Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee (18674 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Ibrahim Abdulsalam, NAMA MD And Directors For N2.8b ‘theft’ / Why NAMA Diverted Wamakko’s Aircraft / NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by IYANGBALI: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
bodefakorede: Abeggiii,make una kip quiet oo.its a blessing in disguise.God mite av used dat to avert an evil comin his way.
a typical african man
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
The pilot or who ever dat is incharge of the payment should have done all the required things b4 taking off from Benin airport, instead of saying the payment would have beeen paid later., pls Gov. Oshio baba, sorry for such disappointment, let us say, the journey/programe was not destined for you to be there. i like you sir.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Idazinim: 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100:

Are you so blind that you can't read between the line were the pilot said that such payment can alsways be paid later & that he has being piloting for 37years & 7years in Nigeria airspace? what are even the problems with all you buttlickers? must president jonathan always have his way?
angry angry angry angry

Mba nu, If you are surrounded by Enemies, you will watch your steps carefully. This some are not doing, and they keep playing into the hands of Sycophants. Abi you no understand.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by nokingasgod: 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
This is witch hunting pure and simple. Of course the pilot was to blame for not clearing payment issues before the flight though we can not over look his claim that such fees could always be paid later. This claim to me is valid since operators of the helicopter and NAMA are familiar to one another and it was not as if the helicopter will never return to Benin or the company is liquidating. Think the Governor should at least be accorded some respect since NAMA can always deal with the helicopter operators.

More so, the pilot did not pay the required fees, NAMA officials did not demand for payment, the helicopter was approved to take off and actually took off and suddenly NAMA remembered some fees were due recalled the helicopter from air. Ha ba, there are smarter ways of playing politics than the ''PDP shenanigan''

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by taharqa2: 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
Lol... The 'opposition' hv turned demselves into a Bunch of Cry Babies.. They want PITY; that's the new strategy, abi? Well then, I Pity them....smdh
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by farem: 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
doncaster: Why did they not pay initially?
IS THIS A RIGHT QUESTION? THE GOVERNOR DECIDED TO SETTLE WHAT COULD BE ORDINARILY DONE LATER.THE PROCESS SHOULD BE FOR ABOUT 10 MINS, YET WERE DELAYED FOR CLOSE TO TWO HOURS. I AM NOT A FAN OF ANY ONE USING PRIVATE OR CHARTERED FLIGHT IN GOVERNMENT BUT THE CONDUCT OF THESE NAMA OFFICIAL IS MORE THAN MEET THE EYES. ASK SENSIBLE QUESTIONS!

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by gramci: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
Some VIP's don't like paying tax, it was this same "big man attitude" that led to the demise of Nigerian Airways.

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by hillsate: 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
kutchs: ‘which ordinarily we could pay later‘
Why not pay before or immediately to save yourself the pain of embarrasment? It pains me that Nigerians know what to do but will wait to be forced to do it.
You people can shout political witchhunt as long as you like but the right thing must be done. You want to fly? Pay ur bills or u‘re grounded.

Heelloo! which Nigerians are you talking about? The ones that were suppose to do a proper job before granting a take-off clearance or the ones that took off after been given a take off clearance? haba!
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by kutchs: 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
ilugunboy: Why is Jonah fighting everybody through his proxies in the aviation industry?

Why must they recall an already airborne flight (with all the attendant risk) when the issue at stake can always wait and be resolved later.

Only a mischievous person will not read more into this than just civil aviation procedure.
He is fighting everyone the way the opposition and his enemies are fighting him through their proxies in the NGF. It‘s a two way thing bro.
The FRSC impounded my car and stopped me from going to work on the 13th of May for failure to renew my car registration even when I could do that later. The law is the law I know it so couldn‘t complain. Why we keep postponing what we could do now to later is the reason we‘re where we are today.
Even if there is more to it than just aviation procedure as you claim, Oshiomole could have saved himself the trouble by making sure his pilot is up to date with his bills instead of playing the ‘victim‘ like his twin brother Amaechi.

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by gramci: 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
"NO CREDIT COME TOMORROW" cheesy
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Delafruita(m): 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
deleteme:

You should be the one thats blind and a buttlicker. Who is the pilot to decide and conclude that the payment can be made later? thats just our problem in this country, always wanting to cut corners. If it were to be US or UK, do u dare not pay before operating? Pls u guys should be objective for once. Ok, if its a PDP Governor or GEJ the same u will tag it corruption. No one is above the Law.....If the hericopter crashes (God forbid) , the same you will blame NAMA for corruption. Sccchhhh!!!
did the pilot just enter into the chopper and take off?where were the NAMA officials when the chopper was been prepped for take-off?you think flying out of an airport is like driving out of your garage?there is a sinister motive to this.if certain fees had not been paid,they should have been requested before the pilot was cleared for take-off.how can you ask a chopper to turn around just a few minutes after clearing same chopper for take-off?then threaten to ban the chopper from the airspace?this is crazy and am amazed some buffoons are supporting this.

