investigated, maybe they got theirs from those illegal Universities.
how many uni are recruiting? Getting the cert is one thing but getting recruited is another thing. In my alma mater (UNN) the department usually recruits not more than 2 or 3 grad assistants a year with only a bachelors. These are usually first class degree holders or similar. They are then groomed and get their masters/phd either within nigeria but commonly outside nigeria. The fellows that register for masters and phd due to unemployment remain mostly unemployed even after acquiring the certificates. Even in the usa, phds are suffering from unemployment.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by abouzaid: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
Double post
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by mindtricks: 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
emmysenior: Self employment! Self employment!! Self employment!!! Plus skill acquisition na em be the koko now ooo...

Do not wait on the government to provide you with jobs ooo...

Almost all the of our politicians don't care about us ooo...

All their energies are channelled towards the jaga jaga of 2015 ooo...

Dem dey look for money to steal and stock pile in readiness for 2015 ooo...

They are all thieves and rogues ooo...

Start today, input innovative ideas, refuse to give up even if that your babe wey love run go, when you hammer, dem go dey worship you.

Once again self employment ooo...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all the Batch B corp member on their POP today.

I LOVE YOU!
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by mkoabiola: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ds na ppu dat forged certificates.
No matter how hungry an elephant may b in d jungle,he can not eat a grass.
Until I see deir foged phd n m.sc certificates.
Even a pry schu holder can lie on d CV.

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by chreldb(m): 12:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
abouzaid: how many uni are recruiting? Getting the cert is one thing but getting recruited is another thing. In my alma mater (UNN) the department usually recruits not more than 2 or 3 grad assistants a year with only a bachelors. These are usually first class degree holders or similar. They are then groomed and get their masters/phd either within nigeria but commonly outside nigeria. The fellows that register for masters and phd due to unemployment remain mostly unemployed even after acquiring the certificates. Even in the usa, phds are suffering from unemployment.
[b][quote author=abouzaid]

I hate to agree with you but unfortunately you are on point.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by ChiefS(m): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
IT IS NOT TRUE.This is probably an exaggeration.The truth is that there is a dearth of PhD holders.Anybody with a PhD and knows what he is doing will definitely get a job in the academia or research institutes.
There are so many new federal and state universities in need of PhD holders.What about Private universities?Except the person is not ready to leave Lagos to other parts of the country.

2 Likes

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by 175(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2013
Gbawe: I think we read similar to this not too long ago when PHD holders were amongst those applying for driving vacancies in one of Aliko Dangote's companies.

Employment cannot be boosted appreciable if the centre remains unwilling to make efforts against current practices sabotaging the growth of the SME sector (the main employer of labour worldwide) and stifling economic prosperity of the nation.

How, as one example, can the SME sector grow when 70% of annual budgeted spending is used to recurrently fund governance and politics? Generally, far more help, as a matter of utmost urgency, should be available for the SME sector for a nation like Nigeria with a chronic and serious unemployment problem. This is not the case because spending the wealth of Nigeria profligately on politics, politicians and patronising offices/activities affiliated with governance is the self-destructive obsession of a myopic class of leaders Nigeria has had at the centre since 1999.

Gbawe u too dey blow grammar sef! Na wetin sef? Make I no vex for u one day ooo! Take time grin
Gbawe: I think we read similar to this not too long ago when PHD holders were amongst those applying for driving vacancies in one of Aliko Dangote's companies.

Employment cannot be boosted appreciable if the centre remains unwilling to make efforts against current practices sabotaging the growth of the SME sector (the main employer of labour worldwide) and stifling economic prosperity of the nation.

How, as one example, can the SME sector grow when 70% of annual budgeted spending is used to recurrently fund governance and politics? Generally, far more help, as a matter of utmost urgency, should be available for the SME sector for a nation like Nigeria with a chronic and serious unemployment problem. This is not the case because spending the wealth of Nigeria profligately on politics, politicians and patronising offices/activities affiliated with governance is the self-destructive obsession of a myopic class of leaders Nigeria has had at the centre since 1999.

Gbawe u too dey blow grammar sef! Na wetin sef? Make I no vex for u one day ooo! Take time
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
Wow!
This is highly worrisome and annoying. In a country like ours, the unemployment rate is pretty crazy.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by folahann(m): 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Those Ph.D. holders need serious deliverance. That's even if it's true they applied
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by prestige2013: 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
This Nigeria self, i tire but all hope is not lost. Get your hands dirty and your heart clean is the only solution i see for the unemployed. Even if you are doing same thing with an illiterate your education will give you a edge over others.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
abouzaid: how many uni are recruiting? Getting the cert is one thing but getting recruited is another thing. In my alma mater (UNN) the department usually recruits not more than 2 or 3 grad assistants a year with only a bachelors. These are usually first class degree holders or similar. They are then groomed and get their masters/phd either within nigeria but commonly outside nigeria. The fellows that register for masters and phd due to unemployment remain mostly unemployed even after acquiring the certificates. Even in the usa, phds are suffering from unemployment.

lie!!!...not PhD holders in STEM fields
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by brightedge(m): 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
I don't think this information is true. How can 85% of the applicants have PhD and/or MSc? Does she mean 85% of the successful applicants? Her statement is as good as saying 85% of Nigerian graduates have Phd/Msc. I would like to believe that there are less PhD/Msc graduates in Nigeria than any other qualification set, therefore I would have expected more BSc/HND/OND/SSCE holders to apply.

