Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee (18681 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Ibrahim Abdulsalam, NAMA MD And Directors For N2.8b ‘theft’ / Why NAMA Diverted Wamakko’s Aircraft / NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Sawadinho: 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
the last time i checked in naija NAMA means cow so are u saying cow enter road stop oshiomole helicopter?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by deohighlander: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
What is wrong with these govt workers self? Why did they allow the plane to take off? When they knew that d pilot have not pay then. Where they not the one that allow the plane to take off? Rubbish upon rubbish
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by elari(m): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
[quote
author=Omen100]

Are you so blind that you can't read between the line were the pilot
said that such payment can alsways be paid later & that he has being
piloting for 37years & 7years in Nigeria airspace? what are even
the problems with all you buttlickers? must president jonathan always
have his way?

angry angry angry angry[/quote]. . . but the question still remains unanswered. y did they not pay as at when due, instead of waiting to pay later. N u who do not lick butt. Yes! Gej, will have his way if u refuse to pay the dues
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Yorubaman40: 11:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I hope Jonathan is not trying to mess with Oshiomole.Kindly seek advice from Obj,Anenih and IG of police cuz this guy knows how to fight dirty.
Oshiomole was already in d fight long before now. He has been working underground for more ACN infiltration of d S/S. He has just been silent about it. GEJs men know about it all. But whether they will be able to contain him in d S/S is a different thing entirely.May d cunniest politician win!
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by ujoinme: 12:04am On Jun 08, 2013
frankgreat: don't be bias, fine he did not pay, and when they called him back to pay, he came back to pay rit? And this process doesn't take more than 10 minutes, so why the 1hour 30mins delay? Dis aint demmocracy anymore
Where's the bias? the only bias thats in these thread is your act of ascribing political victimization to a case of gross criminal evation of govt. tax/dues and abuse of The national airspace.
How do you know that the process takes only ten minutes? Has any chartered flight been recalled after take off for not paying its dues and cleared within 10 mins in any airport in nigera? I challenge you to show a proof and untill you do your are just ranting and wallowing in your bias.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by myola(m): 12:05am On Jun 08, 2013
We all heard one-sided story and believed it was political witch-hurt. In another development, NAMA spokesman said instead of filling manifesto and pick the governor, the pilot just pick the governor @ state house and enback on the journey without manifesto, which they asked him to come and filled and pay necessary fee. The pilot left the manifesto story out of his story.
The pilot should be blamed.
If u don't find it too long you can read NAMA side of the story below

We Did Not Ground
Oshiomhole’s
Helicopter Says
NAMA
Posted by: Our Reporter
on June 7, 2013 in News
Leave a comment
The Nigeria Aviation Ministry said
on Friday that the helicopter
conveying the Edo State Governor,
Adams Oshiomhole, was not
grounded, but only asked to obey
extant rules.
The Coordinating Manager,
Information and Communications
for Aviation Parastatals, Yakubu
Datti, said the aircraft was only
called back to fill its manifest and
make some payments which the
pilot had failed to do.
“The helicopter picked the governor
from government house in Benin.
By procedure, the pilot was
supposed to file manifest and all
other procedures, but because
these were not done before takeoff,
NAMA (Nigeria Airspace
Management Agency) called them
down to do all those things.
“Of course you cannot just pick
someone up and fly over the airport
just like that,” Mr. Datti said
Mr. Oshiomhole’s trip was cut short
after the pilot of the chartered
aircraft was ordered to return to
Benin airport when he was already
airborne for Awka. The Edo State
Governor was travelling to
Anambra for the funeral of late
Colette Obi, wife of Ben Obi, a
presidential adviser on political
matters
He angry left the aircraft and
returned to his state after it was not
cleared over an hour after the pilot,
James Manahash, made necessary
payments.
The bemused Filipino pilot of the
helicopter, owned by OAS
helicopters, later expressed his
shock at the incident to journalists.
“I have been a pilot for 35 years out
of which 7 years in Nigeria. So I
was surprised when I was recalled
back to the airport after we took
off. The Governor prevailed on me
to come back and answer them.
When we got back I was told to pay
landing and aerodrome fee which
ordinarily we could pay later.
“Even after completion of the
process of payment, we were still
delayed for one hour, fifteen
minutes with the governor still
seated in the aircraft. Ordinarily
payment of such fees doesn’t take
more than ten minutes. This is not
the first time I have been flying the
governor and we have never
witnessed such a disappointment. It
is really shocking,” Mr. Manahash
stated.
The aviation ministry
spokesperson, however, explained
that the pilot was only invited to fill
his manifest and make necessary
payments.
“The governor came down got
angry while all this was happening,
said they were wasting his time
and walked out, the helicopter was
not grounded at all,” Mr. Datti said.
Mr. Datti said most of the pilots
flying Very Important Personalities
(VIPs) tend to break the ministry’s
rules. He said pilots should, for
their safety and to avoid time
wasting by any of the aviation
parastatals, drop the VIP mentality,
settle necessary bills, and follow
procedures which normally don’t
take so much time.
premium time
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by fratochi: 3:42am On Jun 08, 2013
Omen100:

