Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Rock Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rock Love (1632 Views)

Guys Would You Rock This Under Wear ? (photo) / Guys Can You Allow Your Wife To Rock This On Your Wedding Day? (Photo) / Sex Scandals Rock Nigeria Lng Bonny Ras (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rock Love by OsunAmazon: 6:18am On May 03, 2008
A friend of mine was whining because her fiancee gave her a $1000 diamond engagement ring. Bobo is hard working, knows his onions, handsome, tall and very religious but above all that she wanted more. She argued that if she meant so much to him, economic recession or not, he would've gone out of his way to get her some ring from $5k and above. My question will be:

Chics:
Will you be annoyed if your man buys a cheap engagement ring for you? Do you think that the quality and size of the rock in the ring is a measure of his love and how important you are to him?

Guys:
Do you attach so much importance to the diamond engagement ring? If you can cormfortably afford a $100,000 diamond ring, will you buy it for her or do you prefer to use the money for something else?

2) If there is a break up from either party, will you ask for your expensive engagement ring back?
Re: Rock Love by chika98: 6:24am On May 03, 2008
Where is your friend let me slap her silly! Is she kidding me? Am sure she's one of those females that want a man to spend what he doesn't have to please her. She's selfish and needs to snap out of it! Where's the love and understanding? A 5k ring is more impt to her than a healthy relationship? What a bunch of crap!
Re: Rock Love by TheSly: 6:29am On May 03, 2008
OsunAmazon here we go again! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Rock Love by tRoOE(f): 6:30am On May 03, 2008
chika98:

Where is your friend let me slap her silly! Is she kidding me? Am sure she's one of those females that want a man to spend what he doesn't have to please her. She's selfish and needs to snap out of it! Where's the love and understanding? A 5k ring is more impt to her than a healthy relationship? What a bunch of crap!
You said it all
It obvious the girl is materialist
Ladies like her are the ones that give women bad names!!!!Shio
She's probably expecting her man to spend $40,000 for the wedding
She sounds like a selfish brat
Re: Rock Love by OsunAmazon: 6:40am On May 03, 2008
@chika and Trooe,
Assuming a man can afford that ring cormfortably, will both of you still complain if he buys a cheap one?
Re: Rock Love by chika98: 6:49am On May 03, 2008
No! 1grand engagement ring is good enough. They can invest the money on other important things like the wedding, a house, their future children college funds etc. Again i need to slap her silly grin
Re: Rock Love by tRoOE(f): 6:57am On May 03, 2008
Well it does matter, we can replace the ring later or the money for something useful
Re: Rock Love by OsunAmazon: 7:00am On May 03, 2008
No! 1grand engagement ring is good enough. They can invest the money on other important things like the wedding, a house, their future children college funds etc. Again i need to slap her silly

Human beings can be insatiable. She's milking the guy dry because she knows he loves her so much but how long will it last?
Re: Rock Love by Akinagirl(f): 7:01am On May 03, 2008
Well said trooe and chika, that girl is so unapreciative, i hate people like that.
Re: Rock Love by Akinagirl(f): 7:02am On May 03, 2008
Wont last long, he will eventually get tired of her.
Re: Rock Love by chika98: 7:03am On May 03, 2008
OsunAmazon:

Human beings can be insatiable. She's milking the guy dry because she knows he loves her so much but how long will it last?

lets see how long the guy is gonna keep doing this until he shines his eyes. Materialistic ppl disgust me!
Re: Rock Love by OsunAmazon: 7:14am On May 03, 2008
Wont last long, he will eventually get tired of her.
According to her, her pastor prayed for her over him and he aint going nowhere. Naija pastors can also lie to get your dollars.
Re: Rock Love by tRoOE(f): 7:20am On May 03, 2008
@Akin
Yes oh very unappreciative, if the ring is too cheap why don't she add her own money to get a better one, she's just inconsiderate and immature
Re: Rock Love by OsunAmazon: 7:26am On May 03, 2008
@Akin
Yes oh very unappreciative, if the ring is too cheap why add her own money to getting a better, she's judon't she st inconsiderate and immature
I don't even know whether my dad gave my mum an engagement ring how much less a diamond one. Probably NOT.
Re: Rock Love by tRoOE(f): 7:34am On May 03, 2008
OsunAmazon:

I don't even know whether my dad gave my mum an engagement ring how much less a diamond one. Probably NOT.

Did you say diamond ahaha grin grin grin, my mom engagement ring wedding band were both gold.
The ring does not signify anything, what matters is the love between them. The ring is just for fashion and show off
Re: Rock Love by OsunAmazon: 7:38am On May 03, 2008
I never saw my dad wearing a wedding ring. Mum claimed he lost his own 2 weeks after their wedding. Men
Re: Rock Love by tRoOE(f): 7:40am On May 03, 2008
That is possible, majority of men hate ring
Re: Rock Love by ADESUWA(f): 8:10am On May 03, 2008
This is not about the price of the ring he gave her really
In my opinion, what should be dealt with is the level he placed himself all through the courtship
If I go out with a guy that comes to me in the guise of Usher Raymond, a $5000 ring will even be too small.

