Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! (12274 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time / Pregrant After Two Years Of Marriage But Scared Of Miscarriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by biolabee(m): 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
bukatyne:

I have not watched it yet

You do not understand my point: Train both boys and girls properly and the consequences will reduce. Shikena! Nobody is talking of equality or inequality here

good to know we are all on the same page..

Adolescents will always want to explore each others bodies.., that is the sad truth

Game of Thrones is the bomb,..i am on episode 5 here on a rainy Sunday afternoon

Adios.. nice jaw jawing once again
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by SisiKill1: 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
bukatyne:

You do not understand my point: [size=18pt]Train both boys and girls properly and the consequences will reduce. Shikena! Nobody is talking of equality or inequality here[/size]

Brilliant!!!!
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by bellong: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
biolabee:

buka.. tired?...au contraire.. im having fun streaming my Game of Thrones..are u a fan
I told u all are equal but the consequences of immorality are more on females... why dont u want to accept that

The point Buka and Ile have been making is "train up a child in the way HE/SHE SHOULD go, when he is old, he will not depart from it". The onus lies on every parent to teach their children either male/female moral values and encourage them to hold on to such in all their dealings including dating.

However, the point we need to understand is that not every dating/relationship is about sex. Hence, the encouragement given to Baba Oyo to get closer to his boy with a view to defining his expectation from a relationship which should not be sex.

1 Like

Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by coogar: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
Baba Oyo: Around 9am on Saturday, my son had asked for the 10th time if he could use his mum's car since we both have an "owambe" to attend later that morning.
And for the 10th time it was still a NO!
He jokingly told me how cabs could tear & rumple his "expensive TM shirt".....that got me a bit but, I still am not a supporter of flashing material things to impress ladies.....not a fan of that at all.
I asked around what time he was going to see his new girlfriend, thought maybe we could work something out on his "transport palaver", and he said around 2pm.....well, that time can't work for me to drop him off....young man O.Y.O lo wa o!!.
I got back around 6pm & he was in his room playing West-Life again!!!
Not to seem too curious how the day went, I just ignored and decided to give him time to "come down from his cloud".
After dinner , with the ladies watching "their Mexican romance TV series", he came to my room with his "expensive TM shirt", he showed me the back & said "dad see how dirty this shirt is? You see how cabs can mess up someone's life"? I laughed & told him that next time he should go with a handkerchief, and make sure he wipes all cab seats before resting his back on the seat....that's how we did our own "fine boy" back then.....you keep wiping everywhere before u seat....lollll.
I finally asked him how it all went and he smiled....."daddy, I no dey carry last", and before I could figure what that was supposed to mean, he told me he took her to an eatery!!
I believe the eatery is a bit expensive as I have been there with my wife a few times, I kept quiet on that so I can get the rest of the jist.....who no like better jist?
He went on to tell me how the girl came almost 1hr later & she was in company of her little brother.!!! I laughed inwardly, taking note of the fact that I already think the girl is cautious enough to have gone along with someone!!
He told me they just talked on "general stuffs" and school talk.
The girl is in 100l already & she is 18!!!!
"Did you tell her how old you are?" I was so curious, all he did was shake his head, to mean no!!
I realised he had made a lot of efforts for a while to date the girl and the girl had constantly refused him because she wanted to gain an admission first before having a boyfriend! That makes "two points" for her already in my books.
For a while he talked about how she is a soccer fan, how they both love Barcelona, how the girl asked for his nickname so her sister can make a customised jersey for him when coming from "wherever", and he made one last remark before leaving my room.....Daddy, te ba ri omo yen, e ma like e , Daddy Mo try!! (Dad if you see this girl, you will surely like her, I really tried)
When he left & I was alone, some things came to my mind.......
1. I think that eatery was an expensive one and I believe he wants to start his dating on a high scale, I would want to know his choice of place on the second don't to know what standard he wants to deal with....I don't want to encourage an expensive style of outing!!
2. I believe the girl has some moral standards by bringing her kid brother along, that says a lot about her kind of person!
3. In my opinion, an 18yr old girl will be a step more matured than a 17yr old boy, that's another advantage.....been silly together in their choices will be minimal.
4. I still am happy he has chosen a girl with "some class".....I mean a lady who's has soccer affinity with Barcelona sure has taste for good & quality stuffs....lollll....that's my soccer mind o!!!
5. I will definitely be meeting her soon, as I won't want to encourage going to spend money on a date each time they have to see, yea, she is welcome in my house, if she wants to come!!!
By the way, the girls name is FOLASHADE

