Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Pagan9ja - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pagan9ja (9583 Views)

Where Is Pagan9ja / Occupy Nairaland: Free Pagan9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
deols:

Lol. I dont have to convert you. There are people like tbaba who can.

give me the thread where she mentioned her thought about leaving Islam.
[i][/i] I don't remember, it is pretty old you know, why do you react like you have never been in doubt? I no you won't admit it so don't bother.
Re: Pagan9ja by deols(f): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: [i][/i] I don't remember, it is pretty old you know, why do you react like you have never been in doubt? I no you won't admit it so don't bother.

lol.

Allah guides. I pray you are guided. Amin.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
deols:

lol.

Allah guides. I pray you are guided. Amin.

Inch Allah
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
where's that Tbaba?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

I'm not very comfortable with a woman converting me, no offence..
Wait, cameroonpride what on earth is this supposed to mean?

1 Like

Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
fellis:
it simply means, that I don't want to see and learn Islam from a woman's prism or point of view, I think our genders influence the way we think and behave, the way we see things around us, from our roles in the society and esp in Islam ..I don't think women and men see Islam the same way or think alike
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
fellis:
wow, I hope you don't think it was anti woman statement grin
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: wow, I hope you don't think it was anti woman statement grin
Wow, cameroon, you must think I am a five year old child if you expect me to believe that explanation you gave.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
fellis:
Wow, cameroon, you must think I am a five year old child if you expect me to believe that explanation you gave.

am I supposed to lie? What could b the reason then? undecided
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
^No you're not supposed to lie.
CAMEROONPRIDE: [i][color=#990000] it simply means, that I don't want to see and learn Islam from a woman's prism or point of view,
And you expect me to see things from a man's prism or point of view or why are you talking of converting me?
I think our genders influence the way we think and behave, the way we see things around us, from our roles in the society and esp in Islam ..I don't think women and men see Islam the same way
Alright, so if our genders affect how we think and this is why you don't want a woman to convert you (because you don't want to think like her) then why are you, a male, trying to convert me? Its wrong for you to think like a woman but its ok for me to think like a man abi?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
you raised a good point, but , pagan and Islam are different as I pointed in my explanation, the roles of the women and men in Islam are very different, in fact women and men don't have the same place and don't practice the same way ,unlike in paganism where we are all equal..have the same functions and practice the same way. So a man teaching you paganism is like a woman teaching you paganism and Vice versa ,however you can still insist on having a woman if you want.

1 Like

Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
fellis: ^No you're not supposed to lie.

And you expect me to see things from a man's prism or point of view or why are you talking of converting me?

Alright, so if our genders affect how we think and this is why you don't want a woman to convert you (because you don't want to think like her) then why are you, a male, trying to convert me? Its wrong for you to think like a woman but its ok for me to think like a man abi?

You got me wrong, I don't want a woman to teach me Islam because she will project her role on me .

Usually answers to questions about Islam vary from men to women
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you raised a good point, but , pagan and Islam are different as I pointed in my explanation, the roles of the women and men in Islam are very different, in fact women and men don't have the same place and don't practice the same way[b] ,unlike in paganism where we are all equal[/b]..have the same functions and practice the same way. So a man teaching you paganism is like a woman teaching you paganism and Vice versa ,however you can still insist on having a woman if you want.
If we are all equal inpaganism then why are men the only ones that are allowed to head the house? Or in your own version of paganism do women lead homes? Why can a man marry many wives but a woman cannot marry many husbands?
Abegi
There is male superiority in paganism don't even try to deny it
Re: Pagan9ja by onila(f): 11:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
demonic Nigga!
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
You got me wrong, I don't want a woman to teach me Islam because she will project her role on me .

Usually answers to questions about Islam vary from men to women
You said before that our genders influence the way we see things and the way we think and behave. That means your male gender will influence the way you see paganism and the way you teach it to me as opposed to how a woman will teach it.
Also, muslim women don't project their role on whoever they try to convert. I am not even sure I know what that statement means ie projecting roles
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
If we are all equal inpaganism then why are men the only ones that are allowed to head the house? Or in your own version of paganism do women lead homes? Why can a man marry many wives but a woman cannot marry many husbands?
Abegi

I think you should be careful with the choices of your words, what do you mean by : " why are men the only ones allowed to head the houses"? Do we go somewhere(court etc) and someone always gives the leading role to men?
You see now , why I asked you your ethnicity because your paganism is deeply or will be deeply influenced by the place women have in your society/ethnicity, for example if women are seen as properties among Edo it is not because that they are pagan that the perception will change etc. However, you should keep in mind that patriarchy or male domination didn't exist back then, white and Arabs are the one who put that in place in Africa .as for marrying many wives, again it depends of your culture or your ethnicity views on that.there are ethnicity in the world where women marry many men and vice versa. So the question that you should ask is what was the role and the place of the woman in the Edo society before colonization, Christianity and Islam.
What do you mean by male superiority?

