Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Pagan9ja - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pagan9ja (9589 Views)

Where Is Pagan9ja / Occupy Nairaland: Free Pagan9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pagan9ja by onila(f): 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

I got you.
Ps: accomplishments are relative
okay i don hear

go sit down
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you to shout men domination if men are more skilled. Since you think this way, what if I feel more comfortable around men? I mean I only employ skilled men. Before you jump on me , I'm not talking about taking unskilled men over skilled women, I'm talking about two job seekers with the same skills but I only take men? Will you call that discrimination? [/color][/i]
In this situation, what is important is your intention for choosing only males and since you said it is because you are comfortable around males then you should ask yourself why are you comfortable around only males? What is the reason for this? Is it because of some prejudice or bias you have against women? Because if that is the reason then you are definitely discriminating.
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:

So pagan9ja what is your religion's stand on the issue of genders? Are they equal or is one superior to the other?

I told you before Madame. Religion is separate from moral, societal and legal issues in Paganism.

However Paganism does not consider everything/everyone on this world is created equal because that is the base truth. look around you and you will realise.
At the same time , Paganism believes that we are all equal as we are all "creations/living beings" and are liable to a right to thrive upto our capabilities and our respective spheres, i.e., our maximum potential .

makes sense?

Therefore we conduct human sacrifices as well as animal sacrifices. if animals are capable to be sacrificed , then why not humans?

In the same way, if men are able to lead, then why not women? Therefore PAgan women have more rights almost equal if not at times more rights than/as men.

This is a religious outlook, which is usually reflected in former/present tribal cultures.

Its a bit complicated to understand but I hope you get the gist?

Fellis, I dont think it necessary to create a separate thread for you to learn Paganism, now that you are already here.

I think we can do it here. If you have any questions about Paganism, or about islam ,etc., we can sort it out here.

Welcome to the World of Paganism. wink
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
I told you before what I thought the origin of the whole thing is ie males being providers and hence being heads/seen as superiors.
The belief has been further propagated or encouraged by religious teaching.

First of all, tell me why you think your daughters should not be allowed to go out while your sons should be allowed to go out.

The attitude of most males led me to have this belief. Tell me cameroon pride, why do you ask this question?

[i][/i] I'm very interested by what they do. Don't you think it has more to with lack of home training than a pseudo male domination/superiority?

I think girls are more vulnerable
Re: Pagan9ja by deols(f): 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
@Cameroonpride, I Wonder from where your faith surfaced. You know close to nothing about the pagan religion you profess.

na real wa for you
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
queen_of_sheba: Lol i was born and bred in the States and No i can not marry a Pagan or anyone of a different religion

what if he is the Oba of Benin and he is handsome and single and commands you to do so?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
deols: @Cameroonpride, I Wonder from where your faith surfaced. You know close to nothing about the pagan religion you profess.

na real wa for you

God reveled it to me. Are you saying Mohamed knew about Islam before his pseudo revelation? And I know more than you do about Bwiti so don't worry for me, how many times should we tell you, that paganism is not centralized?
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
onila:

women are respected to an extent in our hometowns in Nigeria

but Nigeria still remains a patriarchal society esp when it comes to culture

actually the scenario is a bit different among Middle-Belt tribes and Kafiri tribes of Adamawa, etc.

I know a MArghyii lady who left her husband and took her son with her after her husband convert to islam from Paganism. The son is now working abroad I think. .
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
In this situation, what is important is your intention for choosing only males and since you said it is because you are comfortable around males then you should ask yourself why are you comfortable around only males? What is the reason for this? Is it because of some prejudice or bias you have against women? Because if that is the reason then you are definitely discriminating.

what if I'm shy , and women scare me?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

[i][/i] I'm very interested by what they do. Don't you think it has more to with lack of home training than a pseudo male domination/superiority?

I think girls are more vulnerable
Girls were more vulnerable in the past where weapons for self defence were not as sophisticated as they are today. Pen knives, pepper spray and for females over 18, fire arms.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

what if I'm shy , and women scare me?

Why do they scare you?
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

God reveled it to me. Are you saying Mohamed knew about Islam before his pseudo revelation? And I know more than you do about Bwiti so don't worry for me, how many times should we tell you, that paganism is not centralized?

about that, it was not revealed to him as it was revealed to you, Prophet Cameroon. grin wink

unlike your divine revelation, muhammad actually learnt it from a christian priest named Bahira, whome he met on one of his travels (when he was still Pagan), to Blad Al-Sham, i.e, the Levant, around modern-day Syria.

the christian priest thought him the bible ,etc. Also being a Quraysh tribesman, he went on frequent trading expeditions to the North and was therefore exposed to christianity, judaism and slightly monotheistic Zoroastrianism.