Moreover, PhD graduates do not have to stoop so low. There are over 100 public universities in Nigeria to apply to. I don't even know the number of private universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, Secondary Schools, etc in the country. Its more honorable for a PhD holder to apply to an educational establishment (even secondary schools), where they can teach, research, and continue to learn. People do not do PhD out of desperation (ideally). It is usually driven by wanting to learn more, and expand/contribute to knowledge. So it is absolutely bizarre to hear of PhD graduates applying to register people. How could they be idle?

1 Like

Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by mercurie(f): 2:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
ndudichukwumah: Dis is a disgrace to a country where phd and msc haunting for a job of 25k.if dis msc and phd holders can take dis offer then thier result should be question because no matter d rate of unemployment dey can do something better to earn more than dat amount dat will be paid by govt.

Dey can do sumtin like wat? Which kind of business
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by jay6records: 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
cheesy
nd sadudichukwumah:
Dis is a disgrace to a country where phd and msc haunting for a job of 25k.if dis msc and phd holders can take dis offer then thier result should be question because no matter d rate of unemployment dey can do something better to earn more than dat amount dat will be paid by govt.
Oga ade like what oo
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Gbawe: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2013
175:

Gbawe u too dey blow grammar sef! Na wetin sef? Make I no vex for u one day ooo! Take time grin

Gbawe u too dey blow grammar sef! Na wetin sef? Make I no vex for u one day ooo! Take time

Oga mi no vex. how we for do am?
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
superior1: I dont know where those PhD holders came from, but is it possible to have PhD UI, OAU, ABU, UNILAG, UNIORIN, UNN etc and be looking for 25k job, are they sure those certificates are genuine, something is seriously wrong somewhere cry cry
I have met a Nigerian PhD holder in chemistry from the university of manchester working at "I'm loving it".
His case would have been different if he was a national of the EU.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by chuksme(m): 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
rozayx5: I just pity people who see a degree as the answer to poverty, headlines like this shud give them a second thought cry cry

without a skill or talent, you might end up worse than a Secondary school leaver undecided

Real speech. that is what they don't know.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by tpia5: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
phd has turned to yeye now, the holders just dey rubbish the thing anyhow, just like that fake medical student was trying to do with the medical field.

anyway, thats why the saying goes awon enyan lasan ti ba enyan rere je.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by brightedge(m): 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
saxywale:
I have met a Nigerian PhD holder in chemistry from the university of manchester working at "I'm loving it".

Are you kidding me? University of Manchester PhD holder working at McDonalds? I hope you don't mean he's a sales person there.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
saxywale:
Are you kidding me Pls tell him to come BACK HOME. There are many institutions that could use the knowledge he has acquired over there. The Land is Green here.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Gbawe: 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2013
bright_edge: I don't think this information is true. How can 85% of the applicants have PhD and/or MSc? Does she mean 85% of the successful applicants? Her statement is as good as saying 85% of Nigerian graduates have Phd/Msc. I would like to believe that there are less PhD/Msc graduates in Nigeria than any other qualification set, therefore I would have expected more BSc/HND/OND/SSCE holders to apply.

Moreover, PhD graduates do not have to stoop so low. There are over 100 public universities in Nigeria to apply to. I don't even know the number of private universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, Secondary Schools, etc in the country. Its more honorable for a PhD holder to apply to an educational establishment (even secondary schools), where they can teach, research, and continue to learn. People do not do PhD out of desperation (ideally). It is usually driven by wanting to learn more, and expand/contribute to knowledge. So it is absolutely bizarre to hear of PhD graduates applying to register people. How could they be idle?

Likely not correct but the main point remains about the dearth of jobs now forcing those who have attained the pinnacle of education to seek employment that should, with all due respect, be beneath them.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
chai!!! Like seriously am really scared with all this unemployment and bad news flying around. I really want to get married to my girlfriend but If I have no money or still hustling, I can't go on wid d plans cos i wouldn't want to make a mockery of myself by subjecting her to pains of not having wat ever she wants and I may die if I loose this girl cos as time goes on, she'll like to get married and if I don't show seriousness, i wouldn't blame her for leaving me but it'l really kill me.
Re: PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers by tpia5: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: Are you kidding me Pls tell him to come BACK HOME. There are many institutions that could use the knowledge he has acquired over there. The Land is Green here.

come back home is a foreign phrase, nigerians dont like that kind of foreign talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Senator's Mansion (pics) Senator Gil Nnaji / N23.29b Poll Bribe: Buhari To Determine Fate Of Recs / Showdown Imminent As Senate Resumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.