Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee (18675 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Ibrahim Abdulsalam, NAMA MD And Directors For N2.8b ‘theft’ / Why NAMA Diverted Wamakko’s Aircraft / NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by stanlink(m): 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
The unprofession Pilot who refused to do the needful and decided to speak onbehalf of NAMA to the press whereby succeeded in inciting "POLITICAL WAR" &misinforming Nigerian should be fire let him decide weather to work as a jornalist or better still join the political race while the other NAMA staff that cleared them to fly without a complete documentation should also enjoy the muzik case close that's ALL
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by solomon111(m): 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
ge best: GEJ dont think Edo and rivers are the same, if it repeat it self again we the Edos will not take it likely with you because we dont play with Oshiomhole, any way Oshiobaba dont worry every disappointment is a blessing, God have a purpose for that.
oh pls shut up.
Is Edo state as politically complex or economically pivotal as rivers state?
Mscheww.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by touch4mony: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100:

Are you so blind that you can't read between the line were the pilot said that such payment can alsways be paid later & that he has being piloting for 37years & 7years in Nigeria airspace? what are even the problems with all you buttlickers? must president jonathan always have his way?
angry angry angry angry
Am sure u did not watch the minister of aviation the last them she spoke on the 2yrs of GEJ administration,she said it will no longer b biz as usual.that b4 any aircraft takes of or lands it must meet all the reqaumnts of if the captain has the money to pay why say u will pay leter must u b force to do what ur supose to do.its only in nigeria a b man will break laws and when his stoped ppl will call it witch hunting.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
It is only in Nigeria that one can 'ordinarily pay later'. This pilot has shown a high level of unprofessionalism and will pay for that real soon.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by izzo22: 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
So all this money the federal government is spending renovating Airport across the nation, some people in the name of governors still wants to stil cut corner

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by lafuria1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
solomon111: The comments on nairaland are hilarious.
Look at people supporting corruption and indiscipline because the governor is from the opposition.
Okay o.
Crap, you folks can't provide answers to this simple questions, who allowed to pilot to fly in first place? Did the pilot force his way out?.
The the corrupt pilot you say came back and paid the fees, why the extra delay of an hour? So tell me who is corrupt and indiscipline? The govt officials who allows pilot to take off without payment? Or the pilot who was allowed to fly but still cane back to pay said fees.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by ujoinme: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop trying to intellectually defend the indefensible my guy...the status of the Governor on-board the chopper should have been enough guarantee. Whether you like it or not he is not just an ordinary Nigerian and therefore deserve some decorum of respect....

Do you honestly believed that those that made the recall were not acting on instruction from higher authority or you actually agree that the recall is routine?
What has decorum to do with paying allotted fees/tarrif? Real Decorum is paying all fees on time.It is your contourted interpretation of the word status/decorum that swells the heads of any Nigerian in authority and give them the air of invincibility, such that their pilot/drivers/PA/boy boy/ family feel because of their ogas status, required fees should not be paid?
Guy the country losses revenue when this goes on.
I know Even Gov. Adams will agree with me on this. He spent his lifetime fighting for the rights of nigerian workers.
and the article said he asked the pilot to go do the right thing. Pay your dues and taxes to the government thats the duty of every citizen to his country. Nigerian citizen irrespective of status are not excluded from that rule. and stop blaming politics for everything.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by PapaBrowne(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
If people don't pay their fees, how would the airports be maintained

Anybody that tries to accuse NAMA for asking that the required fees be paid, should open a shop and ask customers to pay for products after they have used them and found them satisfactory.

No wonder our airports have been a mess for ages. These folks weren't paying their fees.

I am Oshiomole's biggest fan and I don't think he did anything wrong but the pilot should shut up and pay his dues!!
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by gboye1999: 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
At least we agree that the chopper shouldn‘t have been cleared in the first place which makes the airport officer guilty of negligence of duty, it doesn‘t excuse the pilot who knows he‘s supposed to pay his landing bill before flying but refused to do so.
The point am making is we should do what ought to be done without being forced. If the landing bill had been paid previously not even Jonathan can stop the pilot flying. You get my drift?