the pilot was right in his assertion that such fees are usually paid laterr.infact some operators accumulate them and pay off in bulk.moreover,if NAMA really needed the payment to be made,they should not have cleared the chopper for take-off.its as simple as that

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Delafruita(m): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
kutchs:
He is fighting everyone the way the opposition and his enemies are fighting him through their proxies in the NGF. It‘s a two way thing bro.
The FRSC impounded my car and stopped me from going to work on the 13th of May for failure to renew my car registration even when I could do that later. The law is the law I know it so couldn‘t complain. Why we keep postponing what we could do now to later is the reason we‘re where we are today.
Even if there is more to it than just aviation procedure as you claim, Oshiomole could have saved himself the trouble by making sure his pilot is up to date with his bills instead of playing the ‘victim‘ like his twin brother Amaechi.
why was the chopper cleared for take-off?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by gtrust: 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100:

Are you so blind that you can't read between the line were the pilot said that such payment can alsways be paid later & that he has being piloting for 37years & 7years in Nigeria airspace? what are even the problems with all you buttlickers? must president jonathan always have his way?
angry angry angry angry

After the man retires you will go to his village and collect the money abi
Ol'boy, part of civilisation is to pay your bills ON TIME! (not later)

5 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Reptyle(m): 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
doncaster: Why did they not pay initially?

Was it not the same NAMA that cleared the chopper for take off? Why did they clear the pilot, wait for him to be airborne and then ask him to return to the airport thus exposing both he and the governor to unnecessary danger? Or is NAMA trying to tell us that the pilot operated the flight without its clearance?

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Kalamaya: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
Is like passing through a toll gate and asking to pay the toll fees on your way back. I expect Baba Osho to quickly report the matter to consumer's protection agency to collect his insurance premium from the helicopter operator for the delay.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
The price of choppering an opposition politician. Most of them are not law abiding. They prefer crying wolf when the law catches up with them. Oshiomole should look eastwards. grin
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by motobid(m): 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
This gov is a comrade, but its so funny that he uses chartered flight all the time with taxpayers' money, he doesnt come to abuja in a schedule flight. Let him come down and learn from gov obi, a simple man.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
ujoinme:
Am not a pilot dont claim to know how these things work.but i do take buses and i know you have to pay you fare before u sit down in the bus. and the bus driver has to pay the motor park official (NURTW) for using the park before he drives off with his passengers.
The governor was not in the wrong here he probably paid for his chattered flight. but the pilot should have done his due by paying aerodome fees and satisfied all conditions well ahead of time of the flight to avoid the embarrasment.
Did he assume that because his passenger was the governor hence he didnt have to pay his bills? If nigeria must move forward then this big mannism trait must be curbed.
Country people everything in Nigeria is not about politics only politicians want you to believe that so they can further their agenda. This one is a case of common sense.

Are you telling us that Jang,Akpabio and the other Jonathan's bootlickers pay that fees everytime prior to their fight take-off ?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by kutchs: 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
Delafruita:
why was the chopper cleared for take-off?
At least we agree that the chopper shouldn‘t have been cleared in the first place which makes the airport officer guilty of negligence of duty, it doesn‘t excuse the pilot who knows he‘s supposed to pay his landing bill before flying but refused to do so.
The point am making is we should do what ought to be done without being forced. If the landing bill had been paid previously not even Jonathan can stop the pilot flying. You get my drift?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by peruso: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
A STRONG NOTE TO NIGERIANS AND TO ALL THOSE THAT SUPPORT GOVERNMENTS OPPRESIVE TENDENCIES.
ITS NOT ABOUT SYLVA OR AMAECHI OR WAMAKKO OR OSHIOMOLE BUT ITS ABOUT CONSTITUTED GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND PARASTATALS BEING USED AS TOOLS AGAINST OPPONENTS AND PERCEIVED OPPONENTS. THESE ARE AGENCIES THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO OUTLIVE THIS ADMINISTRATION. IT ONLY MEANS THAT AS A NEW GOVERNMENT COMES ON BOARD IT CAN FORM AGENCIES WHICH CAN BE USED FOR THEIR OWN OPPRESION.
WHO CAN HONESTLY VOCHED FOR THE INDEPENDENCE OF EFCC OR ICPC TODAY? NOW EVERY AGENCY WILL OWE THEIR EXISTENCE TO THE GOVERMENT IN POWER.

THIS IS SO SOS WRONG.