He then realized there was an open market down South for these New ideas in the Pagan lands of Arabia and that how he brought his blasphemous acts and corrupted the once Great Arab peoples.

In the second journey of muhammad to Syria, he met the christian Priest Nestorius. It was when, he was twenty-five. Khadija (May Allah Please with her) sent his servant Maisarah and Muhammad to sham for business. When they turned up Basara they got in beneath a tree. There was an inn of a Christian priest, named nestoius (Nesthura). The priest said pointing to Muhammad. ‘he is none but a Prophet’. Maisarah could experience in the journey, many extraordinary things, the remarks of this monk being one, the spreading of shadows by clouds and exceeding profit being other examples.

The third priest whom Prophet met was Waraqath ibn Noufal. Apart from the previous two encounters, this was a deliberate one. Khadija , intentionally approached Waraqa, with Muhammad, when he had the first experience of revelation in the cave Hira. Waraqa was at first a Jew, but being fed up with the practice of idolatry, he migrated and embraced Christianity.
Christian writers allege that prophet had repeatedly visited Waraqath who could write in Arabic and Hebrew. David Samual Margoliouth writes: ‘Waraqa, son of Noufal, cousin of Khadija, is likely to have had much to do with the beginning of Islam. He is credited with having translated the Gospel, or part of one, into Arabic. It was probably the Gospel of Nativity and was afterward useful to the Prophet’

The authoritative doctrines of islam say that this meeting was soon after the first revelation in the cave of Hira.

This clearly proves that he received no revelation from any God in a cave and that his relevation was from christian priests.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
we are still talking about that..ah ah , the girl screamed like if I was a vampire. Then blah blah blah , then do you pray? Do you believe in God? How do you(position and what I say) etc more blah blah, do you have a reveled book like the bible and the Quran? Actually we are discussing about the revelation of the Quran( I told her that the Quran can't b considered as a revelation
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

[i][color=#990000] God reveled it to me.
God revealed paganism to you? Man you can lie.... You've forgotten that you said it was pagan9ja that introduced you to paganism abi?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

about that, it was not revealed to him as it was revealed to you, Prophet Cameroon. grin wink

unlike your divine revelation, muhammad actually learnt it from a christian priest named Bahira, whome he met on one of his travels (when he was still Pagan), to Blad Al-Sham, i.e, the Levant, around modern-day Syria.

the christian priest thought him the bible ,etc. Also being a Quraysh tribesman, he went on frequent trading expeditions to the North and was therefore exposed to christianity, judaism and slightly monotheistic Zoroastrianism.

He then realized there was an open market down South for these New ideas in the Pagan lands of Arabia and that how he brought his blasphemous acts and corrupted the once Great Arab peoples.
I heard he got rejected by the Jews/Christians thats why he hated them so much.
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
I heard he got rejected by the Jews/Christians thats why he hated them so much.

no Im not sure about that. He hated jews because of christianity I guess. this again proves the christian influence to his thoughts.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
God revealed paganism to you? Man you can lie.... You've forgotten that you said it was pagan9ja that introduced you to paganism abi?

no, pagan told me more about it ,the concept, but God opened my mind and made me know that I'm on the wrong path, also he's the one who made me come across pagan and accept his message.yes God set up my mind. I lie very rarely and I hate when someone call me a liar

1 Like

Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no Im not sure about that. He hated jews because of christianity I guess. this again proves the christian influence to his thoughts.

but there's a passage in the Quran, where he said: " beware of Jews and Christians, they are. Not your friends
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

but there's a passage in the Quran, where he said: " beware of Jews and Christians, they are. Not your friends

again the Qurán is full of contradictions. in other places he says they are people of the book and are to be given bit respect.

this is clearly not the work of a man of a God. maybe there was a fall out. I need to research some more.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
@pagan9ja,
Thanks for the expository explanation.
The thing is, culture has to be a part of religion. Both of them cannot exist independently apart.
If a certain group of people decide to follow a set of rules as their culture or way of life, they have to ensure that their god/gods approve of that way of life in order not to offend said god(s).
Whatever culture or cultural practise people choose to follow must be subject to the approval of their deities thus cultures are determined by religion or by what religious dieties approve and disapprove.
I hope you understand me?
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis: @pagan9ja,
Thanks for the expository explanation.
The thing is, culture has to be a part of religion. Both of them cannot exist independently apart.
If a certain group of people decide to follow a set of rules as their culture or way of life, they have to ensure that their god/gods approve of that way of life in order not to offend said god(s).
Whatever culture or cultural practise people choose to follow must be subject to the approval of their deities thus cultures are determined by religion or by what religious dieties approve and disapprove.
I hope you understand me?