THAT IS NOT THE WAY THE AVIATION INDUSTRY RUNS MY BRO!!!
Most airlines remit their fees in bulk. It not necessary you pay before a flight...
What NAMA does is get the bills to the airlines: BA, LH and all sometimes days after a particular flight and then the responsible party collates same and pay at agreed interval.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Alxmyr(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
It is shameful that a governor can evade tax and some people will come out to cry political victimization.
The market woman in Ikpoba that Oshiomole tax collector went to lock her shop and seize her goods could also pay later.
Why was she not given the chance to pay later?
When Oshiomole went to NTA Benin and shut down their station for not paying tax, should he not have allowed them to pay later?

The pilot and the operator would have face the wrath of law in a developed nation, and even the governor will be answering questions for such an act of tax evasion.

3 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by HAH: 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Most people that commented are pedestrian in their analysis that one must pay for all landing like toll gates.

For your information the standard practice in the aviation sector is normally post paid mostly the bill for all landing are sent to the companies that own the plane at the end of the month when balancing and not operated like toll gate.

And you pay only at airport that is not your hub, otherwise is free.

I see nothing but a hatchet job.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by 1MCN: 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
I love this! Nigeria's upperclass must realize that everyone is subject to regulations and rules. The pilot said that it was a fee they could pay later. Yes. But that's in the OLD. When I buy an air ticket I pay for everything. None is paid later. Same with ABC bus ticket. The poor Philipino pilot has been used to our lacadasical procedures here but am not sure that also happens in his home country.
For those dragging Jonathan into this. I think he's guilty as charged. Yes. He and Stella Adaeze Uduah have taught those big and above-all Nigerians that they have to shape their sizes. He has made Aviation staff and Departments sit up and know that it's no longer business as usual. Yes that's his sin. And he cant deny it.
Thank God it wasnt even an ACN convention that Adams was attending-- we no for hear word again. If this could happen to a governor gracing a call by a Presidential Aide then 'all man go need to level im head.'
Nigeria and Nigerians must be forced into that change we all desire in all areas of national life wether by metamorphosis or by alchemy!

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by creativemusic: 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
hala hala story grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by izzo22: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
HAH: Most people that commented are pedestrian in their analysis that one must pay for all landing like toll gates.

For your information the standard practice in the aviation sector is normally post paid mostly the bill for all landing are sent to the companies that own the plane at the end of the month when balancing and not operated like toll gate.

And you pay only at airport that is not your hub, otherwise is free.

I see nothing but a hatchet job.
so the pilot did the wrong thing going back?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by betrani(m): 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
Geomac:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/fg-grounds-oshiomholes-aircraft/
better u didn't fly my beloved commrade! U never knw when these demons plant a trap some where for u! Cheer up man! If u remain d oshiomole I knw some day u will be president!
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Reference(m): 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
grin Phantom Menace
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by ifihearam: 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
I have been reading some comments here quietly and i want to sound a stern warning to you people,PLEASE leave GEJ out of this,his excellency is too big and busy at the same time to stoop so low to engage in any form of quarrel or use the aviation proxies against a common governor and to say the least edo state of all states.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by sparkwil(m): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I hope Jonathan is not trying to mess with Oshiomole.Kindly seek advice from Obj,Anenih and IG of police cuz this guy knows how to fight dirty.
nothing annoys me like d rubbish u always comment on different threads. Lazy-minded APC rats, always blaming GEJ for everything they cnt explain. For ur info, d comrade gov and GEJ are close friends and he campaigned indirectly for GEJ during d 2011 elections.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by ifihearam: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
spark@wil:
nothing annoys me like d rubbish u always comment on different threads. Lazy-minded APC rats, always blaming GEJ for everything they cnt explain. For ur info, d comrade gov and GEJ are close friends and he campaigned indirectly for GEJ during d 2011 elections.

