Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Naija Lover! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Lover! (1083 Views)

What Do You Call Your Lover In Private? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? / What Pet Name/Names Do You Call Your Lover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Lover! by morpheus24: 9:17pm On May 05, 2008
Hey Guys, need some advice on how to help a friend.

My guy just came back from naija last year and told me heĀ  finally met this girl he's been talking to for about 7months( He got hooked up by a friend in the US). She's quite pretty from the pics and he was quite excited at the prospect of marrying this chick. He pretty much tells me about their conversations and what they talk about and some of the stuff he tells me about her is getting me very suspicious. For example

She no get job for naija and complains she is broke all the time.
She used to go on dating sites on the web (confirmed by my guy)
She send him some provocative pics
She dey ask the guy some kind funny question , Like how mcuh does he make and does he want to invest in naija.
She's very impatient and wants to come to the US.

After coming to conclusion I feel the girl wants to use my guy head. ( I no wan spoil anyone runs but na my guy)

I smell a rat.

How do I approach this
Re: Naija Lover! by morpheus24: 9:52pm On May 05, 2008
No responses, come on people. I need suggestions
Re: Naija Lover! by Ezinwannem: 9:52pm On May 05, 2008
dat one na"marriage by contract", datz what dey in vogue 4 chicks 4 Naija (419 in disguise), let your friend be careful
Re: Naija Lover! by Cadet(f): 10:27pm On May 05, 2008
You're right! She just wants to use your guy embarassed
Re: Naija Lover! by desodgi(m): 10:32pm On May 05, 2008
Yeah, just the same way you want to use me cadet lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Lover! by Cadet(f): 10:40pm On May 05, 2008
@desodgi:

Yeah, just the same way you want to use me cadet lipsrsealed
yes na, I need a new gardener, you seem able enough to get the job done. I need new flowers planted wink
Re: Naija Lover! by desodgi(m): 10:48pm On May 05, 2008
Magha, gardener ko gardener ni.

Why dont you employ me gbon mi si tongue
Re: Naija Lover! by Cadet(f): 10:57pm On May 05, 2008
@desodgi:

Magha, gardener ko gardener ni.

Why don't you employ me gbon mi si tongue
se dat one na yoruba? your yoruba is awful jare!

I'll employ you as my gardener!
Re: Naija Lover! by desodgi(m): 10:59pm On May 05, 2008
Dont tellme you cant read that?#
Wow, you need a yoruba teacher, and I wouldnt mind taking up that space, so after class I can make sure the down garden is neat without scratch. wink
Re: Naija Lover! by Cadet(f): 11:01pm On May 05, 2008
@desodgi:

Dont tellme you can't read that?#
Wow, you need a yoruba teacher, and I wouldnt mind taking up that space, so after class I can make sure the down garden is neat without scratch. wink
Ashewo buruku! face your ax and ada! keep cutting those grasses!
Re: Naija Lover! by desodgi(m): 11:03pm On May 05, 2008
I'll try my possible best if only you can hold still and stop making those funny noise. cheesy
Re: Naija Lover! by Cadet(f): 11:05pm On May 05, 2008
@desodgi:

I'll try my possible best if only you can hold still and stop making those funny noise. cheesy
you think laughing is a funny noise? kai!! bushman!
Re: Naija Lover! by Nobody: 1:02am On May 06, 2008
Echoing Cadet:

You're right! She just wants to use your guy. undecided

Probably.
Re: Naija Lover! by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 06, 2008
She's not the type to marry, just tell your guy two can play the game undecided
Re: Naija Lover! by Tahila(f): 3:10pm On May 06, 2008
All This Sounds Very Fishy

He Should Go && Meet Her First, Spend Some Time With Her

Some Women Will Do Anythin To Get A Ticket Into America
Re: Naija Lover! by morpheus24: 7:03pm On May 06, 2008
He spent sometime with her this past xmas and even met her father and brothers.

I just have a bad feeling about her. I have nothing against dating a girl back home in naija but na high risk venture.

Just yesterday my guy told me she said something like she had annulled a marriage with a guy in the us some years back. Thats what put up red flags for me. I dey enter naija well and see how a lot of girls are on dating sites trying to lure men to naija to marry them carry go.

Like I said I no go knock the hustle BUT@##)
Re: Naija Lover! by omega25red(m): 7:27pm On May 06, 2008
I smell a big ass rat
why don't you tell your friend to find a naija girl here in the U.S? abi na bi force to marry for home?
She is not bringing anything to the table for starters. A woman would not talk to a man who doesn't have a job or future prospects why should men deal with women who have no future prospects but an open mouth for food and hand for money. I can certainly understand some people still being caught up in the old ways of having a house wife and a man that provides all, but in this day and age if you want a woman, find someone who will bring something to the table so that you no fit shakara her and she no fit shakara you life would be so much easier for you.
Re: Naija Lover! by morpheus24: 10:24pm On May 06, 2008
You are so right Omega. Infact My girl can't do shakara for me because I am a badass cook (Compliments of my mama. I thank her very well , otherwis e for be big gbese!). In fact it upsets her that I cook probably better that her.

