Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

I Can Talk To Boko Haram – Orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Talk To Boko Haram – Orji Kalu (587 Views)

Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram / Orji Kalu Loan Scheme For Nigerians In Congo More Pictures / Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Can Talk To Boko Haram – Orji Kalu by IjeomaObasi: 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
Former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu has told the Federal Government that he can have direct talks with the insurgent group Boko Haram, saying that the President Goodluck Jonathan administration is “playing to the media and not the problem” in its approach. Kalu said he is the right person to act as the intermediary with the group that has killed thousands of Nigerians since 2009.

His call for negotiations comes as the U.S. government announced a $23 million reward for the capture of the militants’ leader, Abubakar Shekau. Kalu told The Washington Times, “There is a smarter, more effective way to keep the Boko Haram from growing into a force that will tear Nigeria apart but so far, the government is playing to the media and not the problem.” He is therefore advocating a government campaign to win the hearts and minds of people in the poorer, northern areas of the country where Boko Haram operates, which he believes is essential in stopping the bloodshed that has claimed more than 10,000 lives.

http://nigerianbulletin.com/nigerian-news/i-can-talk-to-boko-haram-orji-kalu/

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Need To Sit Down And Talk –oritsejafor / The Politics Of Disease Awareness Creation / Amaechi Moves To Stall Probing Of His Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.