leave dat mugu
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by onimcee1(m): 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
I guess if the person concerned wasn't a governor in an opposition party, or if he is jst an ordinary Nigerian, this story wouldn't have made the vanguard newspaper not to talk of making Nairaland's front page.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by frankgreat(m): 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
ujoinme:
Am not a pilot dont claim to know how these things work.but i do take buses and i know you have to pay you fare before u sit down in the bus. and the bus driver has to pay the motor park official (NURTW) for using the park before he drives off with his passengers.
The governor was not in the wrong here he probably paid for his chattered flight. but the pilot should have done his due by paying aerodome fees and satisfied all conditions well ahead of time of the flight to avoid the embarrasment.
Did he assume that because his passenger was the governor hence he didnt have to pay his bills? If nigeria must move forward then this big mannism trait must be curbed.
Country people everything in Nigeria is not about politics only politicians want you to believe that so they can further their agenda. This one is a case of common sense.
don't be bias, fine he did not pay, and when they called him back to pay, he came back to pay rit? And this process doesn't take more than 10 minutes, so why the 1hour 30mins delay? Dis aint demmocracy anymore
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by ballabriggs: 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
Skillbobralph:

U re even the one blind becos nowhere in developed countries you pay after services, it is pay before services. These leaders ought to lead with example so they aren't showing it. GEJ is doing the right thing now, you people are complaining. No matter who you are you must follow due process. Can the pilot try that abroad where he claimed he have been all his life. He would have been behind counter for trying to avoid tax not only delayed for 1hr.

Abeg close your mouth joor, "nowhere in developed countries you pay after services". Who told you that rubbish.

The ideal thing would have been to send a notice requesting payment from the operator.

These are organisations that should be built on safety principles and rules, Jona has turned them to tools to play his ogogoro politics. When plane crash tomorrow, Labaran Maku go tell us how he escaped again and we should thank God for him.

Animals!!! Ezeala kugbusia ununile
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
[quote
author=frankgreat] don't be bias, fine he did not pay, and when they
called him back to pay, he came back to pay rit? And this process
doesn't take more than 10 minutes, so why the 1hour 30mins delay? Dis
aint demmocracy anymore[/quote]

Dont think u reason. Can u do same in developed country like th US? SHAMELESS HYPOCRITE
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by ballabriggs: 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
kaorama:

Dont think u reason. Can u do same in developed country like th US? SHAMELESS HYPOCRITE

Will you stop talking nonsense there. In those countries, you accumulate debts and pay via direct debit through your bank. No one goes chasing you around like umu agbero. You think aviation is the same as your bus park at upper Iweka.

If the operator had been hugely in debt, he should not have been made to take off and even if he had, you send a request for payment later. That is the ideal thing.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by mkoabiola: 8:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Next is babagindaaaaa aliyu.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
IF YOU CANT DO THE TIME, DONT DO THE CRIME
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Chinedudele(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I hope Jonathan is not trying to mess with Oshiomole.Kindly seek advice from Obj,Anenih and IG of police cuz this guy knows how to fight dirty.

pls leave Jonathan out of this. the airport authorities were just doing their job
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by jpphilips(m): 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
A prudent governor flies chopper with a few entourage while PDP govs fly jets with a community of entourage.
we know who deserve 2015.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Mylove55(f): 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
Why dis time of political witch hunt,it is now nema,wants to wake up.Is Gej paying his fees,also ground Gej aircraft
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Dagoma: 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
doncaster: Why did they not pay initially?

Don't you understand simple english? They usually pay later, that's the tradition.This is really a bad signal for democracy, somebody should pls tell Johnathan.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by dgysoft(m): 10:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Benin to anambra is just less than 2hrs by car. Must he fly? my keke can do that in 3hrs or less and save the state tax payers money. rather than sitting in d plan for almost 2hrs.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Dagoma: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Well, I was once a Ticketting Officer of an airline company in this country. The tradition is that we usually pay our bills after flight operation, and thats the practice in all the airline operations. I only see this as an outcome of the Governors Forum election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mohammed Abubakar, Shettima, Badaru Abubakar Observe Hajj In Saudi Arabia / Charles Idahosa: Oshiomhole Has Embarrassed President Buhari Enough / Throwback Video: Tinubu Commissioning Newly Built Millennium Schools in 2001

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.