Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,220 members, 7,953,811 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... (29373 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / 5 Different Kinds Of annoying Persons You Meet When Buying Suya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by realitiescom(m): 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
oluwadare26: Take Eba for Breakfast,
Take Garri for Lunch,
Take Amala for Dinner.,
Bros, forget u go get this thing...

U wan kill am ?
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by DoffMan2: 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
Eat small meals every 2-3 hours, about six meals a day. About 40% Lean meat/fish, 40% complex carbs, 20% veg. Try and avoid anything white (bread, yam, garri etc, except after gym), instead eat sweet potatoes, brown rice, brown pasta, unripe plantains, brown bread etc. Avoid PALM OIL!! Reduce to minimum egg yoke (1 egg yoke per 7 egg whites). No more shaki, abodi etc., just extra lean meat.

Sleep 7-8 hours daily. Drink lots of water especially before and after meals.

Forget about fruits except before or after gym.

Must hit the gym!! Start light and increase steadily. No short cuts, its a long thing. Consistency.

2 Likes

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Culbobby(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ok,here is the deal. Always drink enough water daily(8Ltrs),to add weight you need to start eating big and rich,the daily recommended calorie intake to remain the way u are is 2000-2500,so to add weight you need to increase your calorie intake to 3000(eat 6 times a day)break ur meals into smaller portions and eat every 2hours after breakfast,get supplements(supradyn). Make sure you sleep properly everyday and if possible always have a siesta. Start a bodybuilding exercise routine and stick 2 it. To bulk-up u need to go with compound exercises(benchpress,squat,deadlift...e.t.c)...gym summary,carbs gives u strength to lift weights while protein builds u up. I was once like,so i know better.ciao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
dont you av a doctor that can give an advice? or your internet bandwidth is limited to nairaland, that u can't visit google? undecided
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by daminho(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Chai see replies ....una DON high, guy best soln if u can afford it...protein shakes and co.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by AbuMikey(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
Lemme watch this thread......I have same problem too
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by claremont(m): 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
@OP: Google Body Mass Index (BMI) and get your BMI stats. As long as you are within the healthy range of BMI, then it shouldn't really matter if you are skinny. There are some people who would always be skinny regardless of what they eat.

Be that as it may, you can get a better muscle definition if you have a protein-rich diet combined with gym work.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by partner5: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
Get Amino Acid 6000
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by fatjo(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
jackbauersballs: Ask Agberos wetin dem dey chop...

Them no dey dey chop Balanced Diet but them dey Grab muzzle pass Arnold

My Suggestion? Go and take up duties at your local motor park and see your physique bulk up significantly
lol...omfg

1 Like

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by 2scorehigh(m): 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
OP, I'm guessing you are an ectomorph.

And if that's the case, then there's little or nothing you can do about gaining weight because even if you eat as much protein as you can, you'll always find out that you lose weight faster than you can gain it.

But one thing you might start to do as from now, try to always eat up your food very fast.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
chop a lot of ibo fufu..
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by logica(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2013

My Suggestion? Go and take up duties at your local motor park and see your physique bulk up significantly
E no reach Arnold own though. But I suspect their diet of Ewa-Agoyin with Pafun plays an important part.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by deebrain(m): 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
the gym will do it for u... But quite frankly...so many funny suggestions in this thread.grin

2 Likes

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by kbdrim(m): 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
nice thread
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by katordidi(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
some of y'all jst need to smoke some weed and see if it dont help de quality of ur life
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by robo247(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
Much has been said my guy. But also, there r some persons who need rest before they get fat. So eat well and sleep well. Have good rest. And see wat u bcome. Enjoy.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by zhirinmai(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
chassity002: Eat wheat, wheat and wheat again. Do this for 6 weeks and you will be surprised with the result. I'm speaking from experience. Again, you can add plenty of peanuts(groundnuts) to your meal also. It is a great source of protein and contains high calorie. The fat content is even good for heart.
Yeah U right
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
Wait until you are done adding height, the flesh should come.