I
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 11, 2013
onila: demonic Nigga!
wash your mouth
Re: Pagan9ja by onila(f): 12:11am On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: wash your mouth
angry go and attend yr catholic church

to go and yr cleanse yrself
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
You said before that our genders influence the way we see things and the way we think and behave. That means your male gender will influence the way you see paganism and the way you teach it to me as opposed to how a woman will teach it.
Also, muslim women don't project their role on whoever they try to convert. I am not even sure I know what that statement means ie projecting roles
paganism has rules and they are for everyone.we don't have rules for males and rules for women. We pray the Same way. Etc

okay, let me give you an example, when I ask women why they wear the hijab most of them don't know how to answer or they will say to stay pure, some answer that they only wear it to pray. When I ask men why a woman Must or should wear the hijab their answers are straight : for others men to not look her way etc .so if my prof was a woman I would think wearing the hijab is maybe to pray or whatever reasons women think they are wearing it .like I said the perception of Islam or even interpretation are different for both genders. A male Muslim is different from a female Muslim. You can't say the same for Christians or pagans.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 11, 2013
onila: angry go and attend yr catholic church

to go and yr cleanse yrself

No thanks, I'm bwiti
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: paganism has rules and they are for everyone.we don't have rules for males and rules for women. We pray the Same way. Etc

okay, let me give you an example, when I ask women why they wear the hijab most of them don't know how to answer or they will say to stay pure, some answer that they only wear it to pray. When I ask men why a woman Must or should wear the hijab their answers are straight : for others men to not look her way etc .so if my prof was a woman I would think wearing the hijab is maybe to pray or whatever reasons women think they are wearing it .like I said the perception of Islam or even interpretation are different for both genders. A male Muslim is different from a female Muslim. You can't say the same for Christians or pagans.

That's is differences in individual perceptions, it is not related to male or female genders. Different Men have different undertanding of their religion and women have different understanding of their religion. It has to do with individuals and not gender.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 11, 2013
I am going to round some things up and go to bed, I have to get up early tommorow so I won't be able to reply anymore
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:

That's is differences in individual perceptions, it is not related to male or female genders. Different Men have different undertanding of their religion and women have different understanding of their religion. It has to do with individuals and not gender.

It has everything to do with gender, most stuffs in Islam have been forced onto women without giving them any explanation, thats why most of them unfortunately do or practice like robots, the people knowing what is Islam are 95% men , how many women clerics or imams do you know?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 11, 2013
fellis: I am going to round some things up and go to bed, I have to get up early tommorow so I won't be able to reply anymore

np, have a good night.
Re: Pagan9ja by SlyIg(f): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: why do you guys persecute us that much? undecided undecidedleave us alone
you told me the other day that you're an Akwa Ibomite. Who and what is pushing you into this rubbish called Paganism.
If you've accepted the Western technology and style, what is stopping you from accepting the christianity that came with all these good things.
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:36am On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
Abegi

Hi Fellis,

you got it wrong there. The role of men in households depends on your ethnic custom. This falls under the category of culture. Not all aspects of culture are of religious nature and vice versa. As in this case, these household roles are not dictated by Pagan religions. For example, in Pre-islamic Arabia, women held extremely high levels of s.exual and positional freedom, could have many husbands, could be leaders and hold high position jobs (as in the case of muhammad's wife Fatima who was a merchantwoman), could lead armies (as in the case of the Pagan Quraysh women-war leaders aganist the muslims. you must have heard of HInd Al-Hunnud who was a famous Pagan warrior against the muslims), could become priestesses (as in the case of the many women Soothsayers mentioned in the Hadeeth - prophet muhammads grandfather himself visited one; and during the Ridda wars), etc.

During the rise of islam, the chief oponents to it were the women of Arabia, because they knew they stood to lose their freedom.

APart from the Arabs, many other Pagan tribes around the world are matriarchal:

The Tuareg and most northern African tribes in the past, including the Hausa (we had a long line of Queens ruling us),

most (if not all) tribes of North and South America, many tribes of ancient europe, most tribes of SOuthern India (in the past and now, from the tribal areas), and some parts of South-East Asia.
my own friend belongs to a matriarchal tribe from South Asia.

there are many Polyandrous tribes in the world, mostly from those mentioned above.

it all depends on tribal custom.

whereas in islam, it is dictated by religion and in the Qur'an.
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:38am On Jun 11, 2013
SlyIg: you told me the other day that you're an Akwa Ibomite. Who and what is pushing you into this rubbish called Paganism.
If you've accepted the Western technology and style, what is stopping you from accepting the christianity that came with all these good things.

christianity impeded the progress of technology, as is noticed in the Middle Ages and Dark Ages.
infact most inventors/scientists were atheists.

christianity and the colonial push brought more bad things, than good things. most of the good things they brought, was just to further their bad motives.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 11, 2013
SlyIg: you told me the other day that you're an Akwa Ibomite. Who and what is pushing you into this rubbish called Paganism.
rubbish? How dare you? What do you know about paganism? And no I'm not Akwa ibom, but you guys are our brothers and sisters. You are more close to us than any group in Naija
Re: Pagan9ja by deols(f): 11:07am On Jun 11, 2013
I see cameroon trying to twist things when Fellis arrived.

Pagan9ja needs to work harder. The prophet didnt marry Fatima and Hind wasnt particularly a warrior. She only sponsored one to the battle of Uhud.

@Fellis, please tell me Cameroon was only drooling jare. smiley
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 11, 2013
deols: I see cameroon trying to twist things when Fellis arrived.

Pagan9ja needs to work harder. The prophet didnt marry Fatima and Hind wasnt particularly a warrior. She only sponsored one to the battle of Uhud.

what do you mean again miss deols? All my comments are here I didn't edit anything , how am I twisting the truth? Are you denying what I said so far?
Are you going to say that generals who ain't on the war front are not warriors?
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:37am On Jun 11, 2013
deols:

sorry its his daughter. anyways thats not the point. she was still powerful back then in the early years around the Pagan days.

Hind was a warrior. she didn't pay for it. she lead the army.
Re: Pagan9ja by deols(f): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

sorry its his daughter. anyways thats not the point. she was still powerful back then in the early years around the Pagan days.

Hind was a warrior. she didn't pay for it. she lead the army.

Hind was safe in that battle only because the rules of engagement in Islam disallows the killing of women, children and slaves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Callotti's NL. . .Public PM. NO E-MAILS!!! Please, Feel Free Here, / Obafemi Awolowo: Nigeria Is Not A Nation. It Is A Mere Geographical Expression.. / N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.