You are welcome. You don't need to thank me. or else well be thanking each other a 100 times. wink

I told you before, some parts of culture are related to religion and some are not.
heres an example:

a masquerade costume is cultural and serves a Spiritual/religious purpose.

an Igbo war dance/Ikpirikpi Ogu dance. This is culture. it has nothing to do with Igbo religion (Odinani).

you see where to draw the line?

Its not that they just decide to do so. It is CUlture. it is your behaviour or something like that. its hard to explain. tongue

A tribes culture will never go against its religion, unless its a borrowed one.

I do understand you, but can you give me an example whereby someones culture goes against their (Pagan) religious custom?

Note: most tribal cultures are anti-islam/christianity , so these dont count.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

no, pagan told me more about it ,the concept, but God opened my mind and made me know that I'm on the wrong path, also he's the one who made me come across pagan and accept his message.yes God set up my mind. I lie very rarely and I hate when someone call me a liar

I am so sorry if I upset you. I deeply apologize for making that comment. I had no idea God opened your mind after pagan spoke to you that's why I said that.
Sorry.
So Cameroonpride, I am curious, why do you think God opened your mind? How did you know he was the one telling you paganism was true path? How are you sure it was God doing these things and not just your intuition/gut feeling?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:

I am so sorry if I upset you. I deeply apologize for making that comment. I had no idea God opened your mind after pagan spoke to you that's why I said that.
Sorry.
So Cameroonpride, I am curious, why do you think God opened your mind? How did you know he was the one telling you paganism was true path? How are you sure it was God doing these things and not just your intuition/gut feeling?

it is okay.
Lol, god opened my mind before not after, I will answer the rest later
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:

Why do they scare you?

because I'm shy? Maybe. are you going to call that discrimination?
Re: Pagan9ja by onila(f): 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

You are welcome. You don't need to thank me. or else well be thanking each other a 100 times. wink

I told you before, some parts of culture are related to religion and some are not.
heres an example:

an Igbo war dance/Ikpirikpi Ogu dance. This is culture. it has nothing to do with Igbo religion (Odinani).

you see where to draw the line?

Its not that they just decide to do so. It is CUlture. it is your behaviour or something like that. its hard to explain. tongue

I do understand you, but can you give me an example whereby someones culture goes against their (Pagan) religious custom?

Note: most tribal cultures are anti-islam/christianity , so these dont count.

its sad masquerades are considered evil in Nigeria
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
onila:

its sad masquerades are considered evil in Nigeria

yeah I love masquerades. we used to do many good ones in the North too, but recently some were banned by our rulers.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yeah I love masquerades. we used to do many good ones in the North too, but recently some were banned by our rulers.

Humm, your traditional rulers seem to have a great influence on your life
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Ok, thank you for telling me that tongue tongue tongue grin

Sorry, I couldn't resist grin
Alright enough of the thanking

heres an example:

I understand what your trying to say, however, the masquerade costume, has to be the type that the Gods approve of. It cannot be used if the gods don't like it not so? For instance it has to be a decent costume costume assuming the gods are the type that ordain decent dressing for all occaisions or for religious festivals. In the end, that costume even though its origins are cultural or if it originated from the people, its usage would be determined by the god's stance. If they complain about it then it is changed, if they say nothing or if they don't complain then the people use it cos they assume their god's silence signifies approval.

I can't give such an example, that's why I said cultures and religion go hand in hand.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
I will answer the rest later

Why can't you answer it now? smiley
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Humm, your traditional rulers seem to have a great influence on your life

yes to an extent. but its not so much these days.
Re: Pagan9ja by onila(f): 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

shocked shocked

Yr democratic elected rulers or yr traditional rulers?

if traditional rulers then I am disappointed

traditional rulers protect our cultural heritage n epitomize our heritage

in south south and east Nigeria

its our current day pastors that are preaching against masquerades
saying we are going to be possessed by demons and evil spirits if we watch them tongue
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:

Why can't you answer it now? smiley
I have a call to make, and you need a good answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo: Nigeria Is Not A Nation. It Is A Mere Geographical Expression.. / N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty / Letter To Nairalanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.