1 Like

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Originalsly: 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
Be careful what you wish for. At this stage of your life you may remain thin but later on when your metabolism slows down you are likely to gain lots of weight. Find out from your father if he was thin while a teenager and when did he hmmmm...start puffing up.The same may happen to you.My advice is to eat a wide variety of foods and be active as in playing football or doing manual work. Do that and your body will take care of itself.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Youngzedd(m): 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
ebamma 3: you are suffering from [B]Garrilackosis[/b]
which refers to the lack of garri in the body,
try eating atleast 10cups of garri everyday,

Onye!!!!!!
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by JuicyGee(f): 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
someone said dat wen yu worry about getting fat, it wont come. Just relax ur mind.. I have a male frnd who is 6'2, 18yrs, skinny, not lyk skinny skinny, atleast he looks nourished nd have some flesh, he actually looks great. I'm 5'8, 18yrs. I used to worry dat i wnt 2 get fat coz of aw ppl make jest of me, i stopped worrying, Nw i'm more mature nd a little bit fatter nw, getting fat is de last tin on ma mind. I just love my stature nd ppl nw compliment me. Slim ppl rock.

1 Like

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Youngzedd(m): 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2013

LMAO

You said it all.
Join the league, just within 3 months you will look like Big Show or Undertaker.

Seeeeeeee suggestions....
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
Eat alot of proteins(beans,eggs,red meat,turkey and fish),eat lots of vegetbles and fruits,i mean ALOT...!DRINK alot of water,eat groundnuts and also consider taking yogurt wit low sugar...!Gym but dnt over gym,after d gym drink low fat milk...!Take multivitamins supplement dat contains fish oil or omega 3 fatty acid or just go 4 mainly fish oil supplement.Luck
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Foodconsumer(m): 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
obadiah777: BEANS-PROTEIN. LOTS OF BEANS. HAVING SAID ALL THAT YOUR METABOLISM MAY BE FAST. IF YOU ARE A TEENAGER YOU CANT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. WAIT TILL YOU GET TO YOUR MID TO LATE TWENTIES WHEN YOUR METABOLISM SLOWS DOWN THEN YOU WILL START TO FILL OUT
Good one bro!
Some funny replies here, thanks y'all...
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by JuicyGee(f): 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
akinzy_akin: Bones of lizards enhanced press up flexibility den ur muscle on itz wae

OMG! Suggestions im seeing on dis thread are so hilarious, lwkmd.
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Adufaye(m): 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hmmm we both hv dsame height......I hv muscles nd I dnt even kw †ђξ uses,I wonder y u need it! It dosent it make1 strong or rich.....I guess it give's shape 2 da body nd makes cloth suit 1evry well,I don't amend ma cloths.......I can only advice u 2 pray nd eat eba nd beans nd milk regularly or u wait FФЯ nature 2 take its plc!

Bt my belle don dy big nd no jst knw weitin I go do! I no dy take beer ooh......
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by IYANGBALI: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
Obe ayan,kokoro,labalaba,alayun bere,omo le,ejo ati eba tutu would do the magic
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by IYANGBALI: 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
Emmadani: Eat alot of proteins(beans,eggs,red meat,turkey and fish),eat lots of vegetbles and fruits,i mean ALOT...!DRINK alot of water,eat groundnuts and also consider taking yogurt wit low sugar...!Gym but dnt over gym,after d gym drink low fat milk...!Take multivitamins supplement dat contains fish oil or omega 3 fatty acid or just go 4 mainly fish oil supplement.Luck
stop wasting your time,the guy no get money to do all these
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
Emmadani: Eat alot of proteins(beans,eggs,red meat,turkey and fish),eat lots of vegetbles and fruits,i mean ALOT...!DRINK alot of water,eat groundnuts and also consider taking yogurt wit low sugar...!Gym but dnt over gym,after d gym drink low fat milk...!Take multivitamins supplement dat contains fish oil or omega 3 fatty acid or just go 4 mainly fish oil supplement.Luck
and this is vry important...."Ur mind",even if u eat evry tin in dis world without relaxing ur mind,u wil neva get result.Just stop worrying n relax ur mind,think less,get lots of sleep....!Relax ur mind n chill like dis CHARLIE,omo ur muscle n ur body as a whole wil not just buildup but u wil av a great skin tone.

Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by IYANGBALI: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
murimoney: dont you av a doctor that can give an advice? or your internet bandwidth is limited to nairaland, that u can't visit google? undecided
he came here because we all medical doctors on NL
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Foodconsumer(m): 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
Originalsly: Find out from your father if he was thin while a teenager
i asked him just now and "lo and behold", he was!!
Re: Kinds Of Food I Need To Increase My Muscles... by Foodconsumer(m): 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
IYA NGBALI: stop wasting your time,the guy no get money to do all these
re you sure?? No offense intended!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Poses With An Antelope They Killed At Her Community In Anambra State. / Surviving This Economy: Cheap And Healthy Food & Soup Tips. / What Is The Price Of Titus Sardine In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.