baba oyo, stop being a spoilsport...
let him drive his mum's car - a car is no longer a luxury but a necessity. using cabs for a romantic date is a no-no. upgrade him before the another boy with a car entices folashade!
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by biolabee(m): 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
bellong:

The point Buka and Ile have been making is "train up a child in the way HE/SHE SHOULD go, when he is old, he will not depart from it". The onus lies on every parent to teach their children either male/female moral values and encourage them to hold on to such in all their dealings including dating.

However, the point we need to understand is that not every dating/relationship is about sex. Hence, the encouragement given to Baba Oyo to get closer to his boy with a view to defining his expectation from a relationship which should not be sex.

bellong that much is clear in my posts also....
our parents trained us too to avoid the ladies but did we hear...
when i entered Uni,some years back, it was a time 20 year old virgin male was seen as a weirdo.... imagine! but u could still see 20 year old virgin ladies
now im sure 18 year old male virgin is also getting rare
Adolescents know it is wrong but they will.. THEY WANT TO EXPLORE>>>

See my posts requoted.. but when people just like arguing for the fun of it.. wetin we go do na

biolabee: All kids are equal and should be discouraged from immorality but a gender is more important than the other

Pity it's the female one

Ish
biolabee: good morning also... since u mind the illogical equality.. carry go
for me.. i will endaeavour to train my kids on dangers of immorality but i will be more circumspect with my girls..
if u no like am well....
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by bukatyne(f): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Brilliant!!!!

smiley
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by bukatyne(f): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
bellong:

God Bless you!
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by bukatyne(f): 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
biolabee:

good to know we are all on the same page..

Adolescents will always want to explore each others bodies.., that is the sad truth

Game of Thrones is the bomb,..i am on episode 5 here on a rainy Sunday afternoon

Adios.. nice jaw jawing once again

We were never on the same 'page'

2 Likes

Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by bellong: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
bukatyne:

God Bless you!

Amen.. and you too.
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by biolabee(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
bukatyne:

We were never on the same 'page'

ok...
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
Na wa o. Every thread that should be fun gets turned into a deeck measuring contest. I tire abeg!

@ jide, lol. U still dey do your match making runs. Pele o, a da. Olohun a fun e se.

1 Like

Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by slimyem: 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
bukatyne:

You do not understand my point: Train both boys and girls properly and the consequences will reduce. Shikena! here
Fact remains that not all parents will train their children properly...
Not all children will take the training and the ones who'll fall prey and make mistakes will make them nevertheless .

1 Like

Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
naijababe: Na wa o. Every thread that should be fun gets turned into a deeck measuring contest. I tire abeg!

@ jide, lol. U still dey do your match making runs. Pele o, a da. Olohun a fun e se.

I'm telling you , twists and turns.

I'm seriously working on it lol , Amin oh grin
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nobody have mentioned in any posts since fist page that they wouldn't accept their daughters to date so I don't see what the buhaha is here, the old school possessiveness feeling towards their female children is higher than for boys ( if you have both genders) .

The first no brainer response that comes to any normal parents mouth when you ask what the first person asked Baba Oyo ( will you celebate your 17 yr old dating ) asked is NO, some Caucasians will even jokingly tell their 3yr old , not till you're 30 lol.

So I don't get y'all point, do you want to change parents mindset towards overprotectiveness of their female cubs against teen pregnancies or you're clamouring / usual campaign for equality treatment when it comes celebrating first dates?

If sex education and safe sex practice to avoid teen sex hence pregnancies is your major worries then it's the parents job to do that and its no brainer for every modern parent , more so its not your place to teach that to them , they know how to do that.