Are you so blind that you can't read between the line were the pilot said that such payment can alsways be paid later & that he has being piloting for 37years & 7years in Nigeria airspace? what are even the problems with all you buttlickers? must president jonathan always have his way?
angry angry angry angry
.........I think the problem here is that we nigerians and more unfortunately the elites has benefited so much from the loopholes and corruption in our system that whenever the system turns around and catch up with us we start crying foul and wiping up unnecessary sentiments. For goodness sakes, why should a V.I.P air craft that conveys a governor owe airline dues? Why should an experienced air pilot not know when he is supposed to pay his dues? Is the federal authourities supposed to close their eyes to the corruption and lawlessness of the citizenry because of their political position or because of their biased comments on social media like this one? The law is a respecter of no one, let us do our part first and see if we will be 'victimized' for doing the right thing. God bless us all.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by charles424(m): 4:52am On Jun 08, 2013
Omen100:

Are you so blind that you can't read between the line were the pilot said that such payment can alsways be paid later & that he has being piloting for 37years & 7years in Nigeria airspace? what are even the problems with all you buttlickers? must president jonathan always have his way?
angry angry angry angry

Thank u my brother...he said after payments they were still delayed for one and a half hour,what is all these political witch hunting,,,is GEJ using NAMMA or wat do they call it as OBJ use efcc against their political opponents? Well thank God Osho baba is still living..who knows?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by fortunejum: 5:30am On Jun 08, 2013
The proper thing there is to pay before you fly.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by MarcoP: 6:32am On Jun 08, 2013
Omen100:

angry angry angry angry

You are even more dead brain than the criminal pilot who cannot do such in his own country.

Are laws made for only the poor in nigeria? There is too much executive recklessness in this country.

So does the decision of NAMA to wake up and do their job connect this incidence to GEJ and NGF Election. Nonesense and sensationalised reporting typical of Nigerian media.

...SMH for ignoramus that will come here to insult GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 08, 2013
solomon111: oh pls shut up.
Is Edo state as politically complex or economically pivotal as rivers state?
Mscheww.
THAT IS A BLOODY IDIOT ACN RANTING & raving his small mouth,...and AS 4U ARE THKI YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTIN LIKE POLITICS GO VERIFY HISTORY IN NIGERIA, RIVER STATE ARE YOUNG LAUDS STILL COMING UP,.... EDO STATE MEN ARE LIKE WATER BECOZ EVERY1 NEEDS IT 4SURVIVE,...
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Myself2(m): 7:49am On Jun 08, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Is it Air-burn or Airborne

Some Nigerian journalists sef.

This one appears to be in such haste to attach political coloration to the saga and mislead the public,rather than ensure his spellings are correct
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2013
ujoinme:
What has decorum to do with paying allotted fees/tarrif? Real Decorum is paying all fees on time.It is your contourted interpretation of the word status/decorum that swells the heads of any Nigerian in authority and give them the air of invincibility, such that their pilot/drivers/PA/boy boy/ family feel because of their ogas status, required fees should not be paid?
Guy the country losses revenue when this goes on.
I know Even Gov. Adams will agree with me on this. He spent his lifetime fighting for the rights of nigerian workers.
and the article said he asked the pilot to go do the right thing. Pay your dues and taxes to the government thats the duty of every citizen to his country. Nigerian citizen irrespective of status are not excluded from that rule. and stop blaming politics for everything.

Go and ask how such fees are settled in the aviation industry....

The truth is all we are doing here is working on incomplete information. The more the aviation folks only see the opposition politicians and those that don't agree with GEJ as culprit ..the more it's hard for people not to insinuate political persecution
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by bongila(f): 8:24am On Jun 08, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop trying to intellectually defend the indefensible my guy...the status of the Governor on-board the chopper should have been enough guarantee. Whether you like it or not he is not just an ordinary Nigerian and therefore deserve some decorum of respect....

Do you honestly believed that those that made the recall were not acting on instruction from higher authority or you actually agree that the recall is routine?
According to you,NAMA officials cleared the flight for take-off,speed-dialled GEJ,recalled the flight,grounded it,delayed the pilot and passenger to teach Baba Osho a lesson innit?
Yeye dey smell! GEJ,you don suffer.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Myself2(m): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2013
bongila:
According to you,NAMA officials cleared the flight for take-off,speed-dialled GEJ,recalled the flight,grounded it,delayed the pilot and passenger to teach Baba Osho a lesson innit?

No be small thing
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Myself2(m): 8:27am On Jun 08, 2013
ilugunboy:

Go and ask how such fees are settled in the aviation industry....