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by brixton: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100:

angry angry angry angry

It is pipo lyku dat kip pushin dis country backward. Can d pilot say dsame to uk or usa airspace pipo? Wot is wrong in them paying up and then continue deir flight?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
Too many people with shite for brain in this forum. The man didn't pay, fine! Come back to pay, good! Then delayed for over 1 hour? What the phuuuuuuuck! Stella Odua has put herself in deep shite and Oshiomole is soooo going to phuuuuuuck her up that she will lock herself up for days crying.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
kutchs:
At least we agree that the chopper shouldn‘t have been cleared in the first place which makes the airport officer guilty of negligence of duty, it doesn‘t excuse the pilot who knows he‘s supposed to pay his landing bill before flying but refused to do so.
The point am making is we should do what ought to be done without being forced. If the landing bill had been paid previously not even Jonathan can stop the pilot flying. You get my drift?

If you agree that that flight shouldn't have been cleared in the first instance,then you are not making any sense by trying to justify the recall !
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by kutchs: 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Are you telling us that Jang,Akpabio and the other Jonathan's bootlickers pay that fees everytime prior to their fight take-off ?
An Igbo adage says ‘onye ya na ndi iro n‘eriko nri na eji ngaji ogologo‘ translated literally as ‘he who eats with his enemies should use long spoon‘
Thus when you are in the eye of the storm you should play safe.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Celepope: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
Look at Hypocrites that want Nigeria to be developed like Western countries and also condemn their Leaders for underdevelopment but yet they support cutting corners by the same Leaders.Nigerians deserve what they get from their Leaders

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
blink182: Too many people with shite for brain in this forum. The man didn't pay, fine! Come back to pay, good! Then delayed for over 1 hour? What the phuuuuuuuck! Stella Odua has put herself in deep shite and Oshiomole is soooo going to phuuuuuuck her up that she will lock herself up for days crying.

Honestly

Too many 8th grade educated illiterates on NL !

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Reptyle(m): 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
kutchs:

I am glad you at least agree that the situation was politically motivated to embarass the governor just like they did to Amaechi and Tambuwal. But it is a real shame that GEJ has sunk to this new low of exposing human lives to risk just to prove a point to the opposition.

No aircraft can take off from an airport without clearance from the airport authorities. The authorities at the Benin airport cannot claim that they were not aware of the outstanding charges owed before take-off clearance was secured. Oshiomole is only a paying customer and it is not in his place to begin to enquire from the pilot if all his payments are up to date. How many times do you get into a cab or even a commercial flight and begin to question the pilot about the validity of his license or whether he has paid all the necessary dues?

Well I guess that now that this has happened, Oshiomole and all politicians in the opposition will have to remember to interrogate their pilots and drivers before commencing any trip to avoid embarrassment by GEJ's NAMA officials. With this new ploy from GEJ, there's nothing saying that an opposition governor will not be stopped at a police checkpoint with the driver asked to put on his "inner light" and produce the vehicle papers for checkingcheesy)

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by alhabeeb(m): 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
Wot eva it is, witchurtin or geniue excuse...am sure d least may nt av bin heard abt grounding private jets...jst leave us wit our railway users ooo!
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100:

angry angry angry angry

U re even the one blind becos nowhere in developed countries you pay after services, it is pay before services. These leaders ought to lead with example so they aren't showing it. GEJ is doing the right thing now, you people are complaining. No matter who you are you must follow due process. Can the pilot try that abroad where he claimed he have been all his life. He would have been behind counter for trying to avoid tax not only delayed for 1hr.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by kutchs: 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
People should stop making excuses for Oshiomole and his pilot.
Yes the chopper was cleared to fly when it shouldn‘t but does that make not paying the bill any right? I want the university professors here to answer.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
This is Wha Patrick Obahiagbon Has to Say;
'Can someone tell the Federal Government to stop this malodorous saga cum gargantuan gaga?This hemorraging gbogbonshe must be halted..'
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Cele-pope:
Look at Hypocrites that want Nigeria to be developed like Western countries and also condemn their Leaders for underdevelopment but yet they support cutting corners by the same Leaders.Nigerians deserve what they get from their Leaders

Now you called it cutting corners ? Haha funny how some folks expect standards from PDP-led federal government .In 2006,Ribadu annouced to the world that about 27 governors including Atiku and Patience were corrupt but you know those that got nailed ? Atiku,Alams,Ibori,Igbinedion,Orji and all those who never supported Obj's 3rd term while the others are forgiven.

This is exactly what is happening today provided you can prove to me that all jonathan's boolickers in the NGF pay their fees as at when due !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan and Corruption - Femi Orebe / Alleged Certificate Forgery, Perjury: Kaduna Forum Wants Shehu Sani Suspended / PIB: Saraki Protests As Kachikwu, Adeosun Shun Hearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.