If he hasn't been faking all through the courtship, he'll be able to give her a $100 ring without any scratches
Relationships are all about being real.
Re: Rock Love by HRhotness(f): 8:15am On May 03, 2008
Personally the size and the nature of the rock is irrelevant,,, but then again, everyones priority is different

If she's so unhappy about the one she's got, she can get one shes's happy with for herself,,,, i really cant stand whiny females
Re: Rock Love by StephenP(m): 8:19am On May 03, 2008
[size=13pt]In the words of Kanye, "Now I ain't saying she's a gold digger. . ."[/size]
Re: Rock Love by TheSly: 8:34am On May 03, 2008
StephenP:

[size=13pt]In the words of Kanye, "Now I ain't saying she's a gold digger. . ."[/size]

What u doin up this late? Chasing Cats?
Re: Rock Love by Akinagirl(f): 9:21am On May 03, 2008
lol. Its irritating, she aught to be glad the guy loved her enough to want to marry her anyway, and as well she could have gotten nothing, these unappreactive females.
Re: Rock Love by OsunAmazon: 10:07am On May 03, 2008
By Adesuwa,
This is not about the price of the ring he gave her really
In my opinion, what should be dealt with is the level he placed himself all through the courtship
If I go out with a guy that comes to me in the guise of Usher Raymond, a $5000 ring will even be too small.

If he hasn't been faking all through the courtship, he'll be able to give her a $100 ring without any scratches
Relationships are all about being real
It has nothing to do with faking. She knows the guy does not make anything more than $60K/PA and honestly it's not the amount he is making that is the problem. Her anger was she believed he should've gone out of his way to show her that she means his whole world. I mean, this is America, he can buy an expensive ring on credit with a 3 -5 yr payment plan.  Why do females attach so much importance on a damn ring? Especially after watching American celebrities throw a lavish wedding only to end up in divorce court years later.
Re: Rock Love by U1(m): 12:10pm On May 03, 2008
@ Poster

Who knows, you friend may have a point there. Tell her to send the 1k ring over so that I can verify how authentic it is. wink cool
Re: Rock Love by tngtech(m): 12:26pm On May 03, 2008
Thats why i prefer girls that would love for me who i am not what i am. The girl is materialistic, she love the guy for what he is not who he is.
Re: Rock Love by frank316(m): 4:48pm On May 03, 2008
tngtech:

Thats why i prefer girls that would love for me who i am not what i am. The girl is materialistic, she love the guy for what he is not who he is.
show me that that girl that will love you for who you are and i will show a perfect girl.

God, how do we just make statments like we are reading novels. face it nobody can love you for who you are. who are you by the way? who you are means what? do you love her for who she is?

@poster
that girl is just like the rest of us. she knows her guy is worth more than that and can do better. how many of us here can afford a girl such expensive ring. perhaps we should start crucifying the guy for buying her such a ring. leave her jare.

@troOe
perhaps your man should but you are ring that is below his worth. wont you feel bad about it?
Re: Rock Love by OsunAmazon: 4:51pm On May 03, 2008
show me that that girl that will love you for who you are and i will show a perfect girl.God, how do we just make statments like we are reading novels. face it nobody can love you for who you are. who are you by the way? who you are means what? do you love her for who she is?

You beat me to that, that notion does not exist anymore in century 21.
Re: Rock Love by omekele(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2008
1m $ 0r 100m $ ring is nothing. wearing an expensive engagement is not the case but what really comes out from the HEART.
Re: Rock Love by OsunAmazon: 4:56pm On May 03, 2008
@poster
that girl is just like the rest of us. she knows her guy is worth more than that and can do better. how many of us here can afford a girl such expensive ring. perhaps we should start crucifying the guy for buying her such a ring. leave her jare.
No, i think she's greedy.  First of all, a diamond engagement ring is an adopted western culture and shouldnt be the base for our marriage. The Chinese and Indian people do not give diamond rings although they have other expensive things they give that are not like diamonds anyway. There are many rich guys in Niaja, guys that can afford a $1M diamond ring but did not buy their fiancee such because it's not our culture. What will she do next? ask him to buy her $100 rose flower?

Nevertheless, i found out that it's those people that buy you expensive stuff that end up treating you like thrash.
Re: Rock Love by Cadet(f): 5:00pm On May 03, 2008
@post
your friend is a broke@$$ o grin cheesy
Re: Rock Love by tRoOE(f): 8:23pm On May 03, 2008
@frank 3.16
Nope i won't feel bad becos what matter to me is his love kiss kiss
Re: Rock Love by Dreloaded(f): 8:25pm On May 03, 2008
why/how does she even know the price of the ring?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girls Dnt Call / Wedding Souvenirs-ideas Anyone? / I Will Be Getting Married This Year,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.