The truth is

Hollllld it there,point of correction;your view,not the truth
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by mrtidy(m): 8:59am On Jun 08, 2013
wether its intimidation from the presidency or wherever the bottom lime is people in power should be made to follow the law and due process. Do you travel ifesinachi or God is Good on credit to come and pay later?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by segiwest(m): 9:07am On Jun 08, 2013
chidindufrank: They don't want to pay tax, yet, they wants to be flying on the air. Thunder fire anybody that calls this political feud. Salaries are paid to governors at the end of every month. They better pay the air-tax or enter Taxi ASAP

I think the story was clear enough... "Chartered flight"... Or you don't know the meaning of chartered? #Damnit
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Peterwins(m): 9:19am On Jun 08, 2013
When newsmen met with the pilot, Captain Manahash, he expressed shocked over the incident, asserting that “I have been a pilot for 35 years out of which 7 years in Nigeria. So I was surprised when I was recalled back to the airport after we took off. The Governor prevailed on me to come back and answer them. When we got back I was told to pay landing and aerodrome fee which ordinarily we could pay later.

Doing the wrong thing for the past 7 years in Nigeria does not make it right. Is this global best practice?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Peterwins(m): 9:26am On Jun 08, 2013
The Governor prevailed on me to come back and answer them

Really? From an experienced pilot!!!! No wonder we have unnecessary plane crashes in Nigeria. Could this same pilot disregard aviation rules in another country.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by HAH: 9:29am On Jun 08, 2013
mrtidy: wether its intimidation from the presidency or wherever the bottom lime is people in power should be made to follow the law and due process. Do you travel ifesinachi or God is Good on credit to come and pay later?

My friend you are pedestrian in aviation matters, worldwide landing and airspace fees are post paid, don't display your ignorance here and compare buses with aeroplane.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Peterwins(m): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2013
But to the chagrin of the Governor and the pilot, they were delayed for over one hour thirty minutes even after the pilot paid the landing and aerodrome fees

A good punishment for violating procedures.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Sirniyeh(m): 9:39am On Jun 08, 2013
Oshomole should be thanking God. Initial plan was to crash the helicopter but all their plans failed. That was why they took another measure. All other political personalities should be vigilant before OCT 1.
THE VOICE SPOKEN
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 08, 2013
Why did NAMA officials waited for the chopper to be airborn before coming to their senceses.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Peterwins(m): 9:41am On Jun 08, 2013
Politics or not, why do politicians and non-politicians like circumventing the laws/procedures and then complain of witch-hunting.

A few years ago, my friend was fined by the FRSC for not putting on his seat belt. Guess what? My friend had the effrontery to accuse the FRSC officials for being selective as he saw some other motorists without their seat belt.

If a PDP member get fined by LASMA for violating the Lagos state traffic rules, will he also accuse the ACN of witch-hunting. What if same happens to an ACN politician in a PDP governed State.

They all travel to developed countries and observe their laws or get fined appropriately. Then they come back to Nigeria and start acting as gangsters.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by donem: 9:48am On Jun 08, 2013
Its very obvious political pranks was played in other for Oshiomoles flight to be delayed, but i believe in every disappointment there is a blessing, who knows what would have transpired on his way coming back from the burial had he attended it, just like the case of late Yakowa.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by deletrue: 9:49am On Jun 08, 2013
The details found was that the governor was heading to Iyamho, his village. Meaning he lied. Offence no. one. If nema decided to change the way things were done and now ask pilot to pay before take off, it is not an offence considering the prevailing circumstances, especially the desperate operational methods of acn etc.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Peterwins(m): 9:51am On Jun 08, 2013
The ill fated DANA airline crash could have been avoided if the airline operators and regulators have simply observed all procedures. Perhaps if that plane had some VIP (Governors, Senators, etc) on board, GEJ would have been accused of silencing the opposition.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 08, 2013
Myself2:

Hollllld it there,point of correction;your view,not the truth

Since you know and have the complete information..why not share it with us? undecided
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 08, 2013
bongila:

Well...suit yourself to ascribe context to my comment....
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by uchedydy: 10:04am On Jun 08, 2013
ilugunboy: Why is Jonah fighting everybody through his proxies in the aviation industry?

Why must they recall an already airborne flight (with all the attendant risk) when the issue at stake can always wait and be resolved later.

Only a mischievous person will not read more into this than just civil aviation procedure.
BECAUSE PEOPLE WONT STOP DOING THE WRONG TYNS, SO IF I IMPREGNATE MY ENEMIES DAUGHTER AND HE COMES BREAKING MY HEAD, WUD I CALL IT AN ENMITY DRIVEN ATTACK. LET DEM DO THE RIGHT TYN FIRST, GUESS THE ATTACK WILL NT COME FROM THERE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alleged Certificate Forgery, Perjury: Kaduna Forum Wants Shehu Sani Suspended / Why Are Nigerian States Mostly One-city States? / Yakubu Gowon Visits Ambode (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.