Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (181360 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
wilsonreuben:

I'm working on something now, how about in november?

Love the render, the tisting of the hair

Okay
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 4:25am On Oct 30, 2015
just try this maybe it will help

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2015
donemmx:
just try this maybe it will help
thanks for the quick response.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 7:51am On Oct 31, 2015
Something just worked on.

4 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Afera3D: 9:36am On Nov 04, 2015
Our 3D printer in action...producing a pyramid model designed by an architect

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Afera3D: 9:39am On Nov 04, 2015
Produced model of pyramid before processing.
When you see and hold the design you create, you will be blown away.
Imagination made real!

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
Purpose is to do foldable wings.....and ofcourse a flight cycle.

My Bird Work in progress...

Hauz critique as much. Suggestions and stuff....

Its supposed to be a Bald Eagle.

later modified the wings

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BRAINZBox(m): 9:47am On Nov 05, 2015
My latest render....modifications to be made soon tho

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BRAINZBox(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2015
kazuna:
Purpose is to do foldable wings.....and ofcourse a flight cycle.

My Bird Work in progress...

Hauz critique as much. Suggestions and stuff....

Its supposed to be a Bald Eagle.

later modified the wings

Good one....I think if u'r goin to make d wing foldable...u shuld make it anatomically correct e.g like chicken wings....Dat way it would be easier to rig nd pose...

And a quick question...can u throw a little tip on how to make a realistic feather for birds(nd d large feathers on d wings too)....gracias
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2015
BRAINZBox:
My latest render....modifications to be made soon tho

Is it box modelled?

Wonder how you guyz get the kink of hard surface modelling......

Tried doing one sometime, it came out looking like me!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 05, 2015
BRAINZBox:

Good one....I think if u'r goin to make d wing foldable...u shuld make it anatomically correct e.g like chicken wings....Dat way it would be easier to rig nd pose...

And a quick question...can u throw a little tip on how to make a realistic feather for birds(nd d large feathers on d wings too)....gracias

Okay, a little tip - I modelled one feather (modified using subdiv and the solidified modifiers (to enable/prevent back face culling) then I placed a Wing reference in the background (view from top, 7) and i systematically duplicate the one feather and arrange to fit (the secondary feathers of the reference wing image).

Once that is done, select all the feathers and and ctrl+j (or is it alt+j) to make all'em as one and duplicate and resize the new mesh to fit as the Lesser Primary Covert feathers....

Then model the hand (humerus, Carpometacarpus and stuff), affixed this sets of feathers to it and bind as whole mesh.
To make it an Okuko Igbo, do hairs on the wings......

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Incorrect: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
kazuna:

Okay, a little tip - I modelled one feather (modified using subdiv and the solidified modifiers (to enable/prevent back face culling) then I placed a Wing reference in the background (view from top, 7) and i systematically duplicate the one feather and arrange to fit (the secondary feathers of the reference wing image).

Once that is done, select all the feathers and and ctrl+j (or is it alt+j) to make all'em as one and duplicate and resize the new mesh to fit as the Lesser Primary Covert feathers....

Then model the hand (humerus, Carpometacarpus and stuff), affixed this sets of feathers to it and bind as whole mesh.
To make it an Okuko Igbo, do hairs on the wings......
choi, boss, this your explanation blew me away. You're still tha boss. Sorry i didn't come for those tutorials again; mtn + simpleserver + youtube solved that problem.
Well, it's me Cupid1, back again with a different moniker. A lot of nice work going on here. I hail all you blender heads.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Incorrect:

Well, it's me Cupid1, back again with a different moniker. A lot of nice work going on here. I hail all you blender heads.
What shall we do with out Simple server.....simply serving.

Welcome back. How's Awka? Currently not home, myself.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Incorrect: 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
kazuna:

What shall we do with out Simple server.....simply serving.

Welcome back. How's Awka? Currently not home, myself.
awka is dull as usual boss. Come back soon ooh, so the blender spirit doesn't depart from awka
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BRAINZBox(m): 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
kazuna:

Is it box modelled?

Wonder how you guyz get the kink of hard surface modelling......

Tried doing one sometime, it came out looking like me!

Started with a plane...basically aligned things along the blueprints....thanks for ur tip on d feather
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 06, 2015
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
Wings enlarged a bit and tailfeathers added......

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
wilsonreuben:
Tac Material Final Render
Blender 2.76, Cycles 300 Samples

Will he be Bald, Wilson?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 07, 2015
kazuna:

Will he be Bald, Wilson?
No sir, working on tne hair.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by dake40(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2015
I need some help!....every workout on this thread seems like magic to me!....

Is my blender 3D different from yours?...the size of mine is about 60MB! Hope that's the right size or I'v downloaded junk?......
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
dake40:
I need some help!....every workout on this thread seems like magic to me!....

Is my blender 3D different from yours?...the size of mine is about 60MB! Hope that's the right size or I'v downloaded junk?......

Nope! You have the right blender, I believe urs is 32bit build. Blender is small but mighty smiley
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by dake40(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
BlueMagnificent:

Nope! You have the right blender, I believe urs is 32bit build. Blender is small but mighty smiley

Ooh!....thanks from stopping by....I'm on 64bit PC so I guess 64bit softwares are quite bigger than 32bits...I don't know why...

How do I kick oFf?....Blender 3d is quite confusing
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Afera3D: 7:41am On Nov 10, 2015
Guys check this out. A 3D printed house by Afera3d.

How many of you can use blender to design 3D printable characters. Note that it is an entirely different and rewarding skill to learn how to design for 3D Printing not just for animation purposes. Is someone challenged this morning?

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 11, 2015
@Wilson....Nice parting of the hair..........

Hows your facial rigging technique? Can You Give a small tip on your process?

Can you do a Negro skin shader?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
kazuna:
@Wilson....Nice parting of the hair..........

Hows your facial rigging technique? Can You Give a small tip on your process?

Can you do a Negro skin shader?

Thanks Kazuna.

My facial rigging technique is okay for me. I use the PropEdit tool and Sculpt Mode. I start with the brows, then the eyes, mouth, jaw, cheek and then the nose.
I start with the left and then mirror to the right. i usuall have:

brows_up.L
brows_down.L
brows_mid_up
brows_mid_down
eyelid_top_close.L
eyelid_bottom_close.L
snare.L
lip_top_up
lip_bottom_down
lip_top_forward
lip_bottom_foward
lip_top_in
lip_bottom_in
mouth_open
mouth_side_up.L
tongue_out
tongue_in
cheek_puff.L
jaw_side.L

I then copy to the right.

For a negro skin shader, never tried it but this might work

two sss mixed, then mixed with another sss

the first sss for the inner skin should be reddish
the second for the mid should be pale
the last should be the dark or chocolate for the outer skin

hope i helped.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by pass111(m): 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
Please can anyone recommend a good modelling and texturing tutorial either pdf or videos
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
pass111:
Please can anyone recommend a good modelling and texturing tutorial either pdf or videos

david allen ward tutorials on youtube. Search for tim tutorial series

darrin lile tutorials
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
@wilson, Ok...Rigging ala Tim Burton series style?

Alright, came up with fur as feathers.....just don't know how else to do the feather system, guess my limited knowledge of hair simulations got in the way.

Still improving on my hair simulation techniques.......

Next will be the rigging stage and texturing of the feet.....

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by pass111(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
wilsonreuben:

david allen ward tutorials on youtube. Search for tim tutorial series

darrin lile tutorials
Thanks for your time, please must one model with the reference image i.e the front and side view images
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by losprince(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
@ kazuna that bird's feet though undecided looks dope anyway cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.