Like I said no problem with trying to marry from back home vs here in the states. They are pros and cons.

Cons for naija girl in naija:
Money hungry.
Suspect
Devious
arrogant
fronting( unecessarily)
Gra gra to much for body
Want to come overseas
To much overly shakara

Pros for naija girl in Naija
Still a little submissive (which men though they try to say they are modern men really still like this aspect in women.
Can cook very well
Do not let their husband near kitchen
Give their man his time i.e allowing him to waka small without following him everywhere
Better body shape( the girls for this side don wowo as per too mcuh eating and not enough exercising Heheheh!

Anyways back to topic. I will continue to advise my guy about his girl oh. You know they say follow your instincts. You are usually right.
Re: Naija Lover! by NubianQ(f): 12:48am On May 07, 2008
Plain and simple

You know the truth so just tell you friend and let it just pass by.

she may have Good intentions but u cant be too sure. sometimes i wonder what the massive deal is when it comes to marrying guys abroad that makes some people become so desperate,

anyway, tell ur guy cuz its safer. and for ur Cons on Naija Girls, thats so UNTRUE!!! maybe u met the RAZZ ones so dont put us under the same Umbrella.

anyway tell ur guy say make im waka
Re: Naija Lover! by 4Him1(m): 12:52am On May 07, 2008
omega25red:

I smell a big ass rat
why don't you tell your friend to find a naija girl here in the US? abi na bi force to marry for home?
She is not bringing anything to the table for starters. A woman would not talk to a man who doesn't have a job or future prospects why should men deal with women who have no future prospects but an open mouth for food and hand for money. I can certainly understand some people still being caught up in the old ways of having a house wife and a man that provides all, but in this day and age if you want a woman, find someone who will bring something to the table so that you no fit shakara her and she no fit shakara you life would be so much easier for you.

my guy, you get am!
Re: Naija Lover! by ima1(f): 12:59am On May 07, 2008
i'll advice your friend to dump that girl or she'll use him like toilet paper
Re: Naija Lover! by ikamefa(f): 2:15am On May 07, 2008
" cheesy " i smell a big fat Rattus -rattus

Re: Naija Lover! by morpheus24: 1:29pm On May 07, 2008
Okay update. My guy and im girl got into a little arguement and she told him not to call her anymore. He said okay thats fine and wished her well. I told him not to call her back that this is just fronting as I know naija girls are notorious for doing this.

I told him he has the upper hand in the relationship and should not breakdown and call her otherwise she will know he is weak. He stayed strong and the girl finally call am dey beg say she was just playing around with him.I just don't know what to make of this now.

I need suggestions on how to expose this girl to my friend as you know love is blind.

Any suggestions?
Re: Naija Lover! by omega25red(m): 5:28pm On May 07, 2008
It's obvious that your friend is a desperate man because why would he take back someone who has nothing but her vagina to offer him i don't get that. Remind your friend that looks last but so long and even if he is hell bent on marrying someone from back home, There are so many decent women who have a life and just need to meet the right person to share their life with.
Your friend doesn't have the upper hand in the relationship because now her strategy has changed, she would just act like what he wants and she would say all the things he wants to hear until he marries her azz and come see pepper!

Your hommie needs to take it easy there are women, nice women every where. How much more signs does he have to see before he knows that this is a potentially bad situation?

i don tire for your friend
Re: Naija Lover! by morpheus24: 5:46pm On May 07, 2008
Omega,

You don tire for my friend. What of me wey dey hear tori everyday, non stop. Sometimes I think they have jazzed the guy.

I think the best thing to do now is counteract the situation by carrying the guy to more social occasions so he can jam better babe for this side or the other plan is to get in touch with my contacts for naija make them squeeze the girl well well see if she is for real or if she go break.

And I think I just the plan in mind hehehehehe. Stay tuned.
Re: Naija Lover! by frank316(m): 2:41pm On May 08, 2008
your friend done enter ogoni bus. remember ogoni bus no de get spare tire
Re: Naija Lover! by tngtech(m): 2:46pm On May 08, 2008
d babe dey look for opportunity to come to US after him do dump the guy.

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Cheats On Me But She Left Because She Caught Me With Another Girl / New Tricks That Women Play Nowadays / Would You Be Mad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.