Or better still open a thread or go to smartmom's thread, and share your ideas how to 'train' children not to knack loose teen girls . In addition , em em now I forgot what I was gonna write.

On a personal note, I would be very proud ( concealed) and scared at the same time just like baba Oyo's title too when my daughter have her first boyfriend/ date . Can't say same for hubby tho, he already made it clear he'll follow them on dates & concerts and wait in the car. undecided

I trust her and the potential boyfriend already because the environment, orientation and values they share is already up to par and good morals is part of their upbringing ,

I don't invest great deal on quality education and property tax for nothing,

Egbe eye leye n wo to.
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
biolabee:
when i entered Uni, a 20 year old virgin male who was seen as a weirdo.... imagine! but u could still see 20 year old virgin ladies
Adolescents know it is wrong but they will.. THEY WANT TO EXPLORE>>>

Definitely a 20yr old male virgin should just go to a convent and monetize his lack of sex.

You mean at 14yr you didnt have anyone to experiment with even though you might have a little trouble finding your way around
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by biolabee(m): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Definitely a 20yr old male virgin should just go to a convent and monetize his lack of sex.

You mean at 14yr you didnt have anyone to experiment with even though you might have a little trouble finding your way around

sorry not me cheesy.. i meant when i entered unis, 20 year old virgins were already getting extinct....

jidegirl12:

you're clamouring / usual campaign for equality treatment when it comes celebrating first dates?

i think its more of equality for equality's sake undecided undecided
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by SisiKill1: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jidegirl the lioness!!! cheesy

I Like it!! kiss

biolabee:

i think its more of equality for equality's sake undecided undecided

Dude do you ever have a point (or get the point)?!!!

Like for real?!!!

1 Like

Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by biolabee(m): 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Jidegirl the lioness!!! cheesy

Dude do you ever have a point?!!!

Like for real?!!!

*yawn.. only those who seemingly agree with you make sense.. aiit
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by SisiKill1: 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
biolabee:

*yawn

What the....What are we in grade school?!!

What will you do next...stick your tongue out? Blow Raspberries?!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Jeeedus! All Sorts!!
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by biolabee(m): 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Jeeedus! All Sorts!!

Indeed... all sorts.. undecided
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by baby124: 12:14am On Jun 10, 2013
I think mostly, the father's are relieved and happy to confirm that their boys like girls and are doing some "manly" rite. Some even take their sons to ashawo if the "coming out" is taking too long. I don't think they expect the girl's not to like men or there is any fear of them being too "wimpy", so they can wait. And be the pious, little perfect girl. While their boys are the manly men. My dad will smile at my brother's conquests, but sweat blocks at any boyfriend. God rest his soul. I thank God sha, because I did not make any mistake I regret today.
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by coogar: 12:21am On Jun 10, 2013
baby_123: I think mostly, the father's are relieved and happy to confirm that their boys like girls and are doing some "manly" rite. Some even take their sons to ashawo if the "coming out" is taking too long. I don't think they expect the girl's not to like men or there is any fear of them being too "wimpy", so they can wait. And be the pious, little perfect girl. While their boys are the manly men. My dad will smile at my brother's conquests, but sweat blocks at any boyfriend. God rest his soul. I thank God sha, because I did not make any mistake I regret today.

that's how every father would feel.....
if my son does not show any semblance of what i was like in my teens, i would hire a brazilian chic to "make" him before he turns gay. tongue
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by baby124: 12:25am On Jun 10, 2013
coogar:

that's how every father would feel.....
if my son does not show any semblance of what i was like in my teens, i would hire a brazilian chic to "make" him before he turns gay. tongue
Smh! You will pay for short time? Hehehee! If your son is gay, if you like buy 100 girls, and let them stand naked. He might be repulsed where you would be excited. grin
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by coogar: 12:50am On Jun 10, 2013
baby_123:
Smh! You will pay for short time? Hehehee! If your son is gay, if you like buy 100 girls, and let them stand naked. He might be repulsed where you would be excited. grin

this is why it's important to let him discover the sweetness of a woman before gay tendencies start to stack up. grin
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by armyofone(m): 3:56am On Jun 10, 2013
Exactly. I thank God for my parents also. Their being strict really helped us grounded. At some point, he wanted me go to the convent and my brothers seminary grin Dating was prohibited.
Even though i came here alone, it was like he was standing on my shoulder with riffles grin
Parents just need to be careful so their male/female child don't bring a child into this world they are not ready for.

baby_123: I think mostly, the father's are relieved and happy to confirm that their boys like girls and are doing some "manly" rite. Some even take their sons to ashawo if the "coming out" is taking too long. I don't think they expect the girl's not to like men or there is any fear of them being too "wimpy", so they can wait. And be the pious, little perfect girl. While their boys are the manly men. My dad will smile at my brother's conquests, but sweat blocks at any boyfriend. God rest his soul. I thank God sha, because I did not make any mistake I regret today.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 10, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I forgot to ask....if Teen Dating/boyfriend and girlfriend is not about sex as some have proffered why are we scared of our daughters getting pregnant? Abi do we have a buncha Marys on our hands? cheesy cheesy

Leave them jare! They keep talking from the two sides of their mouth. One minute, dating is not about sex and they quote some fake dictionary, and next, they are prohibiting the girls from dating so as to prevent teen pregnancies. Does pregnacy come from them talking about school and sports?

These people know the truth. They are just arguing against logic and critical reasoning.

By the way, I like the fact that u always know how to balance out an arguement with sound cognitive reasoning. I always look forward to your posts. kiss

2 Likes

Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by darami(f): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
All of these arguments remind me of a guy in my class said that he’s going to get a gun because her daughter just turned 14years… very funny. cheesy
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by biolabee(m): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
Really fuuny. I think he should get an ak47 also when his son turns 14 In the spirit of equality cheesy grin

dara-mi:
All of these arguments remind me of a guy in my class said that he’s going to get a gun because her daughter just turned 14years… very funny. cheesy
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
jidegirl12:
The first no brainer response that comes to any normal parents mouth when you ask what the first person asked Baba Oyo ( will you celebate your 17 yr old dating ) asked is NO, some Caucasians will even jokingly tell their 3yr old , not till you're 30 lol.

But that's not the first response that comes to your mouth. Here's what you said.

jidegirl12: On a personal note, I would be very proud ( concealed) and scared at the same time just like baba Oyo's title too when my daughter have her first boyfriend/ date . Can't say same for hubby tho, he already made it clear he'll follow them on dates & concerts and wait in the car. undecided

Your set dating age for your daughters is 14, you will be proud when they start dating at this age unlike those who will not be happy if their daughters start dating at 17 (but would be excited when their sons do). So obviously, what we are talking about does not apply to you. Now to use your situation as an example, assuming you had both daughters and sons, if you say that you would allow your son to date at 12 while your daughter can only start at 14, then I would have to ask you the same questions I have been asking. Is it not somebody's 12 yr old daughter he would be dating? If you would let both your boys and girls date at the same set age of 14, then you are not guilty of the hypocrisy and poor logic we have been talking about.

jidegirl12: So I don't get y'all point, do you want to change parents mindset towards overprotectiveness of their female cubs against teen pregnancies or you're clamouring / usual campaign for equality treatment when it comes celebrating first dates?

Once again, the point is, protect your daughters, protect other people's daughters too (by restraining your sons as you would your daughters)

1 Like

Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by coogar: 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
dara-mi:

he should not have daughters.....
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
I'll just be glad he's not into 'boys' . . . cos children of nowadays eh! embarassed embarassed
Re: My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!! by coogar: 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
Ujujoan: I'll just be glad he's not into 'boys' . . . cos children of nowadays eh! embarassed embarassed

uju, go and sit down jare
you did worse than the kids of nowadays - i was told your first boyfriend was at primary six when you were just 9.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"My Husband Does Not Last Long In Bed And Now I'm Sleeping With My Ex" / Apologies To My Love. A Fellow Nairalander / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.